Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (909080 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olanrewaju92(m): 8:38am On Apr 21, 2017
dprinz99:
t I don't know the simple truth u still want.u can study in nigeria,that is the simple truth.the comparison was between UK,canada,us and Germany and the guy said that Germany is better .do u know how much u will pay for only tuition fees in the above listed country?please tell me the truth u want to hear coz i don't understand u.in canada u pay a huge sum of 8-10cad$ and still spend close to 5csd$ on you accommodation and upkeep .america is worse and uk is a no go area.imagine paying £18k in uk just to uptain the same degree I can get with less than €1k in Germany,gosh ,which other truth do u want to hear?a freind in uk was sent a message 6months before graduation informing him that he has less than 6months to spend in the uk after pumping in nothing less than £50k for the 4years he has spent there .bros which other truth do u want to hear?

Baba, no mind my oga justwise. Him ma sef no say we wey dey talk dx thing na as per cut ur coat to your size we dey emphasise on. thanks for supporting my points
Danke SchÖn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olanrewaju92(m): 8:43am On Apr 21, 2017
justwise:

Dude stop blowing hot air and say things as its.

Don't lie about how things work in other countries just because you preferred Germany for free tuition fees.

1. German embassy also refuse Nigerians visa for so many reasons

2. You don't get hold of the whole amount in your blocked account when you get to German

3. You still have to pay monthly insurance which varies depending on your age at the time of application.

Yes studying in Germany is tuition fee free but its not free in real sense of it.

Telling people an honest truth will help them make an informed decision.
Baba truth be say u sabi the logic, terms and conditions attached to this policies pass us but the truth is we won't venture on what we ain't up to. Let us praise those who has given us better option and lifeline.
Baba justwise, I sabi U be boss us 4 here but fact is we're trying go give due respect to the country giving us better option for our financial capabilities.

Danke SchÖn
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kalushaiyke(m): 8:49am On Apr 21, 2017
Raemond:

I don't have a choice, any school that will offer me admission. I made a German cgpa of 2.7. Still awaiting uni Bonn, uni Bremen, uni Siegen and Regensburg. Rejected by Turbigen.
Hopefully one will offer you admission Bro. My cgpa is 2.9 here which I think is 2.5 when converted to German cgpa. I'm still looking at schools to apply for despite money for blocked account or sponsorship not available. Godspeed bro

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by blackbriar: 9:15am On Apr 21, 2017
juniorbeard:

You do well blackbriar. I just wish I could get a link or something to educate me more on these figures. Coz I saw info that it would be enough but I also need a sponsor or company with at least N10m. I just hope the N10m is only for proof and not for use.

Once u get admission d school go even tell u home much u need base on the state economic prowress.

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/nach-deutschland/bewerbung/en/9199-visa-application/
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mecigr8s: 9:45am On Apr 21, 2017
Truth be told, Germany is the best option for individuals who are not that financially buoyant,but can still afford to fund the blocked account. I was once in this " schooling in Germany race" ;had admissions in almost all the schools I applied to. However, the sudden fall in naira( many thanks to the LORD for its gradual recovery) made me to think otherwise; because initially I had a budget of about 2.2M before this drastic fall of naira.Again, payment through FormA at that period(2015-2016 Winter admission) was not as available as it used to be and it was taking a longer time than necessary, so , people were funding their accounts through the "black" or the "blue" market which made the overall expenses more on the high side. Considering all these challenges, I sought for information and discovered that I could still school in the US and spend less than the amount obtainable in Germany if I could write standardized tests ( GRE and TOEFL) and get a Graduate Assistantship which often comes with full tuition waiver [which makes it equivalent to the German deal( tuition free in this aspect)] and a monthly stipend[ a better deal because you will be working in the school and achieve two things( money and experience)]. Getting this information, I swang into action, wrote the GRE and TOEFL, sent my transcripts for credential evaluation (used WES) and got a Graduate Assistantship. With this GA offer, one does not need to spend up to 1.5M again including your flights expenses.

The reason I am writing this here is to let some aspiring students(Postgraduate) who never knew that it is possible to study in the US without paying the real huge amount of money involved.This is possible in as much as these good factors are there: GPA, GRE, language score( usually TOEFL, IELTS),statement of purpose, recommendations. Any individual that has those things up there but do not have the financial wherewithal to fund the blocked account can consider the US.

As regards visa denial at the US embassy, most often than not, it boils down to not being able to show that one is indeed a true prospective student traveling to the US and inconsistencies in the form filled online and the answers provided during the interview.German embassy also normally denies students who are not articulate about their reasons for going to Germany, which is not a bad thing, if I were asked.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aenbj: 10:13am On Apr 21, 2017
My a.m mail dropped this morning. Praise be to God.

Interview was 30/03/17.

I appreciate the efforts of people in this thread in helping others to take the right path.

The Lord will make your ways prosperous. Amen.

9 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 21, 2017
Congrats
aenbj:

Interview was 30/03/17.

I appreciate the efforts of people in this thread in helping others to take the right path.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olanrewaju92(m): 12:16pm On Apr 21, 2017
aenbj:

Interview was 30/03/17.

Congratulobia, go live ur deutschland dreams

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nerressa: 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2017
victolo:
Hello....anyone applied for MSc data analytics at University of Hildeshiem
and also please if you know anyone currently doing his or her Msc there, kindly link me up to them.

I applied 2nd of this month
what's up?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2017
[I pmed you please reply

mecigr8s:
Truth be told, Germany is the best option for individuals who are not that financially buoyant,but can still afford to fund the blocked account. I was once in this " schooling in Germany race" ;had admissions in almost all the schools I applied to. However, the sudden fall in naira( many thanks to the LORD for its gradual recovery) made me to think otherwise; because initially I had a budget of about 2.2M before this drastic fall of naira.Again, payment through FormA at that period(2015-2016 Winter admission) was not as available as it used to be and it was taking a longer time than necessary, so , people were funding their accounts through the "black" or the "blue" market which made the overall expenses more on the high side. Considering all these challenges, I sought for information and discovered that I could still school in the US and spend less than the amount obtainable in Germany if I could write standardized tests ( GRE and TOEFL) and get a Graduate Assistantship which often comes with full tuition waiver [which makes it equivalent to the German deal( tuition free in this aspect)] and a monthly stipend[ a better deal because you will be working in the school and achieve two things( money and experience)]. Getting this information, I swang into action, wrote the GRE and TOEFL, sent my transcripts for credential evaluation (used WES) and got a Graduate Assistantship. With this GA offer, one does not need to spend up to 1.5M again including your flights expenses.

The reason I am writing this here is to let some aspiring students(Postgraduate) who never knew that it is possible to study in the US without paying the real huge amount of money involved.This is possible in as much as these good factors are there: GPA, GRE, language score( usually TOEFL, IELTS),statement of purpose, recommendations. Any individual that has those things up there but do not have the financial wherewithal to fund the blocked account can consider the US.

As regards visa denial at the US embassy, most often than not, it boils down to not being able to show that one is indeed a true prospective student traveling to the US and inconsistencies in the form filled online and the answers provided during the interview.German embassy also normally denies students who are not articulate about their reasons for going to Germany, which is not a bad thing, if I were asked.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fikky2016: 12:43pm On Apr 21, 2017
Sassyp:
congrats...what course were u admitted for?
Msc. Infotech
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shadeslove4real(f): 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2017
Thanks, pls I pmed u waiting for your reply

well, with the look of things the score is quite low. Buh ofcourse some schools accept letter from school stating that your language of instruction in school (English).

Hence, check this out the toefl IBT (64) needed is below what you have. MA. financial and managerial accounting , berlin school of economics and law[/quote]
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shadeslove4real(f): 12:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
@instructor001,

Thanks, I pmed u pls reply
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raemond(m): 12:54pm On Apr 21, 2017
kalushaiyke:

Hopefully one will offer you admission Bro. My cgpa is 2.9 here which I think is 2.5 when converted to German cgpa. I'm still looking at schools to apply for despite money for blocked account or sponsorship not available. Godspeed bro

It well all end well, by God'd grace

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 21, 2017
mecigr8s:

You are on point sir!
I have weighed both countries (US and Germany) and seen that US can be cheaper and profitable in the long run

1. Schooling in the US can be cheaper than Germany if you get a GRE score, TOEFL, LOR, SOP and a Graduate Assistantship position. All you have to do is to research well and apply early

2. There is no language barrier (or bias) in US as we Nigerians are English speakers. In Germany, one needs a certain degree of language proficiency before you can work which may be tasking for people who are poor in comprehending languages.

3. More job opportunities in US especially in the field of technology.

4. Higher wages in the US as one could earn as high as $100k per annum if you have work experience and attend a good school.

5. If you study a STEM course in US, you are guaranteed 3 years after graduation to work without showing any amount in your bank account. This is unlike 18 months in Germany where you still have to show some euros in your bank account.

6. Ive noticed that most Nigerians who study in Germany (or Europe) return back after their studies. The rate of staying back and working is higher in the US than in Europe.

The reasons are numerous.
WELL, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO CHOICE AND YOUR CAREER GOALS. GERMANY MAY SUIT YOUR GOALS BETTER THAN THE US.
IM NOT TRYING TO SAY GERMANY IS BAD, BUT IM TYING TO CORRECT A WRONG NOTION I NOTICED REGARDING THE US
I WILL BE APPLYING FOR FALL 2018 TO BOTH US AND GERMANY SCHOOLS, BUT IF I GET ADMISSION WITH ASSISTANTSHIP IN THE US, I WILL CHOOSE IT OVER FREE TUITION OF GERMANY COS OF ITS LONG RUN BENEFITS

Goodluck everyone
God bless

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2017
Chidinho10:

You are on point sir!
I have weighed both countries (US and Germany) and seen that US can be cheaper and profitable in the long run

1. Schooling in the US can be cheaper than Germany if you get a GRE score, TOEFL, LOR, SOP and a Graduate Assistantship position. All you have to do is to research well and apply early

2. There is no language barrier (or bias) in US as we Nigerians are English speakers. In Germany, one needs a certain degree of language proficiency before you can work which may be tasking for people who are poor in comprehending languages.

3. More job opportunities in US especially in the field of technology.

4. Higher wages in the US as one could earn as high as $100k per annum if you have work experience and attend a good school.

5. If you study a STEM course in US, you are guaranteed 3 years after graduation to work without showing any amount in your bank account. This is unlike 18 months in Germany where you still have to show some euros in your bank account.

6. Ive noticed that most Nigerians who study in Germany (or Europe) return back after their studies. The rate of staying back and working is higher in the US than in Europe.

The reasons are numerous.
WELL, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO CHOICE AND YOUR CAREER GOALS. GERMANY MAY SUIT YOUR GOALS BETTER THAN THE US.
IM NOT TRYING TO SAY GERMANY IS BAD, BUT IM TYING TO CORRECT A WRONG NOTION I NOTICED REGARDING THE US
I WILL BE APPLYING FOR FALL 2018 TO BOTH US AND GERMANY SCHOOLS, BUT IF I GET ADMISSION WITH ASSISTANTSHIP IN THE US, I WILL CHOOSE IT OVER FREE TUITION OF GERMANY COS OF ITS LONG RUN BENEFITS

Goodluck everyone
God bless
nice... But actually i read this your thinking you are some one with experience in either or both the country in context. Actually this is a German thread. One can visit any threads to get information. Comparison is only done with individual prefences. Lets not debate on things like. What is good for the goose may not always be good for the gander. Danke.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbonito(m): 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2017

Where did you come about this statistics of "most". I know 4 different people who studied in Germany and 3 are done. They did not even come home to get married. All working now.
My advice for people is to always know what you are doing and refrain from giving out assumptions when stating sensitive points like these cos it may determine others decision making.
USA, Canada, Germany,UK, Australia and so on are all good!! So long you know what you are doing.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2017
pitapromiz:
nice... But actually i read this your thinking you are some one with experience in either or both the country in context. Actually this is a German thread. One can visit any threads to get information. Comparison is only done with individual prefences. Lets not debate on things like. What is good for the goose may not always be good for the gander. Danke.

Yeah you are absolutely correct!
I already mentioned it in my earlier posts that one country may favor you than the other according to your life goals
Germany may be best suited for you
US may be best for you
UK may be best
Australia or Canada may be best
It all depends on your life goals

I made that post to clarify a notion that education in Germany is more expensive than that of the US. If you do proper research and adopt a nice strategy, you may never have to spend a dime to study in the US.
Tschuss

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2017
jbonito:

Where did you come about this statistics of "most". I know 4 different people who studied in Germany and 3 are done. They did not even come home to get married. All working now.
My advice for people is to always know what you are doing and refrain from giving out assumptions when stating sensitive points like these cos it may determine others decision making.
USA, Canada, Germany,UK, Australia and so on are all good!! So long you know what you are doing.

Cheers.

I know lots of people who studied in Germany and came back home cos of the job laws there. There are planning to do PhD in Canada or the US.
I dont want to stress much on this
In terms of opportunities (especially in technology) for an average English speaking country, US beats Germany and other European countries.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-foreign-students-doing-an-M-S-in-Germany-dont-get-jobs-after-they-finish-their-studies

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbonito(m): 4:12pm On Apr 21, 2017
Chidinho10:

I know lots of people who studied in Germany and came back home cos of the job laws there. There are planning to do PhD in Canada or the US.
I dont want to stress much on this
In terms of opportunities (especially in technology) for an average English speaking country, US beats Germany and other European countries.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-foreign-students-doing-an-M-S-in-Germany-dont-get-jobs-after-they-finish-their-studies

I seriously hope you do not apply to study in Germany then!! You seem to "know" so much about the negativity. I wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2017
jbonito:

I seriously hope you do not apply to study in Germany then!! You seem to "know" so much about the negativity. I wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

In life, you weigh the pros and cons of everything you do before doing them. Germany has its pros and cons, same way the US does.
If someone tries to project a realistic picture of something, dont brand him "negative-minded".
I will apply to both places, and I will weigh their pros and cons before making my decision
Thanks and have a nice day. No more words on this
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbonito(m): 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2017
Chidinho10:

In life, you weigh the pros and cons of everything you do before doing them. Germany has its pros and cons, same way the US does.
If someone tries to project a realistic picture of something, dont brand him "negative-minded".
I will apply to both places, and I will weigh their pros and cons before making my decision
Thanks and have a nice day. No more words on this

Bros!! I did not brand you negative minded. My opinion thus: the energy you channeled into exploring the so called negatives about Germany, could be channeled into the positives. I am not of the opinion that Germany is the best, in fact if I had the money, Aussie will be my own choice for reasons best known to me. All I'm saying is it's better you make your analysis about pros n cons privately and not spread it over the thread cos what you think is a con might be pro for someone else. Some might get discouraged based on something that's not impossible.

God bless

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Instructor001(m): 4:39pm On Apr 21, 2017
shadeslove4real:
@instructor001,
Thanks, I pmed u pls reply
Pm replied ma'am. Am so sorry it came late.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Neyoalao(m): 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2017
Pervic:

May b dey haven't receive d documents U sent. Hmmmmm n if dey av, it will still take few working days for dem to update Ur TUMonline.

But U said U used Nipost hmmmmmm, No comment oooo. Just keep checking Ur TUMonline account for update.
There's no cause for alarm. Nipost is efficient I used the one at the airport and it was sent that same evening. My portal has been updated on TUM and Uniassit said they received it on the 13th. I used unregistered mail

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2017
Anybody who applied to MSc Management at TUM... Please, kindly indicate.. We need to talk
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2017
jbonito:

Bros!! I did not brand you negative minded. My opinion thus: the energy you channeled into exploring the so called negatives about Germany, could be channeled into the positives. I am not of the opinion that Germany is the best, in fact if I had the money, Aussie will be my own choice for reasons best known to me. All I'm saying is it's better you make your analysis about pros n cons privately and not spread it over the thread cos what you think is a con might be pro for someone else. Some might get discouraged based on something that's not impossible.

God bless

Awwww, you got me wrong.
I stated it here that your goals define your choice. Every country has benefits and disadvantages. I'm not discouraging anyone. I'm still applying to Germany. Don't get me wrong.

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olanrewaju92(m): 7:47pm On Apr 21, 2017
Chidinho10:

Awwww, you got me wrong.
I stated it here that your goals define your choice. Every country has benefits and disadvantages. I'm not discouraging anyone. I'm still applying to Germany. Don't get me wrong.

Thanks

Boss, I beg U this is German thread not UK, US, Canada abi Australia thread. Channel those inquisitive words to the respective thread. Don't come here and start giving newbies wrong impression about Germany. Abeg choose where suits U. Die dx matter abeg.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 21, 2017
Olanrewaju92:

Boss, I beg U this is German thread not UK, US, Canada abi Australia thread. Channel those inquisitive words to the respective thread. Don't come here and start giving newbies wrong impression about Germany. Abeg choose where suits U. Die dx matter abeg.

Yes boss. I don hear

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrEbony(m): 10:49pm On Apr 21, 2017
iamedwin:
Arrive finally in Germany today...Booked ticket through wakanow.com on the 18th for a 19th April 8:45pm ticket through Turkish Airlines and it was smooth all through.

Pls guys confidently answer simple questions poised to you at every point of chekage especially the ones that have to do with final destination.

I got to a city not close to my school and the officer that checked my passport asked my school name and the state its located in.

Trying to rest a little.. Thanks bosses, thanks house.

Welcome to Germany Bro!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrEbony(m): 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
Zodka:
Pls i need a good center for tutor of TOEFL to pass English test

Google search for Exam Planet
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrEbony(m): 11:00pm On Apr 21, 2017
aenbj:

Interview was 30/03/17.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrEbony(m): 11:16pm On Apr 21, 2017
Again if you are leaving Motherland soon. I take God beg you come with some tangible € you won't get access to your Blocked account till about 2 weeks after you land.

That includes money for your rent deposit (your first rent itself), feeding and transport till you buy your semester ticket.

I hope this helps someone.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.