Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

South Africa Vs North Cyprus - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa Vs North Cyprus (6388 Views)

Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus / North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Vs North Cyprus by btluv: 1:37am On Nov 10, 2010
I was given admission into a South African school and also a school in North Cyprus. I can afford the school fees for a year (Masters). But Before committing my life i want to know which of this two country is best for a students in terms of;
1. Friendly atmosphere
2. Job opportunities for studying students
3. Cost of living
Please just comment on the environ u know.
Thank you for your contribution(s) in advance
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by kheme(m): 11:58pm On Nov 10, 2010
Well btluv,

i've been in North Cyprus since march 2006 and so far, i can say the following:

1. It's a quite friendly place and the people here are some of the nicest people i know :-)
2. As for job opportunities, getting a job here is quite difficult, though if you have connections as usual, it would help. But the hours are long and the pay is just ok if you're working full time. but if you want to work and school at the same time, it's going to be difficult.
3. cost of living, i'd say is ok too. at least, for me. compared to Nigeria, certain items re pretty much about the same price after conversion.

Putting it all together, if you're looking for where to hustle while schooling, North Cyprus MIGHT not be the best place for you. as for SA, i have no idea about that place.

I'd advice you do a little more research on each place. Also, may i suggest this thread for you about nigerians living in cyprus

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-24054.0.html

i hope all this helps :-)
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by btluv: 12:50am On Nov 11, 2010
kheme:

Well btluv,

i've been in North Cyprus since march 2006 and so far, i can say the following:

1. It's a quite friendly place and the people here are some of the nicest people i know :-)
2. As for job opportunities, getting a job here is quite difficult, though if you have connections as usual, it would help. But the hours are long and the pay is just ok if you're working full time. but if you want to work and school at the same time, it's going to be difficult.
3. cost of living, i'd say is ok too. at least, for me. compared to Nigeria, certain items re pretty much about the same price after conversion.

Putting it all together, if you're looking for where to hustle while schooling, North Cyprus MIGHT not be the best place for you. as for SA, i have no idea about that place.

I'd advice you do a little more research on each place. Also, may i suggest this thread for you about nigerians living in cyprus

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-24054.0.html

i hope all this helps :-)
thanks i did appreciate your candid view and time to address to this,
am a graduate (UK) and a chartered accountant do u think i can get a job that will just maintain me pending the time i wrap up my program and head back to Niger, i really just want to exploit another country but can't rely on home
thanks again.
SA view still expecting,
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by RSA(m): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2010
SA faces shortage of qualified accountants
South Africa's financial management and auditing sector is searching in vain for 22 030 qualified accountants, the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) said on Wednesday.

The institute said a total of 22 030 accountants were needed immediately.
http://www.mg.co.za/article/2008-11-05-sa-faces-shortage-of-qualified-accountants

Accountants like gold dust in South Africa

South Africa’s unemployment rate stands at 23.5% and is rising as the economic slowdown takes hold. Those who do have jobs are increasingly resigned to flat salaries and in some cases pay cuts. But qualified chartered accountants defy the trend: not only are they guaranteed a job but they can demand high salaries and two-figure annual increases.

The financial crisis has heightened the demand for accountants’ services and their rarity value seems to be increasing, recruiters say, as many are still choosing to work abroad and not enough students qualify and take their place.
http://news.efinancialcareers.co.za/News_ITEM/newsItemId-19835

Basedon this my friend you're in demand in SA.But whether the place will be friendly for you depend entirely on you.You'll definetely afford to live a very confortable life.
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by btluv: 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2010
RSA:

SA faces shortage of qualified accountants
South Africa's financial management and auditing sector is searching in vain for 22 030 qualified accountants, the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) said on Wednesday.

The institute said a total of 22 030 accountants were needed immediately.
http://www.mg.co.za/article/2008-11-05-sa-faces-shortage-of-qualified-accountants

Accountants like gold dust in South Africa

South Africa’s unemployment rate stands at 23.5% and is rising as the economic slowdown takes hold. Those who do have jobs are increasingly resigned to flat salaries and in some cases pay cuts. But qualified chartered accountants defy the trend: not only are they guaranteed a job but they can demand high salaries and two-figure annual increases.

The financial crisis has heightened the demand for accountants’ services and their rarity value seems to be increasing, recruiters say, as many are still choosing to work abroad and not enough students qualify and take their place.
http://news.efinancialcareers.co.za/News_ITEM/newsItemId-19835

Basedon this my friend you're in demand in SA.But whether the place will be friendly for you depend entirely on you.You'll definetely afford to live a very confortable life.
Thanks for this incisive view. am indeed very grateful.
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by aealexandrou: 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2012
North Cyprus is not a country and its institutions are not recognised internationally. It is an area of Cyprus that was invaded, occupied and ethnically cleansed by the Turks in 1974. The local authority in the occupied area is considered a servant agency of the Turkey.

I strongly recommend that if you opt for South Africa, which is a recognised state and whose institutions, including educational establishment, are not tainted and used as political tools to beat the Cypriots into surrendering half their island.
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by wip7: 6:57am On Feb 28, 2012
aealexandrou:

North Cyprus is not a country and its institutions are not recognised internationally. It is an area of Cyprus that was invaded, occupied and ethnically cleansed by the Turks in 1974. The local authority in the occupied area is considered a servant agency of the Turkey.

I strongly recommend that if you opt for South Africa, which is a recognised state and whose institutions, including educational establishment, are not tainted and used as political tools to beat the Cypriots into surrendering half their island.

I laugh in roman figures and Greek. Kindly have a look at Eastern Mediterranean University North Cyprus with world wide accreditation and international recognition, highly ranked in the world as 1025 best university (Webometrics ranking). http://emuinafrica..com/
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by sunky644(m): 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2012
@OP, Sorry to change the topic.
@Wip7, Suxes2006 referred me to u that u can give me info on Germany generally And what to expect if one is to go for a Ph.D there. Kindly come to Germany thread to do justice to this, waiting bro,
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by aealexandrou: 12:56pm On Mar 05, 2012
In your dreams Wip7 or should that be "from the Univerisity of the Turkish Occupied part of Northern Cyprus teaching from land stolen from Greek Cypriots ethnically cleansed by Turkey and kept out by military force". EdExcell may not care who it deals with, but every student to this establishment will have the honour of knowing that he/she has contributed and participated in this ethnically cleansing for the sake of a dubious diploma that the student could not otherwise have obtained a legitimate venue.
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by wip7: 7:34pm On Mar 05, 2012
aealexandrou:

In your dreams Wip7 or should that be "from the Univerisity of the Turkish Occupied part of Northern Cyprus teaching from land stolen from Greek Cypriots ethnically cleansed by Turkey and kept out by military force". EdExcell may not care who it deals with, but every student to this establishment will have the honour of knowing that he/she has contributed and participated in this ethnically cleansing for the sake of a dubious diploma that the student could not otherwise have obtained a legitimate venue.
grin grin grin grin Atleast NO institution in the south Cyprus can compete with EMU hmmmmm or you have? mention 5 of them and provide links to their ranking and accreditation cry cry cry Whether the land is stolen or occupied is not my point now, my point is that The institution are highly ranked and recognized world wide compared to the FLAT-Like or room-like institutions in unstolen land.
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by aealexandrou: 11:43am On Mar 06, 2012
With respect I am familiar how accreditation works and how it can be manipulated and obtained. Bearing in mind your boasting, why is it that you refer to a 'south Cyprus' when there is no such legal entity. There is a Republic of Cyprus, created in 1960 whose sovereignty, territorial integrity and constitution was and should be guaranteed by Turkey. Clearly your accreditation does not extend to law, politics and geography. If you are so quick to spread Turkish propaganda in this forum I dread to think what it would be like at the campus.

What do you mean "Whether the land is stolen or occupied is not my point now" and your comparison to "Flat-Like or room like institutions in unstolen land". What type of immoral comment is that? What right to you have to go on someone else's land, build on it, use it as your own and then invite innocent students to participate in your dishonest appropriation? What right do you have to sneer at institutions that have to pay for the land they are working from? If you can be so dishonest and immoral over such important issues, moral, ethical and legal, what faith can anyone have in your accreditations and the rest of what you do and teach on this stolen land.

Your willingness to boast about your theft and the obvious immoral and illegal practices you so willingly engage in speaks volumes about you and your establishment and should be a warning to all students considering the Turkish occupied north of Cyprus for their further education.

Such students should also bear in mind that the legal system in the occupied area also has the same immoral and illegal concepts and anyone seeking redress in the occupied area for anything that can happen whilst they are studying there, including issues with its politically supported educational establishments, are likely to get short shrift.
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by wip7: 12:40pm On Mar 06, 2012
aealexandrou:

With respect I am familiar how accreditation works and how it can be manipulated and obtained. Bearing in mind your boasting, why is it that you refer to a 'south Cyprus' when there is no such legal entity. There is a Republic of Cyprus, created in 1960 whose sovereignty, territorial integrity and constitution was and should be guaranteed by Turkey. Clearly your accreditation does not extend to law, politics and geography. If you are so quick to spread Turkish propaganda in this forum I dread to think what it would be like at the campus.

What do you mean "Whether the land is stolen or occupied is not my point now" and your comparison to "Flat-Like or room like institutions in unstolen land". What type of immoral comment is that? What right to you have to go on someone else's land, build on it, use it as your own and then invite innocent students to participate in your dishonest appropriation? What right do you have to sneer at institutions that have to pay for the land they are working from? If you can be so dishonest and immoral over such important issues, moral, ethical and legal, what faith can anyone have in your accreditations and the rest of what you do and teach on this stolen land.

Your willingness to boast about your theft and the obvious immoral and illegal practices you so willingly engage in speaks volumes about you and your establishment and should be a warning to all students considering the Turkish occupied north of Cyprus for their further education.

Such students should also bear in mind that the legal system in the occupied area also has the same immoral and illegal concepts and anyone seeking redress in the occupied area for anything that can happen whilst they are studying there, including issues with its politically supported educational establishments, are likely to get short shrift.

cry cry hmmmm my question was; kindly provide the ranking and accreditation links of south Cyprus institution cry cry cry
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by aealexandrou: 1:04pm On Mar 06, 2012
Like water of a backs duck. I refer to your immorality and illegality. I question your accreditation and what you teach. What do you reply?
"hmmmm my question was; kindly provide the ranking and accreditation links of south Cyprus institution".

The question has no answer because it is based on the immoral, illegal and perverse existence of your institution and the willingness of those who own/operate and participate in its activities. It cannot be compared with any Universities in Cyprus or the rest of the world. You have to go back to the dark ages of apartheid in South Africa to find a comparable, namely an educational institution created and operated on the basis of supporting a bigoted and racist regime dedicated to ethnic and religious cleansing/division.

With every post you demonstrate the immoral world that you inhabit and through which your institution seeks to infect the rest of the world.
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by wip7: 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2012
grin LOL grin grin i am laughing in Greek language now!
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by collinsfbi(m): 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2012

I wonder if I actually understand the basis for your argument, looking at your responses so far on this thread, they add no value rather than derailing the focus and the purpose of the thread. Either North Cyprus is a country or not, I don't think that is main purpose of this thread, your argument is derailing the thread pls try and apply some sense of maturity.

Gbammm over and out
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by collinsfbi(m): 2:51pm On Mar 06, 2012
The question has no answer because it is based on the immoral, illegal and perverse existence of your institution and the willingness of those who own/operate and participate in its activities. It cannot be compared with any Universities in Cyprus or the rest of the world. You have to go back to the dark ages of apartheid in South Africa to find a comparable, namely an educational institution created and operated on the basis of supporting a bigoted and racist regime dedicated to ethnic and religious cleansing/division.

With every post you demonstrate the immoral world that you inhabit and through which your institution seeks to infect the rest of the world.

Sincerely, i don't know where you are coming from but i am highly interested in where you are going with this comment.

Gbammm over and out
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by aealexandrou: 4:08pm On Mar 06, 2012
The initial question from an interested student is whether to study in South Africa or the Turkish occupied area of northern Cyprus. My advice for what it is worth, is that the student should go to South Africa or anywhere else other than the Turkish occupied northern area of Cyprus.
I give notice of my interest in the subject as I am a Cypriot whose family was ethnically cleansed during the Turkish invasion and occupation of the northern part of the island of Cyprus in July 1974. At that time there were about 200,000 Greek/Christian Cypriots and approximately 60,000 Turkish Cypriots. Following what was a savage invasion virtually all the Greek/Christian Cypriots were forced out. In addition Turkey required the Turkish Cypriots living outside of the occupied area (about 50,000) to relocate to the north where they were given the homes of the refugees. Turkish Cypriots who owned land in the free areas were required by the Turkish authorities to exchange their legitimate land for stolen land. The other refugee homes where distributed to Turkish soldiers and mainland Turks.
My family’s homes are situated in a village close to where the Eastern Mediterranean University (“EMU”) is situated. Although EMU is not built on my families home, it is built on land stolen from other Greek/Christian refugees.
If it is of any interest, I have met the Turkish Cypriot and his family living in one of our homes. A very nice gentleman, who has been happy to live in a rent free home following the ethnic cleansing and who was ready to confirm that he was happy to be rehoused in the event the Turkish occupation is resolved. I have seen the other gentlemen living in our other house. He is from the Turkish mainland, would not give me access to our house and not happy to speak to me at all. I do not believe he has any intention of moving out voluntarily. I am also told by some of the Turkish Cypriots in the village that some of the older houses were demolished to stop more mainland Turks from moving into the village, as they are of a different culture, have different affiliations and support pro-Turkish mainland political parties. The two do not mix. There is also a heavy concentration of Turkish military personnel in an around the village who have commandeered some of the better houses. The local Churches have been desecration, with the older church gutted and the newer church used for other undisclosed purposes.
The EMU is a collaboration between the Turkish Government and its agency in occupied Cyprus and created specifically for the purpose of raising foreign revenue and promoting the occupied area. It is built on a lie and also built on stolen land.
In a soft coup in 1983 the Turkish Cypriot leader, Rauf Denktash, in conjunction with the Turkish Army forced a midnight vote of all the Turkish Cypriot politicians and under some barely concealed threats forced a vote declaring the occupied area an independent republic. No one recognises this declaration, which was deemed illegal by the United Nations.
Accordingly the occupied area is an illegal entity. It is not recognised by the UN, EU or any of the international courts. It is merely seen as a local agency for Turkey. Any certificates, etc., issued by that agency have no legal standing in international law.
As stated above the whole thing is built on a lie and as can be seen by my exchange of posts with Wip7, that lie and the illegal nature of the occupied area is not argued with at all. Wip7 can only avoid the issues I have raised and make sarcastic remarks, which only evidences his shortcomings.
As for EMU itself, it is an institution whose managers and employees are required to support the regimes illegal status. Having been built on stolen land and representing an illegal regime it is founded on lies and requires those behind it to be extremely flexible with the truth and their conduct.
It has also been marred with trouble. There have been mobbing and bulling at EMU, particularly against the foreign faculty and students.
Because it is a money making operation the students at EMU it attracts and geared to attract are those less qualified than one would expect and who perhaps could not afford fees of a reputable institution elsewhere.
Those students are at risk and even if they experience no difficulties then, if successful will have a certificate from a university situate in a no-mans land with no legal status in the world. A place which at the drop of a hat can disappear from the atlas e.g because of something happening in Turkey, a settlement, etc.
Imagine a student turning up in Greece or the free areas of Cyprus in years to come brandishing his diploma from the EMU. In Cyprus he would immediately be at risk of imprisonment and or a fine, whilst in Greece of deportation. How would that student’s CV read to prospective employers and managers who have a little knowledge about what happened in Cyprus and would not necessarily be overjoyed at the prospect of employing an individual who went out of his way to study in a military occupied area, whose natural inhabitants had been ethnically cleansed.
Foreign students also have to be careful not to get into trouble as they have little or no rights in an occupied area where the law is not slavishly followed and power is often in the hands of the military and or persons who have connections.
In addition it does not benefit the Turkish Cypriots. Turkey has been colonising the area with mainland Turks, who now outnumber the Turkish Cypriots. More recently the Turkish EU minister has commented as to the possibility of Turkey annexing the occupied area. Demonstrators in the occupied area in 2011 against Turkish rule were quickly branded as ungrateful traitors to Turkey and now live in considerable fear as Turkey is known for its human right abuses.
Accordingly I have not moved away from the subject. I strongly recommend against travelling to the occupied area, whether to go to university, set up business or even for a holiday. It is an immoral and illegally activity, which will stay with such travelers throughout their lives and may come back to haunt them in different ways in the future.
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by wip7: 7:06am On Mar 07, 2012
aealexandrou:

The initial question from an interested student is whether to study in South Africa or the Turkish occupied area of northern Cyprus. My advice for what it is worth, is that the student should go to South Africa or anywhere else other than the Turkish occupied northern area of Cyprus.
I give notice of my interest in the subject as I am a Cypriot whose family was ethnically cleansed during the Turkish invasion and occupation of the northern part of the island of Cyprus in July 1974. At that time there were about 200,000 Greek/Christian Cypriots and approximately 60,000 Turkish Cypriots. Following what was a savage invasion virtually all the Greek/Christian Cypriots were forced out. In addition Turkey required the Turkish Cypriots living outside of the occupied area (about 50,000) to relocate to the north where they were given the homes of the refugees. Turkish Cypriots who owned land in the free areas were required by the Turkish authorities to exchange their legitimate land for stolen land. The other refugee homes where distributed to Turkish soldiers and mainland Turks.
My family’s homes are situated in a village close to where the Eastern Mediterranean University (“EMU”) is situated. Although EMU is not built on my families home, it is built on land stolen from other Greek/Christian refugees.
If it is of any interest, I have met the Turkish Cypriot and his family living in one of our homes. A very nice gentleman, who has been happy to live in a rent free home following the ethnic cleansing and who was ready to confirm that he was happy to be rehoused in the event the Turkish occupation is resolved. I have seen the other gentlemen living in our other house. He is from the Turkish mainland, would not give me access to our house and not happy to speak to me at all. I do not believe he has any intention of moving out voluntarily. I am also told by some of the Turkish Cypriots in the village that some of the older houses were demolished to stop more mainland Turks from moving into the village, as they are of a different culture, have different affiliations and support pro-Turkish mainland political parties. The two do not mix. There is also a heavy concentration of Turkish military personnel in an around the village who have commandeered some of the better houses. The local Churches have been desecration, with the older church gutted and the newer church used for other undisclosed purposes.
The EMU is a collaboration between the Turkish Government and its agency in occupied Cyprus and created specifically for the purpose of raising foreign revenue and promoting the occupied area. It is built on a lie and also built on stolen land.
In a soft coup in 1983 the Turkish Cypriot leader, Rauf Denktash, in conjunction with the Turkish Army forced a midnight vote of all the Turkish Cypriot politicians and under some barely concealed threats forced a vote declaring the occupied area an independent republic. No one recognises this declaration, which was deemed illegal by the United Nations.
Accordingly the occupied area is an illegal entity. It is not recognised by the UN, EU or any of the international courts. It is merely seen as a local agency for Turkey. Any certificates, etc., issued by that agency have no legal standing in international law.
As stated above the whole thing is built on a lie and as can be seen by my exchange of posts with Wip7, that lie and the illegal nature of the occupied area is not argued with at all. Wip7 can only avoid the issues I have raised and make sarcastic remarks, which only evidences his shortcomings.
As for EMU itself, it is an institution whose managers and employees are required to support the regimes illegal status. Having been built on stolen land and representing an illegal regime it is founded on lies and requires those behind it to be extremely flexible with the truth and their conduct.
It has also been marred with trouble. There have been mobbing and bulling at EMU, particularly against the foreign faculty and students.
Because it is a money making operation the students at EMU it attracts and geared to attract are those less qualified than one would expect and who perhaps could not afford fees of a reputable institution elsewhere.
Those students are at risk and even if they experience no difficulties then, if successful will have a certificate from a university situate in a no-mans land with no legal status in the world. A place which at the drop of a hat can disappear from the atlas e.g because of something happening in Turkey, a settlement, etc.
Imagine a student turning up in Greece or the free areas of Cyprus in years to come brandishing his diploma from the EMU. In Cyprus he would immediately be at risk of imprisonment and or a fine, whilst in Greece of deportation. How would that student’s CV read to prospective employers and managers who have a little knowledge about what happened in Cyprus and would not necessarily be overjoyed at the prospect of employing an individual who went out of his way to study in a military occupied area, whose natural inhabitants had been ethnically cleansed.
Foreign students also have to be careful not to get into trouble as they have little or no rights in an occupied area where the law is not slavishly followed and power is often in the hands of the military and or persons who have connections.
In addition it does not benefit the Turkish Cypriots. Turkey has been colonising the area with mainland Turks, who now outnumber the Turkish Cypriots. More recently the Turkish EU minister has commented as to the possibility of Turkey annexing the occupied area. Demonstrators in the occupied area in 2011 against Turkish rule were quickly branded as ungrateful traitors to Turkey and now live in considerable fear as Turkey is known for its human right abuses.
Accordingly I have not moved away from the subject. I strongly recommend against travelling to the occupied area, whether to go to university, set up business or even for a holiday. It is an immoral and illegally activity, which will stay with such travelers throughout their lives and may come back to haunt them in different ways in the future.

I have heard you the land is stolen, dashed, given and occupied grin grin grin Students are interested in studying at university with good ranking, standard accreditation, world recognized membership, serene campus environment with state of art facilities, top-notch lecturers coupled with enabling environment void of RACISM and nonchalant attitude from the immigration and citizens. EMU is able to provide the above mentioned qualities compared to any other institution in South Cyprus so why will student choose South Cyprus university cos you claimed the land is stolen when 85% of the institutions there are just one or two-rooms classes e. g MK city college, Intercollege, America college etc.

How will you feel when you leave your country let say Nigeria to 3 class room university or college? the institution painted and designed bogus website to lure students in just to claim the land is not stolen, student parent or sponsor suffered alot to raise money, paid 6000-8700euros as most institution charge in South Cyprus, student traveled down to SC and found out the college they paid for at 6000euros is just 3 class rooms (inside the 3 class rooms we have lecture class, admin office, registrar office, hostel angry sad sad) , most of these students from Nigeria are psychologically derailed due to the situation they found themselves. I cited Nigeria as example as such kind of 3-class room institution is just study center in Nigeria and in most countries but it turned out to be university or college in SC with exorbitant charges.

Not only that, the immigration police and citizens are so hostile to the students from foreign countries with collaboration with the class-room like institution in SC , example if a student do not pay his/her fees in time, maybe waiting for fees at home, the institution report to immigration and such student will be bullied from his/her to the station just because of fees. its unfair and that shows the class room based institution are out for just business at all cost.

Unfortunately each semester more than 100 students transferred from the SC to the NC due to the above mentioned situation coupled with the fact that all the 3-classrooms based universities or colleges are not recognized or poorly ranked with NO facilities nor accreditation. If they do kindly provide the links embarassed embarassed SC is recruiting students to study medicine unfortunately Intercollege and American college that will educate students in medical field are just two storey buildings, so where is the medical facilities in one classroom based college, where is hospital, clinics etc

unfortunately for you, i have access to both SC and NC and i do visit all time, i took my time to check out all the institution in SC i do feel embarrass as a country like SC are boosting of such kiosks or 2 storey buildings as institution is really bad. I can upload some of the pictures of 10 institution in SC for you here with full description if you want. This will really show my point. I am insider so i know so much hmmmm unfortunately you dont know my citizenship shocked

We are not interested in the stolen land as the poster required for destination to study in friendly environment with top-notch facilities but SC does not match am sorry, if SC do, kindly provide the ranking, accreditation and membership links of SC institution here

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by DualCore1: 10:08pm On Mar 10, 2012
How can I ban these guys above me? angry

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by aealexandrou: 10:50am On Mar 12, 2012
I repeat, the initial question was whether to study in South Africa or the Turkish occupied area of northern Cyprus. It is not a comparison between the politically motivated and money making EMU and the small private colleges in the free areas of Cyprus. Neither can you ignore the legal and moral issues of not only studying in the Turkish occupied area of Cyprus but doing so on land that you know has been illegally appropriated from its ethnically cleansed owners.
btluv should also note that Win7 in seeking to promote the occupied area of Cyprus paints of picture of peace, tranquility and racial tolerance, which is completely untrue. Win7 seeks to avoid the issue of ethnic cleansing and using stolen land by admitting and brushing it to one side as if it were nothing and justifies the same by a politically motivated reference and propaganda to purported limited facilities he states exists in the free areas of Cyprus, which was never the issue being debated. Neither can Win7 deny the mobbing and bulling at EMU, particularly against the foreign faculty and students, but as he cannot brush that to one side with his politically motivated propaganda here merely ignores it completely and puts forward an obvious untruth of racial harmony.
This highlights another difference between South Africa and the Turkish occupied part of north Cyprus. Whatever the shortcomings of South Africa, you know what you are getting, now and in the future. In the Turkish occupied area of Cyprus you do not know what you are getting because the regime and the university are geared towards the promotion of illegality and the suppression of the truth, whether that truth relates to Cyprus in general or the university's real situation, including the treatment suffered by its non-Turkic staff and students.
My apologies to Dual Core, although I cannot see that he has added anything to the question raised by btluv.
Re: South Africa Vs North Cyprus by wip7: 7:01am On Mar 13, 2012
hmmmmm grin land stolen and land hijacked grin my question is this list the names of 10 institution in SC, provide the links to their accreditation, ranking and probably the pictures of the university and the charges. Then this will encourage or discourage students intending to study at SC to go further or rethink. Since you cant provide such link then kindly forget about SC. Will you advise any student to study in SC? I asked just little question but you always talk about land stolen. Seems you have not job ever since your land has been stolen. try get some jobs pls and let face reality.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get To Ikoyi From Oshodi? ? / Bus Fare From Osun State (ile Ife) To Lagos / 5 Actions To Take When In An Automobile Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.