Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,588 members, 7,840,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics (43334 Views)

Buhari Apreciates UK Based Nigerian Who Sent Get Well Card To Him In London.PICS / James Ibori Looking Dapper As He Receives Delta State Delegates In London. PICS / Ben Murray-Bruce Dines At An Italian Restaurant In London. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by siegfried99(m): 3:56pm On Apr 18, 2016
Congratulations cheesy
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 18, 2016
I weep for my country undecided

1 Like

Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by CHIJIOKE1314: 3:58pm On Apr 18, 2016
[s]
Brugo:
You won't see Yorubas trolling the thread with boasts, provoking other ethnic groups but if this were a Biafran we all know how many foolish boasts we would read from clannish ignoramuses.

Yorubas are reasonable people who contribute positively as aliens in other climes and are accommodating to strangers. We don't go about telling our hosts that their land is "no man's land".

I am proud to be Yoruba.
[/s]

Since you pretended to be blind..

I give it to you.. Enjoy!

Coolgent:
I knew he must be Yoruba or any other tribe beside Ipob

Toosure70:
abi o? so far he is not iPad. Proudly Yoruba

Allee90:
Thank God he is not Igbo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by ronald4lif(m): 3:59pm On Apr 18, 2016
madenigga:
Northerners only claim usefulness in Nigeria,
Its only in Nigeria that u wud see a president put more northerners in his cabinet because to his flawed thinking northerners are more qualified and capable than Nigerians, but on a neutral ground away from Nigeria this people has never achieved anything.
Let them keep deceiving themselves.

Stop exposing your ignorance and acquiescing lunacy for public amusement. You know nothing about northerners and their migration culture. Northerners aren't in the habit of travelling abroad for greener pastures like other parts of Nigeria. They only holiday abroad and study and move back to their enclave to give back to the society what they've learned abroad.

It's nothing of pride or exulting for us to celebrate when a Nigerian attain such strides in the diaspora. Our best minds are being nipped from us by a society that doesn't wish us well and are only interested in depriving us of our astute academicians and here we're ignorantly gloating about it.

Even trying to berate northerners who have resisted in becoming slaves and second class bourgeois to these economic and academic terrorists who never wish Africans well is the height of silliness.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by kajoula(m): 4:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
jerseyboy:
ONLY HAUSA FULANI ARE COMPETENT INSIDE NIGERIA. OUTSIDE NIGERIA THEY GET NO HONORS. THERE LIES OUR PROBLEM.

What a country ..

1 Like

Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by CHIJIOKE1314: 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2016
IamAtribalist:

cool Why you finish am like dis? See wicked finishing. You bad o grin grin grin grin grin

You are a tribalist? Why?

You wicked pass me..
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by donbenedict(m): 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2016
daretodiffer:
I weep for my country undecided

weep not for nigeria. wink
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by CHIJIOKE1314: 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2016
IamAtribalist:

cool Why you finish am like dis? See wicked finishing. You bad o grin grin grin grin grin

You are a tribalist? Why?

You wicked pass me.. Respect!
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by blackprowler: 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
Shameless black apes searching the whole world for African "glory". The same man moved 5000km to become an elected official in a completely different country but he can not move 500km within his own country to become an elected official. Shame on the black ape!

2 Likes

Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
godoluwa:
so cooking with red oil is now a sin?
lol no offence. me dey gbadu ewa and plenty oil,, my favourite
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by 9jauk: 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
My sons and daughters would be praise as well in JESUS name Amen.

Congratulations Egbon"
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by 9jauk: 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
My sons and daughters would be celebrated in JESUS name Amen.

Congratulations Egbon"
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by juman(m): 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2016
jerseyboy:
ONLY HAUSA FULANI ARE COMPETENT INSIDE NIGERIA. OUTSIDE NIGERIA THEY GET NO HONORS. THERE LIES OUR PROBLEM.

Stop deceiving yourself.

In the last 17 years, southern people ruled the country for more than 13 years of it.

Southern people that ruled were also bad "leaders".
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by Onyeani5million(m): 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Freemason Regalia......

Your right seems like your a brother
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by samsam2019: 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2016
Balkan:
That one Na history making? Make history in inventions not politics.
Mr inventor, what have you invented?
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by tomholly: 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2016
Congrats oooooooooooooooooooooo
chimere66:
History was made in the Royal Borough of Greenwich, South-East London after a Nigerian man became the first elected African mayor of the community.
59-year-old Nigerian born Mayor Olugbenga Babatola, who has lived in the UK for decades, had previously served as a councillor in the Greenwich district - a position to which he was elected in 2014 for his inspirational leadership style.
In 2015, he became the first African to be elected as deputy Mayor and served alongside current Mayor, Norman Adam.

Babatola will be inaugurated into office as the first African Mayor of Greenwich on May 25, 2016.
"Looking around Royal Greenwich there's much to be proud of. The physical regeneration of our community continues apace, while there are many developments in our economic, social and community life," Council leader Denise Hyland said.
"I was determined that we should open the inauguration ceremony to more local people to reflect on the role our community plays in achieving the successes we have enjoyed over the past year. It is also a way to welcome Cllr Babatola to his new role as Mayor, and to thank Cllr Adams for his hard work and service during his tenure," she added.
The mayor is elected by council members at an annual meeting and the position is held for a year. He or she is the first citizen of the Royal Borough and acts as an ambassador at public affairs and at civic and ceremonial events

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/nigerian-councillor-olugbenga-babatola.html
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by Oblitz(m): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2016
jerseyboy:

Epic bashing grin

1 Like

Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by Chinom(m): 4:29pm On Apr 18, 2016
Is this not something like the "Eze ndi Igbo of Agege" in Lagos. As far as I know, London has just one mayor. That blond haired guy called Boris....

Anyway, congratulations to this 'mayor' of Peckham.
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 18, 2016
Brugo:
You won't see Yorubas trolling the thread with boasts, provoking other ethnic groups but if this were a Biafran we all know how many foolish boasts we would read from clannish ignoramuses.

Yorubas are reasonable people who contribute positively as aliens in other climes and are accommodating to strangers. We don't go about telling our hosts that their land is "no man's land".

I am proud to be Yoruba.
check the FTC before spewing trash
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by godoluwa(m): 4:47pm On Apr 18, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
lol no offence. me dey gbadu ewa and plenty oil,, my favourite
gud 4 u bro
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by silent10(m): 5:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
refiner:
...waooo....beautiful!...

tribalist are on dere way!undecided
They hv troop in already
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by Adaezeagu(f): 5:01pm On Apr 18, 2016
Brugo:

I am proud to be Yoruba.
e di very very stupid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by refiner(f): 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
silent10:
They hv troop in already
...lol...and u are one abi?tongue
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by silent10(m): 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2016
Allee90:

They serve as Masters and you as Slave in your Mothers land. Also known as Born to Rule!!!
Nice one. No where is beta dan home
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by Untainted007: 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
Aarenasbaba:

You get lakaye

Thanks boss.

1 Like

Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by silent10(m): 5:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
papiforreal:

Our use is to rule you whether you like it or not. Useless pipul

No mind d deluded mind ipob, roaming everywhere outside their states in search of greener pasture

1 Like

Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by Untainted007: 5:10pm On Apr 18, 2016
godoluwa:
Nigeria is HELL ON EARTH

If everybody run to make Nigeria a heaven on earth. Who will do it for us? The place we all run to (abroad), if they had done same like us by running from their responsibilties of making the country a heaven on earth. Can we be bold enought to go there now? Still on still, there can never be another place better than home.
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
Misleading title....Ms Lola Ayorinde was twice elected the mayor of Wandsworth.

3 Likes

Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by silent10(m): 5:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
refiner:

...lol...and u are one abi?tongue
I cnt be. I dnt even hv time 4 such
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by ooshinibos: 5:17pm On Apr 18, 2016
chimere66:
History was made in the Royal Borough of Greenwich, South-East London after a Nigerian man became the first elected African mayor of the community.
59-year-old Nigerian born Mayor Olugbenga Babatola, who has lived in the UK for decades, had previously served as a councillor in the Greenwich district - a position to which he was elected in 2014 for his inspirational leadership style.
In 2015, he became the first African to be elected as deputy Mayor and served alongside current Mayor, Norman Adam.

Babatola will be inaugurated into office as the first African Mayor of Greenwich on May 25, 2016.
"Looking around Royal Greenwich there's much to be proud of. The physical regeneration of our community continues apace, while there are many developments in our economic, social and community life," Council leader Denise Hyland said.
"I was determined that we should open the inauguration ceremony to more local people to reflect on the role our community plays in achieving the successes we have enjoyed over the past year. It is also a way to welcome Cllr Babatola to his new role as Mayor, and to thank Cllr Adams for his hard work and service during his tenure," she added.
The mayor is elected by council members at an annual meeting and the position is held for a year. He or she is the first citizen of the Royal Borough and acts as an ambassador at public affairs and at civic and ceremonial events

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/nigerian-councillor-olugbenga-babatola.html

he is British not nigeran
Re: Olugbenga Babatola Elected African Mayor In London(pics by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 18, 2016
So proud to be a yoruba,yoruba nd igbo representing everywhere,while d notherners keep killin nd supporting terrorism.even our niger delta brothers are doing great

God bless southern nigerian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Chairman, Oshiomhole Wears New Look (Photo) / Photo Shows Civilian-JTF Going To War With Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram War / Francisca Aladejana Slumps, Dies In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.