Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1209605 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ecclesiaok(m): 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hello house, who is currently in NSW? How is life and job opportunity is in Newcastle ? I will coming to there before the yr runs out. Pls I need first hand experience. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OlalekanKad(m): 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
This is my own opinion. Go TRA if you can spend the money for another assessment. You can get Electrical Technician with your OND and HND easily without stress. You also do not need to leave out your BSC Certificate, include it there. TRA only considers your minimum qualification for the assessment and all other qualifications are just extra. I had a similar case with you. BSC Mechanical, HND Mechanical and OND Mechanical. Successful EA but EA reduce my years of experience so I spent another money on TRA and TRA outcome came with 9 years of experience. Entered EOI with 70 points and ITA came without stress. So my brother go for a less competitive occupation as I know mates with 70 points on Engineering technologist and yet no ITA till date. So go TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, your OND and HND is a plus so don't waste it. Also when it comes to visa application, it is not an issue because DIBP already knows you have a BSC and looking inwards, the fact you have a BSC doesn't mean you don't have a skill on a lower level, alot of people are working with their BSC and some already are PHD holders.

mrsojephone:
Well done to all the gurus in the house. Nairaland is an addiction.

Pls, i need advice and input from all.
Situations:
EA Assessment is done: Engineering Technologist
IELTS first attempt: l/s/r/w 8, 8.5,85,7
IELTS second attempt: l/s/r/w 8.5,8.5,8.5,7.5
IELTS third attempt: booked awaiting result
PTE: no available date in Melbourne till sept
Points acquired now: Age 25 + BEng 15 English 10 points
We are still aiming for the 20 points so we can apply for 189 and 190
Now my question I have Electrical & Electronics HND, ND, City and Guilds certificate, can I go through the TRA route.
1) Why the TRA route because Engineering Technologist now is Pro Rata. For occupations e.g Electrical Engineering Technician, Electrician (General) in TRA with 60 there are still more chances, what do you advise?
2) When applying for TRA we will leave out the BENG certificate I want to know if it won't be a problem when nomination comes or when we need to apply for the visa because already our details are on dibp website already because we are here on a student visa.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by disectur(m): 11:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hi, sorry for the late response. I was just absolutely determined to leave Naija. I prepared for IELTS like my life depended on it and of course it did. Regarding the reassessment, I simply wrote reference letters detailing all my duties and achievements while explaining that although my employment letter states a banking grade,
my duties were specific to Graphic Design.

The reference letters were signed by my ex supervisors and division heads. I also attached a portfolio created specifically for Vetassess. Then I added an overdose of prayers without fasting. I pray better when I'm not dizzy.
spyroxy1:

Inspiring... Especially your IELTS 2nd attempt and Vetasses re-assessment. Was it the same documents that were earlier assessed? or you were allowed to re-submit diffrent documents entirely?

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bolaobby: 2:35am On Jul 21, 2017
mrsojephone:
what $18 to $60 dollar where
abeg which state
childcare is expensive. Its about $100 to $150 per day 7am to 6pm. When you think about how much you earn daily and how much childcare costs then you will know its not cheap. you will prefer to babysit instead of working. smiley coupled with this weather grin

On the issue of children that are not yet of school age, here is my finding

1. You have two option, its either you place the child in Early learning centre (Kinder for age 4) or you take your child to Family Day Care.

2. All early learning centre i visited has a price range between $104 - $108 per day depending on the number of days you want to choose and the time is 6am - 6pm. Any day chosen must be paid for whether your child shows up or not because the space is already reserved as they have specific number of child they can admit.

3.The second option is family day care and it ranges between $5 - $10 per hour. This are educator that looks after your child while you are away and they are meant to teach the child some basic things likewise. The only issue is that, some do the job better than other.

4. There is government kinder but its competitive and its only 30hrs per week in my own council area. The pay is $425 per term. You have to decide how to spreed the 30hrs based on the timetable sheet provided.

Having said all, if you are a PR holder, Government will help to make 50% of the fee or more depending or your situation and you may still be entitle to Child care rebate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jorgan(m): 6:38am On Jul 21, 2017
greetings to everyone, please i need your help (especially for those that have assessed with vetassess) and advice on a very serious issue.

Before the new MTLSSL and STSOL list was released in April i had already put in my EOI for state nomination visa 190 for the occupation PROJECT BUILDER. Vetassess is the assessing body for this occupation. I got a positive outcome for this occupation way back in January. My points breakdown is:-

Qualification:- 15 points
English:- 10 points

but when the list changed, the occupation project builder was only restricted to the visa 189 rather than 190, but i don't meet the minimum points to apply for the 189. So what i did was to nominate another occupation construction project manager which can be used to apply for visa 190 through state nomination.

The way vetassess assesses is very demonic as they do not assess separately for qualification and employment but rather they do both at once in a full assessment. i got my assessment for the change of occupation few days back and the outcome letter states that my Qualification is highly relevant to the occupation i have nominated, but my work experience is not highly relevant. That both qualifications and work experience must be positive to get a "POSITIVE SKILLS ASSESSMENT OUTCOME".

I only want to claim points for qualification and i do not even have enough years to claim points for experience. if it were possible, i would have just assessed for qualification alone, but vetassess dont assess a single aspect of your skills. I just spoke with my case officer a few minutes ago to see if i can use my qualification alone on that outcome letter to claim points for my qualification for EOI, but she stated that i must present both positive qualification and positive employment for visa 190/189, that it is only in the case of applying for a post study work visa that i can present only qualification.

so right now i am at a crossroad because i dont think the woman knows what she is taking about. do i go on with submitting an EOI claiming points for age, english and qualification but in the outcome letter reference number( which carries a positive qualification and a negative employment) in my application form or just look elsewhere for inspiration in getting points?

Please and please i have been on this issue for two days now i am lopping everyone for an advice? thanks so much
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mabeline1: 7:23am On Jul 21, 2017
I don't think you can do that like vetassess stated for you to get positive outcome both should be positive. My husband had the same issue why not rewrite your English test and make use of your first assessment.

My 2cent sha

jorgan:
greetings to everyone, please i need your help (especially for those that have assessed with vetassess) and advice on a very serious issue.

Before the new MTLSSL and STSOL list was released in April i had already put in my EOI for state nomination visa 190 for the occupation PROJECT BUILDER. Vetassess is the assessing body for this occupation. I got a positive outcome for this occupation way back in January. My points breakdown is:-

but when the list changed, the occupation project builder was only restricted to the visa 189 rather than 190, but i don't meet the minimum points to apply for the 189. So what i did was to nominate another occupation construction project manager which can be used to apply for visa 190 through state nomination.

The way vetassess assesses is very demonic as they do not assess separately for qualification and employment but rather they do both at once in a full assessment. i got my assessment for the change of occupation few days back and the outcome letter states that my Qualification is highly relevant to the occupation i have nominated, but my work experience is not highly relevant. That both qualifications and work experience must be positive to get a "POSITIVE SKILLS ASSESSMENT OUTCOME".

I only want to claim points for qualification and i do not even have enough years to claim points for experience. if it were possible, i would have just assessed for qualification alone, but vetassess dont assess a single aspect of your skills. I just spoke with my case officer a few minutes ago to see if i can use my qualification alone on that outcome letter to claim points for my qualification for EOI, but she stated that i must present both positive qualification and positive employment for visa 190/189, that it is only in the case of applying for a post study work visa that i can present only qualification.

so right now i am at a crossroad because i dont think the woman knows what she is taking about. do i go on with submitting an EOI claiming points for age, english and qualification but in the outcome letter reference number( which carries a positive qualification and a negative employment) in my application form or just look elsewhere for inspiration in getting points?

Please and please i have been on this issue for two days now i am lopping everyone for an advice? thanks so much

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jorgan(m): 7:39am On Jul 21, 2017
mabeline1:

I don't think you can do that like vetassess stated for you to get positive outcome both should be positive. My husband had the same issue why not rewrite your English test and make use of your first assessment.

My 2cent sha

thanks so much, you are right! apparently to be eligible at all for the PR Visa you must have had at least 12 months of work experience in nominated occupation.

Giving english test another shot then!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by helen88: 10:01am On Jul 21, 2017
Good morning good people,I read cell biology and genetics and I am a HIV/genetic counsellor in an health institution.The issue is I didn't see genetics,biology or a related course in the occupation list.pls what can I do?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mrsojephone: 10:27am On Jul 21, 2017
Thank you very much

OlalekanKad:
This is my own opinion. Go TRA if you can spend the money for another assessment. You can get Electrical Technician with your OND and HND easily without stress. You also do not need to leave out your BSC Certificate, include it there. TRA only considers your minimum qualification for the assessment and all other qualifications are just extra. I had a similar case with you. BSC Mechanical, HND Mechanical and OND Mechanical. Successful EA but EA reduce my years of experience so I spent another money on TRA and TRA outcome came with 9 years of experience. Entered EOI with 70 points and ITA came without stress. So my brother go for a less competitive occupation as I know mates with 70 points on Engineering technologist and yet no ITA till date. So go TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, your OND and HND is a plus so don't waste it. Also when it comes to visa application, it is not an issue because DIBP already knows you have a BSC and looking inwards, the fact you have a BSC doesn't mean you don't have a skill on a lower level, alot of people are working with their BSC and some already are PHD holders.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:30am On Jul 21, 2017
helen88:
Good morning good people,I read cell biology and genetics and I am a HIV/genetic counsellor in an health institution.The issue is I didn't see genetics,biology or a related course in the occupation list.pls what can I do?
How about considering health promotion officer Teejay80 mama& solfam, you gat family friends here oh, please coman help.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 21, 2017
Good morning house.
Please for thise of us that used ACS for skill assessment. Did anyone get "payment rejected by eway" while trying to make payments?what could this mean and what can i do?
I entered the corrcet card details on my gtb dollar card btw..thanks as you help
i have also sent an email but the time difference �...they may not reply until next week.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ZoeW: 11:50am On Jul 21, 2017
jorgan:

but when the list changed, the occupation project builder was only restricted to the visa 189 rather than 190, but i don't meet the minimum points to apply for the 189. . . . . . .
I do agree with Mabeline1. Attempting the english test again to get 20 points should solve your problem. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 12:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
Misoke:
Good morning house.
Please for thise of us that used ACS for skill assessment. Did anyone get "payment rejected by eway" while trying to make payments?what could this mean and what can i do?
I entered the corrcet card details on my gtb dollar card btw..thanks as you help
i have also sent an email but the time difference �...they may not reply until next week.

Do u have more than enough funds in the account... I got this error even though i had about $10 excess of required amount, not until i bumped to a $20 excess and the transaction was successful although the excess was not deducted.

Also you can try again in 1 hour time.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sholly28(m): 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2017
Pls house if anyone now trusted agent or individual to get visiting visa or any other.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Jbelieve: 7:23pm On Jul 21, 2017
jorgan:

Please what is your job position? And how many years experience do you have?
I intend assessing for this occupation soon.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jorgan(m): 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
Jbelieve:

Please what is your job position? And how many years experience do you have?
I intend assessing for this occupation soon.
Builder, and I have 1 and 6 months of experience

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:09pm On Jul 21, 2017
jorgan:
Builder, and I have 1 and 6 months of experience

This is not to spite of insult you. It is for lack of better word.

What you have done is Penny wise, pounds foolish. $810 is enough to write 3-4 English test depending on the one you write.

Why subject yourself to the torture of Vetasses all over again when you could have written another English test.

You have a positive assessment in your hand, I don't think getting a state sponsorship is that easy either without adequate work experience. Young man, dust your English and ace the 20 points.

Yes, you can do it.. others have done it.. you will not be an exemption.

9 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 22, 2017
Alphadoor:

Do u have more than enough funds in the account... I got this error even though i had about $10 excess of required amount, not until i bumped to a $20 excess and the transaction was successful although the excess was not deducted.

Sorted!thanks dear...the card had not been activated by my bank thats why i had that challenge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 22, 2017
Alphadoor:

Btw @alphadoor how long long did your assessment take?..thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jorgan(m): 12:57am On Jul 22, 2017
bellong:

This is not to spite of insult you. It is for lack of better word.

What you have done is Penny wise, pounds foolish. $810 is enough to write 3-4 English test depending on the one you write.

Why subject yourself to the torture of Vetasses all over again when you could have written another English test.

You have a positive assessment in your hand, I don't think getting a state sponsorship is that easy either without adequate work experience. Young man, dust your English and ace the 20 points.

Yes, you can do it.. others have done it.. you will not be an exemption.

Thanks bellong, u r right! I was having doubts about writing another English test cause I have made 4 attempts in 6 months. But since it's my last hope now, I hv no choice! Thanks for d pep up

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iykedancastro(m): 2:20am On Jul 22, 2017
jayooh:

The workshop thing was a kinda joke. But I can now fathom the sorta things I will put in, hope trainings on equipments counts as well

Sure bro, you see the list goes on and on. sorry for the mix up, most times I take literal meaning of text without reading between the lines.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by DatechMan(m): 9:19am On Jul 22, 2017
jorgan:

Thanks bellong, u r right! I was having doubts about writing another English test cause I have made 4 attempts in 6 months. But since it's my last hope now, I hv no choice! Thanks for d pep up

Did you try PTE-A?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 9:38am On Jul 22, 2017
Misoke:

Btw @alphadoor how long long did your assessment take?..thanks

About 17 days
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by baresi22: 11:33am On Jul 22, 2017
[quote author=omo1010 post=58662944]Engineers in the house, please confirm if EA accepts scanned copies of academic transcripts for fast track assessment, as I didn't see postal address recommended for documents posting on the MSA booklet.

Thank u in anticipation of ur response. [/quoe]
Make it at least 400dpi..if you can make it 600dp cos that was what delayed mine.goodluck
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jorgan(m): 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
DatechMan:

Did you try PTE-A?
yup I did, speaking messed me up
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
Alphadoor:

About 17 days

Not bad!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2017
Good day happy people, hope the weekend is going smoothly?
Please, is my CV format playing any significant role in the professional engineer assessment with EA?
NB: I'm not assessing employment.
Thought we had a CV sample/format on the front page of the thread but can't find any. I wanna submit my CDR ASAP
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
@jorgan
Keep trying bro, it will be alright next attempt.

Summarize Text (30-40 w): Following A who did what type format to write
Or
Divide and Conquer - That's how you do it !

Here's a trick some people used. If there are 3 paragraph in the summary text article, They made one line summary of the 3 paragraph and then joined them together or made a summary of the summary.

Describe Graph: following a format/ template.

Tips number 1. You don't need to describe everything. Content doesn't matter, but Pronunciation and Oral Fluency. It is impossible to explain everything in 40s, hence worry about your Flow and Pronunciation.

Template:

Introduction: 10 s

This graph/bar chart/pie/etc shows the (chart name) from (this year) to (this year) or (over this certain year) or similar depending on the question.

Body points: 20s

Choose any point you like, it doesn't matter if you leave the most important data, just don't stop talking. For example, you can say,

1. the maximum is this.
2. the minimum is this

That's just the simplest of example, you can say a variety of that.
That's 2 points, you can also say more points if you have time.

Conclusion: 10 s

Most people don't say conclusion and hence lose marks. It is one of the most important thing. Official guideline say you should try give a conclusion.

You should definitely use either Overall or In conclusion to start the conclusion with so the computer understands you are saying a conclusion.

e.g. In conclusion, the trend shows its rising, or In conclusion, A is always higher than B, etc.

Most important: Don't correct yourself if you make a mistake - it's quite hard as it's our habit to do so, just say the next word, even if its xxxxxxxxxx, just keep on talking : Yes this tip is from Pearson. Computer doesn't care what you say, but how you say it !!!

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jorgan(m): 12:31am On Jul 23, 2017
nkechima:
@jorgan
Keep trying bro, it will be alright next attempt.

Summarize Text (30-40 w): Following A who did what type format to write
Or
Divide and Conquer - That's how you do it !

Here's a trick some people used. If there are 3 paragraph in the summary text article, They made one line summary of the 3 paragraph and then joined them together or made a summary of the summary.

Describe Graph: following a format/ template.

Tips number 1. You don't need to describe everything. Content doesn't matter, but Pronunciation and Oral Fluency. It is impossible to explain everything in 40s, hence worry about your Flow and Pronunciation.

Template:

Introduction: 10 s

This graph/bar chart/pie/etc shows the (chart name) from (this year) to (this year) or (over this certain year) or similar depending on the question.

Body points: 20s

Choose any point you like, it doesn't matter if you leave the most important data, just don't stop talking. For example, you can say,

1. the maximum is this.
2. the minimum is this

That's just the simplest of example, you can say a variety of that.
That's 2 points, you can also say more points if you have time.

Conclusion: 10 s

Most people don't say conclusion and hence lose marks. It is one of the most important thing. Official guideline say you should try give a conclusion.

You should definitely use either Overall or In conclusion to start the conclusion with so the computer understands you are saying a conclusion.

e.g. In conclusion, the trend shows its rising, or In conclusion, A is always higher than B, etc.

Most important: Don't correct yourself if you make a mistake - it's quite hard as it's our habit to do so, just say the next word, even if its xxxxxxxxxx, just keep on talking : Yes this tip is from Pearson. Computer doesn't care what you say, but how you say it !!!
This is very helpful, thanks for this
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 3:35am On Jul 23, 2017
jayooh:
Good day happy people, hope the weekend is going smoothly?
Please, is my CV format playing any significant role in the professional engineer assessment with EA?
NB: I'm not assessing employment.
Thought we had a CV sample/format on the front page of the thread but can't find any. I wanna submit my CDR ASAP

I don't think your CV format is important if you are not assessing for experience/employment. I did not change any format for my CV, same thing I have been using all these years. Write a convincing CDR that's all. I believed EA to be easy breezy.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:26am On Jul 23, 2017
Michaelamo:

I don't think your CV format is important if you are not assessing for experience/employment. I did not change any format for my CV, same thing I have been using all these years. Write a convincing CDR that's all. I believed EA to be easy breezy.

Thanks mate. So what was the turn around time for your assessment outcome?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by morakky: 10:19am On Jul 23, 2017
Dear All,

can i still use my ielts that will expire in oct ending for EA assessment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.