Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206776 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cuteannie02: 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2016
ugsams:

I have sent you a PM request if you didn't get it you can drop me a message on the mail below.

Thanks as I await your feedback.

I have already sent a reply
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by scapopo1: 5:57pm On Nov 24, 2016
House,I'm waiting for response from anybody that 've gone thru TRA assesment. Pls can TRA assess my bachelor degree in engineering plus my 5yrs experience as a production technician cos i work with my OND cert.can i still claim 15point wt my b.sc.thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by occie3: 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2016
Ibiyemiara:

IOM charged my wife and I 678k in total. 2 bags of 20kg each per passenger. Emirates airline. You can book initial accommodation through airbnb.com.au .
We are just settling in.
Wish you safe trip bro

Pls what's IOM?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dunsinogundele: 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2016
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by classichsy(m): 9:46pm On Nov 24, 2016
Eladua:
Please, has anyone with a private university degree been assessed by either EA or ACS?. I heard they might not consider a private university degree to be equivalent to AQF. I would appreciate any input on this.

Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 9:59pm On Nov 24, 2016
International Organization For Migration

occie3:

Pls what's IOM?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2016
dunsinogundele:
Good day All, please I have applied for South Australia nomination with 65 points for 2 weeks now and yet to get invitation, please how long does it take to get nominated by SA

How long did their instruction say?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by POTUSUK: 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2016
Okay...well i didnt get that part of the gist before. It all makes sense now. Well done boss

funkyjo:
@potusuk
I studied Chemical Engineering however, I work as a Project Control Engineer. Hence, i could not claim 5 points for work experience as a Chemical Engineer. Well, your believe is wrong.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by asadiaboymma: 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2016
Hello everyone! I have been following this thread silently. Please I would like to know if I need to take the toefl exams before I could send my CDR for assessment?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2016
asadiaboymma:
Hello everyone! I have been following this thread silently. Please I would like to know if I need to take the toefl exams before I could send my CDR for assessment?

CDR, So I assume na EA Assessment... yes, you need to submit a valid IELTS or TOEFL IBT test result with your application... so by definition, you go don do the test of course
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 2:39am On Nov 26, 2016
Bnimz:

CDR, So I assume na EA Assessment... yes, you need to submit a valid IELTS or TOEFL IBT test result with your application... so by definition, you go don do the test of course

Boss, have you heard from EA?
Did you use fast track?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 1:22pm On Nov 26, 2016
Ah, yes, tey tey... Electronics Engineer.. EOI submitted on the 3rd of November for 189 only.. 60 points claimed.

PCC done, Medicals done..

Na ITA dey jump and pass me for the past two rounds now. Man just siddown dey look. angry
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 3:58pm On Nov 26, 2016
Bnimz:
Ah, yes, tey tey... Electronics Engineer.. EOI submitted on the 3rd of November for 189 only.. 60 points claimed.

Na ITA dey jump and pass me for the past two rounds now. Man just siddown dey look. angry

"PCC done"? "Medicals done"?

Even with no invite yet? Please educate me more bro

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by udz: 4:01pm On Nov 26, 2016
Bnimz:

.. Oboy see nitro speed. best of luck!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2016
40manlappy:

"PCC done"? "Medicals done"?

Even with no invite yet? Please educate me more bro

According to DIBP, you can do your medicals in advance if you're sure of applying for the visa before its validity runs out.. What you need to do is to create an IMMIACCOUNT account,, and use the My Health Declarations form... After you're done with it, you will get a HAP ID which you can then use to schedule your medical appointment with the clinic. ..

Its valid for a year.. So, in the unlikely event that you don't apply for a visa after a year, you'll need to do another one.... That is just the disadvantage...

As for PCC, that one no be issue.. But again, the 1 year validity applies...

So, ya you fit do PCC and Medicals in advance... The advantage of doing all in advance and submitting all at once be say, when you eventually apply, except problem dey, it tends to be Direct Grant without CO contact.... And tends to take just about 2 weeks

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 5:55pm On Nov 26, 2016
Bnimz:

It go be brov...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 7:37pm On Nov 26, 2016
Thanks @Bnimz

Apart from obtaining a positive assessment, is it necessary for a partner to sit for English test in order to secure partner points (5) for the main applicant?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2016
40manlappy:
Thanks @Bnimz

Apart from obtaining a positive assessment, is it necessary for a partner to sit for English test in order to secure partner points (5) for the main applicant?

I believe the answer is Yes
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 8:16pm On Nov 26, 2016
40manlappy:

Yes. Even if dem no wan claim points, the partner has to provide evidence of Functional English anyway..

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dunsinogundele: 8:23pm On Nov 26, 2016
Bnimz:

You be sure man o!, am also waiting for ITA and I think I should follow your steps and do medical and PCC in advance, please can you help answer the following questions :

1. How much does the medical & PCC cost?
2. How long does it take to get medical result outcome?
3. What docs would the hospital and police need from me?
4. What hospital conduct the medical and where do I get PCC

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 8:32pm On Nov 26, 2016
tyosho:

I believe the answer is Yes

Would a letter from the University stating that the course of study had been taken in English suffice?

If the partner has a valid IELTS (General), would that be also be acceptable?

Thanks for your kind response.

Looping: Bnimz
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 8:34pm On Nov 26, 2016
dunsinogundele:
Thanks

My Naija PCC cost #10k.. I Don't know the cost of medicals in naija at the moment..

If its an eMedical centre, they'll submit it to DIBP within 7 - 10 days.. Mine took 6, and weekend dey inside.

Hospital requires your eMedical referral letter with the HAP ID, A valid international passport, and a passport photograph... A polio certificate might also be required but its not compulsory

You'll need to check the DIBP eMedical website to see the closest hospital to you... As for PCC, any major police headquarters near you should be good enough... Mine was from Iyaganku, Ibadan for example.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 8:38pm On Nov 26, 2016
40manlappy:

Bnimz
Would a letter from the University stating that the course of study had been taken in English suffice?

Usually, yes, but we've seen a case where the CO still insisted on a test, so its safer to just do a test.

If the partner has a valid IELTS (General), would that be also be acceptable?

Certainly... Yes.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2016
Thanks @Bnimz, tyosho

I appreciate your time. Just to be clear: positive assessment and proof of English test are all that one requires to obtain partner points?

God bless!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dunsinogundele: 11:41pm On Nov 26, 2016
Bnimz:

My Naija PCC cost #10k.. I Don't know the cost of medicals in naija at the moment..

If its an eMedical centre, they'll submit it to DIBP within 7 - 10 days.. Mine took 6, and weekend dey inside.

Hospital requires your eMedical referral letter with the HAP ID, A valid international passport, and a passport photograph... A polio certificate might also be required but its not compulsory

You'll need to check the DIBP eMedical website to see the closest hospital to you... As for PCC, any major police headquarters near you should be good enough... Mine was from Iyaganku, Ibadan for example.

Thanks a lot. I have created immaccount and also printed referral letter with HAP ID. How do I schedule an appointment with the medical center?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 12:50am On Nov 27, 2016
dunsinogundele:

How do I schedule an appointment with the medical center?

Call them

what occupation is your EOI in anyway?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iceberg54: 2:46am On Nov 27, 2016
Bnimz:

Nice one bro.....

No worry, ITA go soon land.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:25am On Nov 27, 2016
Since Travelex is driving some people crazy with their very low exchange rate, where is the best place to change some OZ dollars to USD for a trip to naija next month?

Please helpppp
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 5:58am On Nov 27, 2016
dunsinogundele:

You be sure man o!, am also waiting for ITA and I think I should follow your steps

Thanks
what occupation?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 7:01am On Nov 27, 2016
WellEndowed:
Since Travelex is driving some people crazy with their very low exchange rate, where is the best place to change some OZ dollars to USD for a trip to naija next month?

wait first.. I don't think I understand you properly... for a trip to NAIJA shouldnt you be changing AUD to Naira? why USD?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 7:10am On Nov 27, 2016
cuteannie02:

Nysc certificate
Form 80 and 1221

Ehen, I'm back.. this Form 80, e get some parts of it wey dey gimme small headache. Now, for Employment details,, abeg what Address did you use for your Nysc period? your PPA address or NYSC headquarters?

in addition, dem request any proof of all those addresses we dey list? (if dem need proof of address, I go need skip some addresses grin)

But na the NYSC employment address dey cause confusion for now sha
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 27, 2016
Bnimz:

wait first.. I don't think I understand you properly... for a trip to NAIJA shouldnt you be changing AUD to Naira? why USD?

Change from AUD to USD before I leave Australia(I have always done this)

Then change from USD to Naira in Nigeria.

AUD is not common in Nigeria so you don't get good rate when you change in Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.