Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff - Jobs/Vacancies (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff (730733 Views)

FIRS To Recruit 7,500 Graduates And 5,000 Non-Graduates / Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) Job Recruitment Of 1,250 New Staff / Lagos State To Recruit 1,000 Teachers Into Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by JojoA(f): 3:41pm On Nov 23, 2016
Emmysteve:
Lol
hey, what's funny?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by tosmos767: 6:51pm On Nov 23, 2016
Mr aisa thanks so much for the information, i really appreciate you a lot and you are one in a million. Sir, but can it still be possible for the to SHORTLIST this month or December? God bless you Sir.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Sabr: 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2016
Brother, I just got an information that actually names have been selected for those who made it to the next level(interview).

Also that they have started sending emails to candidates with a content like "sorry you didn't make it to the next stage", that's how dey do it.

Help with more info on this.

Thanks

aisa6773:
I kept quiet for a while in this forum because of some peoples' behaviour towards me, I am here only to give information to those that will believe me.

The truth is that candidates that are qualified for the interview had been selected and invitations will be send in due course.

The reason for the delay is due to ongoing promotion exercise in the agency. May God help us all.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by SenatorJChris: 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2016
Sabr:
Brother, I just got an information that actually names have been selected for those who made it to the next level(interview).

Also that they have started sending emails to candidates with a content like "sorry you didn't make it to the next stage", that's how dey do it.

Thanks

Please what's the source of this information
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Sabr: 11:08pm On Nov 24, 2016
From an insider but am also waiting for others with details to confirm this.

SenatorJChris:

Please what's the source of this information

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by SenatorJChris: 11:23am On Nov 25, 2016
Sabr:
From an insider but am also waiting for others with details to confirm this.

I don't think any of such mails has been sent out, otherwise this thread would be flooded.
If that is true, we will definitely confirm it in due time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nafizzey(m): 8:02pm On Nov 25, 2016
Sabr:

Thanks

From my own end from person that works there (senior staff) this is the info I heard... FIRS are confused at the moment, they received thousands of applications from applicants (1st Class, 2.1, etc) and they got few slot. so they are pondering about decision to take... I just pray I am among the few to make it eventually.

#Amin

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:31pm On Nov 25, 2016
Nafizzey:
From my own end from person that works there (senior staff) this is the info I heard... FIRS are confused at the moment, they received thousands of applications from applicants (1st Class, 2.1, etc) and they got few slot. so they are pondering about decision to take... I just pray I am among the few to make it eventually.

#Amin
That they are confused is an excuse for manipulation. What is the essence of aptitude tests?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nafizzey(m): 8:56pm On Nov 25, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
That they are confused is an excuse for manipulation. What is the essence of aptitude tests?
My brother tell them o,that it is as it is
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by aisa6773(m): 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2016
"The interview is scheduled for next year, the agency is less concern about the recruitment. Most of us here dont know the consultant handling the next phase of the recruitment exercise. The previous list i showed you has also been amended recently but your name is still among the successful ones."

These are the words of a Director at the Agency's headquaters.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Makudus(m): 11:59pm On Nov 25, 2016
aisa6773:
"The interview is scheduled for next year, the agency is less concern about the recruitment. Most of us here dont know the consultant handling the next phase of the recruitment exercise. The previous list i showed you has also been amended recently but your name is still among them"

These are the words of a Director at the Agency's headquaters.
What kind of delay is this,an interview scheduled till next year,let's pray they reschedule it 2 dec dis year
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 10:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
Bulk of the interview will be in January but the preceding activities will be in the month of December. Some will most surely resume in January. As for whether it will be interview straight or there will be aptitude test, it depends on the category in which you fall into. The 500 people that will enter through merit list may likely write exam but it has not been decided yet. For the usual politician list, it is offer letter straight; no interview or at worst stage managed one. The process will continue after private meeting between Fowler and Saraki next week Thursday.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by SenatorJChris: 3:15am On Nov 28, 2016
Yaasir:
Bulk of the interview will be in January but the preceding activities will be in the month of December. Some will most surely resume in January. As for whether it will be interview straight or there will be aptitude test, it depends on the category in which you fall into. The 500 people that will enter through merit list may likely write exam but it has not been decided yet. For the usual politician list, it is offer letter straight; no interview or at worst stage managed one. The process will continue after private meeting between Fowler and Saraki next week Thursday.
many thanks for this piece of information. we hope it ends well
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by cellin: 1:59am On Dec 01, 2016
Senate probes FIRS, NPA, others for alleged fraud

The Senate yesterday  resolved to probe alleged misuse, under remittance and other fraudulent practices in the collection and accounting of internally generated revenue (IGR) by revenue generating agencies.

The probe, the Senate agreed, will cover all revenue generating agencies including the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA), Nigerian Customs Service and others. It will cover between 2012 and this year.

The resolution followed the adoption of a motion which prayed the upper chamber to “constitute a high powered ad-hoc committee to investigate the alleged misuse, under remittance/non remittance and other fraudulent practices in the collection, accounting, remittance and expenditure of internally generated revenue by all revenue generating agencies of government from 2012 to 2016.”

A six-member panel of investigators to be headed by Senator Solomon Adeola, (Lagos West) was mandated to submit its report to Senate in plenary in six weeks.

Senator Adeola who sponsored the motion in his lead debate noted that Section 80,subsection 1-4 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) of the Federal Republic of Nigeria clearly stipulated that all revenue, moneys raised or received shall be paid as consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federation.

He further noted that the Fiscal Responsibility Act 2007 was enacted to ensure transparency, accountability and prevent corrupt practices in relation to public revenues and expenditure.

The lawmaker said  he was aware that Section 21 -23 of the Fiscal Responsibility Act 2007 clearly limited  corporations, agencies and government-owned companies listed in the Schedule to the Act to the expenditure of only a fifth of its operating surplus with the balance paid to the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federal Government.

He expressed concern that the Acting Chairman of Fiscal Responsibility Commission, Mr. Victor Muruako on November 8 this year “raised the alarm over leakages in revenue and remittances which he said has assumed alarming proportion in the last five years with some Ministries, Departments, and Agencies (MDAs) producing two different statement of accounts in an attempt to manipulate their operating surpluses and losses.”

Adeola said he was also aware that at “the last National Economic Council meeting, the Federal Government specifically accused  revenue generating agencies of raising over N1.5 trillion and expending over 90 per cent on recurrent expenditure mostly in paying bloated salaries and controversial allowances above Revenue Mobilisation and Fiscal Allocation Committee, monetisation of medical allowances, unapproved overseas travels, lavish training allowances and excessive personal loan approval all amounting to financial misconducts.

He expressed worry that “these corporations, agencies and government-owned companies have over the years grossly violated the letters of the 1999 Constitution and the Fiscal Responsibility Act in relation to their revenue generation activities and expenditure.”

Adeola said various audit queries against the agencies over the years further indicated possible mismanagement of public funds against the spirit of the constitution and Fiscal Responsibility Act.

According to him, it is a matter of concern that in view of Federal Government dwindling revenue from the traditional crude oil sector and the on- going recession, “these government bodies continue to short change government of needed revenue through various illegal practices.”

1 Like

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yanmaza: 2:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
We are hoping 2 b call 4 interview and aptitude test this December.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by omoolorire(m): 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hope will surely come thru
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by tosmos767: 9:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mr Yaasir, how are you doing SIr? Thanks for the info. We really appreciate you a lot . What's going on for now concerning the recruitment Sir?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by tosmos767: 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
House what's going on about FIRS RECRUITMENT. ANY LATEST UPDATE PLSS?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Pauloski87: 12:53pm On Dec 02, 2016
tosmos767:
House what's going on about FIRS RECRUITMENT. ANY LATEST UPDATE PLSS?

Notin for now
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2016
tosmos767:
Mr Yaasir, how are you doing SIr? Thanks for the info. We really appreciate you a lot . What's going on for now concerning the recruitment Sir?
I will give update as soon as i get it tomorrow. The contact gives us information mostly on Saturday due to his work schedule except if there is anything urgent. I will surely get across tomorrow.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by zicoraads: 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hope cheesy I wish everyone who is hoping for a job in FIRS the very best grin
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by oyeludef(m): 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
Yaasir:

I will give update as soon as i get it tomorrow. The contact gives us information mostly on Saturday due to his work schedule except if there is anything urgent. I will surely get across tomorrow.
yes sir. Would really appreciate any latest information concerning this recruitment
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by tosmos767: 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
Mr yaasir, thanks so much Sir. You are one I'm a million. God bless you. I will be expecting your response Sir
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by tosmos767: 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
tosmos767:
Mr yaasir, thanks so much Sir. You are one I'm a million. God bless you. I will be expecting your response Sir
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by tosmos767: 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2016
Mr yaasir, good evening Sir and how was your day Sir? We're you able to get any information Sir concerning the FIRS RECRUITMENT .God bless you Sir

2 Likes

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2016
hello my good people.
sorry for getting back late;i was trying to sort some things out.
Hmm!!!! the news is not good at all. The recruitment has finally been hijacked by the National Assembly. Part of the truce to approving firs budget is to accommodate the "submitted list" on the final list. Each principal officer is given 3 slots each while other members got 1 each. There is nothing "general" about recruitment. The man even lamented that something of such could happen under buhari (though his own list is not affected in any way). They will use the budget issue as cover to perpetrate the evil plan. Everybody that may likely raise highbrow has been allocated slot. It will go on as planned but not general again but for selected few. If you know any national assembly member please this is the time to disturb them. Do not be deceived that there will still be merit. It is really sad.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by obinna002: 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
Nawaooooooo!!!
Yaasir:
hello my good people.
sorry for getting back late;i was trying to sort some things out.
Hmm!!!! the news is not good at all. The recruitment has finally been hijacked by the National Assembly. Part of the truce to approving firs budget is to accommodate the "submitted list" on the final list. Each principal officer is given 3 slots each while other members got 1 each. There is nothing "general" about recruitment. The man even lamented that something of such could happen under buhari (though his own list is not affected in any way). They will use the budget issue as cover to perpetrate the evil plan. Everybody that may likely raise highbrow has been allocated slot. It will go on as planned but not general again but for selected few. If you know any national assembly member please this is the time to disturb them. Do not be deceived that there will still be merit. It is really sad.
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by oyeludef(m): 7:35pm On Dec 03, 2016
Dis ppl sef, sebi dey av illegally recruited 700 ppl already so why not take away their eyes from the 500 left? Or was Nigeria only created for them ni

Pls mr yaasir i really appreciate ur information. Please do u know when and how the next stage will be like? Or is everything still gonna be underground?
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Yaasir(m): 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
FIRS budget will be officially approved next week barring any last minute change. The recruitment will continue this month for sure.They will invite people but not just any random or qualified people, they are the anointed candidates submitted by the "stakeholders". It is rather sad and unfortunate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2016
May God help this nation!!!
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by bmania: 9:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
Dre is God oooooo
Re: FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff by tosmos767: 9:50pm On Dec 03, 2016
Mr yaasir, thanks so so so much for the information. We are highly grateful. We love you so much and you've really really tried for us all. May God Almighty in his infinite mercies continue to uplift you. But Sir, will obas like oba of Lagos etc slots make the list?

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (124) (Reply)

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 / Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.