Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,968 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (909305 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by acedboss(m): 6:16am On Apr 25, 2017
congrats! depending on which city in NRW you're going to you can fly to Cologne, I know Turkish Airlines operate a lagos to cologne/bonn airport flight with a stopover in Istanbul. You can also fly to Düsseldorf, a lot of airlines fly there. From Cologne or Düsseldorf you can then take a train to your destination in NRW. Godspeed!

Jeffhardy3000:
Good day house pls I wanted to ask these questions, I was sent this mail;

1. Does this state I have been granted visa?

2. Which preferred insurance company can I use

3. Since my blocked account I may not access it till after two weeks how much should I hold in hand for rent, feeding and transportation?

4. How much does it cost in naira for a ticket to Germany ( my state is northwestaphilia)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dasoul(m): 6:59am On Apr 25, 2017
debuchy:
u for winter or summerr?

Winter. Any helpful tip, please.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Neyoalao(m): 7:23am On Apr 25, 2017
dasoul:

Winter. Any helpful tip, please.
Wow congratulations on your admission. Search for TUM Power Engineering here on Nl you will see tips of people that have gone before you. Best of luck
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by alloyflamez2007(m): 8:09am On Apr 25, 2017
Hello guys...pls I intend to cancel a student Visa interview slated for Jun 1st. Was told I was to contact the consulate general by mail. Can I pls have the email address for student visa cancellation ? Very urgent. !!! Tnx
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbonito(m): 8:14am On Apr 25, 2017
alloyflamez2007:
Hello guys...pls I intend to cancel a student Visa interview slated for Jun 1st. Was told I was to contact the consulate general by mail. Can I pls have the email address for student visa cancellation ? Very urgent. !!! Tnx

Check the website you booked that interview date.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 8:16am On Apr 25, 2017
Good morning guys......
Pls I will like to apply for an undergraduate course in Germany ....I need a school where I can apply with my neco results or weac results without attending d the studienkollege Nd with English being the language of instruction .I already applied for a language course in Germany Freiburg ...I have received my matrix letter .BT am having second thoughts dat I will gt rejected evn with opening of blocked account for language course cos I intend to study in Germany after my language course in Frieburg .
Thank you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Donpedro4: 8:17am On Apr 25, 2017
Please how much can it cost me to travel to Europain country were there is room for work please help I really need urgent please
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Danbotol: 8:36am On Apr 25, 2017
good morning guys,
is it compulsory i send my receipt of for my application fee payment by post to uni-assist or i can scan it to them ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by oxyoxyoxy: 8:51am On Apr 25, 2017
Chidinho10:

You are on point sir!
I have weighed both countries (US and Germany) and seen that US can be cheaper and profitable in the long run

1. Schooling in the US can be cheaper than Germany if you get a GRE score, TOEFL, LOR, SOP and a Graduate Assistantship position. All you have to do is to research well and apply early

2. There is no language barrier (or bias) in US as we Nigerians are English speakers. In Germany, one needs a certain degree of language proficiency before you can work which may be tasking for people who are poor in comprehending languages.

3. More job opportunities in US especially in the field of technology.

4. Higher wages in the US as one could earn as high as $100k per annum if you have work experience and attend a good school.

5. If you study a STEM course in US, you are guaranteed 3 years after graduation to work without showing any amount in your bank account. This is unlike 18 months in Germany where you still have to show some euros in your bank account.

6. Ive noticed that most Nigerians who study in Germany (or Europe) return back after their studies. The rate of staying back and working is higher in the US than in Europe.

The reasons are numerous.
WELL, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO CHOICE AND YOUR CAREER GOALS. GERMANY MAY SUIT YOUR GOALS BETTER THAN THE US.
IM NOT TRYING TO SAY GERMANY IS BAD, BUT IM TYING TO CORRECT A WRONG NOTION I NOTICED REGARDING THE US
I WILL BE APPLYING FOR FALL 2018 TO BOTH US AND GERMANY SCHOOLS, BUT IF I GET ADMISSION WITH ASSISTANTSHIP IN THE US, I WILL CHOOSE IT OVER FREE TUITION OF GERMANY COS OF ITS LONG RUN BENEFITS

Goodluck everyone
God bless
Thank you very much for the explanation,i
Pls i need to chat with u privately so as to be able to make enquires abt d exam nd admission opportunities...
Please can i have your number?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bochu03: 9:07am On Apr 25, 2017
How i wish i fit collect dat date..omo na June 12 i See My self OÖ, and My Aufnahme Prüfung na july 4..Hochschule Konstanz
alloyflamez2007:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 9:41am On Apr 25, 2017
dasoul:
Hello Scholars,
I just got contacted for TUM power engineering interview.
Any useful tips from this forum would be greatly appreciated.
Just google TUM MSPE interview questions, and you'll see some past questions online.
Also, know why you chose TUM and the course in particular. Then learn some basics in electrical/mechanical engineering depending on your Bsc...... you can also make enquiries about on going research in that department. You should be fine with this.
Finally try reading Lobito's post he was admitted for this course and posted his interview questions last year.
All the best!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 9:45am On Apr 25, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Good morning guys......
Pls I will like to apply for an undergraduate course in Germany ....I need a school where I can apply with my neco results or weac results without attending d the studienkollege Nd with English being the language of instruction .I already applied for a language course in Germany Freiburg ...I have received my matrix letter .BT am having second thoughts dat I will gt rejected evn with opening of blocked account for language course cos I intend to study in Germany after my language course in Frieburg .
Thank you.
My dear for Bsc you'll need a 100 level transcript or HND transcript for English taught courses.
As for language course, why don't you attend Goethe institute in Lagos? If what you're going for is between levels A1-B2......then the embassy might defer you to the language school in Lagos....... Just my opinion.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DInkMan(m): 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2017
DInkMan:
Hi guys in Germany,

in respect of the blocked account (Fintiba or DB), is there any monthly interest accruing to the balance in the blocked account or is it charges only?
saw on the fintiba website administrative charge of €4.90/month. how much is the administrative charge per month for Deutsche bank?
in terms of widespread of branches, Sutor or DB?

thanks

Response pls, gurus in the house
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbonito(m): 2:34pm On Apr 25, 2017
DInkMan:

Response pls, gurus in the house

Even though I don't know if DB charges anything, are you really so bothered about approximately 60 Euros charge in a year Seriously?? Enter google and look for your answers abeg.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DInkMan(m): 2:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
jbonito:

Even though I don't know if DB charges anything, are you really so bothered about approximately 60 Euros charge in a year Seriously?? Enter google and look for your answers abeg.

Thanks for your response. I believe this forum is our google and quora, lol. Sharing of live knowledge and better understanding happen right here.
I never said ~€60 is a concern or I am a broke. take a look closely I asked 3-part questions: interest, charges and widespread or accessibility of bank branches.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jbonito(m): 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2017
DInkMan:

Thanks for your response. I believe this forum is our google and quora, lol. Sharing of live knowledge and better understanding happen right here.
I never said ~€60 is a concern or I am a broke. take a look closely I asked 3-part questions: interest, charges and widespread or accessibility of bank branches.

I am not trying to infer that you are broke. A needless concern? Yes maybe. From what I know, you will create a new checking account in ur city to have better access to your money. That account should not have extra charges cos it's basically for students. ( That's how it's stated by my school ). Like I said though, I have no idea about DB, but I'm sure if it does exist it's not going to be astronomical.

Cheers brother
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Stheelooo: 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hello everyone,
As anyone recently filled or currently filling Fintiba application form. On the blocking agreement part not sure what I should fill for 'which authority(embassy, consulate or foreigners registry office) do you need your booking confirmation? Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DInkMan(m): 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
Stheelooo:
Hello everyone,
As anyone recently filled or currently filling Fintiba application form. On the blocking agreement part not sure what I should fill for 'which authority(embassy, consulate or foreigners registry office) do you need your booking confirmation? Thanks

German consulate general is in Lagos. Hence should be consulate.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Damolux01(m): 4:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
[quote author=Henry85 post=55867784][/quote] Thanks for this info. Pls, how much in naira is now required in the blocked acc? Those that just did this...how much did deposit there in £ and what the amount in #? Thanks!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Stheelooo: 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
DInkMan:

German consulate general is in Lagos. Hence should be consulate.
Thank you x
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mantleguy(m): 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
@jbonito(m)

Hi bro. How did you pay for the flight ticket at wakanow? I tried to pay with credit card but it isn't going through.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rapahel1116: 4:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
Thanks a lot.....is there any way I can get a German language cert without going to Goethe institute Lagos....cos i stay in abuja...wat am saying is ,is there any substitute for Goethe in abuja?quote author=hadassaheke post=55894362]
My dear for Bsc you'll need a 100 level transcript or HND transcript for English taught courses.
As for language course, why don't you attend Goethe institute in Lagos? If what you're going for is between levels A1-B2......then the embassy might defer you to the language school in Lagos....... Just my opinion. [/quote]
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by paulynpen(m): 5:15pm On Apr 25, 2017
mantleguy:
@jbonito(m)

Hi bro. How did you pay for the flight ticket at wakanow? I tried to pay with credit card but it isn't going through.
mantleguy:
@jbonito(m)

Plz House i needed to be educated here. How are you people funding your blocked account using form A? Because many banks i have approached are demanding for invoice from my school. Please someone should explain it to me
Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 5:43pm On Apr 25, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Thanks a lot.....is there any way I can get a German language cert without going to Goethe institute Lagos....cos i stay in abuja...wat am saying is ,is there any substitute for Goethe in abuja?quote author=hadassaheke post=55894362]
As for language course, why don't you attend Goethe institute in Lagos? If what you're going for is between levels A1-B2......then the embassy might defer you to the language school in Lagos....... Just my opinion.
I don't know of any language school in Abuja. Goethe institute is only situated in Lagos currently.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by paulynpen(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
paulynpen:

Plz House i needed to be educated here. How are you people funding your blocked account using form A? Because many banks i have approached are demanding for invoice from my school. Please someone should explain it to me
Thanks
paulynpen:

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kAccipite(m): 6:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
I have been applying for schools in Germany but none have replied me , and admission is closing soon can someone help me and guild me in this so follow other steps before school starts
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2017
Contact your school for invoice explaining the forex policy in the country to them. They will issue you an invoice with your DB account details.

Someone did it last month or there about. Flip back the pages to see more.

Hope this helps.

paulynpen:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by motorized: 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
can the house give me some other schools I can apply to where i stand a fair chance of getting admission for Masters
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Marael: 8:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
hadassaheke:

I don't know of any language school in Abuja. Goethe institute is only situated in Lagos currently.
pls what is the course duration ,the tution fee, and is there available accommodation there? Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by paulynpen(m): 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2017
donkafor:
Contact your school for invoice explaining the forex policy in the country to them. They will issue you an invoice with your DB account details.

Someone did it last month or there about. Flip back the pages to see more.

Hope this helps.

Oh it really help. I will try and contact my school.
Thanks so much
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 6:04am On Apr 26, 2017
Rapahel1116:
. Hey,if u are interested in learning german in abuja,I can help u,I did mine in Gwarinpa but I believe private class is the best.send me a pm

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.