Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206719 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by korlahwarleh: 7:28am On Nov 27, 2016
Good morning everyone. I am a Mechanical Engineering graduate. I want to apply for the Australian permanent resident visa through skilled migration. My uncle over there told me about PTE, and he also said I will have to write a mini report on the projects that I have carried out in the past, although I don't have much experience. Pls how do I go about all these and how are the points calculated?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 7:33am On Nov 27, 2016
korlahwarleh:

Pls how do I go about all these and how are the points calculated?

Go and start reading from page 0.... When you finish reading everything and finally catch up with the thread,, you will have seen just how unnecessary this question was ..

8 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 8:32am On Nov 27, 2016
Bnimz:

Ehen, I'm back.. this Form 80, e get some parts of it wey dey gimme small headache. Now, for Employment details,, abeg what Address did you use for your Nysc period? your PPA address or NYSC headquarters?

in addition, dem request any proof of all those addresses we dey list? (if dem need proof of address, I go need skip some addresses grin)

But na the NYSC employment address dey cause confusion for now sha

Use your PPA address for your NYSC period ; also, no proof of addresses listed is requested.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sesal: 9:38am On Nov 27, 2016
Hello House. Please i need your help. I understand that i have to get the PCC from Alagbon. I just want to know where or who to meet when i get there and an idea of the certificate fee.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dunsinogundele: 11:31am On Nov 27, 2016
mctowel01:

what occupation?

Transport manager
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dunsinogundele: 11:33am On Nov 27, 2016
Bnimz:

Call them

what occupation is your EOI in anyway?

Okay I will call them, my occupation is transport manager and am awaiting SA nomination
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ideamaster(m): 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
POTUSUK:
Ok...@ Ideamaster..thanks man. Will look at that immitracker and see how my chances can pan out.

So what you gonna do about your issue?...would you just write english again to see how you can make a 20. Or the application cant be updated nomore after you fill the ITA?.

If there is a chance, biko give it a shot. Feb till now is a pretty long time...im sure you'd agree.

l.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
Bnimz:

According to DIBP, you can do your medicals in advance if you're sure of applying for the visa before its validity runs out.. What you need to do is to create an IMMIACCOUNT account,, and use the My Health Declarations form... After you're done with it, you will get a HAP ID which you can then use to schedule your medical appointment with the clinic. ..

Its valid for a year.. So, in the unlikely event that you don't apply for a visa after a year, you'll need to do another one.... That is just the disadvantage...

As for PCC, that one no be issue.. But again, the 1 year validity applies...

So, ya you fit do PCC and Medicals in advance... The advantage of doing all in advance and submitting all at once be say, when you eventually apply, except problem dey, it tends to be Direct Grant without CO contact.... And tends to take just about 2 weeks

Ope oooo!!!! McTowel01 did you hear that? #offtofatayiwilliams

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
jamson:

Ope oooo!!!! McTowel01 did you hear that? #offtofatayiwilliams
Very well

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by POTUSUK: 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
Mbok.....any Petroleum Engineers in the house that has been invited to Apply recently?.

Someone said they dont invite PE guys...even in NSW. Pls gurus in the house... is that info legit? Has anyone been invited recently?

If No, what other profession can one easily nominate?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cuteannie02: 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
Bnimz:

Ehen, I'm back.. this Form 80, e get some parts of it wey dey gimme small headache. Now, for Employment details,, abeg what Address did you use for your Nysc period? your PPA address or NYSC headquarters?

in addition, dem request any proof of all those addresses we dey list? (if dem need proof of address, I go need skip some addresses grin)

But na the NYSC employment address dey cause confusion for now sha

What you need is ur PPA address, they didn't request for proof of address, but it can be added as supplementary document, in which case, ur proof of residential address is sufficient
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by cuteannie02: 4:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
sesal:
Hello House. Please i need your help. I understand that i have to get the PCC from Alagbon. I just want to know where or who to meet when i get there and an idea of the certificate fee.

You don't really need to have a contact before you go to alagbon, many of them will be scrambling for u to patronize them when you get there anyway, go with 8k, ur passport photocopy and passport photograph, u should get it done for less (5k), so far u Sabi negotiate

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by korlahwarleh: 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
Bnimz:

Go and start reading from page 0.... When you finish reading everything and finally catch up with the thread,, you will have seen just how unnecessary this question was ..

I have seen it thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 9:54pm On Nov 27, 2016
ideamaster:

Time was running out on my student visa, I didnt have much options so I had to do something real quick. Thanks to one of our ogas here Malkinburg who suggested I should check out the subclass 489 and 'hold that one first'. Luckily for me, Northern Inland region in NSW had Mining Engineer on their list. I made my application to them and got their approval/support and invitation for subclass 489. God has been faithful.

Please this took how many weeks as I have someone that is running out of time too.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by LaserFocus: 10:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
bellong:
In summary, find below the steps in applying...

1. Check if your occupation is on SOL/CSOL or nominate a closely related occupation that you can prove. Also check the quota percentage to know if you still stand a chance. You can search for occupations and assessment info on www.anzscosearch.com & Dibp site.

2. Write English test (PTE, IELTS, Toefl) based on your preference and your skill assessment body requirement.

3. Check your assessment requirement from your assessing body and submit your application providing them with the necessary documents.

4. Calculate your points based on your situation.

5. Submit your EOI if you have up to 60 points and wait for invitation.

6. Lodge visa and make payment after invitation. Frontload medicals, PCC and form 80 may help fasten your processing.

NB

For some occupations like Doctors, Nurses,(Most medical and health related professions), Social workers, Lawyers and Psychologists, you will first need to be registered with the registration body of each profession before you can start Permanent resident visa processing. Some require that you write some exams before you are registered while some don't. Detailed information can be found on the body's website.

Dear Belong,
I have IELTS results that I wrote specifically for Canada express entry i.e I stated when registering for the exam that I was using it for Canadian immigration. Can I use that for my Australian application or do I have to write another English language exam.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:16pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaserFocus:

Dear Belong,
I have IELTS results that I wrote specifically for Canada express entry i.e I stated when registering for the exam that I was using it for Canadian immigration. Can I use that for my Australian application or do I have to write another English language exam.

Yes you can provided you have the minimum point/score needed
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 9:53am On Nov 28, 2016
Ok folks...

Truly the PTE anointing is flowing in the house. I got my PTE result this morning. I had no idea....

Now it's 65 points...awaiting EA's positive response

Thanks Mctowel01 for encouraging me despite my doubts

13 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:24am On Nov 28, 2016
jamson:
Ok folks...

Truly the PTE anointing is flowing in the house. I got my PTE result this morning. I had no idea....

Correct! Congrats.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 11:00am On Nov 28, 2016
jamson:

Truly the PTE anointing is flowing

KONFAAAM! You na Electrical Engineer abi? Your ITA go faaasat! grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Seunfunmi14: 1:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
bellong:

Yes you can provided you have the minimum point/score needed

Oga Belong, I have some queries which I will like you to please look into and I have therefore, sent you a PM. Kindly oblige me by responding. Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2016
mamajaz:

Correct! Congrats.
Thanks a lot
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jamson: 1:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
Bnimz:

KONFAAAM! You na Electrical Engineer abi? Your ITA go faaasat! grin
Yes oo bros...na Electrical Engineering ooo.

Thanks to you too, my friend shared your recorded voice for PTE speaking with me. That helped a lot.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
jamson:

Yes oo bros...na Electrical Engineering ooo.

Thanks to you too, my friend shared your recorded voice for PTE speaking with me. That helped a lot.
This voice you are sharingggggg!!! There is Godooo, ok, share me took oh, kontinu.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
@Jamson kindly honour her bidding.
Mamajazy put me in copy asap when you get the voice recording abeg. Make I compare with my own wayo voice so I know where I stand.

mamajaz:

This voice you are sharingggggg!!! There is Godooo, ok, share me took oh, kontinu.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2016
sunvick:
@Jamson kindly honour her bidding.
Mamajazy put me in copy asap when you get the voice recording abeg. Make I compare with my own wayo voice so I know where I stand.

lol @wayo voice. Voice Wey go dey command AUD in the next few months by God's grace.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2016
jamson:
Ok folks...

Congrats man...Good news flowing.
Oya, EA, come and complete the PR equation....Best wishes man.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 4:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
mamajaz:

Hahahahahaha...you won't kill me with laugh

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
I dey tell you ohh. Oluwa go perfect am for us.

mamajaz:

lol @wayo voice. Voice Wey go dey command AUD in the next few months by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
Please guys, I need to confirm an info for someone.

How can a PA get 5points from the partner? Is it through ielts (if yes, what score pls) or degree assessement (note: partner has no work experience)
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 6:21pm On Nov 28, 2016
jamson:
Oya behold Bnimz's Voice....

That voice ehn, grin ... E get as e be grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.