Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics (50122 Views)

Five Reasons Why You Shouldn't Attend A Public University / Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? / 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by luluosas(m): 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2016
Wow! I never knew my state has a second state-owned university. But the fees is too high na.
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by TheVictorious(m): 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
A lot of the schools Nigerians run to in Ghana are three storey or even two storey buildings
Richiy:
And they can't even spell schedule right undecided
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by besttrader: 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2016
The right thing for any governor to have done is to build these facilities in an already existing State University i.e. AAU. Questions should be asked why he didn't invest those infrastructures in an already established institution that is yearning for improved learning conditions. I guess some folks have the right to speculate that he's planning on repossessing the University once he leaves office.
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by spafu(m): 4:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
tellwisdom:
Peanut sad.... But shey edo people dey go school??... I think sey Na land dem dey sell take enter Italy sad
When animals like this one insult me and my people, nobody bans them. But when I call them by their names I get banned for days. Guy, you are an animal. I am waiting for my ban again.
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by vislabraye(m): 4:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
comos:

That school will be merge with Ambrose Alli university when PDP wins election later this year.

I dey tell you... . Adams O is a thief...
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Iamthoney:
Make we bet?
Hmmmmm
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by dominic26(m): 4:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
tellwisdom:
Peanut sad.... But shey edo people dey go school??... I think sey Na land dem dey sell take enter Italy sad
[color=#006600][/color] it should have been better if u skipped this post
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by XaintJoel20: 4:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
tellwisdom:
show me the chart of the most educated states in Nigeria, if Edo is not among the top 5 I will "dash" you something...
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by Dinocarex(m): 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
ApexTitan:
Expensive university yet they can't put together an error-free document. How hard can it be to proof read or use F7 in MS Word?

What app did you use to draw the red lines?
Need to proof read a document and send it back highlighting the errors like you did.

Thank you sir.
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by JuanDeDios: 4:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
Hmm..

Am sure some people will say that Osho baba is a greedy governor....but the fact is it costs a lot of money to set up and adequately fund universities.

If you want someone to blame....in 2009...ASUU tried and got government's promise for extra funding for the universities. By 2013...that promise had not been kept....and all government could do was give unis N200bn to share. (Down from N3 trillion).

(Now if you expect me to blame GEJ....sorry. GEJ has nothing to do with this).

Here is the fact. Annual costs for many of the foreign universities Nigerians love to go to costs $100-200bn. (UCLA, USA spent 250bn in 2014).Nigerian Universities get on by with just N20bn naira....or less every year. That is why most of them look wretched, and are poorly equiped....because they do not have the funds to be properly maintained.

And as I said here earlier...we need N3 trillion every year to properly fund all our universities (based on the 2009 ASUU agreement). THis year's budget costs N8trillion., last year 5 trillion. Do you guys honestly expect Govt to just give universities N3 trillion out of N8trillion this year to universities? Just like that? Nothing for primary, secondary or any other form of education?

Sorry...but Osho Baba is not greedy. He is realistic. And any governor who increases fees is also being realistic. Yes....that means that some of us won't be able to go to school (which is where scholarships/grants come in)....but the fact is...if you want good universities....you have to pay for them. No two ways about it.
Then he should have started by employing competent people. Read that thing up there again. If you go to this school you pay high and get the same deeducation obtainable at our other public schools. Oshiomhole is greedy.
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by OBTMOS(m): 5:04pm On Apr 15, 2016
Crystal70200:
The Edo University, Iyamo, established by Governor Adams Oshiomhole is the most expensive public university in Nigeria.

The school began its first academic session on April 11, 2016. Students who wrote the last Post UTME of the school and were offered admission were astounded when the school fees were released. To study Accounting and Computer Science in Edo University, a student has to cough out N710,000. This does not include acceptance fee of N50,000, feeding and buying of books. Other courses in the new institution cost N660,000 minus acceptance fees, feeding and books.

Source: https://www.naij.com/799767-oshiomholes-university-declared-expensive-nigeria-see-photo-evidences.html
the school can't even spell schedule and school correctly!
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by ApexTitan(m): 5:07pm On Apr 15, 2016
Dinocarex:

What app did you use to draw the red lines?
Need to proof read a document and send it back highlighting the errors like you did.

Thank you sir.

I used the snipping tool on Windows 10 for that. MS Word (2013) has even more features for reviewing documents and I think it is well suited for what you want to do. You can insert comments, compare and combine documents and do many other things by using the features built in the Review tab.
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by Dinocarex(m): 5:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
ApexTitan:

I used the snipping tool on Windows 10 for that. MS Word (2013) has even more features for reviewing documents; you can insert comments, compare and combine documents and do many other things by using the features built in the Review tab.
Thanks very much
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by osicom: 5:11pm On Apr 15, 2016
XaintJoel20:

show me the chart of the most educated states in Nigeria, if Edo is not among the top 5 I will "dash" you something...

You must not insult a tribe or state to make your point known.The fact that we do not see face-to-face does not give the license to run down a whole state. Are you inferring that the whole state is full of uneducated people and that all they do is sell land and travel overseas? This is laughable.
The issue we should be discussing is the high price of tuition and other fees in the said institution.Instead of you to contribute objectively, you prefer to attack the good people of the state. Be frank with yourself,is there any state in the federation where its people can afford such amount -close to N700,000? So if the people of Edo complain of such exorbitant fees, it does not warrant such insult.
This kind of mind set where you run one tribe in order to elevate yours is toxic and and does not show a de-tribalised mind which we all strive for to remedy Nigerian's numerous problems. Of course it is a social forum,everybody is free to type anything but what we type could reflect who we really are behind the screen. I guess as a young man,you should be able to tolerate other tribes,people and culture.You are from a different tribes does not make you superior in intelligence.
Cheers.
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by yinkslinks(m): 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
osagie na lie?
osesology:

As cool as the atmosphere is today, you are still talking rubbish.
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by Ada9103(f): 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2016
spadar4u:
u too dey book space?na wah oo.baby oku

Lolzzzzzzzzzzz.....
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by KevMitnick: 5:27pm On Apr 15, 2016
tellwisdom:
Bloody f00l. Just thank God it's Friday.
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by Obamina(m): 5:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
Who let this Dog out?
tellwisdom:
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by wunmi2odun(m): 5:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
tellwisdom:
And then you want to start crying? grin grin grin
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by WATCHOVER(m): 5:53pm On Apr 15, 2016
It's so painful. That Oshiomohole could insult the children of the common man with this kind of fees.
My younger brother passed the school's Post-Utme 67 but could not complete the process because the fees was too expensive.
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by diva90: 5:53pm On Apr 15, 2016
The school looks nice! You can tell that it is a public university with a difference. Like Pple say, you pay for what u get...
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by petrelli07: 6:07pm On Apr 15, 2016
People will just come here and spew thrash. We want Harvard grade education but we don't want to pay for it. If you can't afford it, pls choose one of the substandard schools and don't make noise. In the 21st century the government's responsibility ends with secondary education... Even abroad, universities just recieve grants from the government for research. MIT projects are funded mostly by private sector grants. Individuals grant students scholarships... But Nigerians want the government to wipe their butts for them... SMH...
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by Abdul4trust1(m): 6:38pm On Apr 15, 2016
Crystal70200:
The Edo University, Iyamo, established by Governor Adams Oshiomhole is the most expensive public university in Nigeria.

The school began its first academic session on April 11, 2016. Students who wrote the last Post UTME of the school and were offered admission were astounded when the school fees were released. To study Accounting and Computer Science in Edo University, a student has to cough out N710,000. This does not include acceptance fee of N50,000, feeding and buying of books. Other courses in the new institution cost N660,000 minus acceptance fees, feeding and books.

Source: https://www.naij.com/799767-oshiomholes-university-declared-expensive-nigeria-see-photo-evidences.html
op, The School Is Public Private Partnership. The Stake Of Government In The School Is 40% While That Of Private Is 60%. Hence, The School Is More Of Private School And The Children Of The Poor Can't Afford It.
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by tellwisdom: 6:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
See Benin people throwing stones at me like i Was wrong.

Una no dey work, Na land una dey sell for Benin take enter Italy .
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by nelronaldo(m): 7:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
asuustrike2009:

In your dreams. Pdp can't win Edo
Ogbeni Just wait and see... If you like allow Oshiomhole use you as his tout. PDP will win Edo!
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by Arabs999: 7:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
osesology:
As cool as the atmosphere is today, you are still talking rubbish.
...OP, u are correct. The OP above u smoked Morocco weeds in Nigeria.. ....
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 15, 2016
nelronaldo:

Ogbeni Just wait and see... If you like allow Oshiomhole use you as his tout. PDP will win Edo!
Anybody against pdp is apc right? Oshiomole or apc government was better than pdp of previous administration.
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by evansjeff(m): 7:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
Nice one, God bless OSHIO Baba
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by osesology(m): 7:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
Arabs999:
...OP, u are correct. The OP above u smoked Morocco weeds in Nigeria.. ....
Lol!
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by buzzybrain88(m): 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
tellwisdom:
d most myopic being on planet earth.
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by Denningtedy(m): 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
[quote author=tellwisdom post=44724789]Peanut sad.... But shey edo people dey go school??... I think sey Na land dem dey sell take enter Italy sad[u nor be telliwise u be tellifool u dey reason upside down]
Re: Edo University, Iyamo, Most Expensive Public University In Nigeria (Pics by oliviacute(f): 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
tellwisdom:
MUMU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IMSU Graduate Drowns In Soakaway Pit While Fleeing From Students Pouring Water / Chimezie Ebiriekwe Wins San Diego State University Students' Election (Photos) / Why Do Engineering Students Brag To Know Maths More Dan Mathematics Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.