Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1205402 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nikkycool(f): 9:06am On May 19, 2017
Alphadoor:

Yes boss. Its a really great deal for an Emirates flights (Food,Food,Food, booze, Entertainment, Comfort, Wifi,)

Sorry please what is IOM I mean full meaning.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:12am On May 19, 2017
damoche64:

Let me help u. Pm me

Please, are u a civil engineering professional?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sesal: 9:27am On May 19, 2017
oknee:

Not delivering... Mailer deamon. What is your email?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sesal: 9:32am On May 19, 2017
nikkycool:

International Organization for Migration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by damoche64: 9:34am On May 19, 2017
jayooh:

Please, are u a civil engineering professional?

Yes.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sesal: 9:36am On May 19, 2017
Vickglam:
Hello, please how can I contact IOM to book my flight?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by einsteino(m): 9:39am On May 19, 2017
Cottyekundayo:
Greetings everyone.
Is anybody happy to proofread my episodes (Civil Engineering) for me?

okay, Civil Engineer here. You could send me a pm.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ajiwu: 9:43am On May 19, 2017
Hello house
I am so happy to come across this thread.
My family want to apply for visa 189 but my career/skill which is banking/finance is not on SOLlist. My husband has 7 years experience with NYSC and he is a 2. 2 graduate of statistics. I will like to know the possibilty of our getting the visa if he chose social officer or welfare officer as these skills are listed.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 9:59am On May 19, 2017
Guess you had 23kg on your ticket, the last time I checked 40kg was the normal. Anyways it all depend on the agency and d luggage allowance given you by them.

[quote author=Vinsmuft post=56663139]
Then if you have many luggages, pls ensure that each one does not exceed 23Kg. I had to buy a scale to measure each bag at home before going to checked the airport. [/quote ]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 9:59am On May 19, 2017
This is WRONG please.
Edit your post above and remove those emails.

Refer to Vinsmuft's post and follow suit.
Ask those in need of the emails to PM you and send the email addresses to them.

This is a public domain and must be treated as such. Posting personal details here gives it easily to Web crawlers who indulge in spamming.

IOM has a special email address for this purpose on their website. You can freely share that rather than give out individual's email addresses.

sesal:

Send an email to these email addresses **** They will get back to you with a form to fill with other information.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:18am On May 19, 2017
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ideamaster(m): 10:37am On May 19, 2017
kMan2204:

wow, I am about to submit my CDR too. I actually used a plagiarism checker online to check my episodes even though I wrote it myself. I was just thinking that someone too might have carried out that type of project online. What do you advice that I do now?

You don't need to stress yourself. Using Turnitin, for instance, you can actually compare your work and see where the similarities came from. So if your career episodes show 95%-100% similarity with just one particular article, they would probably figure out that you already checked your work online.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 10:56am On May 19, 2017
damoche64:

Yes.

Have you assessed with EA yet?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 11:22am On May 19, 2017
nikkycool:

International Organization for Migration

https://nigeria.iom.int/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kMan2204(m): 11:48am On May 19, 2017
ideamaster:

You don't need to stress yourself. Using Turnitin, for instance, you can actually compare your work and see where the similarities came from. So if your career episodes show 95%-100% similarity with just one particular article, they would probably figure out that you already checked your work online.

Please do you have access to Turnitin?

Can I send my CDRs to you So that you can help me check with it?

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 12:07pm On May 19, 2017
Kempguy47:
Vinsmuft thanks for the response. Will ensure to get there on time to avoid the wahala at MMA.

How about food stuffs, did you take some and how did they clear it. Did you have any issues at Melbourne regarding the food stuffs?

Just ensure that the foodstuff are dry e.g. dry fish, cray fish, beans flour (for moi moi) etc. Put them in a transparent bag that can be sealed and make sure you label them. You wont have any issues in Naija except the Immigration guys asking for their usual tip. When you are given the declaration form while in en route to Australia, please indicate that you are carrying some foodstuff. Aussie Immigration guys wont have a problem as long you had declared them earlier on the form. They will simply ask to see the declared foodstuff and send you on your way almost immediately. Also if you have money above AUD 10,000 (either in the USD equivalent or the actual AUD), you must declare it and show them the physical cash at the Australian immigration.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Vinsmuft(m): 12:50pm On May 19, 2017
Medicare/Centrelink Registration

Its important to do these registrations at least 24 hrs after you come into the country. I'm sure we all know the importance of these. For those who dont know, Medicare is for you to have access to free or subsidized healthcare for yourself and children (see https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/subjects/medicare-services). Centrelink is the social security system where the govt pays you certain allowances based on some criteria (see https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/subjects/payments-visa-holders). You need to give at least 24 hrs so that your info can be uploaded onto their database (that's what I was told anyway). Take your Intl passports and visa printouts along to the nearest Medicare AND Centrelink centre. Its good to go to a centre that has both Medicare and Centrelink so that you can do all at a go. I just did mine today.

Please ensure you open a bank account before going for these registrations, especially for the wifey. The account number is required as part of the registrations and they will tell you that they prefer to make these Centrelink payments into the wifey's account being that the system gives preference to women and children than to men. You can actually open an Aussie account online while in Nigeria which is what I did (I used Westpac though there are others such as Commonwealth Bank of Australia, etc). After you have opened it, you could actually send some money ahead via dom account transfer while still in naija. However you cannot withdraw until you come in and go to the nearest bank branch for proper ID with your Intl passport.

I'm still new to the system and so dont know much about these things. For more info pls contact the elders in the house.

All the best.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:12pm On May 19, 2017
Notes Updated.

Thanks for these vital info's

@vinsmuft grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 1:29pm On May 19, 2017
sesal:

seunsalami@gmail.com.
Thanks
Sent
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:54pm On May 19, 2017
can i apply for visitor visa like now now (6 months) and go and continue with my PR right there in Aussie..

I have lodge my EOI, just awaiting ITA.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 2:04pm On May 19, 2017
ajiwu:
Hello house
I am so happy to come across this thread.
My family want to apply for visa 189 but my career/skill which is banking/finance is not on SOLlist. My husband has 7 years experience with NYSC and he is a 2. 2 graduate of statistics. I will like to know the possibilty of our getting the visa if he chose social officer or welfare officer as these skills are listed.
I so doubt his qualification will fly WO or SO, better mail ACWA to ask them first before putting money.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kamal474: 2:26pm On May 19, 2017
Hello everyone, CDR submission without asking for experience assesment from EA, what is the outcome like? I mean what EA say in the outcome when u have not asked for experience to be verified, just the degree. And how u show experience in eoi and final invite in such a scenario? Regards
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by einsteino(m): 2:28pm On May 19, 2017
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy bros eee!

Alphadoor:
From a desperate part of my mind.. grin

can i apply for visitor visa like now now (6 months) and go and continue with my PR right there in Aussie..

I have lodge my EOI, just awaiting ITA.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Azy123(m): 2:34pm On May 19, 2017
Vinsmuft:
Medicare/Centrelink Registration

Thanks for the update.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kempguy47: 3:09pm On May 19, 2017
Vinsmuft:

Just ensure that the foodstuff are dry e.g. dry fish, cray fish, beans flour (for moi moi) etc. Put them in a transparent bag that can be sealed and make sure you label them. You wont have any issues in Naija except the Immigration guys asking for their usual tip. When you are given the declaration form while in en route to Australia, please indicate that you are carrying some foodstuff. Aussie Immigration guys wont have a problem as long you had declared them earlier on the form. They will simply ask to see the declared foodstuff and send you on your way almost immediately. Also if you have money above AUD 10,000 (either in the USD equivalent or the actual AUD), you must declare it and show them the physical cash at the Australian immigration.

Thanks bro, really appreciate!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by funkyjo: 3:19pm On May 19, 2017
@Vinsmuft

Thanks a lot for these very vital information. God bless you bro.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 4:02pm On May 19, 2017
Kamal474:
Hello everyone, CDR submission without asking for experience assesment from EA, what is the outcome like? I mean what EA say in the outcome when u have not asked for experience to be verified, just the degree. And how u show experience in eoi and final invite in such a scenario? Regards

The outcome is dependent on the strength of your CDR. If you write something convincing, you should get a professional engineer.

Many people got positive assessment with no experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kamal474: 5:35pm On May 19, 2017
bellong:

The outcome is dependent on the strength of your CDR. If you write something convincing, you should get a professional engineer.

Many people got positive assessment with no experience.
Thanks bro, for ur reply and I know that it depends upon strength of CDR but if one doesn't apply for assesment for experience in the CDR and then can he claim points for experience in eoi , is it ok?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Omooloriredade: 6:10pm On May 19, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
This is WRONG please.

Refer to Vinsmuft's post and follow suit.
Ask those in need of the emails to PM you and send the email addresses to them.

This is a public domain and must be treated as such. Posting personal details here gives it easily to Web crawlers who indulge in spamming.

IOM has a special email address for this purpose on their website. You can freely share that rather than give out individual's email addresses.

Interesting!! Didn't see that way until now. Makes a lot of sense though.

#perspectives

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 6:11pm On May 19, 2017
Took PTE 9days ago...

Still awaiting result

EPP me beg them to release my 20pts grin

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sesal: 6:17pm On May 19, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
This is WRONG please.

Thanks for the correction. I have edited my post.I didn't think about it that way. I actually also got the addrsses on this thread posted by someone.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sesal: 6:29pm On May 19, 2017
oknee:

Sent

Thanks. IOM got back to me today after a reminder email i sent to them early in the morning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.