Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,975 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (911608 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Zodka: 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2017
donkafor:
I saw it clearly stated 'Enter your grades as stated on your transcript. Foreign grades do not need to convert to the German scale..... Numerical grades preferred.'

Check with me oooo

I didn't see anything like that on mine. Maybe it if different with courses

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iamedwin: 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
Arrive finally in Germany today...Booked ticket through wakanow.com on the 18th for a 19th April 8:45pm ticket through Turkish Airlines and it was smooth all through.

Pls guys confidently answer simple questions poised to you at every point of chekage especially the ones that have to do with final destination.

I got to a city not close to my school and the officer that checked my passport asked my school name and the state its located in.

Trying to rest a little.. Thanks bosses, thanks house.

18 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
Zodka:

U will use the formula on their site.. to convert your grade to German grade. Course by course. U will need your transcripts in hand. For example, let's take 100l first semester lets say u took 10 courses. First one is statistics u had a B say 60. Your 60 in German score will be highest achieveable score - 60 divided by highest achieveable score - pass score multiplied by 3 then plus one.

Say for example. Highest score is 100. Pass mark is 40. U score 60 . Your German score is 100- 60/ 100- 40 equals 40/60 equals 0.67. 0.67× 3 = 2.0. 2.0+1 = 3.0.
So u this for all the courses u have taken one by one

Usually u will see they in category on your site. For example under mathematics as a category will put in all mathematics related course with their units and the German score in that category..

I hope this helps

Also pls anyone else can correct if my explanation is wrong

Na wah o. All this one log no be small. So how will I now print it
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dasoul(m): 3:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
iamedwin:
Arrive finally in Germany today...Booked ticket through wakanow.com on the 18th for a 19th April 8:45pm ticket through Turkish Airlines and it was smooth all through.

Pls guys confidently answer simple questions poised to you at every point of chekage especially the ones that have to do with final destination.

I got to a city not close to my school and the officer that checked my passport asked my school name and the state its located in.

herzlich willkommen
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnsilva(m): 3:55pm On Apr 20, 2017
Goodday house, thanks to all the gurus for the information and assistance being rendered here. Pls I want your advice, I am currently putting together my document for application to M.Sc Petroleum Engr in TU Clausthal. I have a Bachelor's degree in Pet Engr, a CGPA of 3.012 with four years experience in an engineering position although not petroleum engr. I want to know what my chances are of being admitted to this program, as my cgpa is just a few pt above the min requirement of 3.0 for the program. Thank you all for your candid response.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Danny4show(m): 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2017
iamedwin:

congratulations bro.. wish you the very best...
Which school?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Noblepreneur: 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2017
Congrats
lono22:
I should share this...
Admission 16,feb 2016.
First block opening which was refused by deautch bank. Jan5
Visa interview: jan 12
Feb 2 2017:reminder to fund.
Feb 92017 : am mail..tho i didnt fund i was syprised
Feb 12: submitted my passport and insurance.
Feb 14: recieved a mail that d am mail was a mistake And that i should bring proof of funding.
I opened an account with fintiba within 24 hrs..
Funded :march 20
Visa :6april.
Am now in germany..glory to God!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2017
MAYBE... MSc Management though

Zodka:

I didn't see anything like that on mine. Maybe it if different with courses
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Zodka: 4:42pm On Apr 20, 2017
Pls i need a good center for tutor of TOEFL to pass English test
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by victolo: 5:11pm On Apr 20, 2017
victolo:
Hello....anyone applied for MSc data analytics at University of Hildeshiem
and also please if you know anyone currently doing his or her Msc there, kindly link me up to them.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iamedwin: 5:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
Danny4show:
congratulations bro.. wish you the very best...
Which school?

FH Kiel
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by iamedwin: 5:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
dasoul:

herzlich willkommen

Danke
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raemond(m): 6:10pm On Apr 20, 2017
kalushaiyke:
Any biochemistry graduate here?

Chemistry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by penukz2015(m): 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
Anyone studying fine art in Germany...helpful links would be appreciated
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kalushaiyke(m): 6:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
Raemond:

Chemistry
Okay Bro. Which schools are you looking at and course
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raemond(m): 7:29pm On Apr 20, 2017
kalushaiyke:

Okay Bro. Which schools are you looking at and course
I don't have a choice, any school that will offer me admission. I made a German cgpa of 2.7. Still awaiting uni Bonn, uni Bremen, uni Siegen and Regensburg. Rejected by Turbigen.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ZiggyMr(m): 7:34pm On Apr 20, 2017
Hello house,
Pls, hw many days does it take the embassy to return docx to location outside lagos?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chi555: 9:24pm On Apr 20, 2017
Hello house, pls how can I certify my documents ASAP here in ph without having to go to Abuja? And also how do I pay an application fee from NAIJA here. Pls I need answers asap.......feeling so confused right now.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chi555: 9:26pm On Apr 20, 2017
Pls anybody going for TU Clausthal, can we put heads 2geda and solve this application puzzle. Cuz its frustrating doing it alone
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pervic(m): 9:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
chi555:
Hello house, pls how can I certify my documents ASAP here in ph without having to go to Abuja? And also how do I pay an application fee from NAIJA here. Pls I need answers asap.......feeling so confused right now.

Did mine in Federal High Court in P.H.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by juniorbeard(m): 11:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
blackbriar:

4m is more than enuf,ryt now with form A,its about 2.7 mil,its rent and health insurance dat chop money pass,food is cheap,so with 4m,thhats 1 and half year funds

You do well blackbriar. I just wish I could get a link or something to educate me more on these figures. Coz I saw info that it would be enough but I also need a sponsor or company with at least N10m. I just hope the N10m is only for proof and not for use.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by juniorbeard(m): 11:28pm On Apr 20, 2017
Olanrewaju92:

Germany is 100X better than those countries u made mention. Remember in Canada, after paying tuition fees of maybe 8-10k$CAD u still have to show proof of living expenses of 10k$CAD coupled upon the fact that you could be denied visa while applying. Please tell me if German bank or the embassy would tell u the €8000 u re to pay is meant for them or you. Try and be considerate a bit and if deutsch policies don't seem reasonable to you why not try ur so called UK,US and Canada after years of being denied and spending your hand earned naira. Next pls

If the German bank or embassy tells me the E8700 is for me, then I don't have any problem. I'd do a good economical job - pay for only basic necessities.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by juniorbeard(m): 11:44pm On Apr 20, 2017
futurewise11:

With the 8700euro required by the authorities and your plan to work while studying u will be fine.

Expenses here depends on alot of factor e.g Location of the school, lifestyle etc...

You give me hope. I want to believe the conversion of this figure would be at the regular conversion rate and not parallel or black market.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olanrewaju92(m): 12:31am On Apr 21, 2017
juniorbeard:

If the German bank or embassy tells me the E8700 is for me, then I don't have any problem. I'd do a good economical job - pay for only basic necessities.

Guy step up, the money is urs that's why it's called a blocked account. When u get to Germany u get access to it. The real deal is no one is taking advantage of ur financial buoyancy if u have the €8000 on ground for payment.
If u try UK, US, Canada for study matter eeeehn na all una family and village members go contribute money (sorry being vulgar but I'm truthful here) for u after which dem fit deny u sef say ur account no dey legit or genuine because dem no trust Nigerians. Funny enough with ur hard earned money wey u get legitimately say u wan go develop deir country, dem still fit deny U visa. Dem no send u come oooo because Dem bliev b say even if Dem give Nigerians visa deir trust for us is not more than 5%
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 1:03am On Apr 21, 2017
Oga Bochu03,where u der?its bin long my brother we need to hook up and know watsup.ive tried sending u SMS here but it's not working.try drop ur contact for me
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:20am On Apr 21, 2017
iamedwin:

congrats

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 21, 2017
juniorbeard:

You do well blackbriar. I just wish I could get a link or something to educate me more on these figures. Coz I saw info that it would be enough but I also need a sponsor or company with at least N10m. I just hope the N10m is only for proof and not for use.
bro its simple the amount required to be blocked is E8040 + bank charge E150 every thing is E8900 . but in opening the account with DB you have to show a bank statement of that amount in your own personal account or more than that if not your acc
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:41am On Apr 21, 2017
Olanrewaju92:

Guy step up, the money is urs that's why it's called a blocked account. When u get to Germany u get access to it. The real deal is no one is taking advantage of ur financial buoyancy if u have the €8000 on ground for payment.
If u try UK, US, Canada for study matter eeeehn na all una family and village members go contribute money (sorry being vulgar but I'm truthful here) for u after which dem fit deny u sef say ur account no dey legit or genuine because dem no trust Nigerians. Funny enough with ur hard earned money wey u get legitimately say u wan go develop deir country, dem still fit deny U visa. Dem no send u come oooo because Dem bliev b say even if Dem give Nigerians visa deir trust for us is not more than 5%

Dude stop blowing hot air and say things as its.

Don't lie about how things work in other countries just because you preferred Germany for free tuition fees.

1. German embassy also refuse Nigerians visa for so many reasons

2. You don't get hold of the whole amount in your blocked account when you get to German

3. You still have to pay monthly insurance which varies depending on your age at the time of application.

Yes studying in Germany is tuition fee free but its not free in real sense of it.

Telling people an honest truth will help them make an informed decision.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Biggy911(m): 8:29am On Apr 21, 2017
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 8:31am On Apr 21, 2017
justwise:

Dude stop blowing hot air and say things as its.

Don't lie about how things work in other countries just because you preferred Germany for free tuition fees.

1. German embassy also refuse Nigerians visa for so many reasons

2. You don't get hold of the whole amount in your blocked account when you get to German

3. You still have to pay monthly insurance which varies depending on your age at the time of application.

Yes studying in Germany is tuition fee free but its not free in real sense of it.

Telling people an honest truth will help them make an informed decision.
t I don't know the simple truth u still want.u can study in nigeria,that is the simple truth.the comparison was between UK,canada,us and Germany and the guy said that Germany is better .do u know how much u will pay for only tuition fees in the above listed country?please tell me the truth u want to hear coz i don't understand u.in canada u pay a huge sum of 8-10cad$ and still spend close to 5csd$ on you accommodation and upkeep .america is worse and uk is a no go area.imagine paying £18k in uk just to uptain the same degree I can get with less than €1k in Germany,gosh ,which other truth do u want to hear?a freind in uk was sent a message 6months before graduation informing him that he has less than 6months to spend in the uk after pumping in nothing less than £50k for the 4years he has spent there .bros which other truth do u want to hear?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:36am On Apr 21, 2017
dprinz99:
t I don't know the simple truth u still want.u can study in nigeria,that is the simple truth.the comparison was between UK,canada,us and Germany and the guy said that Germany is better .do u know how much u will pay for only tuition fees in the above listed country?please tell me the truth u want to hear coz i don't understand u.in canada u pay a huge sum of 8-10cad$ and still spend close to 5csd$ on you accommodation and upkeep .america is worse and uk is a no go area.imagine paying £18k in uk just to uptain the same degree I can get with less than €1k in Germany,gosh ,which other truth do u want to hear?a freind in uk was sent a message 6months before graduation informing him that he has less than 6months to spend in the uk after pumping in nothing less than £50k for the 4years he has spent there .bros which other truth do u want to hear?

I don't post randomly mixing unrelated issues together like some of you here do.

If you don't see those 3 specific points i made regarding his post then don't bother quoting me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.