Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) (19793 Views)

NUC Approves Borno State University / NUC Approves Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree / NUC Approves University Of Africa For Bayelsa As 43rd State University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by stevnwigw: 9:32am On Apr 14, 2016
Rochas put fisheries and aquaculture as one of the courses offered by your new university, you will never regret you did.
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by joeshed(m): 10:12am On Apr 14, 2016
what we need in IMO state is industries for productions, and not a baseless university... I know this is another fraud from Rochas.. chai!!!! we can't be deceived...
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by Csami(m): 10:16am On Apr 14, 2016
Babangida70:

yoou guys hate Rochas but like fayose..... hypo........crites! make una kwantinue

Who da fvck are you? And how do you know I like fayose? Hippopotamus
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by Pavore9: 10:24am On Apr 14, 2016
wilcox:

My brother I pray o. But come to think of it does the state really need that,,?
No IMSU should have been upgraded to world class and its expansion should be made to accommodate more students.
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by kombitel(m): 10:41am On Apr 14, 2016
[size=8pt]Education is very fundamental in any forward looking society especially when the population index is northward trending, as long as the universities can be funded (whether private, govt or PPP) and the right level of academics/morals maintained.... there is no harm in creating many of them!

Another key thing is Nigerian universities should really stop been jack of all trades & attempt to specialize in core areas e.g medical sciences, Engineering, Management Sciences e.t.c. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by wilcox(m): 12:24pm On Apr 14, 2016
Pavore9:
No IMSU should have been upgraded to world class and its expansion should be made to accommodate more students.
Bros you Sabi something, please do well to contest the 2019 general election.
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by chigoizie7(m): 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2016
Imsu,

Futo,

Nekede,

Imopoly,

Alvan ikokwu,

And this new one,

How u wan take tidy all those state owned?

Nawa ooh, where is the money to run all those institutions?
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by amakenny: 3:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
chigoizie7:
Imsu,

Futo,

Nekede,

Imopoly,

Alvan ikokwu,

And this new one,

How u wan take tidy all those state owned?

Nawa ooh, where is the money to run all those institutions?

By charging appropriate tuition.

All over the world any town that has a university, even one, never fails, the town grows from strength to strength.

Add the billions of Naira that flow into Owerri from these institutions each month to the monthly federal government allocations to Imo state that mostly end up in Owerri because modern infrastructures have to be provided in Owerri to keep these five institutions and students and staff of the universities, you shall understand why Owerri has developed into two large cities, while Orlu and Okigwe remain static - like rural areas.

When Imo state was created in 1976, there were hardly big differences between the levels of urbanization between Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe.

Let this new university be mostly owned by Imo state government.
There are too many Imo indegenes qualified for university education but can't be admitted because of lack of places in the existing universities.

1 Like

Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by chigoizie7(m): 4:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
amakenny:

By charging appropriate tuition.

All over the world any town that has a university, even one, never fails, the town grows from strength to strength.

Add the billions of Naira that flow into Owerri from these institutions each month to the monthly federal government allocations to Imo state that mostly end up in Owerri because modern infrastructures have to be provided in Owerri to keep these five institutions and students and staff of the universities, you shall understand why Owerri has developed into two large cities, while Orlu and Okigwe remain static - like rural areas.

When Imo state was created in 1976, there were hardly big differences between the levels of urbanization between Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe.

Let this new university be mostly owned by Imo state government.
There are too many Imo indegenes qualified for university education but can't be admitted because of lack of places in the existing universities.

Whatever rocks una boats, make una enjoy.
Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by drnoel: 9:18am On Apr 15, 2016
wilcox:

Ok I see, but this man can't win any election in IMO state again. As for his presidential ambition, hmmmmm that one go hard pass Carmel passing through an eye of a niddel

So u say probably cos u are enlightened and educated but then as an educated man don't forget hunger na devil. Nigerians have been known to dance with the devil we know will kill us cos of hunger. Did u not see pix on social media of state assembly members kneeling down infront of Rochas? I mean bros what madness. Now when the white man calls africans backwards we go begin vex. Mark my words Rochas will present himself for Senate and will win. It will do u all like movie. Then he will present himself for president but will be told to step down for another candidate and instead take the vice president slot which he will do. Na when this thing happen una eye go clear. Rochas may not be popular now but he has not yet made himself unpopular like Orji Uzor who started insulting people and creating enemies as his last 4 years ran out. My biggest problem with you nigerians is that you guys forget too fast and let deja vu repeat itself times again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NUC Approves New University For Imo As Gov Okorocha Receives License (pics) by drnoel: 9:22am On Apr 15, 2016
drnoel:

So u say probably cos u are enlightened and educated but then as an educated man don't forget hunger na devil. Nigerians have been known to dance with the devil we know will kill us cos of hunger. Did u not see pix on social media of state assembly members kneeling down infront of Rochas? I mean bros what madness. Now when the white man calls africans backwards we go begin vex. Mark my words Rochas will present himself for Senate and will win. It will do u all like movie. Then he will present himself for president but will be told to step down for another candidate and instead take the vice president slot which he will do. Na when this thing happen una eye go clear. Rochas may not be popular now but he has not yet made himself unpopular like Orji Uzor who started insulting people and creating enemies as his last 4 years ran out. My biggest problem with you nigerians is that you guys forget too fast and let deja vu repeat itself times again.

To add to what I said b4, if not how can a dullard like Bubu be leading you peeps now as president. Thats a clear case of deja vu. I mean I thought the fulanis are specialized herdsmen leading cows and goats but for one to be leading a whole country, what does that make you guys?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria Becomes First University To Adopt Renewable Energy / Jimoh Khairat Emerged 3rd Position In The Commonwealth Writing Contest / JAMB Adds 40 Marks For 2016 Candidates – Recheck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.