Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,625 members, 7,770,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:45 PM

6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With (25478 Views)

Just Finished Nysc And Live In Lagos? Need A Job? / 18 Pictures That Prospective Stream 2 Corpers Will Relate To / Girl Who Just Finished NYSC Shares The Job Condition A Man Gave Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by badblackman(m): 10:56am On Apr 17, 2016
I been wan write who e elp but I I guess Ill be wrong
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by FriendlyDeji: 10:57am On Apr 17, 2016
For the underprivileged lot, it's going to be a run of very cold nights and hot days. Expectations of them, are going to be high, and the best thing for any of them would be to engage in any enterprising ventures; be it sales or service. It'd be very frustrating to be looking for a non-existent job (almost), and before any job arrives, the stipends accruing from this business would help a lot.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by akanbiaa(m): 10:58am On Apr 17, 2016
MrSmith007:
Exactly my thoughts.. wats the excitment about rounding up the programme. This is when frustration sets in, if somehow yu dont land a job.
Especially if they wait endlessly for several years, my advice they should start small even if its 10k job not far from house.
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by makay200(m): 11:01am On Apr 17, 2016
hmmmm...am afraid poo
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by olubenjazzy(m): 11:02am On Apr 17, 2016
Seriously God bless you for posting this.

And going tru some comments here is really more eye opening

You guys are great

#love u all
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 17, 2016
your points are indeed valid, many can relate to these.
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by gradeA(m): 11:11am On Apr 17, 2016
lordthree:
[size=15pt]Before anyone starts panicking, cause they've just finished NYSC and have to face reality, I'm just going to say you should remember what will be will be, don't over think cause God already has a plan, no matter the planning you do as a human, God's plan superceeds all. [/size]

Exactly. op no need to put fear in this fresh ones. The sky is so big for all birds to fly. Please don't be negative. It's not a law that you have to suffer before you make it. Please be hopeful, be proactive, don't be lazy and always expect the best. Ofcourse never relegate your Creator.

Abi those wey make am for this same economy get 2 heads?

6 Likes

Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by Emmafe(m): 11:14am On Apr 17, 2016
emymeeky:
grin When I see pictures of corpers flying around the social media showing off their NYSC certificate , at some time , I began to wonder if it is an employment letter they are showing off .

My advise to prospective corpers is to engage in any skill acquisition . As the OP rightly said , the world is not a bed of roses . You may not know where your skill will lead you to .

I missed my service year but I didn't fail to utilize my time at home . By God's grace , I'll be serving this year meanwhile I'm already earning an average of #300,000 monthly sitting at home and blogging .

Discover your passion and every other thing shall be added into you !

Woah that's cool, m still in 300l also earn close to that n invest my money on things that will give me a desired future. I bliv early planner and hustler make it early. It's better the hustle starts as an undergraduate, after scul hustle is out of frustration most tyms. My 2cents

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by samx4real(m): 11:28am On Apr 17, 2016
Life done start be that oh!
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by emymeeky: 11:30am On Apr 17, 2016
Emmafe:
Woah that's cool, m still in 300l also earn close to that n invest my money on things that will give me a desired future. I bliv early planner and hustler make it early. It's better the hustle starts as an undergraduate, after scul hustle is out of frustration most tyms. My 2cents

Exactly. The faster you become more realistic about life , the better grounded you are to face any challenge

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by freemile2ru: 11:35am On Apr 17, 2016
A child in SS1 shouldn't be scared cos his seniors are failing waec. He should only take measures not to find himself in the same place. Things will fall in place as time goes on.

6 Likes

Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by kingsleyjando(m): 11:50am On Apr 17, 2016
Very apparent facts . Buh , with God , all things are possible.
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by Addict000(m): 12:08pm On Apr 17, 2016
noted
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by seunspet(m): 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2016
The part you that you said,you cannot even toast again is so truth,you loose confident in everything, I have pass try it before, but thank God for raising me from grass to grace.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by Kelechi2020(m): 12:13pm On Apr 17, 2016
doskie:
I always tell young guys. at all at all if things too bad, enter lagos island and start to drive one of this rich men. don't allow them know you are a graduate else they will scatter your plans and make it difficult to live. by that....

1. you can afford small change like 40- 50k to pay for internet, browse, apply,

2. by carrying him and returning the car, you are seeing other ideas and ways of making money that will be better than sitting at home hoping to get help

3. the money you saved all through your life before pop. you can know ways of investing it. go to construction companies like hitech and apply to supply materials

4. you meet educated rich influenced nigerians in the rich mans house who may help you with vital information. my guy started like that. he read biz admin. todat hes a driver in mobil. 250k

5. you dont pay transport. sometimes they feed you. you can take weekend courses that will improve your profile. but the trouble is in getting chance on week days to write exams and interviews. you have to find a way around that.

6. as long ad youve left the house, your moral wont be as down. you will meet other hustling guys and you can still be happy. opportunities you dont plan for meet you when you have made a move to go outside. I cant sit here and write everything that can happen. buy sitting at home kills the spirit. makes you sad. cant even toast girls again. just go out.

#realism.....

The truth hurts though,i attest to the chyking girls part..

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 17, 2016
emymeeky:
grin When I see pictures of corpers flying around the social media showing off their NYSC certificate , at some time , I began to wonder if it is an employment letter they are showing off .

My advise to prospective corpers is to engage in any skill acquisition . As the OP rightly said , the world is not a bed of roses . You may not know where your skill will lead you to .

I missed my service year but I didn't fail to utilize my time at home . By God's grace , I'll be serving this year meanwhile I'm already earning an average of #300,000 monthly sitting at home and blogging .

Brother, I have PM'd you. Pls let's communicate.
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by Emmafe(m): 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2016
emymeeky:

Exactly. The faster you become more realistic about life , the better grounded you are to face any challenge
Can we discuss lil abt blog, having lil prob now. Kindly drop your mail or Number.
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by misscall247: 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2016
emymeeky:

I Smell lies

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by Raalsalghul: 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2016
Stanley08:
I always wonder what the excitement is about completing NYSC. Getting a good job is worth celebrating.
Some ppl have their NYSC certs just collecting dust. Anyways, glad to be done with that waste of time programme.

Welcome to the REAL World @Yarnvibes
I agree with you-same reason why I refused to take any pictures during my POP this past Thursday.
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by butanep(m): 1:55pm On Apr 17, 2016
Op has said nothing to the truth.

I remembered when I finished my NYSC. I was expecting the good job to come a week or two weeks after but nothing was coming forth. It was as fit, all the witches in my village was against me. I became very prayerful. After one month, nothing was coming, it was really frustrating. I got an interview in lagos. I travelled from benin to lagos only to know the job is just 50k. I hustle in lagos if I could get a better job but to no avail. I was like, all the suffering in school will just end this way.

To make matters worst, my girlfriend was acting strange so I broke up with her to concentrate on my life. After staying in lagos for about 2months, I decided to return home because the money I tool was almost exhausted. The 20k I have with me was almost exhausted. I cried as if there is no hope in life again. I meet my church members but they keep telling me to be patient, some even started avoiding my calls. That is when I knew there is no one to trust. My mother was the only one encouraging me that it will get better one day. I cried seeing I couldn't help her.

I was at home one morning meditating about my life. What's the essence of studying hard in sch? I said to myself... I began to pray and cry in frustration, so I slept off during the process. When I woke up, I got a revelation in my sleep to print a flex on home teaching. I quickly wrote it down. I thought about it and even share it with a friend but he said he is not interested.

The next day I design a flex in an attractive way for private home teching in further mathematics, mathematics, physic and chemistry. I went to all the big schools in GRA and pasted it in the front, main entrances and major junctions around GRA. I waited two weeks, no calls. I get more depressed because I have spend money to print the flex.

The following week a call came in, saying if I can prepare the son for jamb and waec. My kind of service was so unique. We concluded on 30k three times per week. Another called again and we concluded on 35k per month. The next week, 28k. A big fish of 40k came same period. I became so happy. I love teaching and impacting knowledge. The total amount I got from teaching was running from 80k to 110k. I never thought of applying for jobs because I was so busy. That's how I got a job and still running my lessons. After 3months, I left my parents house, got a modern apartment in GRA, send my brother and sister money for school etc...it wasn't easy. Life is indeed tough.

Trust God and keep pushing till you get what you want.

10 Likes

Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by anochuko01(m): 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2016
I am one of my kind! I'm not made to suffer... its he who lacks knowledge and vision that suffers...
however there's a place of wilderness; its not suffering, but its the place of making, and its gonna be for just A WHILE... my case is in God's hands, just like always! and I'm excited coz he's never failed!
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by anochuko01(m): 2:16pm On Apr 17, 2016
butanep:
Op has said nothing to the truth.

I remembered when I finished my NYSC. I was expecting the good job to come a week or two weeks after but nothing was coming forth. It was as fit, all the witches in my village was against me. I became very prayerful. After one month, nothing was coming, it was really frustrating. I got an interview in lagos. I travelled from benin to lagos only to know the job is just 50k. I hustle in lagos if I could get a better job but to no avail. I was like, all the suffering in school will just end this way.

To make matters worst, my girlfriend was acting strange so I broke up with her to concentrate on my life. After staying in lagos for about 2months, I decided to return home because the money I tool was almost exhausted. The 20k I have with me was almost exhausted. I cried as if there is no hope in life again. I meet my church members but they keep telling me to be patient, some even started avoiding my calls. That is when I knew there is no one to trust. My mother was the only one encouraging me that it will get better one day. I cried seeing I couldn't help her.

I was at home one morning meditating about my life. What's the essence of studying hard in sch? I said to myself... I began to pray and cry in frustration, so I slept off during the process. When I woke up, I got a revelation in my sleep to print a flex on home teaching. I quickly wrote it down. I thought about it and even share it with a friend but he said he is not interested.

The next day I design a flex in an attractive way for private home teching in further mathematics, mathematics, physic and chemistry. I went to all the big schools in GRA and pasted it in the front, main entrances and major junctions around GRA. I waited two weeks, no calls. I get more depressed because I have spend money to print the flex.

The following week a call came in, saying if I can prepare the son for jamb and waec. My kind of service was so unique. We concluded on 30k three times per week. Another called again and we concluded on 35k per month. The next week, 28k. A big fish of 40k came same period. I became so happy. I love teaching and impacting knowledge. The total amount I got from teaching was running from 80k to 110k. I never thought of applying for jobs because I was so busy. That's how I got a job and still running my lessons. After 3months, I left my parents house, got a modern apartment in GRA, send my brother and sister money for school etc...it wasn't easy. Life is indeed tough.

Trust God and keep pushing till you get what you want.

my brother... God already made a way for you. you just didn't grab it early enough. so you could teach science and you were looking about for job.... Glory to God, coz he doesn't fail! you should think of taking your lessons to the next level. you should be on your way to having group of schools!
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by BossDanniee(m): 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
Lol.."No more Alawee"
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by jamislaw(m): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2016
misscall247:
I Smell lies
bro he is saying the the truth, because am a serving copper I use my 10 twitter account to run Advert for advertising network company to tell you the fact am earning btw 45 to 50 thousing naira per month. had it been I have a blog I will make nothing less than 200k per month. By God grace am starting my blogging tutorial 2moro. think positive bro. is not by hardworking but think and work smart. my 2 cent.
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by Shollyjay90(m): 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2016
U Just Need Two Things 1.Always Learn 2. Have A Good Communication Skill
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2016
lloydpras:
Na After NYSC u go appreciate life as an undergraduate.

That's when you will be able to relate with this "Jimmy Cliff's song"

~I can see clearly now the rain is gone. I can see all obstacles in my way............

lol you get mouth

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by Olawale811: 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2016
With God, all things are possible...... It is well.
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by Dminister(m): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2016
My dear if you cannot cater for yourself after graduating from school and if your parents were still taking care of you during your service year then you are not yet a man.
Men started taking care of themselves immediately they graduated from school.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by WendyChi: 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
There r some companies dat do not advertise der vacancies online too,u can dress up every morning nd carry ur cv around to submit to companies or small firms,definately one must click,den u can manage dat coz now in nigeria if u get a little work to manage is beta dan stayin idle at home doing nothing*dats how I got were am working now* I finishd my NYSC on October 2014 nd I got a job on May 2015 , although am jt managing it for now coz I kw God has a better plan for me soon,...try urs too don't jt sit at home nd wait for job to come. Business is fabulous too u can try dat...each of d two ways..
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2016
Me don dey teach myself this before i go even enter school but may Almighty God help all of us
Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by Stanley08(m): 6:34pm On Apr 17, 2016
Raalsalghul:
I agree with you-same reason why I refused to take any pictures during my POP this past Thursday.

I took oh. With my friends. After which i went on to relax with bae (Orijin). But none of that hold certificate and snap bullcrap!

Abeg. Who snapping with certificate epp?!

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Anyone Who Just Finished NYSC Will Relate With by smoothvee(m): 7:39pm On Apr 17, 2016
emymeeky:

Baba please send me your email...i want to write u about something

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Begins Manhunt For Unqualified Graduates Undergoing NYSC Scheme / NYSC Batch B Corpers Passing Out - Congratulatory Message / NYSC Batch B 2017 Mobilization Registration,timetable,orientation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.