Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (83796 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo) / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by diva90: 4:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
Don't forget that these lists and rites are still negotiable. Family of the girl can also waive a lot of things depending on the man's financial status. People should not be discouraged to go where ever their heart takes them.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Bestinstinct(m): 4:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
Mine is far more than this. It's six pages with about 1.5m in cash as bride price and others.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Kennydoc(m): 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
Pchidexy:

And the other two?

Depends on the communities, and in some cases families. Generally, bride price is considered high in many parts of Imo and Abia states.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by theMEGAman(m): 5:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
Pchidexy:

It is obvious you are illiterate. Why should you generalize? Have you married from every community in Imo state. Onye apali!!
Silly mumu from IMO state who cannot travel to his village from year to year or make proud of his towm ,tell me part of IMO state community list that u can spend less than #300,000 on traditional marriage, mumu without knowledge.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Chrisjane(f): 3:44am On Apr 20, 2016
christopher123:

As an Igbo man..you don't need all the elderly men to he there because you can't please all..even Jesus couldn't please 12

If a handful of them are there ..the show must go on

My sister married and been the first son and dad late..they brought list ....I just cancelled so many things and I called then bluffs. I asked them how many of them contributed money for her education and others .

They couldn't say anything. The igba nkwu continued seamlessly

It all depends in the father and uncles of the bride . once the male family members are okay . call others bluff.

I am an Anambra man . that's how e roll

Kwusi imebo anyi ebe a...inugo
Anambra and Abia are two different states. You have said What you know but don't say what you don't know
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by christopher123(m): 6:23am On Apr 20, 2016
Chrisjane:

Anambra and Abia are two different states. You have said What you know but don't say what you don't know
So abia has a different culture from other igbos ?
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Brimstone1: 6:36am On Apr 20, 2016
This is ridiculous. For just one wife?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by mozele(m): 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2016
donbenedict:
grin i'm so not marrying from my state

Nna why na?

Abeg buy your state to make your state better!

Abi no be so? tongue
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by mozele(m): 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2016
Logician:
Get the lady pregnant and th family would beg you to pay 50k

there are some families you can't mess up with and go scot free...
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by player007(m): 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2016
sayitright:

hmm Ikeduru dey expensive? last time I checked we don't charge much in Umudim.
Myb una side diffrent. Umesokwa/aboh own na him worst pass.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:33pm On Apr 21, 2016
donfemo:
This is just what you pay apart form the expenses of the wedding day itself. Well after everything the lady does not expect you to be equal in that marriage. You will be her Lord and personal saviour.

You're maaaad! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:40pm On Apr 21, 2016
tuk2ato:
At list 22, the groom retroactively paid for the schooling of the bride. All these demands will make one think that the family of the bride wants to open a bar of some sort, by the way who is the person that wants to smoke the 2 packets of Benson and Hedges. Didnt know Star beer is that popular in the East. Ibos dont joke with 'Ahcohal'

Most of those are not for the girl's family, but for "village groups"...the omoniles of traditional marriages.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by amanda2013(f): 11:45pm On Apr 21, 2016
those of you shouting imo state should go and get their facts right please cause its not like that in orlu
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
SpotlezDonald25:
Abia girls are useless

Your mum too.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by amanda2013(f): 11:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
Chrisjane:

my dear he is right. it depends on the family. be it abia or imo or anambra.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by santafe(m): 10:31am On Apr 25, 2016
FlirtyKaren:

Anybody here planning to get married to a lady from Abia state soon? Here is the reviewed marriage list of Itaja Umuelile, Olokoro,

, Abia State.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/04/guys-see-2016-bride-price-in-abia-state.html

what is the purpose of this list if I may ask. I know you will answer "tradition".
Is it convenient?, is it affordable?
Your answer "tradition".
With this mentality and attitude, the country is not going to move forward. We encourage extortion and laziness. It's very convenient to brandish the sword of "tradition" when we want to extort from others. Don't you think this practice encourages corruption?
A lot of folks get done with weddings to go drink garri because of "culture or Tradition" what exactly is culture or tradition in the context of what we practice in Nigeria ?. what purpose does it serve?.
Has it made our country better? We need to start to think, revise and update our knwledge. Smh
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by VaginaTerrorist(m): 12:13pm On May 28, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Daylight robbery. Na them send me go school?
The igbos are inadvertently selling off their daughters, and then when the man struggles to pay through his shi.t hole, tomorrow people would be talking of gender equality when he beats his wife silly for acting childish.
He has acquired the right over her head.
Gender based violence is wrong buh the igbo elders who should know better are encouraging it, for the pleasure of a few cartons of hot drinks.
Talk of the value they place on Igbo ladies. Pathetic.
No pain No Gain. Cheap Things Go No Respect.
If you truely Love Her I commend you to past all they're requesting fas. And dontry lay hands on her cos of silly money or ....
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by justicejay(m): 12:35am On Jul 31, 2016
Mrokaykay:
There is absolutely nothing wrong in providing all these especially when the money is there....the mother of my unborn kids and beautiful wife deserves more than these....moreover the guy is not getting a slave or house help.... he is marring a WIFE.
undecided
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by fxbot: 6:41pm On Aug 03, 2016
vanvickie:
Wow.. Dats my state.. My Home town.. Well it's kinda xpensive 4d average man bt bsyds d bride price of 200k coz me go marry who don graduate. D remaining tynz r jst much bt nt costly if u calculate dem.
na 200k people dey shout like this? Me wanna spend 1.5M for mine, for bought trad and white as total lol.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Ndipe(m): 10:57pm On Sep 16, 2017
It's been like this for a long time in ibo land that their bride price is outrageously expensive.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by jaybros: 10:53am On Sep 25, 2017
lol they even do review...is it yearly, monthly weekly or daily?....
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by cooooooks(m): 7:58am On Apr 13, 2018
I find all this very funny. I highly doubt that I'll pay shishi as bridprice.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by jaybros: 8:27pm On Apr 28, 2018
depends on family.....i know a man that married from Abia and didn't spend up to 200k for list and dowry....
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by jbblues24(m): 10:56pm On May 30, 2019
Outstandingly bold icons. shocked
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by Nobody: 2:25am On Sep 25, 2020
This wan na if you marry finish, use am go do blood money.
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by wowmagonline: 2:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
See the bride price list issued to this guy that made him run away. I can't stop laughing
https://www.immigratefly.xyz/2022/04/bride-price-list-in-abia-state.html?m=1
Re: 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) by wowmagonline: 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
This is too outrageous for a man to pay for his bride's parent to be. How can they demand this big from me? Let's go our separate ways, please else I will get you pregnant
https://www.immigratefly.xyz/2022/04/bride-price-list-in-abia-state.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Househelp Cleans Her Vagina With Napkin, Then Wipes Her Boss' Dishes With It:Pic / 10 Important Roles Of A Father / What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.