Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,533 members, 7,819,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (912585 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jay123000: 11:59am On Jun 27, 2017
Olanrewaju92:
Good afternoon fams,
Anyone here who obtained verpflichtungserklärung (declaration of obligation) from Trier city (Rheinland- Phalz state). My sponsor called to tell me this morning that the Alien office is asking for my insurance before the document can be processed and that rules differs from one state to another. My thought is insurance is done after interview when the embassy asks for it. Please to anyone who had related issues please shed more light

My sponsor state is Rheinland-Pfalz.

In anticipation please.

Insurance shouldn't be the problem Sir or Ma,search MAWISTA Student classic plus fa google,filled der forms then u good to go..

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
Go to the German consulate website. It's just pure laziness to come and ask here when you could have done your own research.

paulynpen:
plz can someone tell me how to get the visa form, i booked for interview but the forms were not attached as usual, i wrote them but they redirect me to the website. plz someone put me through
danke

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 12:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
It's perfectly okay to apply for an interview date with any letter of admission. What you should do however, is go with the admission letter of the school you would be attending for the visa interview. The visa will have the name of the school you applied with. I suggest you book an appointment as soon as possible instead of waiting because the days are running out. Students are now getting dates as late as September. My advice sha.

SleekAB:
The great dobeespen! Thanks for the insight...really appreciate.

Just received my blocked account details from Fintiba. I applied with my admission letter from Futwangen. I was a bit confused whether to apply for for a visa interview or not. With this insight you've shared I suppose I'll just go ahead and book for an appointment this very day. I'm still hoping HTW Berlin, HS Rhein-Waal or Deggeendorf comes through before any interview date I'm scheduled for.

But can one actually swap schools/admission letters at the embassy? Has anyone done it before?

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2017
You can book for a date with any letter of admission. Please don't pass the wrong message across. What you should do is take the admission letter of the school you will be attending with you for your visa interview.

lono22:
@ kag 1 yes i applied for another bsc...i had a bsc frm U.I already but am here for another bsc....i will also like to state that guys note that theschool admission letter u use to apply for visa is what will be written on ur student visa..note that the name of the schools admission letter u use to apply for visa interview is what will be on your visa...tho u can change schools buh i always donot advice that ..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lono22: 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
@ dopeespen what do u mean sir by me passing the wrong msg accross? I tot we r free to speak bout opinions freely....wats ur problem am onli trying to gibe an opinion..am in germany already note....so wat if by d tym u go for your interview other asmission letters r not ready? Dont b selfish ur not d onli one on this thread n mind how u address ppl...thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olanrewaju92(m): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2017
jay123000:

Insurance shouldn't be the problem Sir or Ma,search MAWISTA Student classic plus fa google,filled der forms then u good to go..

Thanks for the info sir. I don't know how to go about that though I have downloaded the document from their site and don't know how to fill up since I'm new to how everything works. Would be glad if u come to my aid as my interview date is closer.

I pm'e U.

Thanks brov
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by boboro1: 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2017
dobeespen:
You can book for a date with any letter of admission. Please don't pass the wrong message across. What you should do is take the admission letter of the school you will be attending with you for your visa interview.

Please what is the requiirement the sponsor will have and most he be a German citizen or someone with a permant residents In Germany
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tinder: 12:45pm On Jun 27, 2017
SleekAB:
The great dobeespen! Thanks for the insight...really appreciate.

Just received my blocked account details from Fintiba. I applied with my admission letter from Futwangen. I was a bit confused whether to apply for for a visa interview or not. With this insight you've shared I suppose I'll just go ahead and book for an appointment this very day. I'm still hoping HTW Berlin, HS Rhein-Waal or Deggeendorf comes through before any interview date I'm scheduled for.

But can one actually swap schools/admission letters at the embassy? Has anyone done it before?

plz wat do u tink is the issue with uniassit since after confirming receipt of my documents and payment, until now processing not yet started. see my attachment.plz who else is in this situation because the application deadline for all these schools is July 15th. also hope you applied for Deggendorf through Hochschulstart.de because i applied through their th.dg.de and they contacted me to apply conrrectly on hochschulstart.de

cc dobeespen, lono22, futurewise21

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by boboro1: 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2017
dobeespen:

Please what documents do you sumit for you to be admitted for bsc pls is my wasc enough to apply for bsc

Also what is requirements needed by the sponsor must he be a German citizens or someone that reside in Germany with residents permit
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by paulynpen(m): 12:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
dobeespen:
Go to the German consulate website. It's just pure laziness to come and ask here when you could have done your own research.

The time you spent writing all this could have been enough to educate me, I am not a novice. This is my third time of visa interview. I passed but could not fund. I rarely ask questions but I am just confused. Check my signature I have. Been here for about three year now have. You ever seen my asking questions?. Probably you were not here that long. I am just confused of the changes that's why I asked.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jay123000: 1:03pm On Jun 27, 2017
Olanrewaju92:

Thanks for the info sir. I don't know how to go about that though I have downloaded the document from their site and don't know how to fill up since I'm new to how everything works. Would be glad if u come to my aid as my interview date is closer.

I pm'e U.

Thanks brov

Sorry,I don't really know how this Pm works,I've trying checking ur PM but don't know where to check it...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 27, 2017
Tinder:

plz wat do u tink is the issue with uniassit since after confirming receipt of my documents and payment, until now processing not yet started. see my attachment.plz who else is in this situation because the application deadline for all these schools is July 15th. also hope you applied for Deggendorf through Hochschulstart.de because i applied through their th.dg.de and they contacted me to apply conrrectly on hochschulstart.de

They will first evaluate your result. Once they are done, the status of your application will change. It's also stated on their website that the status only changes once they are done with the evaluation of your document

As far as they've confirmed, that they have received your documents. You don't need to worry

Hope you also sent your documents through post to them aside uploading them online??
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by acedboss(m): 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2017
SleekAB:
Thanks lono22 for the insight... Indeed I've been very worried about booking an appointment with my Furtwangen admission letter because of tuition fees in that state. I would rather play safe and get an appointment with a letter from a tuition free school, but they're not forthcoming and I've got to book early to get an early date. As it is, I'll take my chances with the Furtwangen letter and just hope for the best.

You went to UI too? That's great! I got a BSc there last decade.

Hi Bro. you can book a date with the Furtwangen letter and if another admission letter arrives before your interview then attend the interview with your new admission letter. But maybe you should inform the embassy first before showing up with the new admission letter. I did this in 2015 and had no problems whatsoever. I even attended the interview with one international passport but cos that passport had only 1 more year before getting expired, I applied for a fresh international passport and got my visa from the embassy with the new one, although I also mailed them about this beforehand and explained why I decided to get a new passport and they raised no objection. I hope a lot of people who have similar questions can gain something from this.

I also grad from UI in 09 my man, doing my masters in Germany. Bless!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tinder: 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2017
Jigba:

They will first evaluate your result. Once they are done, the status of your application will change. It's also stated on their website that the status only changes once they are done with the evaluation of your document

As far as they've confirmed, that they have received your documents. You don't need to worry

Hope you also sent your documents through post to them aside uploading them online??

Yes i did send my documents by post. Also one of the schools on uniassist their aaplication deadline was June 15, but i already sent my documents to uniassist before June 15, will the school still accept my applicatioon from uniassit even after the deadline?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
Tinder:

Yes i did send my documents by post. Also one of the schools on uniassist their aaplication deadline was June 15, but i already sent my documents to uniassist before June 15, will the school still accept my applicatioon from uniassit even after the deadline?

Have they confirmed that they received your documents before June 15?

If yes, then you have nothing to worry about
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2017
You sound like I'm fighting with you. No one is fighting with you oh. All I'm saying is just because one way worked for you, doesn't mean it's the only way to go about something.

lono22:
@ dopeespen what do u mean sir by me passing the wrong msg accross? I tot we r free to speak bout opinions freely....wats ur problem am onli trying to gibe an opinion..am in germany already note....so wat if by d tym u go for your interview other asmission letters r not ready? Dont b selfish ur not d onli one on this thread n mind how u address ppl...thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tinder: 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2017
Jigba:

Have they confirmed that they received your documents before June 15?

If yes, then you have nothing to worry about

They sent me this

On 10.06.2017 we received from you 4 application forms and 120 euro Payment.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2017
Uniassists takes forever to process your documents. They won't update your status to "processing" until the 5th week. By the end of the 6th week they'll be done with your processing and email you the results. As long as Uniassist receives your documents before the deadline you have nothing to worry about.

Tinder:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
LOL. How long you've been on Nairaland means nothing to me. A Google search would have educated you. that's all.

paulynpen:

The time you spent writing all this could have been enough to educate me, I am not a novice. This is my third time of visa interview. I passed but could not fund. I rarely ask questions but I am just confused. Check my signature I have. Been here for about three year now have. You ever seen my asking questions?. Probably you were not here that long. I am just confused of the changes that's why I asked.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
I have no idea. I'm not using a sponsor.

boboro1:

Please what is the requiirement the sponsor will have and most he be a German citizen or someone with a permant residents In Germany
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dobeespen: 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
Your WAEC isn't enough. You need an additional one year of university education to be directly admitted to German universities.

boboro1:

Please what documents do you sumit for you to be admitted for bsc pls is my wasc enough to apply for bsc

Also what is requirements needed by the sponsor must he be a German citizens or someone that reside in Germany with residents permit
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by SleekAB: 2:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
Thanks man, really appreciate!

dobeespen:
It's perfectly okay to apply for an interview date with any letter of admission. What you should do however, is go with the admission letter of the school you would be attending for the visa interview. The visa will have the name of the school you applied with. I suggest you book an appointment as soon as possible instead of waiting because the days are running out. Students are now getting dates as late as September. My advice sha.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ritzyvic1(m): 2:19pm On Jun 27, 2017
acedboss:

Hi Bro. you can book a date with the Furtwangen letter and if another admission letter arrives before your interview then attend the interview with your new admission letter. But maybe you should inform the embassy first before showing up with the new admission letter. I did this in 2015 and had no problems whatsoever. I even attended the interview with one international passport but cos that passport had only 1 more year before getting expired, I applied for a fresh international passport and got my visa from the embassy with the new one, although I also mailed them about this beforehand and explained why I decided to get a new passport and they raised no objection. I hope a lot of people who have similar questions can gain something from this.

You just touched something that got my attention
Did you say that you had to apply for a fresh international passport because it was a year from expiry date? Mine is a year from expiry too and I'm going for interview soon. Is it really necessary to get a new one? Nigerian embassy no dey deutschland? Or does the German embassy require a passport with validity longer than the visa duration?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Made123: 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2017
House please does anyone know how the interview process @ at FAU Erlangen is been conducted? I received a mail stating that I have reached the second stage of admission and I will have to undergo a face-to-face interview to further access my suitability for the program. Although I replied the mail stating that I'm not residing in Germany and would accept any other alternative means to get the interview done. Thanks alot.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by SleekAB: 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
Thanks for this man! My mind's fully at ease now. I'll just hope that the other enforced desirables come through before my scheduled date.

Left UI finally in '05. But I'll be doing a BSc again hopefully in International Business/Management. My work experience here informs my decision. Besides in today's world, one's got be globally oriented.

Since you're in Germany already I'd have liked more detailed info as to how it works over there. I'll try the PM thing...

Thanks a lot, u 2 mush!

acedboss:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
Tinder:

They sent me this

On 10.06.2017 we received from you 4 application forms and 120 euro Payment.

Then you are good cool

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by UncleJudax(m): 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
dobeespen:
Uniassists takes forever to process your documents. They won't update your status to "processing" until the 5th week. By the end of the 6th week they'll be done with your processing and email you the results. As long as Uniassist receives your documents before the deadline you have nothing to worry about.

Your last sentence is not entirely true. There is Uniassist deadline which comes before those of Uniassist universities.
This allows them to process the documents in time.

An application with June 15th deadline still having "not processed tag" is a huge concern.

I wish him well regardless.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kag1: 2:49pm On Jun 27, 2017
Please, people is it ok to attend a visa interview with a passport showing the previous passport number even though one has never applied for a visa before even with the old passport?
Should he take the old and new along with him?

Someone should please update us on the current trend at the embassy..........
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Reddev: 2:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
Who's in Kiel please?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
dobeespen:
[s]Uniassists takes forever to process your documents[/s]. [s]They won't update your status to "processing" until the 5th week. By the end of the 6th week they'll be done with your processing[/s] and email you the results. As long as Uniassist receives your documents before the deadline you have nothing to worry about.

cc: Tinder . I have read your above posts on worries about uni-assists on your application. You may not be alone as others may be in your shoes but just following silently. I want to ask?
Was it in the month of MAY you made your application to uni-assist?
I saw the date you quoted for the confirmation of receipt but in essence what was the actual date your couriered documents got to uni-assist?
As I await your response, if your application, fee payment,delivery by courier were all completed this month, you need to ''chillax'' b/c your application is in other as long as they did confirm of having received payment & documents of yours.
But if your application was made towards the month of MAY 3rd/4th week and completed (payment and sending documents+delivered), you may use the contact form to remind uni-assist as current processing time for applications from AFRICA on their web-page is 4weeks (http://www.uni-assist.de/news.html) and different regions which they have their applications have different processing times but in general they do state 4-6weeks. In other-words, in less busy periods, applications are treated quickly never mind any processing time(s).
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ramani237: 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
Don't Worry mate..that is how it is. I t won't change..you will just get a message at the end of the evaluation process on wether your application will be forwarded or not. As for the deadline, you are Ok. The deadline refers to the day by which your documents must have reached Uni Assist. So relax and take a bottle of beer. wink
Tinder:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by boboro1: 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.