Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

On Pdp's New Zoning Formula - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Pdp's New Zoning Formula (1240 Views)

PDP New Year Message To Nigerians / PDP CONVENTION: Zoning Formula Released / PDP's New Slogan, Change The Change: Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by emmasege: 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
Why is PDP being unfair to the entire southern region by treating the region as 3 zones but the north as one, in their new sharing formula? I think the PDP need to come out clearer and be specific about the North as they are about the south. The north comprises of 3 zones, just as the south. They can't treat the south as 3 zones and the north as one. If the permutation is to garner large number of votes from the north, let them be specific as to which sections of the north produce the President and the SP.
If the south-west and s-south are zoned out of presidency, so should the north west (which has produced Yaradua, NPN's Shagari and APC's Buhari) in the spirit of equity. It's fair that either the north-central or north-east (NOT CURRENT NATIONAL CHAIRMAN PLEASE) produces the next president while the zone that loses out in the primaries takes the senate president's slot.

ijustwanttomakesense

1 Like

Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by modath(f): 12:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
emmasege:
Why is PDP being unfair to the entire southern region by treating the region as 3 zones but the north as one, in their new sharing formula? I think the PDP need to come out clearer and be specific about the North as they are about the south. The north comprises of 3 zones, just as the south. They can't treat the south as 3 zones and the north as one. If the permutation is to garner large number of votes from the north, let them be specific as to which section of the north produces the President and VP.
If the south-west and s-south are zoned out of presidency, so should the north west (which has produced Yaradua, NPN's Shagari and APC's Buhari) in the spirit of equity. It's fair that either the north-central or north-east (NOT CURRENT NATIONAL CHAIRMAN PLEASE) produces the next president while the zone that loses out in the primaries takes the senate president's slot.

ijustwanttomakesense

[b]PDP is doing their usual mago mago, they just want to woo back the north by subterfuge, they have no blueprint!!!

NW has the highest no of Reg Voters, you actually think PDP will pull the plug on its comatose state by zoning them out "NOW?" , dem nor fit & i still don't see who they will be able to hedge their bet on anyone but kwankwanso.... Unfortunately, his recent face off with Ganduje has seriously depleted his political stock.

Ganduje's narrative to Kano folks that Kwankwanso is trying to undermine Bubu got so much negative backlash, that even his kwankwansiyya movt got a severe knock out blow...

El-Rufai? No need even nentioning

Sule Lamido, & co will be busy with the courts for the forseable future..

NE is being gradually rehabbed by & the trioka of featherweights politicians (Ribadu. Atiku Dankwambo) from that side do not command enough grassrOot support so as to make a bold stand on.

NC?? , No brainer, it's full of a million minority tribes, it's the twin of SS, unless by happenstance, PDP ain't ceding nothing that way!![/b]

2 Likes

Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by richidinho(m): 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
emmasege:
Why is PDP being unfair to the entire southern region by treating the region as 3 zones but the north as one, in their new sharing formula? I think the PDP need to come out clearer and be specific about the North as they are about the south. The north comprises of 3 zones, just as the south. They can't treat the south as 3 zones and the north as one. If the permutation is to garner large number of votes from the north, let them be specific as to which section of the north produces the President and VP.

ijustwanttomakesense

And your sense is a Common Sense grin

2 Likes

Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by EasternActivist: 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2016
There is nothing to bother yourself about in this PDP zoning.

Firstly, southern Nigeria is already divided having 2 major ethnic groups with different culture, religion and identity.

The north has only one major ethnic group thus have a unique culture, religion and identity with one goal which is born to rule.

So it will be feasible but may not be optimum zoning it that way which through political divides across different political parties is a norm.

North is regarded as one because they have one major ethnicity and one major language, so let's leave it to them that way.

While we manage our differences in our major languages which is Yoruba and Igbo in the south.

Meanwhile Nigeria is long ago divided no be today.
There is nothing wrong regarding the northern states as one north because they speak under one political voice no matter what. So there is absolutely nothing wrong done by the PDP.

Easterners have no problem with PDP zoning as it was fairly shared.
Everybody has known the importance of the north via politics during the previous election.
South has no unity is always between southwest and SS/SE

1 Like

Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:19pm On Apr 15, 2016
Zoning in the 21st century?! You guys are nuts.
Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by Pidggin(f): 3:21pm On Apr 15, 2016
It is a strategy by the party to woe enough votes to secure the presidential sit. Nigerians are tribalists, if PDP zones the presidency to the North, Yorubas will vote for such a candidate and this will give APC the challenge it needs. Nice move by the party

1 Like

Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by emmasege: 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2016
EasternActivist:
There is nothing to bother yourself about in this PDP zoning.

Firstly, southern Nigeria is already divided having 2 major ethnic groups with different culture, religion and identity.

The north has only one major ethnic group thus have a unique culture, religion and identity with one goal which is born to rule.

The north as one entity has no unique religion. It's one of the lies they told us for years and one of the reasons why they will not want that established once and for all, by the population census. Christianity is well represented in both the n/east and n/central, and fairly represented even in the n/western states. Are you aware there are local governments in Kano State that are predominantly Christian. There's no single state of the north where you don't find Christian indigenes, and they contribute significant proportions in so many states.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by sammyj: 7:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
Rubbish what does a weep does to a dead horse. PDP is already dead and buried and what impact will this have on a dead corrupt party! !! grin shocked grin
Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by EasternActivist: 7:46pm On Apr 15, 2016
emmasege:
The north as one entity has no unique religion. It's one of the lies they told us for years and one of the reasons why they will not want that established once and for all, by the population census. Christianity is well represented in both the n/east and n/central, and fairly represented even in the n/western states. Are you aware there are local governments in Kano State that are predominantly Christian. There's no single state of the north where you don't find Christian indigenes, and they contribute significant proportions in so many states.

Oga they are predominantly Muslims you can't take it away from them. Likewise SS/SE are predominantly Christians too.
Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by modath(f): 7:57pm On Apr 15, 2016
EasternActivist:

Oga they are predominantly Muslims you can't take it away from them. Likewise SS/SE are predominantly Christians too.

Minus NW that is predominantly muslims, NC & NE are mostly christians!

You may find that hard to believe but take a tour of Nassarawa, Adamawa, Gombe, Benue, Bauchi, Taraba & Benue, Plateau for the detailed analysis & you'll be amazed!

Kogi,Niger,Bornu, Kwara & Yobe are where the muslims are 60-40!

I see some positing Dankwambo, Muazu & Atiku & one can't help but laugh!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by raumdeuter: 8:03pm On Apr 15, 2016
modath:

You may find that hard to believe but take a tour of Nassarawa, Adamawa, Gombe, Benue,Bauchi,N

I wont say mostly especially North East

Bauchi is 80% Moslem, Yobe is 80% Moslem, Gombe is 60% Moslem, Borno is 60% Moslem, Adamawa is 60% moslem and Taraba is like 40% Moslem

Of the 6 states Only Taraba has a slight Xtian majority

In the NC however Plateau, Benue and like 75% Xtian, Niger and Kwara like 70 and 60% moslems, Kogi and Nasarawa I can say almost 50-50 with Moslems edging those states
Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by ochejoseph(m): 8:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
Pls ignore that zoning list it is the work of speculators

When Gov Udom and his team in the zoning committee are done you will get the full details
Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by modath(f): 8:25pm On Apr 15, 2016
raumdeuter:

I wont say mostly especially North East

Bauchi is 80% Moslem, Yobe is 80% Moslem, Gombe is 60% Moslem, Borno is 60% Moslem, Adamawa is 60% moslem and Taraba is like 40% Moslem

Of the 6 states Only Taraba has a slight Xtian majority

In the NC however Plateau, Benue and like 75% Xtian, Niger and Kwara like 70 and 60% moslems, Kogi and Nasarawa I can say almost 50-50 with Moslems edging those states

I stand corrected on some SE states but Bauchi can't be more than 65-35, are you sure Taraba isn't more like 70-30? Nassarawa too should be 70-30 ..

Kogi is more than 50 for muslims, Igalas & Ebira have large muslim populations, the okun people not so much....

However, one is looking forward to the unveiling of the PDP's great hope & bright shining light... alao the definition of "north". smiley
Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by odikimi: 8:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
modath:

PDP is just doing their usual mago mago, they just want to woo back the north by subterfuge, they have no blueprint!!!

NW has the highest no of Reg Voters, you actually think PDP will pull the plug on its comatose state by zoning them out NOW?

NE is being gradually rehabbed by & the trioka featherweights politicians from that side do not command enough grassrOot support so as to make a bold stand on

NC?? , No brainer, it's full of a million minority tribes, it's the twin of SS, unless by happenstance, PDP ain't ceding nothing that way!!

Pls correct yo self on the population of south south.
From 1999 to date the South South has always garner more votes than the South East and West.

1 Like

Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by odikimi: 8:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
Hassan Dankwambo for President come 2019
Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by modath(f): 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2016
odikimi:

Pls correct yo self on the population of south south.
From 1999 to date the South South has always garner more votes than the South East and West.

Show me where i mentioned population? If you don't understand, seek clarification instead of spinning a different meaning!!

SS votes has never reflected the common national voting pattern, it is a whole different terrain.. lipsrsealed
Re: On Pdp's New Zoning Formula by emmasege: 1:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
modath:

You may find that hard to believe but take a tour of Nassarawa, Adamawa, Gombe, Benue, Bauchi, Taraba & Benue, Plateau for the detailed analysis & you'll be amazed!

Kogi,Niger,Bornu, Kwara & Yobe are where the muslims are 60-40!

I see some positing Dankwambo, Muazu & Atiku & one can't help but laugh!! cheesy cheesy

Please help me tell the one whose world view revolves around his geo-political zone alone. How do you know someone who hardly travels? It's by his/her comments on areas he/she has never been to. I can't agree with you less that n/east and n/central are mostly Christian but they've been made to submit (involuntarily) to Islamic supremacy.
I've seen Christian indigenes from Kano, Kebbi, Katsina, Adamawa, bauchi and Gombe states and I was amazed when some of them told me that there are lots of christian indigenes from their states.

(1) (Reply)

How Sheriff Fooled Four Greedy PDP Governors / 1, 000 Snipers: Al-mustapha Dares Obasanjo To Substantiate Allegations / What Mean Lalasticlala??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.