Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget (22539 Views)

Pope Francis Prays For Nigeria As Dogara Meets Him In Vatican City,italy(pics) / Reps Gather 113 Signatures For Dogara, Jibrin Probe By EFCC / Saraki Absent As Dogara Meets Buhari In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by akilo1: 11:34am On Apr 14, 2016
Commonsense senator was busy tweeting when people are allocating money to thier constituency and he is busy hating on buhari,where is the common sense?
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by habsydiamond(m): 11:35am On Apr 14, 2016
these are the merlins using magic to instill change into our budget abi. make una arrange yourselves b4 we nigerians arrange u.
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by seyenko(m): 11:44am On Apr 14, 2016
Arse of Arse-hembly
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by yaki84: 11:46am On Apr 14, 2016
StOla:
Yet some foolish Southerners are supporting the same Jibrin against Amaechi, claiming that the Coastal Railway was not in the original budget.

Are Jibrin' s and Dogora's project in the original budget?
Were they included in any subsequent amendment like Amaechi did for the coastal railway?
Did the relevant ministers defend those projects during the budget defence?

Lastly, did Jibrin wait for a supplementary budget before inserting his own personal projects outside the statutory allocation for constituency projects? Yet the same Jibrin is telling Amaechi and the President to wait till a new supplementary budget is raised by the executive before a critical project can be approved.

The problem with hate is that people self-destruct, thinking they are hurting their enemies. Some are determined that Buhari must not achieve anything good within their political domain, as if he was responsible for the failure of their own son on home soil.

Buhari and Amaechi may never need to use the coastal railway in their lifetime, but the supposed beneficiaries are supporting the arguments of the very person who has robbed them to make his own people happy.

Years from now, a new generation of Southern bigots would proclaim that the North allocated lots of infrastructural projects to themselves, oblivious of the self-hate that caused their own neglect.

bros I wan give u facts that will convince u that this federal govt never thought of executing that project.

1. amaechi said the project will start from obudu connect to calabar then link to uyo n the rest. in the entire route presented by dailies, hv not seen south eastern towns in the route.

2. thee project in question is calabar lagos rail project, but amaechi said it will kickstart from obudu, why not obudu lagos rail project? why calabar lagos?
dont forget buhari flagged off 250km super highway lastyr that will link bakassi to obudu terminating at katsina ala which is in benue, if at all this facility is going to kickstart which to me is capital intensive why include obudu into this project which to me will hinder n slow down this project considering the problems on ground with the super highway caused by the indigenes of these communities this highway will pass thru. they r telling the govt to halt constructiin that govt didnt consult them before embarking on d project that their livelihood source will be desteoyed n most of their economic trees n communities will be destroyed.

3. the transport ministry hv not done any feasibility studies nor EIA on this project. communities where this track will pass thru hv not been consulted. dont forget this track will not be laid beside the existing road network on ground in these communities.

4. the deed has been done, even if the project was included in the budget am not sure normal work would hv started this year. so let d ministry go back to d drawing board n do d needful.
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by yaki84: 11:50am On Apr 14, 2016
I will keep blaming the executive for this mess n controversy in d budget.
from the time ministers started denying their budgets n bringing another budget there was a problem been created by that singular action.

how can ministers reject budget n bring in another version of budget without the knowledge of presidency?
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by AlanSugar(m): 11:59am On Apr 14, 2016
rottennaija:
I'm sure when NASS survive this, they wouldn't try it again in the next budget.

How can you have to mind to say that a project wasn't in the budget but you knew it was defended, you also knew it was in error that it was left out of the budget. Then you have the mind to remove it, you also take the money to share among other project and then include your own project which wasn't on the budget.

What sort of reasoning is that? If it wasnt in the budget, why did you include your own project that wasn't captured?

My broda, these are the thieves That the IB had been breeding. Do we blame them? No! Afterall "stealing is not corruption"! No wonder they are so pained by the emergence of Buhari. This country will see good in Jesus' name!
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by santori: 12:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
OrangeDream:
I demand that Abdulmumin Jubrin be recalled immediately from the house.. This man is a disaster.. What arrant nonsense!!!

what a misplaced statement, is jubril representing your people? I wonder how una dey think. the senators and reps are there, you are not calling for their withdrawal. na person that has no leaning to your region you dey para for.

sorry to ask , how old are you?
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by santori: 12:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
DEDEAL77:
Jibrin must resign for going beyond his bound with the provisions of the Constitution

street light 300M

Jibrin is Jibiti

Jibiti must resign now

He is a thief.

what a misplaced statement, is jubril representing your people? I wonder how una dey think. the senators and reps are there, you are not calling for their withdrawal. na person that has no leaning to your region you dey para for.
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by iweadebash(m): 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2016
These people are demons! Thank God for APC, all these secrets would not have been known to the populace. PMB will succeed by God's grace. Can someone say AMEN!

2 Likes

Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
santori:

sorry to ask , how old are you?
Old enough to give birth to a cobweb-head like you.. Since you can't see that, this man just compromised national interest.. Mumu
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by Tokety7: 12:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
OrangeDream:
I quite agree with you to an extent.. But why should him use his position as Appropriation Committee Chairman to influence or divert huge resources to his constituency? Was that why he was appointed? This is a case of national interest.. And he abused the position..
If this is the new trend in the house now, then house representative members from other constituencies will start fighting for that position next year na.. Honestly, he erred on this one

I like ur moral stance but the truth is out there is the survival of the fittest. His primary responsibility is for his people who voted him to represent them and not the other way round. besides, u should understand that he was only able to have his way because his other colleagues were found wanting. Even the good book says from whom that has little we will collect and give to the one that has plenty. the rest of his colleagues were sleeping.
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by blazetitov: 12:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

And when does fighting for the interest of people in his constituency well become a crime? This is a call for others to sit tight and wake up to their responsibilities.

Imagine! this man was able to include these projects which were not initially included in the project submitted under the watchful eyes of SE/SS Senators, while the SE/SS rail project was rejected because it was not included in the main budget: who is fooling who?

Kudos to Jibrin jooor....

If he included those projects with the knowledge of the other committee members and he did not at the same time cancel or divert funds for projects from other regions, then he is smart. But he didn't tow that line. He is a criminal!!
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by solreb: 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
What we see play out is typical of what has been going on for the past 16 years. It was normal for NASS to reconfigure budgets, introduce and allocate some projects of their own interests which will be "executed" by them ( in most cases, they either sell or abandon the projects) to make money.

I thank God for Buhari who has insisted on doing the right thing. That was why the padding that normally take place at Budget office came to light. Now the NASS aspect has surfaced.

Ask anybody who do NDDC projects. Ehat they fo to the federal budget is what they do to Nddc budget. They will remove projects ongoing from budgets and insert their own. That is why you see abandoned projects everywhere. The mega projects are awarded from N1b and above are cornered by them. NASS is d real problem of d country. If they can be dealt with then we will make progress. Again I thank God I voted for change, otherwise it will be business as usual. If NASS cannot get their way they will ensure executive perform, and that will be better for Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by santori: 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
yaki84:

bros I wan give u facts that will convince u that this federal govt never thought of executing that project.

1. amaechi said the project will start from obudu connect to calabar then link to uyo n the rest. in the entire route presented by dailies, hv not seen south eastern towns in the route.

2. thee project in question is calabar lagos rail project, but amaechi said it will kickstart from obudu, why not obudu lagos rail project? why calabar lagos?
dont forget buhari flagged off 250km super highway lastyr that will link bakassi to obudu terminating at katsina ala which is in benue, if at all this facility is going to kickstart which to me is capital intensive why include obudu into this project which to me will hinder n slow down this project considering the problems on ground with the super highway caused by the indigenes of these communities this highway will pass thru. they r telling the govt to halt constructiin that govt didnt consult them before embarking on d project that their livelihood source will be desteoyed n most of their economic trees n communities will be destroyed.

3. the transport ministry hv not done any feasibility studies nor EIA on this project. communities where this track will pass thru hv not been consulted. dont forget this track will not be laid beside the existing road network on ground in these communities.

4. the deed has been done, even if the project was included in the budget am not sure normal work would hv started this year. so let d ministry go back to d drawing board n do d needful.

chaiiiiii

oga wetin you dey talk self. it's better to keep mute than spewing uninformed gibberish in the airspace.

1. aba and onitsha are part of the route. na you know which dailies you dey read

2. the kano to lagos rail line for instance, terminated at iddo but was not name kano/iddo line. get that in your skull

3. the bakassi/obudu road is a cross river state financed project. the governor only lobbied the fg to be able to access the loan to finance it. okay?

4. oga this project has been in the pipeline since 2014, you don't know more than the ministry than added it to the budget.

let's forget about political correctness at the expense of development. as much as yoruba ppl hated babangida reach, he built 3rd mainland bridge which yoruba ppl are enjoying today. It's time you guys learn to separate developmental interest from political interest.

aboki ppl did not reject alimajiri schools because they hate Jonathan o. a word is enough for the wise

3 Likes

Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by santori: 12:41pm On Apr 14, 2016
OrangeDream:
Old enough to give birth to a cobweb-head like you.. Since you can't see that, this man just compromised national interest.. Mumu

muuuumuuuu. everything na about interest. why do you think every local government has representatives in abuja? abi to you na to go dey Bleep ashawo and share the money

you be confirm legbere, incase you don't know , they are sent there to protect your ppl interest so that you aren't short changed

dey there dey talk national interest, make him dey corner everything for him people and your own brother dey mumu.

abuja to kaduna fast train go begin work end of this years. make una nao shout on those bastards wey dey represent us to represent well
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by codedguy1(m): 12:45pm On Apr 14, 2016
blazetitov:

If he included those projects with the knowledge of the other committee members and he did not at the same time cancel or divert funds for projects from other regions, then he is smart. But he didn't tow that line. He is a criminal!!

This is the point a lot of people are missing! It now seems doing the wrong thing and tagging it smart is the right thing in this country. What those Nass members did was wrong and should not be praised as being smart by diverting projects to their constituencies.

the southern house members were trying to play by the rules becauses it is wrong to start allocating projects any how but the northern members just feel they can allocate these things to their constituencies because that's all they have been doing in the Nigerian project and it now seems like its the right thing to do.

The place where I blame the southern house members is that they were not vigilant enough to observe, caution and call out the northern Nass members when they were allocating spurious projects to their constituencies.

They failed us there!

2 Likes

Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by Ayomivic(m): 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2016
GudluckIBB:
So this is how they have been infusing monies in the past since 1999.

Thank God I voted for change.

Sai Buhari

Don't mind those thieves call rep. If the reps and senators have been used the money allocated for their constituenc judiciously without them embezzled it i think nigeria would have been a better place for us

PMB should probe all the past senators and rep from 1999 till 2015
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by santori: 12:49pm On Apr 14, 2016
yaki84:
I will keep blaming the executive for this mess n controversy in d budget.
from the time ministers started denying their budgets n bringing another budget there was a problem been created by that singular action.

how can ministers reject budget n bring in another version of budget without the knowledge of presidency?

he be like say you were in coma when it became a publi knowledge that the initial budget was riddled with errors, and the various ministers had to go to the Senate and house committees to present and defend their ministry corrected budget.

it's like you ppl have been cursed to blame buhari over anything

1 Like

Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by Omonigeriarere: 12:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
blazetitov:

And where did you get the information that other members of committee were not aware? The man played on their sense and he scaled through.
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by blazetitov: 12:54pm On Apr 14, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

And where did you get the information that other members of committee were not aware? The man played on their sense and he scaled through.

Just put that phone into Trucaller. That guy is not smart, he is a criminal and a ethnic bigot.

Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by blazetitov: 12:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
codedguy1:

This is the point a lot of people are missing! It now seems doing the wrong thing and tagging it smart is the right thing in this country. What those Nass members did was wrong and should not be praised as being smart by diverting projects to their constituencies.

the southern house members were trying to play by the rules becauses it is wrong to start allocating projects any how but the northern members just feel they can allocate these things to their constituencies because that's all they have been doing in the Nigerian project and it now seems like its the right thing to do.

The place where I blame the southern house members is that they were not vigilant enough to observe, caution and call out the northern Nass members when they were allocating spurious projects to their constituencies.

They failed us there!

Correct!
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 14, 2016
santori:

muuuumuuuu. everything na about interest. why do you think every local government has representatives in abuja? abi to you na to go dey Bleep ashawo and share the money

you be confirm legbere, incase you don't know , they are sent there to protect your ppl interest so that you aren't short changed

dey there dey talk national interest, make him dey corner everything for him people and your own brother dey mumu.

abuja to kaduna fast train go begin work end of this years. make una nao shout on those bastards wey dey represent us to represent well

When we see ashawo patronisers, we know them.. Can't believe i'm interacting with a pig.. #spit.. I quit
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by rexzqcom(m): 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2016
rottennaija:
I'm sure when NASS survive this, they wouldn't try it again in the next budget.

How can you have to mind to say that a project wasn't in the budget but you knew it was defended, you also knew it was in error that it was left out of the budget. Then you have the mind to remove it, you also take the money to share among other project and then include your own project which wasn't on the budget.
What sort of reasoning is that? If it wasnt in the budget, why did you include your own project that wasn't captured?

Never trust them. Continuous audits of their decisions is the only solution.
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by santori: 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2016
OrangeDream:
When we see ashawo patronisers, we know them.. Can't believe i'm interacting with a pig.. #spit.. I quit

hahahahaahahahaaha lolololololololoolo kikikikikikkikikikikikikikki hajajajjajajajajajajajajajajajaajaja

shebi you dey patronise them as I dey do
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by banio: 2:38pm On Apr 14, 2016
Nigeria Strong

Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by SweetSoup(m): 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2016
StOla:
Yet some foolish Southerners are supporting the same Jibrin against Amaechi, claiming that the Coastal Railway was not in the original budget.

Are Jibrin' s and Dogora's project in the original budget?
Were they included in any subsequent amendment like Amaechi did for the coastal railway?
Did the relevant ministers defend those projects during the budget defence?

Lastly, did Jibrin wait for a supplementary budget before inserting his own personal projects outside the statutory allocation for constituency projects? Yet the same Jibrin is telling Amaechi and the President to wait till a new supplementary budget is raised by the executive before a critical project can be approved.

The problem with hate is that people self-destruct, thinking they are hurting their enemies. Some are determined that Buhari must not achieve anything good within their political domain, as if he was responsible for the failure of their own son on home soil.

Buhari and Amaechi may never need to use the coastal railway in their lifetime, but the supposed beneficiaries are supporting the arguments of the very person who has robbed them to make his own people happy.

Years from now, a new generation of Southern bigots would proclaim that the North allocated lots of infrastructural projects to themselves, oblivious of the self-hate that caused their own neglect.

Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by Nasige(m): 2:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
It unfortunate that this is what has been in play for the past 16 years. Meaning Nigerian Budget is just to enrich all those funny people that called themselves Senators and house of Representatives. I know many people i not in support of this administration but truth be said this administration has blew up so many truth that has be hidden for long time. "CHANGE IS NOT AS EASY AS WE THINK" Even we as an individual it difficult for us to change some of our ways not to talk of changing a whole country.Let keep our fingers cross and see the outcome of this administration.GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS.
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by Escodeb(m): 3:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
Aufbauh:

But We in the Benue South senatorial district do not see the the effects of this infusion over the years that David Mark held sway in the Senate leadership in our constituency.

In fact Otukpo one of the major town in the state which incidentally happen to be his home town is an eye sore.
I heard that our own share has been taken to Panama for his generational investment.
Why do you people keep voting for him for the past 16 years?
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by justmenoni: 10:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
And some biased ppl were demanding for fayose's head...So they're going to China to borrow money for :

[s]Rehabilitation of Sharada-Kwanar Dogara—N1.445billion

•Construction of solar powered boreholes–N150m

•Supply of tricycles, grinding machines and set of women salon empowerment kits—N200m

•Small irrigation scheme ins in Kiru—N100m[/s]
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by successbuchi32(m): 10:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
GudluckIBB:
So this is how they have been infusing monies in the past since 1999.

Thank God I voted for change.

Sai Buhari
mr change how market? You still get mouth?
Re: Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget by tola9jaa: 11:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
GudluckIBB:

Muray bruce especially

the nonsense senator

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Supporters Hold Rally In UK: "Buhari Should Continue Beyond 2019" / Militants Blow Up NPDC Oil Facility In Delta / Femi Adesina: Nigeria Built On False Foundation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.