Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (912639 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jay123000: 8:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
yusufjinadu:
Greetings,

Is NIPOST reliable in shipping documents to Germany?

I have searched through the thread but can't seem to find a definitive "yes" or "no".

Capital Y.E.S....I used Nipost to send my documents to 5 different skools in Germany and it got der in 10 working days....Nipost is reliable

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by okezie007(m): 8:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
acedboss:

Hello Ritzyvic, I didn't have to apply for a new passport and as long as your passport is valid for up to 6 more months after the visa is issued then it is acceptable by the embassy but I felt it was easier to get a new passport from Nigeria instead of doing it here cos of the stress of traveling and i've heard a lot of tales about naija embassies and high commisions in other countries so I didn't wanna go through that stress and i'm glad I did so cos its quite difficult to get a new passport here. There are 3 cities where you ca get passports here in germany which means You have to travel if you don't live in those cities. Also many times they tell you they don't have passport booklets, which means you might have to go France, Holland, Belgium or other Neighboring countries to apply. I was also told by friends that the service at the nigeria embassies was nothing to write home about and i've also seen some videos online of Nigerians protesting at embassies for delays in passport issuance. All pthese prompted me to sort the thing in naija.
Could you kindly share your experience in obtaining a new passport even when the old one was yet to expire? I imagine the immigration officers been giving you a tough time with such a request
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Neyoalao(m): 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
eddiemei:

Congrat. Bro

Got same.....same course. If you don't mind, let's plan together. Regards....
Congratulations. But please how did you check because I applied to same course and I have been checking my email nothing at all!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by okezie007(m): 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
[quote author=boboro1 post=57896333][/quote]lol -none of my biz- why in da world would you be seeking for another BSc @your age when you can just go for Masters #justthinkingoutloud
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2017
lono22:
@ kag 1 yes i applied for another bsc...i had a bsc frm U.I already but am here for another bsc....i will also like to state that guys note that theschool admission letter u use to apply for visa is what will be written on ur student visa..note that the name of the schools admission letter u use to apply for visa interview is what will be on your visa...tho u can change schools buh i always donot advice that ..

This is not true. It is the school you had your interview with that will be written on the visa and not the one you apply for an interview with. Also, you can get a visa with school A and travel to school B but must tell them at the point of entry that you are going to the school written on your visa and then find your way after that. The name on the visa doesn't really matter cause in the next 3-6 months, you will change it to resident permit of the city you eventually choose which will come in a card form or pasted on your passport. This is nothing to worry about at all. Shalom

8 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 9:43pm On Jun 27, 2017
ritzyvic1:

You just touched something that got my attention
Did you say that you had to apply for a fresh international passport because it was a year from expiry date? Mine is a year from expiry too and I'm going for an interview soon. Is it really necessary to get a new one? Nigerian embassy no dey Deutschland? Or does the German embassy require a passport with validity longer than the visa duration?

If you can renew it before you get your visa, it will be good. I mean before or after your interview so that your visa will be placed on the new one. The reasons why it will be preferable for you to renew it in Nigeria are:

1. After getting your visa maybe for 3 or 6 months, you will need to apply for a residence permit when you get in and secured an accommodation. They are supposed to give you 1 or 2 years of residence permit depending on the city, but they will only give you the duration that your passport covers. For example, if the expiry duration of your passport is 6 months and your city gives 2 years, you can not be given more than 6 months after which you might need complete block account, or part, or work contract to renew again.
2. They might be non-availability of booklet at the embassy when you really want to renew it in Berlin.

The journey will take you like a day or two depending on how close you are to Berlin. If you get there as early as 6-7am in the morning, you can get it on the same day. Shalom

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ritzyvic1(m): 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
Mrbigman1:

Have u gotten a date?
Wen did u book?
Mine is two days now and no date.
Resend the email within working hours That's what I did after one full day of not hearing from them. I got a date after sending the second email within a few hours
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 9:49pm On Jun 27, 2017
UncleJudax:

Your last sentence is not entirely true. There is Uniassist deadline which comes before those of Uniassist universities.
This allows them to process the documents in time.

An application with June 15th deadline still having "not processed tag" is a huge concern.

I wish him well regardless.

It is not. If the deadline is June 15th and his application got to uni-assist on June 15th at 11:55pm, his application will be processed and forwarded to the schools. Once his documents and payment get to uni-assist on or before the deadline, he has nothing to worry about provided the school is not requesting for VPD to be sent with other documents after applying to uni-assist within the time frame like HAW, Hamburg(few schools do this).Shalom

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 9:52pm On Jun 27, 2017
Mrbigman1:

Have u gotten a date?

Wen did u book?

Mine is two days now and no date.

Send it again late in the night or early in the morning to :

student@lago.diplo.de and copy info@lago.diplo.de attaching the necessary documents. They don't really have a certain number of days though. Sometimes, you might get a response within 12hrs, while sometimes, within 24hrs, 2-day, a week and so on. Shalom

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mrbigman1(m): 9:58pm On Jun 27, 2017
ritzyvic1:

Resend the email within working hours
That's what I did after one full day of not hearing from them.
I got a date after sending the second email within a few hours

OK, I just thought they re observing the holiday maybe.

I just sent dem a reminder mail.

Lemme wait till tomo and see d outcome.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mrbigman1(m): 10:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
honourableseyi:

Send it again late in the night or early in the morning to :

student@lago.diplo.de and copy info@lago.diplo.de attaching the necessary documents. They don't really have a certain number of days though. Sometimes, you might get a response within 12hrs, while sometimes, within 24hrs, 2-day, a week and so on. Shalom

Thanks papi.

Lemme wait for outcome tomo, not Ina rush, but Oct school de start.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mostfavour(m): 10:07pm On Jun 27, 2017
But I still cannot understand what is happening please is anyone on same shoes with me?
I sent my application documents to uni-assist on 24th May and I have tracked it and seen it has gotten to them but till now am writing this they have not yet sent me acknowledgement receipt of my application.
Is anything wrong gurus in the house?.
I paid application fee as far as February and have received receipt of payment.
Over anxiety wan kill here ooo, why is that of applications delaying
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by eddiemei(m): 10:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
Neyoalao:

Congratulations. But please how did you check because I applied to same course and I have been checking my email nothing at all!

Was sent a mail as regard my admission status.

Attached was the admission letter.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 10:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
mostfavour:
But I still cannot understand what is happening please is anyone on same shoes with me?
I sent my application documents to uni-assist on 24th May and I have tracked it and seen it has gotten to them but till now am writing this they have not yet sent me acknowledgement receipt of my application.

what is your portal showing? I think it will be 4 weeks today if you send it through DHL or fedex. You will get a response from them this week. But check your portal and let's see what is showing first. Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by honourableseyi: 10:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
Mrbigman1:

Thanks papi.

Lemme wait for outcome tomo, not Ina rush, but Oct school de start.

Alright. Chill for them then. Once they get a space, they will inform you . Shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ramani237: 10:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
yeah I think that is cause for concern..Please try to text them through their contact form and explain your plight to them. From there you can know what is wrong..but as far as u have submitted your application on time we hope tha'ts ok..But Contact them soonest.
Aber du muusst nicht Angst haben..alles wird gut. smiley
mostfavour:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Johnnyessence(m): 10:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
jay123000:

Capital Y.E.S....I used Nipost to send my documents to 5 different skools in Germany and it got der in 10 working days....Nipost is reliable
thanks for your reply here. Please I want to ask how do you track your all your documents. Please I need more of yur reply.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kag1: 10:45pm On Jun 27, 2017
@ honourableseyi please respond

kag1:
Please, people is it ok to attend a visa interview with a passport showing the previous passport number even though one has never applied for a visa before even with the old passport?
Should he take the old and new along with him?

Someone should please update us on the current trend at the embassy..........
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by acedboss(m): 11:03pm On Jun 27, 2017
okezie007:
Could you kindly share your experience in obtaining a new passport even when the old one was yet to expire? I imagine the immigration officers been giving you a tough time with such a request

I reckon It might be quite difficult to do, Just go to the passport office and try to explain and hopefully they will do it. You might have to grease some palms tho.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by steph6: 12:17am On Jun 28, 2017
morning house please does any1 know about mannheim business school m hoping to apply next year I have a 1.9 on the German scale

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by okezie007(m): 2:42am On Jun 28, 2017
acedboss:

I reckon it's gonna be quite difficult to do it but I was lucky cos a family friend works in the passport section of the NIS so he helped me with it.
Wow! Your really fortunate and priviledged as well. Can we chat privately at designplanna@gmail.com
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by doubletroublmum(f): 4:42am On Jun 28, 2017
honourableseyi:

If you can renew it before you get your visa, it will be good. I mean before or after your interview so that your visa will be placed on the new one. The reasons why it will be preferable for you to renew it in Nigeria are:

1. After getting your visa maybe for 3 or 6 months, you will need to apply for a residence permit when you get in and secured an accommodation. They are supposed to give you 1 or 2 years of residence permit depending on the city, but they will only give you the duration that your passport covers. For example, if the expiry duration of your passport is 6 months and your city gives 2 years, you can not be given more than 6 months after which you might need complete block account, or part, or work contract to renew again.
2. They might be non-availability of booklet at the embassy when you really want to renew it in Berlin.

The journey will take you like a day or two depending on how close you are to Berlin. If you get there as early as 6-7am in the morning, you can get it on the same day. Shalom

Hi. Applying for a passport in Berlin takes up to six months recently. You will have to go to the embassy for application and later again for picking it. It cost 200-300 euro and the embassy people have to send the papers to Abuja to get it. It's cheaper to apply in Nigeria.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tinder: 5:54am On Jun 28, 2017
GermanDreamer:
cc: Tinder . I have read your above posts on worries about uni-assists on your application. You may not be alone as others may be in your shoes but just following silently. I want to ask?
Was it in the month of MAY you made your application to uni-assist?
I saw the date you quoted for the confirmation of receipt but in essence what was the actual date your couriered documents got to uni-assist?
As I await your response, if your application, fee payment,delivery by courier were all completed this month, you need to ''chillax'' b/c your application is in other as long as they did confirm of having received payment & documents of yours.
But if your application was made towards the month of MAY 3rd/4th week and completed (payment and sending documents+delivered), you may use the contact form to remind uni-assist as current processing time for applications from AFRICA on their web-page is 4weeks (http://www.uni-assist.de/news.html) and different regions which they have their applications have different processing times but in general they do state 4-6weeks. In other-words, in less busy periods, applications are treated quickly never mind any processing time(s).

Yes i made my online application in the later part of May but i paid the application fee on the 1st of June and uniassist confirmed my payment on the 8th of June, then i also forwarded my documents to uniassist on the 3rd of June.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tinder: 5:55am On Jun 28, 2017
Jigba:

Then you are good cool

ok danke.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ninered: 6:28am On Jun 28, 2017
I don't understand this nairaland style, who be admin self. I just woke up one day and they banned me for "I don't know why", abi nah person report my moniker? If you look my face now I'm not smilingangry
Issorite... So what did I miss? grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abbeylian: 7:57am On Jun 28, 2017
Hi brethens, please can I book for an appointment with my admission letter with the embassy while still waiting for my Verpflichtungserklärung to arrive? Cos my enrollment date is September 18th and instead of waiting since there has to be six weeks between booking appointment and enrollment. I'm hopeful before the would be appointment date my Verpflichtungserklärung would be available.
A prompt response would be appreciated
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kowiy(m): 9:14am On Jun 28, 2017
acedboss:

Hello Ritzyvic, I didn't have to apply for a new passport and as long as your passport is valid for up to 6 more months after the visa is issued then it is acceptable by the embassy but I felt it was easier to get a new passport from Nigeria instead of doing it here cos of the stress of traveling and i've heard a lot of tales about naija embassies and high commisions in other countries so I didn't wanna go through that stress and i'm glad I did so cos its quite difficult to get a new passport here. There are 3 cities where you ca get passports here in germany which means You have to travel if you don't live in those cities. Also many times they tell you they don't have passport booklets, which means you might have to go France, Holland, Belgium or other Neighboring countries to apply. I was also told by friends that the service at the nigeria embassies was nothing to write home about and i've also seen some videos online of Nigerians protesting at embassies for delays in passport issuance. All these prompted me to sort the thing in naija.

Good day bro,
My passport will expire in a year time also. I've tried to renew at the immigration office but I was told I can only renew when it's six months to expiration. Though I've booked visa interview with the passport I have now but I'm thinking of applying for a new passport after the interview. Would it be accepted by the embassy? Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by acedboss(m): 9:32am On Jun 28, 2017
Kowiy:

Good day bro,
My passport will expire in a year time also. I've tried to renew at the immigration office but I was told I can only renew when it's six months to expiration. Though I've booked visa interview with the passport I have now but I'm thinking of applying for a new passport after the interview. Would it be accepted by the embassy? Thanks

Good day bro,
I did the same thing and my new passport was accepted by the embassy. I suggest you contact them via mail to inform them of the change once you get the new passport.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by princ3ssa: 10:37am On Jun 28, 2017
Made123:
House please does anyone know how the interview process @ at FAU Erlangen is been conducted? I received a mail stating that I have reached the second stage of admission and I will have to undergo a face-to-face interview to further access my suitability for the program. Although I replied the mail stating that I'm not residing in Germany and would accept any other alternative means to get the interview done. Thanks alot.

Hi....I also applied at FAU but wasn't requested to do a face to face interview. What course did you apply for?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ogatboy(m): 11:21am On Jun 28, 2017
@lalastical and other mod we need part 4
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 28, 2017
Tinder:

Yes i made my online application in the later part of May but i paid the application fee on the 1st of June and uniassist confirmed my payment on the 8th of June, then i also forwarded my documents to uniassist on the 3rd of June.
your application is in other...your application from the day your document got delivered to uni-assist is not even more than 3-weeks, so ''chillax''

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.