Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave (29737 Views)

Photo Of El-Rufai Kneeling Before Atiku Dug Up By Nigerians For Attacking Atiku / Soldier Sleeps In "Grave" And Fights Boko Haram (Photos) / Saraki: "The President Buhari We Met Was Witty And Healthy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Segadem(m): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Day11(m): 10:45am On Apr 18, 2016
Moral Lesson

Do not outsmart your master angry

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by kinziking(m): 10:45am On Apr 18, 2016
I hope he get buried in the grave he dug

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by funlord(m): 10:46am On Apr 18, 2016
angry

_Fuck saraki! No one likes a disloyal nigga!

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by cktheluckyman: 10:47am On Apr 18, 2016
Saraki the nightmare of the zombies!! Double Tuale for you sir!!

1 Like

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 18, 2016
If you want saraki to leave that seat, click like.

if you say no, click share

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by cktheluckyman: 10:51am On Apr 18, 2016
Day11:
Moral Lesson

Do not outsmart your master angry

Na who be master? Don't tell me you are referring to that inconsequential amala local champion

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by anonimi: 10:51am On Apr 18, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by anonimi: 10:53am On Apr 18, 2016
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by aieromon(m): 10:53am On Apr 18, 2016
What a pity!
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by shehuolayinka(m): 10:54am On Apr 18, 2016
I don't think Saraki did any wrong for being ambitious and vying for a the Senate President seat. Mind you OP, none among them is clean, as Nigerian politicians are known to be corrupt. Though known to have embezzle, Saraki case came about as a result of him going against his party.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by anonimi: 10:55am On Apr 18, 2016
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Gora12: 10:56am On Apr 18, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
undecided tinubu wrote this article himself lipsrsealed
I tell ya grin grin

1 Like

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by hopilo: 10:58am On Apr 18, 2016
So the style of fighting corruption is to get those that have case and want position. If a man steal and is corrupt without disobeying the party like Akume did, all his sins are covered. But the day he makes noise and refuse to play along his closet is open to see the skeletons. This is world class corruption fight.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by hopilo: 10:58am On Apr 18, 2016
So the style of fighting corruption is to get those that have case and want position. If a man steal and is corrupt without disobeying the party like Akume did, all his sins are covered. But the day he makes noise and refuse to play along his closet is open to see the skeletons. This is world class corru

1 Like

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by ndcide(m): 10:58am On Apr 18, 2016
Yet we have ministers who looted their state funds, diverted state funds to prosecute buhari's election.

When have those who built website with outrageous amounts, not forgoing borehole contract.

Note these are the corrupt practices we know about because same party was reelected in the state so they just cover up. If we had a change here in Lagos do you think Revelations will be a joke?

Some people just make positions as if everyone is a sycophant.

Why did the writer not tell us the progress of Akume's Efcc case.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Deen77: 10:59am On Apr 18, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

You are bless my brother, is from an insider.
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by kickman(m): 11:06am On Apr 18, 2016
You shld see beyong Saraki, all ds party pple are same so don't side any JAGABAN ad all d rest all same stop fooling ur urself

1 Like

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Deen77: 11:07am On Apr 18, 2016
shehuolayinka:
I don't think Saraki did any wrong for being ambitious and vying for a the Senate President seat. Mind you OP, none among them is clean, as Nigerian politicians are known to be corrupt. Though known to have embezzle, Saraki case came about as a result of him going against his party.

Do you know many Nigeria vote Buhari Osinbajo because of integrity.
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by anonimi: 11:07am On Apr 18, 2016
hopilo:
So the style of fighting corruption is to get those that have case and want position. If a man steal and is corrupt without disobeying the party like Akume did, all his sins are covered. But the day he makes noise and refuse to play along his closet is open to see the skeletons. This is world class corru

That na APCshit style na. Once you are born-to-gain progreTHIEF all your sins are washed away and you are redeemed.
Only their zombie followers are carried away by such paparazzi gestures.

Sara1981:
EFCC To Arraign Two (Sam Egwu and George Akume)

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is set to charge two more ex-governors to court for corruption and money laundering after completing investigations into graft allegations against them.  Read more by clicking on the link below.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/may/10/213.html

I really hope it's these thieves that will soon be facing the wrath of EFCC. That goes double when it comes to SAM EGWU!!! angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3502371_ameachi_jpeg_jpeg668a23a22748fc80649d0c7c454dab08

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3088738_img20151115154440_jpeg8f611b6c9cc8cd0928a56ef1049ea06d

1 Like

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by CaptainTalker: 11:07am On Apr 18, 2016
Saraki has aspired to be Senate President is that a crime?So no one should aspire in Nigeria if he does not beling to the "baba sope"group.Saraki braved the odds and he is ready to take these people on.Dont worry, he is about to cement his place in the political history of Nigeria when this CCT charges fall flat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by 49cents(m): 11:09am On Apr 18, 2016
joborskill:
i cant wait to see him beside Mazi nnamdi Kanu in Kuje prison grin When he fraudulently emerged as the senate president, we predicted his impending doom but his blind followers like pa chukwudi44 think it's a bluff. I see tinubu's hand in this saraki's trial. This is meant to show saraki that no matter how rich and powerful he his in Kwara the Jagaban will always remain a political father to him. Saraki fuccked with the wrong guys forgetting that the Era of the weak GEJ and impunity is over. He is a PDP soul covered with an APC body. He is deceptive and too ambitious hence the need to send him to political Oblivion. All hail the Jagaban of Borgu and PMB for letting the over pampered kid understand he cant outshine his masters

Can you in all honesty say that Tinubu never stole LASG money in quantum? Even the hard working Fashola did so please spare us the holier than thou attitude!!!!

Saraki's issue is simply over ambitiousness and greed

He is simply reaping what he sowed: he betrayed PDP, who made him politically and now APC is

1 Like

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by anonimi: 11:10am On Apr 18, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

Just like the agbero tout wrote the one below attacking the widow and entire family of Awolowo shocked

Babasessy:

Awo Family Without An Awo By Sam Omatseye (The Offensive Article)

The Awolowo rebirth in the Southwest has inspired gongs, songs and rhetoric of sorts. But they have missed one point.

It occurred to me in Abeokuta last week amidst the big crowds and euphoria of the swearing-in of Senator Ibikunle Amosun as governor. In all the states from Lagos to Edo, where Awo has witnessed ideological resurgence, hardly a single family member has played a role.

So we have an Awo family without an Awo. That is an irony. But history overwhelms us with this sort of twist. Obafemi Awolowo toiled for his reputation. His roots were lowly, he toiled to school both home and abroad, launched into careers in law, business, journalism and eventually politics. He carved a niche for himself, and became the first methodical and charismatic leftist in our history.  Other leftists abounded but they did not inspire comparable drama and following.

He faced tribulations, went to jail, failed in elections, won a few, but he imprinted his ideas and legacy in the country, and no single mortal has beaten him in the history of this country. His greatest achievement was in the area of ideas, and that was how he fashioned a family. Most families are born of biology but his issued from ideology. That family suffered with him.

In a spoof of Jesus Christ, these were the men who followed him in his teachings, and endured with him in his temptations. So he formed a kingdom for them in the Southwest, in the old Western Region, presiding over his projects, his legacies and people.

In all of these, the family he had was not his flesh and blood. In another spoof of Christ, who were his family anyway? Those who were with him must be counted as his family. So, I combed in the ambience of Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), and I found none. I went to Ogun, I frisked the crowd under Amosun’s bower, hardly any. Around Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola in Osun, I could not lay a finger. With Governor Kayode Fayemi in Ekiti, where are the forbears of Awo? Yet, I can hear the chants of Awo. Hardly in any of the inaugural speeches or any of their other public intervention would you miss the philtre and filter of Awo from these gentlemen. To parody Novelist Joseph Conrad, they are the sparks from Awo’s sacred fire, the messengers of the might within the man.

Already all of them are pursuing the legacy ideas of Awo: free education, free health services, infrastructural development, urban renewal and economic engineering.

Lagos has posted itself as the John the Baptist. The others are putting up valiant efforts, and the world of course is watching to see how well they will perform. It will call for great work, resourcefulness and cooperation. They are the real Awoists, and Awo was a man of rigour and vigour.

The Awo son that many expected to take after the father was Olusegun, who unfortunately died in a car crash. We shall never know if he could have pulled it off.  But the others have not shown much of the paterfamilias’ brio and depth. In the past decade, under this republic, they have blended with the wrong crowd. Even H.I.D, hobnobbed with Alao-Akala, who brought illiteracy to governance; with Oyinlola who turned the grace of office into a hell-hole of despots; with Daniel who could not arrest his quick fall into megalomania.

I wrote once that this woman whom Awo once described as the jewel of inestimable value has lost value to his cause. If he came back to life, he would have committed the extraordinary act of divorce after death. Even his newspaper, The Tribune, has so stumbled and fallen that it swims in Awo’s vomit.

Groucho Max, one of the funniest satirists in American history, said of a man that he got his looks from his father. Then he quipped, “He was a plastic surgeon.” That means the son is not his real son, or he did not inherit his natural looks. Ideologically, when we talk of Awo’s family, the chief inheritor is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the leader of all the others. He was the one who stuck his neck out. He could have lost his life or ended his career in politics. The so-called real Awolowos who bear his surname cannot come up for mention. They are Awolowos but not Awoists. They stabbed their father in the back. They have committed ideological parricide.

The only person that made a real try was Awolowo-Dosunmu in the early 1990s and she lost roundly. She was accused of trying to ride her father’s coattail. Political families are good for democracies. They can exemplify the high ideals of diligence, dignity, ideas, character. We have seen these in such families as the Kennedys, the Adamses, the Roosevelts, the Ghandis. They just don’t claim family. They appeal to the high ideals that endeared the families to their societies.

It’s also an irony that these families are falling into twilight. Some of them have vanished. Enoch Powell, a British MP, once gave us the famous line: “All political lives, unless they are cut off midstream at a happy juncture, end in failure because that is the nature of politics and human affairs.”

Columnist Ambassador Dapo Fafowora adverted to this idea in a recent outing, and I debated it with him afterwards. I don’t believe that a political life should be judged by how it ends but what it means. The quote is often missed by many who mistake “careers” for “lives.” A political life should be judged by its legacies. If we judged Awo by how he ended, we would look at him only as the loser to Shagari. That is why I see an intrinsic mischief in Enoch’s quote. But I would agree that political families end also in failure if you judge how they peter out and not the legacy.

Awo’s legacy is alive and well. Members of other families in flesh and blood can carry on. Immediate families tend to suffer from what an author, Noemie Emery, describes as dynastic curse. The children tend to be intimidated by the standards set by the fathers. So they just don’t want to try. They feel they cannot match them or come even close.  The problem probably comes from the fathers themselves. The Adams, who produced important presidents, later gave birth to moral vagrants and drunks. The Bush daughters showed themselves as party girls when their father was contesting the political battle of his life.

But Joe Kennedy groomed his sons assiduously, and they excelled in politics. They also had a fair share of tragedies. Ted Kennedy regained his sobriety and voice in America after a season of debauchery. In Nigeria, we are seeing the Sarakis fade. A Saraki – Bukola - is wiping out the Sarakis from politics. It is a classic case of oedipal tragedy, something I predicted earlier this year on this page.

It is not late though for the flesh-and-blood Awolowos to join their father’s fold. But they must be genuine. Awo was the most important Yoruba personage in history after Oduduwa. They had stellar men like Oranmiyan, Balogun Latosa, Lisabi, Sodeke, et al. None of them had the unifying vision and organisational acumen that Awolowo gave the race. The wife, children and grandchildren should not watch others glow in his jewel without them.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/monday/sam-omatseye/index.1.html
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by anonimi: 11:18am On Apr 18, 2016
Deen77:
Do you know many Nigeria vote Buhari Osinbajo because of integrity.

How can you associate the word, integrity, with a man who could not even declare his assets publicly as he freely promised?
Maybe because it is very DIFFERENT from the one he published on Facebook to SCAM the zombies into voting him on March 28, 2015
Does integrity have a different meaning in your dictionary ni

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2464828_iwilldeclaremyassetspubliclybuhari20150531084337_jpeg3bd039b61769cbf4f77ec6ba5a354a26

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2974606_cow_jpeg00fd26475738e4a64f99ca879a807c70

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2974607_cows_jpeg25fbe824df8ee5af481396de94649339
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by ashjay001(m): 11:24am On Apr 18, 2016
Evathyst:
Saraki as far as I know is a dead man walking. Until the emergence of David Mark, the seat of the Senate President has never been something a person relaxes on. undecided undecided

Anyways, that's what blind ambition does to someone. It prevents one from seeing the bigger picture and imagining the consequences of one's action. Saraki, when next you come to this world, remember to keep your ambition in check. wink wink

Meanwhile, I can see Pa Chukwudi44 up there. I wonder the calibre of Old men we now have in this generation. Gone are the days when old men are virtuous. Smh. undecided undecided

P.S

Any good samaritan can please help me with this;

by Evathyst(f): 10:34am
Good morning house,

Please ehn, I'm making this enquiry on behalf of someone. She graduated from OAU, and had since collected her certificate. She was as well mobilised for this upcoming youth service. But the problem is that this person in question doesn't have a valid means of identification;

-She had submitted her OAU I.D card in the course of collecting her certificate.
-She didn't have voters card nor did she have a National I.D card.
-Drivers licence and international passport, she doesn't posses any.

Now, my question is that what other means of identification can this person in question tender in camp so as not be barred from entering?

Awaiting your prompt response.

If she caan afford it, let her go to d nearest frsc capturing office, explain her probs and she shud get d temp issued with 15k immediately or at worst d next day, capturing n all!
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by otukpo(f): 11:32am On Apr 18, 2016
I love politics.
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Evathyst(f): 11:34am On Apr 18, 2016
ashjay001:

If she caan afford it, let her go to d nearest frsc capturing office, explain her probs and she shud get d temp issued with 15k immediately or at worst d next day, capturing n all!
The 15k is for the issuance of temporary what sir?
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by ijaw1stson: 11:41am On Apr 18, 2016
Evathyst:
Saraki as far as I know is a dead man walking. Until the emergence of David Mark, the seat of the Senate President has never been something a person relaxes on. undecided undecided

Anyways, that's what blind ambition does to someone. It prevents one from seeing the bigger picture and imagining the consequences of one's action. Saraki, when next you come to this world, remember to keep your ambition in check. wink wink

Meanwhile, I can see Pa Chukwudi44 up there. I wonder the calibre of Old men we now have in this generation. Gone are the days when old men are virtuous. Smh. undecided undecided

P.S

Any good samaritan can please help me with this;

by Evathyst(f): 10:34am
Good morning house,

Please ehn, I'm making this enquiry on behalf of someone. She graduated from OAU, and had since collected her certificate. She was as well mobilised for this upcoming youth service. But the problem is that this person in question doesn't have a valid means of identification;

-She had submitted her OAU I.D card in the course of collecting her certificate.
-She didn't have voters card nor did she have a National I.D card.
-Drivers licence and international passport, she doesn't posses any.

Now, my question is that what other means of identification can this person in question tender in camp so as not be barred from entering?

Awaiting your prompt response.
let her go to the business centers around her sch and do plastic Id card..its just #500.
that was what I used to go to camp...
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by anonimi: 11:50am On Apr 18, 2016
truthalways:
SARAKI: THE FACE OF CORRUPTION

TINUBU, the face of MEGA corruption

www.nairaland.com/attachments/530451_tinubu_jpgf761de4cf3f5f937f0386517bfb64644

1 Like

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by clickwtB(m): 11:50am On Apr 18, 2016
SARAKI ATTACKS APC FROM WITHIN TOO BRUTALLY,APC WILL RATHER HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING PDP THAN SARAKI!!!
Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by anonimi: 11:59am On Apr 18, 2016
clickwtB:
SARAKI ATTACKS APC FROM WITHIN TOO BRUTALLY,APC WILL RATHER HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING PDP THAN SARAKI!!!

Don't you think that is because APC is no different from PDP as in they are both the same

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

ceometromedia:
About 13 governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC were formerly members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

See list below:

1. Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun state

Using the PDP platform, he was elected Senator for the Ogun Central district of Ogun State in April 2003

2. Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state

He served as FCT minister under the PDP
[img]http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/attachments/nasir-el-rufai-jpg.70682/[/img]

3. Governor Aminu Masari of Kastina state

Former House of representatives speaker under the PDP.
[img]http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/attachments/aminu-masari-jpg.70683/[/img]

4. Governor Abubakar Bello of Niger State

Former Commissioner of Commerce and Investment under PDP.
[img]http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/attachments/governor-abubakar-bello-of-niger-state-jpg.70684/[/img]
5. Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto

Former Speaker of the house of representatives under the PDP
[img]http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/attachments/aminu-tambuwal-jpg.70685/[/img]
6. Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara state

Former Commissioner of Finance and development under the PDP
[img]http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/attachments/abdulfatah-ahmed-jpg.70687/[/img]
7. Governor Badaru Abubakar of Jigawa State

Former front runner of the PDP in Jigawa.
[img]http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/attachments/badaru-jpg.70688/[/img]
8. Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau state

Former speaker of the Plateau state house of assembly under PDP.

9. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano state

Former commissioner for local government and former Deputy Governor under PDP.

10. Governor Samuel Orthom of Benue state

Former Minister of Trade and Investment under PDP
[img]http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/attachments/samuel-ortom-jpg.70691/[/img]

11. Governor Tanko Al-Makura of Nasarawa state

Former frontliner of PDP in Nasarawa

12. Governor Abubakar Bagudu of Kebbi state

Former senator representing Kebbi Central under PDP

13. Governor Bindow Jubrilla of Adamawa state

Former Senator representing Adamawa North under PDP.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/02/13-apc-governors-who-were-formerly.html

1 Like

Re: Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave by Evathyst(f): 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
ijaw1stson:

let her go to the business centers around her sch and do plastic Id card..its just #500.
that was what I used to go to camp...
Plastic I.D card like how bro?

Will the so-called plastic I.D card be a replica of her school I.D card? Please expatiate!

Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP’s Jerry Alagboso Wins Imo Supplementary Election / Lai Mohammed, Others At Where The Chiboks Girls Are Receiving Treatment (photos) / Okowa And Dalung Inspect Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.