Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun (33684 Views)

Buhari Hasn’t Apologised To Senate – Presidency / Saraki Trial: APC Will Not Cede Senate Presidency To Opposition – Oyegun / Intrigues Over Senate Presidency: Ndume, Ekweremadu, Adamu Eye Saraki’s Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:49pm On Apr 16, 2016
National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun says the party is “also planning” to checkmate plans by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to take over the Senate Presidency should Bukola Saraki be removed from the position in view of his current trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT.
He however pointed out that in an event his party forfeits the exalted position to the PDP, that may be the sacrifice it would have to pay for Change.

Speaking in an interview with Premium Times, Oyegun said: “We don’t take anything for granted. As they (PDP) are planning, we are also planning. The situation is under control. The whole situation is unfortunate but it is real.”

“Well, I don’t think we will lose that position. But sometimes, for change to take place there is price you have to pay. So losing the position may be sacrifice for change.”

While ruling out the use of political solution to address Saraki’s prosecution over false assets declaration charges, he asked, “What political situation in a legal matter? Are the judges politicians?” adding that “The President is certainly not the type who will interfere in a judicial matter. I think we know him well. Everybody must know him. Things must be done normally. And that is part of the change mantra that we must play by the rule so that we don’t truncate processes.”

The APC boss continued: “People don’t seem to internalize what change is. If the President says “court, free that man”, the same president can say ‘court, imprison that man.’ Is that the Nigeria you want? No! Change means allowing the law to take the proper course. I can tell you the President won’t interfere. The President is straight definite, straight and firm in all facets.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/16/losing-senate-presidency-seat-may-be-apcs-sacrifice-for-change-oyegun/?utm_source=dp_twt&utm_medium=twitter

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by agarawu23(m): 6:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
We are watching cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by ProfessorXX(m): 6:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
Did I hear him say change?

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by Aygem(m): 6:53pm On Apr 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 16, 2016
APC is definitely behind Saraki's trial. For the sake of peace they should just forgive and forget. To err is human

26 Likes

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by sammyj: 6:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
Saraki should have respected himself before this gets out of hand!!! cool

11 Likes

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by LadyMessi(f): 6:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
Am just observing.
Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by rusher14: 6:56pm On Apr 16, 2016
sanky346:
APC is definitely behind Saraki's trial. For the sake of peace they should just forgive and forget. To err is human

Saraki should forgive Kwara people.

Return their money.

Pay depositors of the old Société Générale Bank.

Then we can start talking about his restitution.

186 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by tempex88(m): 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2016
I don't care about Saraki or any politician. I just want a good environment to live, workand do business. They can continue playing their politics.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2016
Despite being an APC fan, I think I prefer to see Ekweremadu or another PDP man on that seat to Saraki.. I don't like that guy

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by Pidggin(f): 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2016
sanky346:

It's a witch hunt

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by Ratello: 7:04pm On Apr 16, 2016
sammyj:
Saraki should have respect himself before this gets out of hand!!! cool
Too late Buddy.... Damn too late for Saraki trust me Saraki's case has long been concluded at least going by the submission of Oyegun. The arrogant bastard don't deserve my pity nor any reasonable person's pity. Saraki will leave that seat this month. 18th April come quickly......

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by midolian(m): 7:05pm On Apr 16, 2016
Pidggin:

It's a witch hunt
who cares if he is being witch-hunted or why he is bn 'witch-hunted'? The question is "is he guilty of the charges against him?" If "yes", let him face it..If "NO", let him still face it.

"it doesn't matter who or what killed the witch, the most important thing is for the witch to die".

Cc: Modath

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by modath(f): 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
midolian:
who cares if he is being witch-hunted or why he is bn 'witch-hunted'? The question is "is he guilty of the charges against him?" If "yes", let him face it..If "NO", let him still face it.

"it doesn't matter who or what killed the witch, the most important thing is for the witch to die".

Cc: Mo

Yes boss!!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2016
Amazing
Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 16, 2016
sanky346:
To err is human
To atone is also human.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2016
Pidggin:

It's a witch hunt
So when did you start liking witches?

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by Luckylife(m): 8:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
We don't need that type of sacrifice .fulfilling all the campaign promises is enough sacrifices we want. Least I forget stop blaming everything when APC fail and fight corruption without fear or favour. No sacred cow citizens in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
When the courts said release dasuki on bail, why did the president say no?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by seyema(m): 8:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by Ptoocool(m): 8:22pm On Apr 16, 2016
Oh, I can see Mr. Lie in that picshure,,therefore, I can boldly say everything said in that gathering na LIE,, grin

For those claiming Saraki's case na winch hunt,,even if your Saraki turn wizard, we go still wizard hunt am,, nonsense n' ingredient,,

6 Likes

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by 989900: 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2016
rusher14:

Saraki should forgive Kwara people.

Return their money.

Pay depositors of the old Société Générale Bank.

Then we can start talking about his restitution.

#epic

BTW, Oyegun just subliminally 'triggered' animosity/covetousness against Saraki from the PDP camp . . . he understands the insatiable greed resident in his co-politicians.

Barter time: Saraki's head for the SP seat; PDP will disown Saraki in a heartbeat!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by macino1(m): 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2016
What happens to Saraki is not important to Nigerians. What Nigerians will consider as sacrifice is when PMB, You Mr. Chairman decide to fly economy class, reduce convoy, forfeit allowances, etc in other for us (Nigerians) to get fuel, security, power, etc

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by Beehshorp(m): 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2016
what has buhari don so far...
Arrest Kanu and disobey court orders
Arrest Dasuki and disobey court orders
Arrest Zakzakky after the injustice meted on his people..thesame people that voted himand also refuse to release him
Chase Metuh all over the country
Chase dokpesi also
Chase Saraki and hunt him

And he allowed Tinubu, ameashit, fashola, to roam about cos they are in the ruling party and they are all saints and also cos they are not agents of the "so-called" change

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by kennyman2000(m): 8:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by ednut1(m): 8:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
Usa nd their junior bros UK try o. by shoving democracy in our ass. in this clime democracy no fit work. APC/PDP jst dey use our brains

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by Monimatic(m): 8:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
grin grin grin

APC the only party in the world that is a ruling party and an opposition party at the same time

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by Keystonn: 8:25pm On Apr 16, 2016
While ruling out the use of political solution to address Saraki’s prosecution over false assets declaration charges, he asked, “What political situation in a legal matter? Are the judges politicians?” adding that “The President is certainly not the type who will interfere in a judicial matter. I think we know him well. Everybody must know him. Things must be done normally. And that is part of the change mantra that we must play by the rule so that we don’t truncate processes.”

The APC boss continued: “People don’t seem to internalize what change is. If the President says “court, free that man”, the same president can say ‘court, imprison that man.’ Is that the Nigeria you want? No! Change means allowing the law to take the proper course. I can tell you the President won’t interfere. The President is straight definite, straight and firm in all facets.”

So what happened in metuh , dasuki and nnamdi kanu case ?
Apc and hypocrisy

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by Xtracoool(m): 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2016
GOATandYAMtheory:

But Nnamdi Kanu and Dasuki are continously being held illegally. Hypocrites angry

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Losing Senate Presidency Seat May Be Apc’s Sacrifice For Change – Oyegun by shaddoww: 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan With Wounded Soldiers & Displaced Persons (Photos) / President Jonathan’s Achievements In Infographics / Buhari Weighs Return Options, Backs Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.