Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207394 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by manucho: 10:33am On Jul 23, 2017
bolanle053:
@ oga bellong, I think manucho can still nominate Agric tech. for Tasmania, since they recently relax their nomination criteria, for 489 though, if he wont mind. Please, follow the attached link and check "Category 3A -Oversea Applicant"
https://www.migration.tas.gov.au/skilled_migrants/skilled_regional
Hello Mr Bola, Mr bellong & other experienced people here please agric tech isn't on the vetassass list for 489 but what I found was agric consultant and agric scientist. I have HND in agric extension & management. Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by olly12: 11:26am On Jul 23, 2017
Good Day fellow Nairalanda's i will like to ask this questions in this format just to make sure maybe i understand the process i am about to follow.

i have search my profession/ career as i will like to follow TRA type of jobs, there for i found one or two jobs both on short and long term stay on the website.

secondly, i have checked for the state that can nominate me and have seen like 4 states.

thirdly, i have visited the TRA website for assessment but the problem i am having now is that i dont know how to continue from here. should i go for my TOEFL first before submitting for TRA assessment or i should go ahead, I am a graduate of civil engineering but i wanted to look for menial jobs based on what i heard that that is the best way to go about it.

Please can anybody point me to what to do next thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by nenye994: 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2017
catchdwind4rmkd:
Wow, nice thread. So much to learn here.

I already have 476 Visa, and used it during the last graduate recruitment period. I got opportunities to do 6 aptitude tests, and 3 interviews; all online because I applied from Nigeria. I agree with Malkinburg that it's hard to get a job with this visa subclass as some of the feedbacks I got from applications pointed towArds my visa or residency status. In fact, to be considerate, most of the jobs I applied to, clearly stated citizenship/PR as main criteria; I chose to apply anyway and got regret mails. There are few companies that were willing to sponsor me, 3 of which I had interviews with, but you'll agree that the competition will be very high for these coys willing to sponsor. I didn't get any offer on the last round of graduate recruitment.

However, considering the current situation of things in Nigeria, high cost of living and hardly any relevant (engineering) job opportunities; I'm now set to migrate to Aussie with my 476 visa. I'm determined to compete, but I haven't set exaggerated expectations as I know the limitations of the visa. So, my main goal is to obtain PR. As Malkinburg rightly said, one can hope to get unskilled job (which I must warn is also very hard to get these days as read on expatforums) and save for the PR applications. So, I'll start with the 18 months I have, and work towards making it permanent.

I never knew we have this many Nigerian migrants in Aussie or planning to, I would have planned my departure a bit earlier. My initial fright has been boredom or loneliness in a strange land. I hope to connect with more peeps on ground. Though, I can't seem to read anyone in melbourne or planning to. This thread was long overdue; all the searches I made returned the thread for Australian Student Visa. I'm glad to have connected with peeps here. Cheers
Hi,so am actually new here and also about to apply for the 476 visa but am alrdy developing cold feet as well . Since it's probably been a while since you migrated to Australia with the 476 visa, could u please tell me how it's been so far? Have u been able to get a job in your field or engage in semi-skilled jobs? Is the pay good enough to live comfortably in Aussie ? Any possibility of staying back after the 18 months visa granted ?I am an electrical/electronics engr with no actual experience , though am currently working as a contract staff with NNPC, but I just started quite recently.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
morakky:
Dear All,

can i still use my ielts that will expire in oct ending for EA assessment.

As long as it is still valid before assessment.

manucho:

Hello Mr Bola, Mr bellong & other experienced people here please agric tech isn't on the vetassass list for 489 but what I found was agric consultant and agric scientist. I have HND in agric extension & management. Thanks

The occupation requires a Bachelor degree to get positive assessment. Except you have a bachelor degree, Vetasses will not assess you positively for the occupation.

@olly12,

Do you have experience in the occupation you want to assess with TRA? TRA is different from EA and will require experience in the occupation you nominate. Meanwhile, TRA has a detailed explanation on their website. If they don't require IELTS for assessment, you don't need to write it first.

Why not assess with EA as a civil engineer?

Can you state the occupation you intend to nominate?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
Happy Sunday family members. I been dey miss some people in the house oh: bro Jamson, Bnimz, Mctowel01 ( that call was a stimulant, it's only that I have no influence over AHPRA), catchwind4rmkdk, uncle justwise, uchenna2017, nkechima, Koleefem05, diggy4real, bellacious, Teejay80, teewhysafe.... long time to you all...
Make I no forget Alphadoor and AZY123

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by morakky: 1:19pm On Jul 23, 2017
Thanks @Bellong.

I need someone who can assist with Assessment Payment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:28pm On Jul 23, 2017
morakky:
Thanks @Bellong.

I need someone who can assist with Assessment Payment.

If it is not more than $1000 USD, you can use your naira card. Most banks now allow foreign transaction.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 3:01pm On Jul 23, 2017
mamajaz:
Happy Sunday family members. I been dey miss some people in the house oh: bro Jamson, Bnimz, Mctowel01 ( that call was a stimulant, it's only that I have no influence over AHPRA), catchwind4rmkdk, uncle justwise, uchenna2017, nkechima, Koleefem05, diggy4real, bellacious, Teejay80, teewhysafe.... long time to you all...

DIBP don keep us for crossroads based on lack of information.. sad
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OGIYEN: 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hello,when I clicked on the combined list is 186 and 457 and not 190.also if you find your occupation on the MLTSSL and you don't have up to 60point,what will be the next thing to do.
bellong:
In summary, find below the steps in applying...

1. Check if your occupation is on MLTSSL/STSOL or nominate a closely related occupation that you can prove. Also check the quota percentage to know if you still stand a chance. You can search for occupations and assessment info on www.anzscosearch.com & Dibp site.

2. Write English test (PTE, IELTS, Toefl) based on your preference and your skill assessment body requirement.

3. Check your assessment requirement from your assessing body and submit your application providing them with the necessary documents.

4. Calculate your points based on your situation.

5. Submit your EOI if you have up to 60 points and wait for invitation.

6. Lodge visa and make payment after invitation. Frontload medicals, PCC and form 80 may help fasten your processing.

NB

For some occupations like Doctors, Nurses,(Most medical and health related professions), Social workers, Lawyers and Psychologists, you will first need to be registered with the registration body of each profession before you can start Permanent resident visa processing. Some require that you write some exams before you are registered while some don't. Detailed information can be found on the body's website.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2017
mamajaz:

Mama the Mama, I "eyes" you. Na preparations and anxieties about my PTE on Tuesday 25th cause am o. The thing no be beans, make God help person. How yonder? Greetings to all the gurus in the house. Very wet day here in AbiaNG.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by diggy4real: 3:56pm On Jul 23, 2017
koleefem05:

Mama the Mama, I "eyes" you. Na preparations and anxieties about my PTE on Tuesday 25th cause am o. The thing no be beans, make God help person. How yonder? Greetings to all the gurus in the house. Very wet day here in AbiaNG.

Same here too, PTE-A preparation, @ Mama, it will all happen, happy Sunday to you.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bellacious: 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
mamajaz:

MamaJ I sight u. Greetings to u and all d gurus in the house.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 5:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
jayooh:

Thanks mate. So what was the turn around time for your assessment outcome?

I paid for fast track, my CDR was assigned to a case officer in 14 days. I was told to re-upload 2 career episodes which I did after 7 days or so, and after 5 days I got my outcome later.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oscarpellenchy: 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2017
@Lawland

Hello...can you pls assist with this if you have any info? Thanks

Okay thanks, just want to find out if any,which section or category do they classify Nigerian Trade Test Certificates pls. To be able to know if one can get positive assessment with only this qualification. Thanks.

[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2017
oscarpellenchy:
@Lawland

Hello...can you pls assist with this if you have any info? Thanks

Okay thanks, just want to find out if any,which section or category do they classify Nigerian Trade Test Certificates pls. To be able to know if one can get positive assessment with only this qualification. Thanks.

3.2 Qualification documents
For your application to be registered by TRA, it must include evidence of formal training and outcomes that can be considered comparable to the AQF qualification for your nominated occupation. Therefore, the following documents must be included with your application:
• final qualification/s or apprenticeship certificate or award
• a full academic transcript or other documents that include the start and end date of your training and details of the program of study
• apprenticeship documents such as the contract of apprenticeship, journal or any other relevant document from your employer, governing body or training institution relating to your apprenticeship if applicable.

The following items cannot be used as a substitute for a qualification:
• occupational licences
• trade tests not supported by comparable and verifiable formal training
• short course certificates such as single day or single subject training
• work experience.

The above info is from TRA's website
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Zinger15: 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2017
OGIYEN:
Hello,when I clicked on the combined list is 186 and 457 and not 190.also if you find your occupation on the MLTSSL and you don't have up to 60point,what will be the next thing to do.

Good evening, I have been following this thread quietly for a while now and it's has been really helpful and also met some wonderful people but I have got questions they couldn't answer. Does anyone know what points a degree from covenant University will earn me from the assessment body. I also work in an industry not related to my first degree. Please I need answers. Thanks

Cc: bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:16pm On Jul 23, 2017
OzyMigrant:

Yes you can....did that that for most of my hard documents including intl passport. You can download camscanner (CS) from playstore for better quality

Your question is funny though, you should know you can.
Talking of scanning, the "scanned by camscanner imprint", what does it matter?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
mamajaz:

The long awaited news(+ve outcome 4rm AHPRA) dey ur door step dey knock..... My ear Don dey itch since 4 ur gud news...... Long time indeed my s-i-s-t-a!!!!! most of the names wey u mentioned Don dey Oz already ooh........ All of us wey still dey expect one tin or the oda for naija Don turn senior aspirants grin our time is now!!! If you believe am say AMEN!!!

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2017
Zinger15:

Good evening, I have been following this thread quietly for a while now and it's has been really helpful and also met some wonderful people but I have got questions they couldn't answer. Does anyone know what points a degree from covenant University will earn me from the assessment body. I also work in an industry not related to my first degree. Please I need answers. Thanks

You'll need to be more explicit bro...specific course of study and your present occupation.
Occupational Skills are assessed in relation to your course of study, and not what "a degree from covenant University will earn me from the assessment body" as you have expressed. Other gurus can then advise you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Zinger15: 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2017

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oscarpellenchy: 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
nkechima:

3.2 Qualification documents
For your application to be registered by TRA, it must include evidence of formal training and outcomes that can be considered comparable to the AQF qualification for your nominated occupation. Therefore, the following documents must be included with your application:
• final qualification/s or apprenticeship certificate or award
• a full academic transcript or other documents that include the start and end date of your training and details of the program of study
• apprenticeship documents such as the contract of apprenticeship, journal or any other relevant document from your employer, governing body or training institution relating to your apprenticeship if applicable.

The following items cannot be used as a substitute for a qualification:
• occupational licences
• trade tests not supported by comparable and verifiable formal training
• short course certificates such as single day or single subject training
• work experience.

The above info is from TRA's website

Thanks so much for this piece of valuable information.....
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Xkoba: 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
bellong:

If it is not more than $1000 USD, you can use your naira card. Most banks now allow foreign transaction.
pls ll it be at official rate if I use my naira master card
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by DatechMan(m): 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
Zinger15:

No one will answer yout question until you provide more details.

Which course did you study?
What is your occupation?
How many years experience?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 10:02pm On Jul 23, 2017
Michaelamo:

I paid for fast track, my CDR was assigned to a case officer in 14 days. I was told to re-upload 2 career episodes which I did after 7 days or so, and after 5 days I got my outcome later.

If I may, the career episodes was it just a case of re-uploading or you had to rewrite them? Did you CO give u any reason for requesting a new upload? What was wrong with the first 2 episodes?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2017
OGIYEN:

You can apply for a state sponsorship if there is any state sponsoring the occupation.

Xkoba:
pls ll it be at official rate if I use my naira master card

It will be at interbank rate..

@Zinger15,

Provide more information as requested by others.

But to answer your main question, degree from Covenant will be assessed as equal to am associate degree which is 10 points except it is a 5year course.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
nkechima:

grin our time is now!!! If you believe am say AMEN!!!
Amen sister me, your testimony is here too.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
[quote author=Zinger15 post=58760Please I need answers. Thanks
Cc: bellong[/quote] copy lawland too. He has the master key to it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 4:37am On Jul 24, 2017
morakky:
Dear All,

can i still use my ielts that will expire in oct ending for EA assessment.

I believe you can if your application will be assessed before then.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 24, 2017
mamajaz:

Amen sister me, your testimony is here too.
Amen.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Michaelamo: 8:21am On Jul 24, 2017
jayooh:

If I may, the career episodes was it just a case of re-uploading or you had to rewrite them? Did you CO give u any reason for requesting a new upload? What was wrong with the first 2 episodes?

It was not a case of re-upload because the first two upload was bad. It something concerning my nominated occupation and the CE I wrote. And yes my CO gave me some reasons even if it was not legit to me. And about the scamscanner imprint, it has no effect. I used camscanner for mine too.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by teewhysafe(f): 8:47am On Jul 24, 2017
Been awhile ma. Thanks for your help concerning the PCC once again. DIBP just make us gentle jare.
Have a blessed week.
mamajaz:
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:11am On Jul 24, 2017
Michaelamo:

It was not a case of re-upload because the first two upload was bad. It something concerning my nominated occupation and the CE I wrote. And yes my CO gave me some reasons even if it was not legit to me. And about the scamscanner imprint, it has no effect. I used camscanner for mine too.
But the camscanner resolution ain't up to the stipulated 300dpi I suppose, or is there a way to set it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.