Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,886 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1211522 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2017
Annbabie:
Pls, i need to talk to you @teewhysafe

Hello. How may I be of assistance?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Annbabie: 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
Thanks for the prompt response, pls i will like you to advise me on my assessment with vetassess, i studied Animal Production and Health Sciences. Pls can i pm you.
teewhysafe:

Hello. How may I be of assistance?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yungmin: 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2017
yungmin:
Hello house, pls I need your invaluable advice. One of my previous job position which I want to claim point for was a contract job tired to a particular project. Now,, all the company gave me was a testimonial which have virtually all details of a reference letter except my job responsibilities. I am thinking of making a court affidavit detailing my job position to be attached to the testimonial. Please, is this a good idea? Would it suffice? Though I have payslip and tax cert and pension as well.

Pls, kindly respond. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:39pm On Jul 19, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

Read EA MSA booklet. Employment is not CPD!

OK, that means employment doesn't qualify as services to the engineering profession?

Una deh burst my head oh, which kind workshop or seminar man wan deh go. Na only mechanic workshop I deh visit constantly o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oscarpellenchy: 10:39pm On Jul 19, 2017
lawland:
I now have access to Nigeria Education profile... Had to pay $50 for it. Well, Unizik is section 2 university.

I can advise what your qualification is equivalent to if anyone needs the service.

Am interested in this pls, have sent you a pm already, pls reply. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
@junebaby,

Bellacious' explanation of 489 is spot on except for the tuition fees for kids.

School tuition fees are not set by the federal government but states. Depending on the state you get nomination, but for South Australia, children of people on 489 pay tuition fees called contributory fee.. smiley

@yungmin,

Yes you can still do statutory declaration provided you have other documents to support it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bellacious: 11:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
[quote author=bellong post=58633930]@junebaby,

School tuition fees are not set by the federal government but states. Depending on the state you get nomination, but for South Australia, children of people on 489 pay tuition fees called contributory fee.. smiley

Pls do u have an idea of d amount? Is it different from the international fees paid by other children?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:53pm On Jul 19, 2017
Sorry, the contributory fee is for 457 subclass not 489.

Tuition is free for 489 visa holders (not University tuition). However, the school may charge you fee ranging from $190-$1000/term depending on the school.

Private schools are not free for anybody.

For 457 subclass, annual contribution is $5100 for primary school student and $6100 for high school
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:46am On Jul 20, 2017
jayooh:

OK, that means employment doesn't qualify as services to the engineering profession?

Una deh burst my head oh, which kind workshop or seminar man wan deh go. Na only mechanic workshop I deh visit constantly o
It's a pity
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by junebaby: 1:57am On Jul 20, 2017
Thank you

quote author=bellong post=58635025]Sorry, the contributory fee is for 457 subclass not 489.

For 457 subclass, annual contribution is $5100 for primary school student and $6100 for high school[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 4:05am On Jul 20, 2017
jayooh:

CPD is not as big a deal as you are making it... Just write some seminars you've heard about... Write like 5 engineering magazines or journals. .. If you have any small work experience that you can afford to leave out of your cv or at least that you don't plan to assess....put it there as service to the engineering profession... That's all

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yungmin: 4:33am On Jul 20, 2017
bellong:
@junebaby,

@yungmin,

Yes you can still do statutory declaration provided you have other documents to support it.

Thank you oga bellong, I really do appreciate. Pls one more question. My other employment I wish to assess, I am thinking of not submitting my payslip & offer letter due to the job title on it. However, I have a reference letter, tax cert, pension, tax card to support it. Please, would the non submission of my offer letter & payslips raise any question? Thanks for your reply.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 7:47am On Jul 20, 2017
yungmin:

Thank you oga bellong, I really do appreciate. Pls one more question. My other employment I wish to assess, I am thinking of not submitting my payslip & offer letter due to the job title on it. However, I have a reference letter, tax cert, pension, tax card to support it. Please, would the non submission of my offer letter & payslips raise any question? Thanks for your reply.

If you are not submitting offer letter and payslip, you must submit a bank statement along with others.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iykedancastro(m): 8:28am On Jul 20, 2017
jayooh:

if you organised any presentation or in - house training for your mechanics and technicians that counts as a cpd, if you attended any in - house trainings and presentation in your company/workshop that also counts as cpd, all the books journals or online crash courses you viewed to help solve some auto - mechanical or electrical problems in your workshop can also count as a cpd.

I used same for mine as I was a Maintenance Engineer.
in fact if you practiced engineering cpd is around you every just think.
#my1kobo sha.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yungmin: 8:57am On Jul 20, 2017
bellong:

If you are not submitting offer letter and payslip, you must submit a bank statement along with others.

Okay, thanks for this guide. It is truly appreciated
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lawland: 9:26am On Jul 20, 2017
oscarpellenchy:

Am interested in this pls, have sent you a pm already, pls reply. Thanks
PM doesn't work
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 11:26am On Jul 20, 2017
jayooh:

You are making this CPD looks like a big deal. It's the least of worries in writing a CDR. though for mine I have attended countless seminars and presentations while in my masters program, I used those. But you can as well take any seminar or lectures you have heard about that relates to your field after graduation. Even personal studies, you can add that too. Having 5 of such is ok, you don't need a whole epistle. It's just one page. PMs are not going I would have sent my own CPD for you to use as a template.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2017
[quote author=Bellacious post=58634569][/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cognito79: 11:39am On Jul 20, 2017
Pharnta:

I am sure of NT.Tuition is free from age 5 upwards in public schoools.children below five attend early learning c centers which is very expensive .BTW 18-60$ per day.Goodluck.

Childcare between $18-60/day?

That's not categorised as expensive.. very cheap.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 20, 2017
Cognito79:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mrsojephone: 11:52am On Jul 20, 2017
what $18 to $60 dollar where
abeg which state
childcare is expensive. Its about $100 to $150 per day 7am to 6pm. When you think about how much you earn daily and how much childcare costs then you will know its not cheap. you will prefer to babysit instead of working. smiley coupled with this weather grin

Cognito79:

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mrsojephone: 12:06pm On Jul 20, 2017
i see you
firsttymum:
36 weeks... I flew Emirates early this year.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mrsojephone: 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
Well done to all the gurus in the house. Nairaland is an addiction.

Pls, i need advice and input from all.
Situations:
EA Assessment is done: Engineering Technologist
IELTS first attempt: l/s/r/w 8, 8.5,85,7
IELTS second attempt: l/s/r/w 8.5,8.5,8.5,7.5
IELTS third attempt: booked awaiting result
PTE: no available date in Melbourne till sept
Points acquired now: Age 25 + BEng 15 English 10 points
We are still aiming for the 20 points so we can apply for 189 and 190
Now my question I have Electrical & Electronics HND, ND, City and Guilds certificate, can I go through the TRA route.
1) Why the TRA route because Engineering Technologist now is Pro Rata. For occupations e.g Electrical Engineering Technician, Electrician (General) in TRA with 60 there are still more chances, what do you advise?
2) When applying for TRA we will leave out the BENG certificate I want to know if it won't be a problem when nomination comes or when we need to apply for the visa because already our details are on dibp website already because we are here on a student visa.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 12:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
iykedancastro:

if you organised any presentation or in - house training for your mechanics and technicians that counts as a cpd, if you attended any in - house trainings and presentation in your company/workshop that also counts as cpd, all the books journals or online crash courses you viewed to help solve some auto - mechanical or electrical problems in your workshop can also count as a cpd.

I used same for mine as I was a Maintenance Engineer.
in fact if you practiced engineering cpd is around you every just think.
#my1kobo sha.

The workshop thing was a kinda joke. But I can now fathom the sorta things I will put in, hope trainings on equipments counts as well
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
Bnimz:
CPD is not as big a deal as you are making it... Just write some seminars you've heard about... Write like 5 engineering magazines or journals. .. If you have any small work experience that you can afford to leave out of your cv or at least that you don't plan to assess....put it there as service to the engineering profession... That's all

Kudos
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oscarpellenchy: 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2017
lawland:
PM doesn't work

Okay thanks, just want to find out if any,which section or category do they classify Nigerian Trade Test Certificates pls. To be able to know if one can get positive assessment with only this qualification. Thanks.

Hello...can you pls assist with this if you have any info? Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Hazeleye: 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2017
Anyone successfully got a visit visa subclass 600 on here? I know this isn't the right thread for this. Apologies.
Been on border.gov.au , i need practical example of an applicant from Nigeria.
Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bellacious: 1:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
Pharnta:

I am sure of NT.Tuition is free from age 5 upwards in public schoools.children below five attend early learning c centers which is very expensive .BTW 18-60$ per day.Goodluck.

Thanks a lot Pharnta.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2017
[quote author=Pharnta post=58647764]

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by omo1010: 7:21pm On Jul 20, 2017
Engineers in the house, please confirm if EA accepts scanned copies of academic transcripts for fast track assessment, as I didn't see postal address recommended for documents posting on the MSA booklet.

Thank u in anticipation of ur response.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
omo1010:
Engineers in the house, please confirm if EA accepts scanned copies of academic transcripts for fast track assessment, as I didn't see postal address recommended for documents posting on the MSA booklet.

Thank u in anticipation of ur response.

Only scanned copies are required. You are good to go.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2017
lawland:
Section 2

Hello.
Pls what University is Ekiti state University?

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.