Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone (8679 Views)

Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps / Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading / Age Qualification Bill Passes 2nd Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by Joe4lv(m): 10:21pm On Apr 13, 2016
(National Grazing Reserve Commission (NGRC) will be the new Gestapo....Hitler's police. So people will have a right to take my house and land "if they consider the place good for grazing? God punish all Yorubas, Igbos, minorities of the middle belt and Niger Delta who do not do all they can against this Grazing Laws. If Igbos and Yorubas and the rest of us do not unite against this law, we deserve to be slaughtered. How can a bill that will hand a NGRC commission a right to take any land anywhere for cow get to second reading? Are we crazy? Where on this earth do cows have such rights?)

THE CRAZY GRAZING BILL - MICHAEL DEDON
The proposed Grazing Bill for Fulani herdsmen is an invitation to anarchy in an already volatile country like Nigeria. The Bill is already before the National Assembly and has successfully scaled through second reading in both the Senate and the House of Representatives. All that is left in the legislative process to make it a law is a 3rd reading, that is, a clause by clause debate and then assent by the President. The proposed piece of legislation is full of unconstitutionalities, ethnic discriminations, fundamental human rights violations, religious tenets violations, conspicuous criminal omissions and unforgiveable legislative indiscretions.
The full title of the Bill is, AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE NATIONAL GRAZING RESERVE (ESTABLISHMENT AND DEVELOPMENT) COMMISSION FOR THE PRESERVATION AND CONTROL OF NATIONAL GRAZING RESERVES AND STOCK ROUTES AND OTHER MATTERS CONNECTED THEREWITH.
The Bill’s concluding explanatory memorandum says that the Bill seeks to provide for, among other things, the establishment of the National Grazing Reserve Commission of Nigeria, for the preservation and control of national grazing reserves and stock routes in the country. Its key provisions and high points include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. To establish a National Grazing Reserve Commission (NGRC), a body corporate.
2. The NGRC may acquire, hold, lease or dispose of any property, moveable or immoveable for the purpose of carrying out its function.
3. The NGRC shall have a governing Council headed by a Chairman appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate with members representing the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Water Resources, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Environment,Housing and Urban Development, the National Commission for Nomadic Education and shall also have a Director General.
4. To raise monies by way of grants, loans, borrowing, subsidies and donations.
5. The following lands may be subject to the provisions of the Act to be constituted as National Grazing Reserves and Stock Routes:
(a) Lands at the disposal of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
(b) Any lands in respect of which it appears to the Commission that grazing in such land should be practiced.
(c) Any land acquired by the Commission through purchase, assignment, gift or otherwise howsoever.
6. State Governments shall be given notice first before land acquisition and gazetting.
7. The Commission shall pay compensation to persons affected by any land acquisition.
8. There shall be no improvements, encroachment, bush burning, hunting, use of chemicals and felling of trees by anyone inside lands acquired and demarcated as National Grazing Reserves or Stock Routes.
9.Contravention of any of the provisions in (cool above shall be punishable by a fine of N50,000 or 5 years imprisonment or both.
10. No Court of law shall carry out execution of its judgment or attachment of court process issued against the Commission in any action or suit without obtaining the prior consent of the Attorney General of the Federation.
11. For the time being, the Commission shall report to the Honorable Minster for Agriculture and Water Resources.
12. Native communities referred to in the Bill shall be any group of persons occupying any lands in accordance with, and subject to native law and custom.
....the list then goes on. Please,call all your senators and house of reps members and ask them as a matter of urgency to reject the enactment of this evil bill.

You can get their phone through sahara reporters website.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by searchng4love: 10:24pm On Apr 13, 2016
it is good for the states that accommodate them...they can easily round em up if need be.
Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by Orjioorji(f): 10:29pm On Apr 13, 2016
that won't happen in Igbo land I know reason we don't even have enough land not to talk of given to Fulani.

27 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by 49cents(m): 10:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
Zombiesas usual will clap for Bubu lol

11 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by checkolatunji: 10:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
Orjioorji:
that won't happen in Igbo land I know reason we don't even have enough land not to talk of given to Fulani.

You think so? Make we all sha no gree

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 13, 2016
searchng4love:
it is good for the states that accommodate them...they can easily round em up if need be.

Anyone who wants land should pay for them!!! No body would take any inch of igboland to give to these mudafuckers!! I hope the legislators from the south and MB are not stupid enough to let this bill pass into law even if they are that daft the citizens of these regions will never allow it happen!! I trust my igbo peopl!! If Buhari could not even keep boko haram prisoners in a federal prison in Ekwulobia!! He would not dare try to give any inch of igboland to his muderous kinsmen

20 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by 2sexyus: 10:44pm On Apr 13, 2016
ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE FOOLS... AT LEAST THE RECENT LAGOS-CALABA RAIL SAGA SAYS IT ALL

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by enlightenedmind: 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2016
why r they passing bills without u pple's concert? tell ur governor u do not want it.... send sahara reporters an email now n dey will put it up

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by enlightenedmind: 10:48pm On Apr 13, 2016
Joe4lv:
(National Grazing Reserve Commission (NGRC) will be the new Gestapo....Hitler's police. So people will have a right to take my house and land "if they consider the place good for grazing? God punish all Yorubas, Igbos, minorities of the middle belt and Niger Delta who do not do all they can against this Grazing Laws. If Igbos and Yorubas and the rest of us do not unite against this law, we deserve to be slaughtered. How can a bill that will hand a NGRC commission a right to take any land anywhere for cow get to second reading? Are we crazy? Where on this earth do cows have such rights?)

THE CRAZY GRAZING BILL - MICHAEL DEDON
The proposed Grazing Bill for Fulani herdsmen is an invitation to anarchy in an already volatile country like Nigeria. The Bill is already before the National Assembly and has successfully scaled through second reading in both the Senate and the House of Representatives. All that is left in the legislative process to make it a law is a 3rd reading, that is, a clause by clause debate and then assent by the President. The proposed piece of legislation is full of unconstitutionalities, ethnic discriminations, fundamental human rights violations, religious tenets violations, conspicuous criminal omissions and unforgiveable legislative indiscretions.
The full title of the Bill is, AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE NATIONAL GRAZING RESERVE (ESTABLISHMENT AND DEVELOPMENT) COMMISSION FOR THE PRESERVATION AND CONTROL OF NATIONAL GRAZING RESERVES AND STOCK ROUTES AND OTHER MATTERS CONNECTED THEREWITH.
The Bill’s concluding explanatory memorandum says that the Bill seeks to provide for, among other things, the establishment of the National Grazing Reserve Commission of Nigeria, for the preservation and control of national grazing reserves and stock routes in the country. Its key provisions and high points include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. To establish a National Grazing Reserve Commission (NGRC), a body corporate.
2. The NGRC may acquire, hold, lease or dispose of any property, moveable or immoveable for the purpose of carrying out its function.
3. The NGRC shall have a governing Council headed by a Chairman appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate with members representing the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Rural Development and Water Resources, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Environment,Housing and Urban Development, the National Commission for Nomadic Education and shall also have a Director General.
4. To raise monies by way of grants, loans, borrowing, subsidies and donations.
5. The following lands may be subject to the provisions of the Act to be constituted as National Grazing Reserves and Stock Routes:
(a) Lands at the disposal of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
(b) Any lands in respect of which it appears to the Commission that grazing in such land should be practiced.
(c) Any land acquired by the Commission through purchase, assignment, gift or otherwise howsoever.
6. State Governments shall be given notice first before land acquisition and gazetting.
7. The Commission shall pay compensation to persons affected by any land acquisition.
8. There shall be no improvements, encroachment, bush burning, hunting, use of chemicals and felling of trees by anyone inside lands acquired and demarcated as National Grazing Reserves or Stock Routes.
9.Contravention of any of the provisions in (cool above shall be punishable by a fine of N50,000 or 5 years imprisonment or both.
10. No Court of law shall carry out execution of its judgment or attachment of court process issued against the Commission in any action or suit without obtaining the prior consent of the Attorney General of the Federation.
11. For the time being, the Commission shall report to the Honorable Minster for Agriculture and Water Resources.
12. Native communities referred to in the Bill shall be any group of persons occupying any lands in accordance with, and subject to native law and custom.
....the list then goes on. Please,call all your senators and house of reps members and ask them as a matter of urgency to reject the enactment of this evil bill.

You can get their phone through sahara reporters website.

we cant do anything on naira land. go to sahara noww and mobilise ur guys to say no so evryone knows u pple do not want it. cuz now nobody knows

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by 2sexyus: 10:48pm On Apr 13, 2016
chukwudi44:

Anyone who wants land should pay for them!!! No body would take any inch of igboland to give to these mudafuckers!! I hope the legislators from the south and MB are not stupid enough to let this bill pass into law even if they are that daft the citizens of these regions will never allow it happen!! I trust my igbo peopl!! If Buhari could not even keep boko haram prisoners in a federal prison in Ekwulobia!! He would not dare try to give any inch of igboland to his muderous kinsmen
and Enugu governor signed a pact with same fulanis in name of seeking peace after killing and raping people in their land. Agatu kill took place, nothing happened. They went to Mile 12, nothing happened, they went to warri and another happened. This how you will sit behind whatever device while that bill will be passed and NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.

Like said, South are fools.

15 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
enlightenedmind:
why r they passing bills without u pple's concert? tell ur governor u do not want it.... send sahara reporters an email now n dey will put it up

Even if our legislators are stupid enough to allow them pass the bill into law,they should come and take the land let us see!! Dem no born dem well

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by Sctests: 10:51pm On Apr 13, 2016
Like I said earlier, you southerners have your senators numbers now. Call them! I have just called my own senator, I was surprised he even picked, maybe because it's an International number. Call your senators and have a chat with them.

If Southerners can't be given free 'trading reserves' in the north, why should fulani cow billionaires be given free 'grazing reserves' in the south? Why can't they buy lands and build ranches as obtainable is saner climes? These are the same people that abuse the south especially Igbos for having little landmass compared to them. Why should they now have the little that we are managing in the east?
If that bill passes our generation will never forgive us.

Mr SamuelAnyanwu, I don't know if you are the senator himself, his PA or an impostor. What's your take on the bill?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by 2sexyus: 10:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
Orjioorji:
STORY... Nigerians are all same, the elites know you wont do anything and that is why they have minds to do whatever they do. If is a case where you stone them, I am sure they will think twice before doing anything.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by maddman: 10:55pm On Apr 13, 2016
It's official! only the cows and the fulanis are enjoying the change promised by the illiterate president angry sad

1 Like

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by OFFICIAL336: 11:04pm On Apr 13, 2016
I think the House should amend the procedure for recalling senators. We need to recall all senators if that bill passes.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by searchng4love: 11:06pm On Apr 13, 2016
chukwudi44:

for the states that accommodate them.
Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by nnachukz(m): 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2016
That Bill will scale through and when it finally does, some people will forever live in regret for voting APC.

10 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
2sexyus:
STORY... Nigerians are all same, the elites know you wont do anything and that is why they have minds to do whatever they do. If is a case where you stone them, I am sure they will think twice before doing anything.

Bros this one is not elite matter!! No community in igboland would agree to accomodate any stupid grazing reserves for these animals!! I bet you bill or no bill,law or no law no one would be able to enforce it in igboland!! Trust me on that

12 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by UIA04(f): 11:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
Lalasticlala where are you this should be on front page.

Nonsense
God will punish the initiator of that bill. So this is their plan we have been sleeping since o

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 13, 2016
2sexyus:
and Enugu governor signed a pact with same fulanis in name of seeking peace after killing and raping people in their land. Agatu kill took place, nothing happened. They went to Mile 12, nothing happened, they went to warri and another happened. This how you will sit behind whatever device while that bill will be passed and NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.

Like said, South are fools.

Reprisal killings has already began!! It happned in abia and now in ondo,it is only a matter of time before it spreads to the entire southern states and the middlebelt.

12 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by Dollyak(f): 11:26pm On Apr 13, 2016
The supposedly more educated southerners are useless or perhaps too short sighted. Fulani can successfully rub sand on everyone's face and no one will bat an eye. It's not my business. Stupid people deserve their sufferings.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by jojomario(m): 11:39pm On Apr 13, 2016
Oh no
Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by Jirate(m): 11:43pm On Apr 13, 2016
That is what this "Change" thing is all About………….. cool cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by 2sexyus: 12:03am On Apr 14, 2016
chukwudi44:

Bros this one is not elite matter!! No community in igboland would agree to accomodate any stupid grazing reserves for these animals!! I bet you bill or no bill,law or no law no one would be able to enforce it in igboland!! Trust me on that
more like it and I would really love such resistance.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by IamAtribalist: 12:12am On Apr 14, 2016
cool THIS law MUST NOT PASS AS WRITTEN - I SMELL YEYE cool

Seun FRONTPAGE ABEG. cool
Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 14, 2016
Such law could lead to the balkanization of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by ozoebuka1(m): 12:23am On Apr 14, 2016
when its time to fight for right they will call igbos during election, they'll boycot dem... na God go judge una.. oya igbo make una carry d mata for head... when it gets sore they'll term u ipob touts... mtcheww.

13 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by Disneylady(f): 12:26am On Apr 14, 2016
Oh God! Is this the reason Buhari wanted that seat at all cost? Is this the reason they chased away Jonathan? Could this be the reason why most Nigerians are gullible?
Chai....APC yaff kill us in this kontry

10 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 14, 2016
so he-goats will continue to support patent terrorist who carry live ammo as cattle rearers - one day they will kill children and wives of lawmakers just as boko-haram kill their own brothers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by Princewill1(m): 12:46am On Apr 14, 2016
If they pass this bill then,Nigeria will officially be a FULANI REPUBLIC...
Because Fulani jihadist flag will be flying in all the 774 LGAs in Nigeria.
Nigeria is really a ZOO!

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 14, 2016
why are people scared.. global religious intolerance even amongst islam brethren will kill the religion naturally - europe is regretting allowing syrians in after the muslim world turned a blind eye now they rape and want their own mosques - go figure.. islam shoots itself in the foot

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone by basilo101: 1:08am On Apr 14, 2016
Even if that happens we igbos will migrate to cattle business en mass and occupy the reserve within our territory

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Falana Seeks Pardon For 70 Soldiers Serving 10 Years For Mutiny / 2020 Budget: FG To Complete 6 Secretariats In Anambra, Bayelsa, Others / Nnamdi Kanu Is Dead Omote Biafra Breaks Down In Tears - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.