Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,648 members, 7,820,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (912669 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by amb001: 1:46pm On May 25, 2016
Pls someone shd assist wt info on this. TUM requested that reference letters should b in sealed envelope. Does this entail dat the referee will afix seal/stamp across the flap of the envelope. Or is it just to seal wt gum.

Wat do they actually want here?

Bros/Baes dat hv successfully applied pls assist o. Really urgent. Thx!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 1:51pm On May 25, 2016
amb001:
Pls someone shd assist wt info on this. TUM requested that reference letters should b in sealed envelope. Does this entail dat the referee will afix seal/stamp across the flap of the envelope. Or is it just to seal wt gum.

Wat do they actually want here?

Bros/Baes dat hv successfully applied pls assist o. Really urgent. Thx!

It means he should stamp, and sign across the sealed envelope. That's what I did for mine.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chiznonso: 2:06pm On May 25, 2016
Pls who's in Aachen? By God's grace, wld be heading there
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chinok97: 2:21pm On May 25, 2016
Anyone here going for visa interview soon?.. Pls don't forget to share the experience, (if dere was a written test, and need for letter of motivation)...

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lobito007(m): 2:33pm On May 25, 2016
Time to brace up hustle. Bocked account minimum amount likely to increase any moment from now: http://www.internationale-studierende.de/en/prepare_your_studies/entry_into_germany/proof_of_financing/
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 2:45pm On May 25, 2016
The German authorities assume a certain minimum amount which you must have at your disposal each month. At the moment this lies at 670 Euro per month which comes to a total of 8,040 Euro for the first year of studies. However it is possible that proof of a higher amount might be asked for. Starting from autumn 2016 this figure will rise up to 8,820 Euro per academic year.
No wahala. God dey!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 3:14pm On May 25, 2016
adesbaba:
thanks williamso....do you know anyone having his or her msc in any business related course
No
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by amb001: 3:29pm On May 25, 2016
hadassaheke:

It means he should stamp, and sign across the sealed envelope. That's what I did for mine.

Thx Hadass...Done!!!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dolpaz: 4:59pm On May 25, 2016
Williamso:

No

Entschuldigung Williamso,

Du hast eine privat Nachrichten

Danke !

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by nefertitiram: 5:07pm On May 25, 2016
Hi guys,

Please I need advise.

I just got my visa today. My passport is in my maiden name but the visa was issued in my married name.

Will it affect my travelling? Do I need to go back to the embassy to change it? Will they charge me another visa fees?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dolpaz: 5:47pm On May 25, 2016
As at this afternoon.

The current Form A rate is 220/Euros

Reporting for Stanbic IBTC Bank

Let's keep the hope alive ! grin grin wink wink

Gemeinsam Sind Wir Starke = Together we are strong !

7 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Painpill: 6:23pm On May 25, 2016
chinok97:
Anyone here going for visa interview soon?.. Pls don't forget to share the experience, (if dere was a written test, and need for letter of motivation)...

I think the earliest dates for WS' 16 would be from July. Was booked for 2nd week of July, and yea, brace yourself for SOP cos it's in the new list of requirements. If that would replace the written test is what I don't know tho smiley
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zendman: 6:42pm On May 25, 2016
How fast do they approve their form A? my sister submitted at union bank but no response for the past 2 months cry
dolpaz:
As at this afternoon.

The current Form A rate is 220/Euros

Reporting for Stanbic IBTC Bank

Let's keep the hope alive ! grin grin wink wink

Gemeinsam Sind Wir Starke = Together we are strong !
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liftedkris: 7:12pm On May 25, 2016
zendman:
How fast do they approve their form A? my sister submitted at union bank but no response for the past 2 months cry
OMG 2months? Two months is crazy. Form A is what is still delaying my Visa up till now. I did in UnionBank too for almost 2wks but each time I call the Form A guy he tells me no forex in CBN. Which bank can do this form A thing faster pls. Suggestions needed
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dprinz99(m): 9:13pm On May 25, 2016
liftedkris:
OMG 2months? Two months is crazy. Form A is what is still delaying my Visa up till now. I did in UnionBank too for almost 2wks but each time I call the Form A guy he tells me no forex in CBN. Which bank can do this form A thing faster pls. Suggestions needed

same case here o
@sterling bank plc.sinx last week.
my deadline is on 6 06 2016
studienkolleg aufnametest.im short of words ooo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dolpaz: 10:04pm On May 25, 2016
With my findings..

Stanbic bank do have funds.. but they treat Form A in batches. Meaning it's not a FCFS thingy.

First bank is another jackpot. But their requirements can be killing. For guys waiting for over 2 months, why not try out these banks.

Also, I have seen success from Access bank and Diamond bank. They respond to Form A faster and within a shorter period.

My take. Any bank that delays you above 2 wks, you should think of another option/plan.

Am also tryna make some common sense... grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by BigDaddyKool(m): 11:08pm On May 25, 2016
Please anybody here in University of Ulm? Or can you connect me with someone you know there?

I just want to confirm if IELTS is compulsory for admission, cos I applied with a letter of English Language proficiency from the Ministry of Education.

I would have mailed the course coordinator or admissions office as i did in other schools i applied to, but University of Ulm has no emails of such in their official website.

Please any info to help out on this will be highly appreciated.

Danke!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kentenniel8(m): 1:46am On May 26, 2016
Pls any1 for Uni of Paderborn WS 2016? & also pls share ur visa interview experience. Can som1 pls assist wit experience on d test or likely questions? Tnx guys
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zendman: 5:42am On May 26, 2016
what are the requirements for first bank
dolpaz:
With my findings..

Stanbic bank do have funds.. but they treat Form A in batches. Meaning it's not a FCFS thingy.

First bank is another jackpot. But their requirements can be killing. For guys waiting for over 2 months, why not try out these banks.

Also, I have seen success from Access bank and Diamond bank. They respond to Form A faster and within a shorter period.

My take. Any bank that delays you above 2 wks, you should think of another option/plan.

Am also tryna make some common sense... grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by weirdarkhitekt(m): 5:44am On May 26, 2016
teeghost:

Wow!!! that means av miscalculated ooo, I guess it was the Bsc Int'l business they have for Winter because I have someone currently studying in the school, anyway, I'll confirm that, thank God I have applied for other schools and am still checking out for more..lol, Thanks A lot for the Info,

Concerning the program that's starting in Finland...which Visa is such person goin to apply for ..germany or finland

Sorry for my question ooo...

Finland seems more logical. But I'll simply ask the coordinators for advise after I get admitted
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ProfSamurai(m): 5:47am On May 26, 2016
I saw this on the face book page of Hochschule Rhein Waal

The financing of studies is one of the most difficult and important subjects that international students have to deal with. As early on as when you apply for a visa and a residence permit you must prove that you have enough financial means to finance your studies in Germany. At the moment the German authorities require proof that you have 8,040 Euro for one year of studies. Starting from autumn 2016 this figure will rise up to 8,820 Euro per academic year. This proof of financing is meant to ensure that international students can finance their studies themselves since they do not normally qualify for state help in Germany.
Even if you provide evidence of financing your financial worries are not yet over. In Germany, a budget of around 8,000 Euro per year will only allow you to lead a very modest lifestyle!
International students often have to go to work in order to finance their cost of living, but the amount of work they are allowed to do is restricted! Unfortunately financial difficulties are part of many international students' lives.

http://www.internationale-studierende.de/en/prepare_your_studies/financing/
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Williamso(m): 5:54am On May 26, 2016
dolpaz:

Entschuldigung Williamso,

Du hast eine privat Nachrichten

Danke !
Du hast keine Angst für den Antispamboter oder? Weil du in Deutsch schreibst... grin grin

That's not me on Facebook! I closed my account a while ago...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 6:22am On May 26, 2016
BigDaddyKool:
Please anybody here in University of Ulm? Or can you connect me with someone you know there?

I just want to confirm if IELTS is compulsory for admission, cos I applied with a letter of English Language proficiency from the Ministry of Education.

I would have mailed the course coordinator or admissions office as i did in other schools i applied to, but University of Ulm has no emails of such in their official website.

Danke!
What's the course?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by edibam(f): 7:06am On May 26, 2016
Hello forum. Been admitted for an MA course and have opened my blocked account and booked interview last week. pls I'll like 2knw if my transcript also serves as "proof of earlier studies" which is one of the docs required for interview. I do not have my BA cert yet. I have all other requirements. Thanks for your expected response.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 7:14am On May 26, 2016
BigDaddyKool:

Danke!
Hwfr? Abeg how did u get dis letter from ministry of education and in which state?tnx
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 7:16am On May 26, 2016
kentenniel8:
Pls any1 for Uni of Paderborn WS 2016? & also pls share ur visa interview experience. Can som1 pls assist wit experience on d test or likely questions? Tnx guys
@kentenniel8, what was your ielts score?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liftedkris: 7:20am On May 26, 2016
edibam:
Hello forum. Been admitted for an MA course and have opened my blocked account and booked interview last week. pls I'll like 2knw if my transcript also serves as "proof of earlier studies" which is one of the docs required for interview. I do not have my BA cert yet. I have all other requirements. Thanks for your expected response.
yes it serves

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchezdedon(m): 7:32am On May 26, 2016
Painpill:
While pretending this forex madness isn't getting to me....

Arranging my docs for visa interview this morning out of boredom I noticed they've added "Handwritten letter of motivation" as part of interview docs grin.... They are really changing it for us from all angles. WS15/SS16 guys did y'all do same?

*God still pass them sha.

There was only written test for Bsc. And non for Master. But I met one guy here who also told me he wrote maths test and letter of motivation.

But it still don't stop people from getting Visa. I wish you success...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by edibam(f): 7:32am On May 26, 2016
liftedkris:
yes it serves

Thanks a mill lipsrsealed
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ohakskid: 7:49am On May 26, 2016
House/futo guys, how can one go about dis (Description of subjects covered during your previous studies, e.g. syllabi) secondly since our certificate is in english any need of this certified translation?

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by liftedkris: 7:58am On May 26, 2016
edibam:

Thanks a mill lipsrsealed
but if I may ask y don't u have ur BA cert yet? Not even statement of result? U should prepare a solid defence about it on d day of interview. What did u use to get the admission? Only transcript?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hadassaheke(f): 8:27am On May 26, 2016
ohakskid:
House/futo guys, how can one go about dis (Description of subjects covered during your previous studies, e.g. syllabi) secondly since our certificate is in english any need of this certified translation?
Hi, Good morning. I graduated from FUTO too, I used my handbook, I listed out the courses I did from the handbook, and typed them. The was what I did for all the schools that I applied to.

Good luck!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (500)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.