Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206096 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lindawealth9: 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2018
@cognito and trastar it was subclass 651
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cognito79: 11:07pm On Jan 09, 2018
lindawealth9:
@cognito and trastar it was subclass 651

I don't understand you or your uncle. A simple read on home affairs website would have resolved your concerns.
The fact that your mind is telling you to be careful shows something is wrong somewhere.

I don't know what the agent did or how he was able to get you such subclass of visa because Nigeria is not an eligible country for evisitor visa which is the subclass 651.

The cost of applying for a 651 visa is free.

Except your uncle carries a passport for one of the countries listed, he will be deported at the point of entry and be banned for 10years.

The agent knows he has done something illegal and trying to cover up with work permit. There is no work permit but visa with work rights.

Go to home affairs website to read about subclass 651.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by LDEE: 12:08am On Jan 10, 2018
Hello,
Thanks for this informative thread. I am married and a skilled professional so is my wife. Pls does this application also cover your family?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cognito79: 1:33am On Jan 10, 2018
LDEE:
Hello,
Thanks for this informative thread. I am married and a skilled professional so is my wife. Pls does this application also cover your family?

Your nuclear family, yes.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 10, 2018
lindawealth9:
It was subclass 651

As rightly said...this visa is free...there are some conditions attached,some country passport holders are eligible..Nigeria is not one of them(unless your uncle holds other country passport that is eligible) ...you cannot work with it,why is the agent talking about work permit?it's good to find out things for yourself please use this link and read up;

Www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/651-?tab=1&heading=who-could-get-this-visa#
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 10, 2018
Cognito79:

I don't understand you or your uncle. A simple read on home affairs website would have resolved your concerns.
The fact that your mind is telling you to be careful shows something is wrong somewhere.

I don't know what the agent did or how he was able to get you such subclass of visa because Nigeria is not an eligible country for evisitor visa which is the subclass 651.

The cost of applying for a 651 visa is free.

Except your uncle carries a passport for one of the countries listed, he will be deported at the point of entry and be banned for 10years.

The agent knows he has done something illegal and trying to cover up with work permit. There is no work permit but visa with work rights.

Go to home affairs website to read about subclass 651.

You 've said it all..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lindawealth9: 7:29am On Jan 10, 2018
Thanks all for the response I appreciate will let my sis know and get back to u all
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by paulooma(m): 10:37am On Jan 10, 2018
Stepo707,

9 bank statements sent as monthly statement? Dont Understand, Is it part of the requirement for the 489.

Is there any condition/thing to be noted in the bank statements?

Cc trastar, Eludua, Misoke, Stepo707, Bellong

stepo707:
Please guys I was only able to get 4 payslips from my current organization instead of 9 payslips(for 3years). The accountant said he could not get the remaining payslips.However I have complete 9 bank statements sent as monthly statements from my bank.Will this fly for the TRA assessment?

Cc trastar , Eladua , Misoke, Bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by foonshur(m): 11:11am On Jan 10, 2018
Hi everyone, please which trade can one nominate if he/she is into solar/inverter installation, but has a degree in chemical engineering.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 11:21am On Jan 10, 2018
paulooma:
Stepo707,

9 bank statements sent as monthly statement? Dont Understand, Is it part of the requirement for the 489.

Is there any condition/thing to be noted in the bank statements?

3 payslips per year and I am 3 years in this org(2015-2017).It's requirement for TRA not the visa type
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2018
December 20th result has been released...

http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/20-december-invitation-round-2017.aspx

January 3rd result will be released shortly.

Next round is anticipated for January 17th

Source: homeaffairs

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2018
tobey2ng:

Thanks for your response. Materials is not a challenge. I have ample of them from Jay. I want to know dates I am order to be a guide towards my preparations. I want to have something I'm looking ahead of which will prompt the preparations. Is it twice I am a month like IELTS?

It is actually more than twice a month. When you are registering, you will see a calendar with all the available dates at the centre you have chosen. You can schedule your exam for any available date at the centre of your choice.

You should go online an attempt to try to register for the exam, you will see the available dates. Nobody can do that for you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by candycush(m): 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2018
[quote author=stepo707 post=64061689]
3 payslips per year and I am 3 years in this org(2015-2017).It's requirement for TRA not the visa type[/quote

]Guys pls I need help trying to get payment reference for vetasses but I was using one of these banks dey don go under for salary at The time so I can't get any statement now and my firm does not have payslip. Pls what else can i Use?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Fizzywah(m): 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2018
Alphadoor:
December 20th result has been released...

http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/WorkinginAustralia/Pages/20-december-invitation-round-2017.aspx

Source: homeaffairs

Been reading other forums and seen guys receive ITA for invitation round of January 3rd. 70 points for non pro rata up to October 30th (Also confirmed by Iscah).

@Alphadoor what's your DOE?

I was hoping you would have received an ITA by now. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
[quote author=candycush post=64068596][/quote]
Go to your bank and request for statements.Also you can use that of tax too if you have.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 8:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
Skilled point based migration coming up in the USA very soon, depending on congress outcome.

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/4887574/trump-raise-act-immigration

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tobey2ng(m): 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2018
rosepetraa:

It is actually more than twice a month. When you are registering, you will see a calendar with all the available dates at the centre you have chosen. You can schedule your exam for any available date at the centre of your choice.

You should go online an attempt to try to register for the exam, you will see the available dates. Nobody can do that for you
Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:14pm On Jan 10, 2018
Fizzywah:

Been reading other forums and seen guys receive ITA for invitation round of January 3rd. 70 points for non pro rata up to October 30th (Also confirmed by Iscah).

@Alphadoor what's your DOE?

I was hoping you would have received an ITA by now. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Iscah used the word "unofficial" Jan 3rd result....meaning its specualtive at most...
only Homeaffairs releases authentic result and that's what i posted here.
So till Home affairs releases Jan 3rd result... whatever you see online is just speculation and to be taken with a pinch of salt.

No ITA yet...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Fizzywah(m): 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2018
Alphadoor:

Iscah used the word "unofficial" Jan 3rd result....meaning its specualtive at most...
only Homeaffairs releases authentic result and that's what i posted here.
So till Home affairs releases Jan 3rd result... whatever you see online is just speculation and to be taken with a pinch of salt.

No ITA yet...

Yeah I'm not challenging your post but besides the speculative nature of Iscah's post on invitation rounds I follow the thread on Expat Forum where applicants like you and I received ITA's for Jan 3rd on 70 points with a DOE before October 30th.

Whatever happens we will be patient it's just things aren't as clear as before.

See the thread link with testimonies from real applicants with their time lines as signatures.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/1375521-189-eoi-invitations-january-2018-a-10.html#/topics/1375521?page=16
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 12:36pm On Jan 11, 2018
Fizzywah:

Yeah I'm not challenging your post but besides the speculative nature of Iscah's post on invitation rounds I follow the thread on Expat Forum where applicants like you and I received ITA's for Jan 3rd on 70 points with a DOE before October 30th.

Whatever happens we will be patient it's just things aren't as clear as before.

See the thread link with testimonies from real applicants with their time lines as signatures.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/1375521-189-eoi-invitations-january-2018-a-10.html#/topics/1375521?page=16

I went through this thread and I didn't see anyone with a 70 point invited. So I'm confused?
Also with the tiny number of people invited on The 3rd, I'd be surprised any 70 will be invited.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Fizzywah(m): 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
trastar:

I went through this thread and I didn't see anyone with a 70 point invited. So I'm confused?
Also with the tiny number of people invited on The 3rd, I'd be surprised any 70 will be invited.

Okay just so I don't mislead. People with 70 points got ITA (70+5) for 190 for NSW for those with superior points in English.

The October date even as reported on the thread was still attributed to Iscah. So I guess that's the info making the rounds. I did not apply for NSW. Remember you encouraged my to reapply for my 190 after withdrawing it following my score update. Hoping Victoria will start giving for 70+5 as well.

Again 17th January is the date on everyone's lips as the day for the 2nd round for the month. Let's hope it gets better.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2018
lakola:
Good day everyone, just wanted to let the house know that I got a positive assessment (Agricultural Scientist) from vetassess as at this morning.
It took 9 weeks and some days, had assessor contact. I want to appreciate @belong for his help, @josh for guiding me through this phase, @koleefem05, @segunwamiri, funbi and everybody that has contributed directly or indirectly. I want to say God bless you all. Love forever
1 year work experience
LU 5 years
B.Agriculture (Animal Science)

Congrats man! One step at a time.

Please, you said you had assessor contact, mind explaining? Also, how did they verify your work experience claim? If they did, was it the contact on your reference letter that they contacted? Other details will be fine.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by kennyareola: 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
Good afternoon to everyone in the house,

Am new here and I have read through the threads here and I have interest in applying.

I need an architect in the house to put me through some of the documents needed for skill migration submission: especially the COVER PAGE WRITE-UP sample.
1. Cover letter (maximum 2 x A4 pages) addressing why you think your
- academic qualification(s) is equivalent to an Australian accredited academic
qualification in Architecture in terms of academic duration;
- structure of the coursework program; -
- core areas of study;
- and the content of the individual units of study.
Refer to the criteria provided in Section 1. When relevant, the
cover letter should also address:
a. Any gaps in the course syllabus provided.
b. Any period of study completed at a different institution, such as through a
student exchange.

Awaiting your response urgently.
Thanks.

Still on the look for assistance as regards the above so that i can submit on time for my Assesment. will appreciate help from anyone in the house.

thanks once again

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 9:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
Fizzywah:

Okay just so I don't mislead. People with 70 points got ITA (70+5) for 190 for NSW for those with superior points in English.

The October date even as reported on the thread was still attributed to Iscah. So I guess that's the info making the rounds. I did not apply for NSW. Remember you encouraged my to reapply for my 190 after withdrawing it following my score update. Hoping Victoria will start giving for 70+5 as well.

Again 17th January is the date on everyone's lips as the day for the 2nd round for the month. Let's hope it gets better.

Iscah doesn't post information for State nomination invites. U also won't see it on the list DIPB posts.
Any information u see on those places has nothing to do with state.
However, if you have superior English, you should get invite for VIC with 70+5. I don't know about NSW tho.
I'm assuming we are talking about ICT occupations here.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 9:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
kennyareola:
Good afternoon to everyone in the house,

Am new here and I have read through the threads here and I have interest in applying.

I need an architect in the house to put me through some of the documents needed for skill migration submission: especially the COVER PAGE WRITE-UP sample.
1. Cover letter (maximum 2 x A4 pages) addressing why you think your
- academic qualification(s) is equivalent to an Australian accredited academic
qualification in Architecture in terms of academic duration;
- structure of the coursework program; -
- core areas of study;
- and the content of the individual units of study.
Refer to the criteria provided in Section 1. When relevant, the
cover letter should also address:
a. Any gaps in the course syllabus provided.
b. Any period of study completed at a different institution, such as through a
student exchange.

Awaiting your response urgently.
Thanks.

Still on the look for assistance as regards the above so that i can submit on time for my Assesment. will appreciate help from anyone in the house.

thanks once again

I don't have any idea about architecture and I'm almost certain none of these people do too.
However, I believe the above is self explanatory.
It's really not something u can use another person's own to write. Just try and write it and assume it's for a job position you are really hoping to get.
Maybe imagine the pay is 1M per month.
Wish u good luck.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Fizzywah(m): 11:06pm On Jan 11, 2018
trastar:

Iscah doesn't post information for State nomination invites. U also won't see it on the list DIPB posts.
Any information u see on those places has nothing to do with state.
However, if you have superior English, you should get invite for VIC with 70+5. I don't know about NSW tho.
I'm assuming we are talking about ICT occupations here.

Yes we are talking about ICT specifically Software Engineer. I have applied for 190 for VIC (25/12/2017) with 70+5 points, Superior English and the normal 189 on 70 points. I thought the 189 would be a breeze (Little did I know....).

I looked through your posts just to get an idea of where you stand and I can understand how dogged you are. You have tried and still manage to answer questions here. Already i'm tending towards 'getting annoyed' at this whole thing. Patience now more than ever is a virtue.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nazor83: 7:18am On Jan 12, 2018
[color=#550000][/color]
Hello Guys,

I have done a lot of reading in this thread and in the website links I got here and I have learnt a lot in the last few days.
However, I want to know how somebody can get the 5 points for partner skill qualification.

Please those who know should kindly share with me.

Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 7:50am On Jan 12, 2018
Nazor83:
[color=#550000][/color]
Hello Guys,

I have done a lot of reading in this thread and in the website links I got here and I have learnt a lot in the last few days.
However, I want to know how somebody can get the 5 points for partner skill qualification.

Please those who know should kindly share with me.

Thanks.

You can claim partner skills if, when you are invited, your partner:
is under 50 years of age
has competent English
has an occupation that is on the same skilled occupations list as your nominated occupation
has been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for their nominated occupation
is coming to Australia with you
is not an Australian citizen or permanent resident.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zibe(m): 10:46am On Jan 12, 2018
Guys, please what do you do when the HR is the one to send your reference? This is because I need the reference aligned to the duties and responsibilities as specified in the ANZCO code for external auditors.

Is it possible to submit two references from one firm? One from the HR and another from a manager there? I wanted to use the manager but he said he can't use the firm's letterhead but will put his complimentary card as part of the reference, while that for HR will have the letterhead on it, but may not fully be aligned to what CPA wants to see. I had already drafted the reference but the HR is saying they already have a template they can't deviate from.

Please advise.

On another note, got my 20 points from PTE cool . LSWR: 90 90 90 86. Thanks to you guys for the various links posted here. That's all I used.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cuetosh: 10:50am On Jan 12, 2018
toslad:
Hello Josh,

Sent. Sorry I am just seeing this.

I hope you find it helpful.

Thank you so much!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 12, 2018
zibe:
Guys, please what do you do when the HR is the one to send your reference? This is because I need the reference aligned to the duties and responsibilities as specified in the ANZCO code for external auditors.

Is it possible to submit two references from one firm? One from the HR and another from a manager there? I wanted to use the manager but he said he can't use the firm's letterhead but will put his complimentary card as part of the reference, while that for HR will have the letterhead on it, but may not fully be aligned to what CPA wants to see. I had already drafted the reference but the HR is saying they already have a template they can't deviate from.

Please advise.

On another note, got my 20 points from PTE cool . LSWR: 90 90 90 86. Thanks to you guys for the various links posted here. That's all I used.

Wow!!! Congrats on the 20 points.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 12:39pm On Jan 12, 2018
Fizzywah:

Yes we are talking about ICT specifically Software Engineer. I have applied for 190 for VIC (25/12/2017) with 70+5 points, Superior English and the normal 189 on 70 points. I thought the 189 would be a breeze (Little did I know....).

I looked through your posts just to get an idea of where you stand and I can understand how dogged you are. You have tried and still manage to answer questions here. Already i'm tending towards 'getting annoyed' at this whole thing. Patience now more than ever is a virtue.

Well, my doggedness comes from me knowing that they don't operate like Nigerians.
I know that even on the Canadian PR process, points sometimes go up and then it's reduced..
I also know that if they have intentions of stopping the whole thing altogether, they will do it in a transparent way and inform people to stop paying for assessment and English test..
I strongly believe that points will drop this January and that when they start inviting as much as they used to, not this 300 per round we keep seeing, 65 pointers will start getting invites even on ICT.

As long as you are not in a rush or refused to pay for your rent because you believe you should be out in a month, patience is key. There's still the waiting you will do after you have applied for visa.
You also won't leave immediately after the grant.
Just keep on your daily activities and check the thread often..it will eventually happen.
Only ppl who should be in a hurry are people who are already in Australia and their visa is expiring soon..
As long as we dey this Nigeria together, nah next election no go meet me for here. Time still dey. �

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.