Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff (730492 Views)

FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Job Recruitment Of 1,250 New Staff / Lagos State To Recruit 1,000 Teachers Into Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Paragon001(m): 9:49am On Oct 14, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
You may be one of the successful ones. In-fact, I pray you are. But you still did not meet the requirements.

1. I can't remember seeing Political Science as one of the disciplines required.

2. You are not a member of CITN, ICAN, ANAN or any other professional bodies mentioned.

So it doesn't matter whether or not you've been doing finance or tax related tasks for donkey years. You see, there's a broad gap between academic and professional qualification. Using myself as an example, I studied Accounting at the University of Benin. A good number of my course mates are chartered. An employer will certainly prefer the chartered ones to those of us who are not chartered, not because they know more than us or because they can do the job better than us, but because there are some unethical practices that we may not have a problem indulging in because we have nothing to lose, but a chartered accountant will not be fine with it. He has so much at stake. He may be penalized by ICAN. He could even lose his licence. Do you know accountants have licence too, like doctors?

Another example, I have friends who are engineers, political science graduates and agriculturists who are chartered accountants. Yes they are chartered, but there are things the non-chartered accounting graduates know that these guys don't know. I don't need to remind you that these professional courses are crash programmes. People cram to pass. So how on earth will someone who studied accounting in one and a half year under extreme circumstances be better off, theoretically and practically than someone who did it for 4 years?

If I'm given the responsibility of setting the aptitude test questions, trust me, any candidate who does not possess in-depth knowledge of accounting and taxation will not pass. Only the lucky ones among them will score 20% and I mean it.
I see my guy here... Same skul nd dept. I greet u bros. I just sent u a P.M. kindly respond.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by methyl: 10:11am On Oct 14, 2016
Pls. Share if you have past question
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by DestinyCHILD1: 10:28am On Oct 14, 2016
@Patrick, it's only God dt can get u dis job, ur course of study and experience not withstanding. Even connection has it's own limitation. For instance, I called my God father who is occupying a top position in FIRS...He told me, d recruitment is highly politicised. If he sees a way to help, he won't hesitate...but I shouldn't count on him! My eyes are fixed on God, only him can do d impossible!

5 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:39am On Oct 14, 2016
You guys misunderstand me. I'm only stating the obvious. I'm aware that getting the job does not mean that one is qualified for it. This is Nigeria where anything can happen. I applied for the job too, like yourself and everyone else on this thread, and I'm counting on God. As I'm hoping on heavenly intervention, I'm also doing my underground work. But that will not prevent me from speaking the truth. I'm not the type of person who will see white and call it black.
DestinyCHILD1:
@Patrick, it's only God dt can get u dis job, ur course of study and experience not withstanding. Even connection has it's own limitation. For instance, I called my God father who is occupying a top position in FIRS...He told me, d recruitment is highly politicised. If he sees a way to help, he won't hesitate...but I shouldn't count on him! My eyes are fixed on God, only him can do d impossible!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by teasty234: 10:39am On Oct 14, 2016
Past Questions ooo!!!

As them never send me unsuccessful email. Make I find past question dey read wink
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Neroski(f): 10:41am On Oct 14, 2016
teasty234:
Past Questions ooo!!!

As them never send me unsuccessful email. Make I find past question dey read wink
Kool down na,get the mail first,lolss!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by teasty234: 11:05am On Oct 14, 2016
Neroski:

Kool down na,get the mail first,lolss!

Which kind mail ooo. I no want unsuccessful mail abeg
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 14, 2016
teasty234:

Which kind mail ooo. I no want unsuccessful mail abeg
Mail dat u av bin Shortlisted for CBT exam

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by fweshazzimi: 2:15pm On Oct 14, 2016
again I ask.......any one with useful tips on how to get past questions? i hear say d cbt tight pass craze man dada....jokes apart.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by teasty234: 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2016
grin grin grin

JIBOSKI437:
Mail dat u av bin Shortlisted for CBT exam

Can't wait!!!.

But seriously I need past questions ooo. Do Anyone with av an idea how we can get it
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by hotkaycee(m): 3:23pm On Oct 14, 2016
Can't wait!!!.

But seriously I need past questions ooo. Do Anyone with av an idea how we can get it[/quote]
This guy b like guy wey no like exam.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 14, 2016
Why is FIRS job so enticing to people? I want to understand? I heard the salary is 150k. Are there bulk allowances paid each year? are there other perks I don't know about? Pls someone educate me.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by fweshazzimi: 8:33pm On Oct 14, 2016
shortlisting starts on monday. confirm source
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by fweshazzimi: 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2016
from the info i gathered the cbt will be based on quantitative, verbal reasoning, english and maths......also a lil knowledge on tax would be of help too.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by fweshazzimi: 8:41pm On Oct 14, 2016
shortlisting starts on monday........confirm matters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by damzy88: 8:44pm On Oct 14, 2016
fweshazzimi:
from the info i gathered the cbt will be based on
quantitative, verbal reasoning, english and
maths......also a lil knowledge on tax would be of
help too.
Will it be handled by the in-house HR or consultant?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by methyl: 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
fweshazzimi:
shortlisting starts on monday........confirm matters

Does it mean the list is coming out on monday
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Akell(m): 11:26pm On Oct 14, 2016
Emmysteve:
I applied for Tax officer II with my BA Philosophy and there's nothing like unsuccessful application on my mail.

Wow! Team philosophy... Nice meeting you bro.

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 15, 2016
methyl:

Does it mean the list is coming out on monday
Hahaaa, Habaa!!!! hw can dey start shortlistin on Monday and will b release on Monday.Shortlistin wil take days or weeks,arrangement 4d Exams/Venue will also take days or Weeks
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Abdul4trust1(m): 7:21am On Oct 15, 2016
fweshazzimi:
shortlisting starts on monday. confirm source
next Week Monday?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by BLACKPANTHER(m): 7:45am On Oct 15, 2016
JIBOSKI437:
Hahaaa, Habaa!!!! hw can dey start shortlistin on Monday and will b release on Monday.Shortlistin wil take days or weeks,arrangement 4d Exams/Venue will also take days or Weeks

Please allow development we are not in stone age anymore, there could be a new technology for that.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 15, 2016
Why is employment by FIRS so enticing? I really want to understand. I heard the monthly salary is about 150k. Are there any allowances? Are there any perks? Pls, someone in the know, educate me. I just would like to know why so many people want by all means to work for FIRS.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:36am On Oct 15, 2016
The same way people are chasing the FCSC jobs. 150k monthly may not be a lot of money to you, but to someone who graduated 4 years ago without any job or to a graduate earning 20k monthly as a private school teacher it's a lot of money. Secondly, these are government jobs we are talking about here. Except you commit a very serious offence, nobody will sack you.
bbymene:
Why is employment by FIRS so enticing? I really want to understand. I heard the monthly salary is about 150k. Are there any allowances? Are there any perks? Pls, someone in the know, educate me. I just would like to know why so many people want by all means to work for FIRS.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 15, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
The same way people are chasing the FCSC jobs. 150k monthly may not be a lot of money to you, but to someone who graduated 4 years ago without any job or to a graduate earning 20k monthly as a private school teacher it's a lot of money. Secondly, these are government jobs we are talking about here. Except you commit a very serious offence, nobody will sack you.

Oh ok. No o, 150k is decent money o. I never refuted its value in this Nigeria of ours. I just wanted to understand why compared to ministries, many people prefer FIRS.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:43am On Oct 15, 2016
Some ministries don't even pay half of that.
bbymene:

Oh ok. No o, 150k is decent money o. I never refuted its value in this Nigeria of ours. I just wanted to understand why compared to ministries, people prefer FIRS.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 15, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
Some ministries don't even pay half of that.

Oh! wow.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by omoolorire(m): 9:23am On Oct 15, 2016
Let us all pray for GRACE and MERCY of GOD so that we shall eat the good of this country especially at this point in time. So be it IJN Amen!!!!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by hopyroll(m): 11:41am On Oct 15, 2016
Hmmmm!
God am looking up to you
You are the Alpha and the Omega
You are the most high
The higher than the highest
The mightier than the mightiest
The greater than the greatest
The unchangeable changer
The untouchable God
The unseen seer
You are better than the best
Only you can break a rock with an egg just to mock hammer
Only you can make the Impossible possible
Only you can find a needle in the ocean

Oh Lord! I seek your divine intervention and mercy in this recruitment
you are the only ZeroGconnection than is stronger than 4Gconnections

The frustration is getting unbearable baba God
Pls pick my call this time

6 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by praxs(m): 11:48am On Oct 15, 2016
hopyroll:
Hmmmm!
God am looking up to you
You are the Alpha and the Omega
You are the most high
The higher than the highest
The mightier than the mightiest
The greater than the greatest
The unchangeable changer
The untouchable God
The unseen seer
You are better than the best
Only you can break a rock with an egg just to mock hammer
Only you can make the Impossible possible
Only you can find a needle in the ocean

Oh Lord! I seek your divine intervention and mercy in this recruitment
you are the only ZeroGconnection than is stronger than 4Gconnections

The frustration is getting unbearable baba God
Pls pick my call this time

angry grin ;Dcalm down bros
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by omoolorire(m): 11:58am On Oct 15, 2016
Continue to prophesize positive change into your life and it shall be so for you! Mark my word it is settled IJN. Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by hopyroll(m): 12:12pm On Oct 15, 2016
Pls is it a must to print a slip of registration ?

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by fweshazzimi: 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2016
information reaching now says that if you are 30years n above n u applied for tax officer i or ii........u might not be shortlisted.....as firs seeks ever means possible to cut down d numbers....for those who applied for managerial position.....35years is the maximum age limit.
thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (124) (Reply)

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 / Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.