Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,693 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (911230 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 23, 2016
TheDreamChaser:
I have been selected for Msc admission at TUM for summer. Next hustle is visa. Let me digest the procedure
all the way from Canada thread...since Canadians dey do shakara to give msc admission..my intended course opens on January 1st for application @TUM..i will be giving it my best for the interview,which program dis you apply at TUM?

Congrats for stage 1...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by TheDreamChaser: 12:22pm On Nov 23, 2016
michV:
all the way from Canada thread...since Canadians dey do shakara to give msc admission..my intended course opens on January 1st for application @TUM..i will be giving it my best for the interview,which program dis you apply at TUM?

Congrats for stage 1...

Yes o my Canadian brother cheesy . Got in for Msc Mathematical Finance and Actuarial science
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by telvinfantasy: 12:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hello my fellow brothers from another mother. A question has been bothering me which i need to ask. My question is 'can i join my uncle who is married and has a kid in germany with a re-union visa?. I will be glad if i can get an answer from u guys.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by riosworos(m): 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
Looking to apply for Mcs in engineering.. Can anyone please help me out with schools I can apply to that doesn't use uni-assist.. Would be very grateful
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hybeenoni: 3:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
@ The Dream chaser, Msc Mathematical finance & Actuarial science is my intended course too. May I know the name of the school that offered you admission?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by TheDreamChaser: 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2016
hybeenoni:
@ The Dream chaser, Msc Mathematical finance & Actuarial science is my intended course too. May I know the name of the school that offered you admission?

Technical University of Munich
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by diggy4real: 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2016
TheDreamChaser:

Technical University of Munich

Pls is your Nigerian CGPA up to 3.0?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by doubletroublmum(f): 5:07pm On Nov 23, 2016
telvinfantasy:
Hello my fellow brothers from another mother. A question has been bothering me which i need to ask. My question is 'can i join my uncle who is married and has a kid in germany with a re-union visa?. I will be glad if i can get an answer from u guys.

Hi

Reunion visa is limited to married couples and children, as long as the children are under 16 yrs. I guess you are older than that. Even if your uncle adopts you, you will not get permanent residence, if you are over 18.

Maybe your uncle can sponsor your stay in Germany??

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by diggy4real: 5:19pm On Nov 23, 2016
rudyislife:
If you really wanted to apply you would have done that,wld have to check.

I will still apply but for winter batch....pls kindly give me other universities that could consider me too. Am waiting thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by telvinfantasy: 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
doubletroublmum:

Hi

Reunion visa is limited to married couples and children, as long as the children are under 16 yrs. I guess you are older than that. Even if your uncle adopts you, you will not get permanent residence, if you are over 18.

Maybe your uncle can sponsor your stay in Germany??
Thank you very much for your reply am grateful.
Am older than 18 and he is willing to sponsor me.
I would have applied for a student visa but i only have an ND cert and again the Rhein waal University application is closed which is only during winter semester.
So am confused on how to go about it
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2016
Godson201333:
My Advice to people who wanna go through Studienkolleg...

It is not easy,Sometimes it has been rated as more difficult than university degree.. why? Because you go to school from Monday to Friday and the language of instruction is 100 percent German Language,Also you got so much work load.

Entrance Exam....Students do not get admitted easily because sometimes Schools receive over thousand application and they need to admit just 150 students..Probably the best one...Your entrance exam include German language and Mathematics....German level should be close to B2 and C1,Mathematics in Nigeria is far way too high in comparison to Nigeria maths

After passing entrance exam,you have 2 semesters to spend there whereby you will be given Matric Number so that you can enjoy normal student benefits...

what happened if you start failing exams after admission? if you fail one Paper,you will have to repeat the semester,if you fail two subjects,you will have to leave the school which sometimes might lead to stress with foreign office unless you find another way.

Can you work and attend studienkolleg? Honestly its hard because some cities might not issue you a working permit immediately,However,You barely have the time to work while attending studienkolleg. unless you coming for master degree.

General Advice....As a new comer try to at least have some financial means to take care of your new Life in Germany.....Nobody will give you anything for free.Try to at learn basic German Language,Even though your study course is in English language .Learning German Language in Germany is expensive and you might not have the time to attend classes...if not,you might find it hard networking.

Come with Nigeria Local and iNTERNATIONAL drivers license.

I wish you all Goodluck!!!!

ej eh
y male the studienkolleg issue seem so cumbersome?
kolleg is the best option for any1 who intends to do bsc and graduate successfully.
statistic has it that 90% of kolleg graduate easily complete their bsc program without much stress
and mind you,college graduTes do better than their coumterparts.
of may be hard to get onto studienkolleg but this is just bcox of our Nigerian mentality.
of you do your homework very well,you will pass through kolleg successfully

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hybeenoni: 7:52pm On Nov 23, 2016
@ The Dream chaser, I plan to apply against the winter semester, could you please give me a hint of what their assessment process is like?

Also what are their entry requirement?

Would appreciate your kind response.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chiznonso: 8:07pm On Nov 23, 2016
[quote author=TheDreamChaser post=51292979]I have been selected for Msc admission at TUM for summer. Next hustle is visa. Let me digest the procedure[/quoute]

How much is block acct in euros now?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rudyislife: 9:03pm On Nov 23, 2016
diggy4real:

I will still apply but for winter batch....pls kindly give me other universities that could consider me too. Am waiting thanks.
ok
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by haywire1: 11:29pm On Nov 23, 2016
Is there anybody who studied food science nd technology in Nigeria nd hoping to further in masters programme?

#
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chisodan: 7:12am On Nov 24, 2016
Pls admin advice me on the type of visa to apply for. I have an uncle for Germany and a sponsor here in Nigeria, and am more than 18. I also have a b.eng in petroleum engineering here in Nigeria. But am looking for d type of German visa to apply for, as am hoping to settle in Germany pls advice me
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chisodan: 7:14am On Nov 24, 2016
And on how to get an invitation letter
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by TheDreamChaser: 9:20am On Nov 24, 2016
diggy4real:

Pls is your Nigerian CGPA up to 3.0?

Yes
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by TheDreamChaser: 9:24am On Nov 24, 2016
hybeenoni:
@ The Dream chaser, I plan to apply against the winter semester, could you please give me a hint of what their assessment process is like?

Also what are their entry requirement?

Would appreciate your kind response.

Different departments with their different assessment process and requirements. Please visit your intended program site to check this out.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by diggy4real: 10:03am On Nov 24, 2016
sad
TheDreamChaser:

Yes

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by rudyislife: 2:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
em3r4ld:

That's one honest dude, from my own assessment. To make a pecuniary decision still lies on ur desk buddie.
Made my uniassist payments through Honourable seyi,never met him in person but he delivered right ontime and at a fair rate.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ziggy3579: 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2016
Your best bet in to go for masters since u have a bsc already. Check this website out for courses and universities of your choice www.daad.de quote author=Chisodan post=51320016]Pls admin advice me on the type of visa to apply for. I have an uncle for Germany and a sponsor here in Nigeria, and am more than 18. I also have a b.eng in petroleum engineering here in Nigeria. But am looking for d type of German visa to apply for, as am hoping to settle in Germany pls advice me[/quote]
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bochu03: 7:11pm On Nov 24, 2016
Have b2 already in Lagos Buh will be doing it again in Deutschland..Going through Studienkolleg next Semester
dprinz99:

ej eh
kolleg is the best option for any1 who intends to do bsc and graduate successfully.
statistic has it that 90% of kolleg graduate easily complete their bsc program without much stress
of may be hard to get onto studienkolleg but this is just bcox of our Nigerian mentality.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bee15(f): 7:54pm On Nov 24, 2016
michV:
mine still shows "application received by the University and it's in process..meanwhile i applied one-week to deadline which was October 15th.

Am in uni Bremen winter semester, my admission status didn't change throughout til date. Al I did was constant mail and calls with my department coordinator and she gave me d feedback of my admission status.
So try and communicate with them often. Dey wld tell u wen admission wld be concluded.

All d best

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jyemsta(m): 10:52pm On Nov 24, 2016
Totally confused and worried now, i got admission for master in electrical power engineering at university of rostock and at same time to masters in engineering technology at tennessee usa. The usa school gave me scholarship worth $11,400 and i am to balance $12,000 for my first year tuition which is payable in $4000 installmental.
Pls i am not an "OBO", but wanna go for this course my parents last kobo, which is advisable ......Germany or USA....i am considering factors such as staying back after program, getting student job to sustain myself during study...et al

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 24, 2016
jyemsta:
Totally confused and worried now, i got admission for master in electrical power engineering at university of rostock and at same time to masters in engineering technology at tennessee usa. The usa school gave me scholarship worth $11,400 and i am to balance $12,000 for my first year tuition which is payable in $4000 installmental.
Pls i am not an "OBO", but wanna go for this course my parents last kobo, which is advisable ......Germany or USA....i am considering factors such as staying back after program, getting student job to sustain myself during study...et al
Please for rostock uni,is it for summer/winter start? cos i applied to them via courier for this your very program last month when i passed the assessment stage. How did they get back to you on the decision for the admission?
Thank you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 24, 2016
Bee15:

Am in uni Bremen winter semester, my admission status didn't change throughout til date. Al I did was constant mail and calls with my department coordinator and she gave me d feedback of my admission status.
So try and communicate with them often. Dey wld tell u wen admission wld be concluded.

All d best
thanks for you concern..it has changed to "application was formal checked" in the past 3weeks so from December to January,i hope to get a response on decision from them.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seunny4lif(m): 4:29am On Nov 25, 2016
cool cool
German no easy ooooh
It's like banger dey sound for my head if I'm reading Zeitung grin or listening to Nachricht grin grin
dprinz99:

ej eh

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Youpele52: 6:27am On Nov 25, 2016
jyemsta:

GO TO GERMANY

I applied for University of Rostock early last month (sent my doc via nipost) still haven't gotten reply from them.
Please when did you apply and how long did it take before you got your offer posted to you? please reply.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bee15(f): 7:38am On Nov 25, 2016
michV:
thanks for you concern..it has changed to "application was formal checked" in the past 3weeks so from December to January,i hope to get a response on decision from them.

Nice, favour all the way

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by esdajo: 8:40am On Nov 25, 2016
Hello everybody, I have 700 EUR for exchange in Naira at an affordable rate which would be paid into my account in Nigeria. I would either transfer the money to an account here in Germany or help you pay whatever fees that needs to be paid here and provide you with proof and/or confirmation. Contact me if you are interested.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 25, 2016
Youpele52:

GO TO GERMANY

I applied for University of Rostock early last month (sent my doc via nipost) still haven't gotten reply from them.
Please when did you apply and how long did it take before you got your offer posted to you? please reply.
i am in thesame page with you. Sent mine via NIPOST 3rd week of last month (October). Rostock said they don't respond to applicants via email on whether the application was received or not but applicants would get to know on decision made when they received a letter from them via POSTMAIL to your own address.
I expect that moniker to tell us his experience too..

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.