Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) (4929 Views)

Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome / Advice! Advice!! Advice!!! Strictly For Igbos Only / Umuigbo What Will It Take To Found Another Ohaneze? - (igbos Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by SonOfEl(m): 12:10am On Apr 19, 2016
A lot of comparison has been going on in recent times as regards "ndi bu ndi" in alaigbo particularly between two sister states, namely ABIA and ANAMBRA. other Igbo communities (IMO, ENUGU, EBONYI, ANIOMA, UPLAND RIVERS) have been at the sidelines trying to calm these two stubborn, vainglorious and ambitious states.

Years back, a thread in nairaland titled "Abia vs. Anambra, which is more organized?" brought analysis and counter-analysis involving the two states. Now, another thread on nnewi and aba has graced the front page of nairaland. I initially enjoyed the competitiveness thinking its still a healthy rivalry, now am getting pissed.

Anambra has made the nation proud and not-so-proud in so many ways, same for Abia too. So who is superior to the other? My answer - None. They both boast of commercial centers of old (Onitsha and Aba), classy towns (nnewi and abiriba), and cultural pride (NRI hegemony and ARO confederacy). WHY ARE WE TACKLING OURSELVES?

IMO ain't shouting, ENUGU isn't making noise, EBONYI is always humble, ANIOMA is a full barrel, UPLAND RIVERS no dey shout, WHY ANAMBRA AND ABIA?

check your NAIRA NOTES, the two igbo portraits there are from these two states; The heads of state in the past of Igbo extract came from these two states; the two political parties (APGA and PPA) that once held two states each in the east came from these two states; maybe that's what is making them feel too King Kong.

Am beginning to feel pissed. I love ANAMBRA with all my heart. Abia is my home state. But for real, am disenchanted with these unnecessary chest beating. Have we forgotten that other Igbo states and communities contributed IMMENSELY to the goodwill of ndigbo? Do we hear them making noise? In fact, I can arguably point out that our (ABIA and ANAMBRA) achievements are still being dwarfed by other Igbo places combined, (YES I SAID SO), so why the noise?

Umunnam biko nu, gu ishi unu...

LALASTICLALA, PLS DO THE NEEDFUL

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by SageTravels: 12:17am On Apr 19, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 19, 2016
SonOfEl:
A lot of comparison has been going on in recent times as regards "ndi bu ndi" in alaigbo particularly between two sister states, namely ABIA and ANAMBRA. other Igbo communities (IMO, ENUGU, EBONYI, ANIOMA, UPLAND RIVERS) have been at the sidelines trying to calm these two stubborn, vainglorious and ambitious states.

Years back, a thread in nairaland titled "Abia vs. Anambra, which is more organized?" brought analysis and counter-analysis involving the two states. Now, another thread on nnewi and aba has graced the front page of nairaland. I initially enjoyed the competitiveness thinking its still a healthy rivalry, now am getting pissed.

Anambra has made the nation proud and not-so-proud in so many ways, same for Abia too. So who is superior to the other? My answer - None. They both boast of commercial centers of old (Onitsha and Aba), classy towns (nnewi and abiriba), and cultural pride (NRI hegemony and ARO confederacy). WHY ARE WE TACKLING OURSELVES?

IMO ain't shouting, ENUGU isn't making noise, EBONYI is always humble, ANIOMA is a full barrel, UPLAND RIVERS no dey shout, WHY ANAMBRA AND ABIA?

check your NAIRA NOTES, the two igbo portraits there are from these two states; The heads of state in the past of Igbo extract came from these two states; the two political parties (APGA and PPA) that once held two states each in the east came from these two states; maybe that's what is making them feel too King Kong.

Am beginning to feel pissed. I love ANAMBRA with all my heart. Abia is my home state. But for real, am disenchanted with these unnecessary chest beating. Have we forgotten that other Igbo states and communities contributed IMMENSELY to the goodwill of ndigbo? Do we hear them making noise? In fact, I can arguably point out that our (ABIA and ANAMBRA) achievements are still being dwarfed by other Igbo places combined, (YES I SAID SO), so why the noise?

Umunnam biko nu, gu ishi unu...

LALASTICLALA, PLS DO THE NEEDFUL
Sense is different from wisdom. Some people get sense but them no get wisdom while some get wisdom but no sense. Op what were u thinking that made u conceive such a meaningless thread? Who told u all the trash u wrote. anambra and abia superior indeed; two educationally backward states when compared to IMO and enugu, I wonder what then made them superior

5 Likes

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by Scholes007(m): 1:36am On Apr 19, 2016
Op abian has not been found in any chest beating garlor both online and offline.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by raumdeuter: 2:23am On Apr 19, 2016
HalfTruth:
When they don't have Yorubas to hate, they turn on each other like uncultured animals.

Thats the truth. They live for hate. The only thing that unites them is hatred

If they dont have anyone to hate like Hausa or Yoruba they turn on themselves

12 Likes

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by jesse8048(m): 4:25am On Apr 19, 2016
And op u felt u made sense right? It's stuffs like this that makes me wonder about our fate in Biafran land. Why would you feel a state is more superior than the other. Pls stop deceiving and dividing igbos.

4 Likes

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by mightyhazel: 6:19am On Apr 19, 2016
Igbo bu ofu !

19 Likes

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by SonOfEl(m): 7:18am On Apr 19, 2016
jesse8048:
And op u felt u made sense right? It's stuffs like this that makes me wonder about our fate in Biafran land. Why would you feel a state is more superior than the other. Pls stop deceiving and dividing igbos.

Dude read the thread PROPERLY before commenting OK? Stop disgracing yourself.

1 Like

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by SonOfEl(m): 7:22am On Apr 19, 2016
ethene:

Sense is different from wisdom. Some people get sense but them no get wisdom while some get wisdom but no sense. Op what were u thinking that made u conceive such a meaningless thread? Who told u all the trash u wrote. anambra and abia superior indeed; two educationally backward states when compared to IMO and enugu, I wonder what then made them superior

Something is wrong with you. Did I say ANAMBRA and ABIA are superior Igbo states? You are suffering from a complex seriously. Why comparing those states academically with the states you mentioned? I think you have a serious complex.

4 Likes

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by SonOfEl(m): 7:30am On Apr 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

Pls, kindly leave the thread. Don't you read? This thread is for Igbo viewership alone.

6 Likes

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

i can't agree more. Thanks.

For the record I'm an Igboman to yhe core but your analysis is apt

2 Likes

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by SonOfEl(m): 7:38am On Apr 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

Ibadan tackles ijebu; alaafin of Oyo drags with ooni of ife. Healthy rivalries can proliferate. Its our duty to always put it in check. Stop venting your "hate" syndrome here.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by brize(m): 7:43am On Apr 19, 2016
Kedu aturu ojii biara ebe a n' acho ikpasacha umu igbo? Igbo bu otu, omasi gi bido ugbua divide ba ma rule be. dont tell me you are igbo because that is most used word by Yorubas. Ba be gi jee zuo ike.

6 Likes

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by Africonji: 7:44am On Apr 19, 2016
SonOfEl, I respect you more than this and know you are just trying to be diplomatic by lumping Abia and Anambra when it comes to chest-beating but the truth (and you know it) is that Anambra people are the main culprit here, with inferiority complex that drive them to always behave as if they are superior and better than the rest of us. If they are not putting down Aba it is Owerri they are tearing down (ask Abagworo). If they are not fighting Abia, it is Imo or Enugu they are bad-mouthing. Anambra brethren are the real guilty party when it comes to this sort of pettiness and chest-beating. That is the naked truth and everyone knows it, including you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by chumada: 7:45am On Apr 19, 2016
Abia is far better than anambra..........

Anambra is poor and dirty grin cheesy

Cc lolzzz ujaatu tongue

Pictures loading......

3 Likes

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by Scholes007(m): 7:50am On Apr 19, 2016
Africonji:
SonOfEl, I respect you more than this and know you are just trying to be diplomatic by lumping Abia and Anambra when it comes to chest-beating but the truth (and you know it) is that Anambra people are the main culprit here, with inferiority complex that drive them to always behave as if they are superior and better than the rest of us. If they are not putting down Aba it is Owerri they are tearing down (ask Abagworo). If they are not fighting Abia, it is Imo or Enugu they are bad-mouthing. Anambra brethren are the real guilty party when it comes to this sort of pettiness and chest-beating. That is the naked truth and everyone knows it, including you.
onye na wey ya. We should learn everyone's character and leave with them as such. I hv lived among umu omambala and i can tell just handful of places boast. If you grew up in onitsha then you would understand onye na wey ya.
Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by Scholes007(m): 8:07am On Apr 19, 2016
Why did they abandon enugu conference centre? It should be a landmark.

1 Like

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by Africonji: 8:14am On Apr 19, 2016
Scholes007:
onye na wey ya. We should learn everyone's character and leave with them as such. I hv lived among umu omambala and i can tell just handful of places boast. If you grew up in onitsha then you would understand onye na wey ya.
Ok Nwanne, but still the wayward ones amongst them must be cautioned to be more humble and brotherly. We are all equal and have our strengths and weaknesses. Everyone brings something special to the table. No one is more 'superior' than the rest. Na the same God create us.

2 Likes

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by SonOfEl(m): 8:16am On Apr 19, 2016
Africonji:

Nwannam....I hail you

2 Likes

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by Yujin(m): 8:24am On Apr 19, 2016
Umuigbo, onye uno ya n'agba oku o n'achu oke? Ogu chere anyi n'iru ka anyi rapuru bia n'ama onwe anyi aka. Ifele megbue unu ncha. Enwero mba na anaghi ese okwu n'etiti onwe fa. Unu bia, unu ewere okwu na uka ofeke n'abu kpo ya ogu Anambra na Abia. Unu a fugo ebe ndi n'achi ma-obu ndi ndu steeti a n'abu na-ese okwu? Che nu echiche ofuma tupu unu eweputa akuko di añaa n'ikuku. Igbo, onye ndiro gbara gburu gburu anaghi ala ru ula.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by Masterclass32: 8:32am On Apr 19, 2016
Yujin:
Umuigbo, onye uno ya n'agba oku o n'achu oke? Ogu chere anyi n'iru ka anyi rapuru bia n'ama onwe anyi aka. Ifele megbue unu ncha. Enwero mba na anaghi ese okwu n'etiti onwe fa. Unu bia, unu ewere okwu na uka ofeke n'abu kpo ya ogu Anambra na Abia. Unu a fugo ebe ndi n'achi ma-obu ndi ndu steeti a n'abu na-ese okwu? Che nu echiche ofuma tupu unu eweputa akuko di añaa n'ikuku. Igbo, onye ndiro gbara gburu gburu anaghi ala ru ula.

Okwu gi a di uto ka sugar cane. Gwa ha ka anyi mara ha aga ama ife. Anyi puta n'iro anyi ana agba onwe anyi oto.

2 Likes

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by SonOfEl(m): 9:04am On Apr 19, 2016
Yujin:

Bia nwoke....duo nwanne unu odu, maka na-obu ha n'e nwote ogbahara nime okwu gbasara njikota ANAMBRA na ABIA. Igbo nile ma na-obu ndi ANAMBRA na pugheri okwu n'uka.
Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by enlightenedmind: 10:33am On Apr 19, 2016
Evidence, even if igobs go, within Igbo there will still be d question of 'who is the best Igbo,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by raumdeuter: 4:05pm On Apr 19, 2016
SonOfEl:

Ibadan tackles ijebu; alaafin of Oyo drags with ooni of ife. Healthy rivalries can proliferate. Its our duty to always put it in check. Stop venting your "hate" syndrome here.

Can you show us a thread on this Nairaland dedicated to Ibadan people vs Ijebu people fighting

or one for Oyo people vs Ife people

While I can help you dig out Anambra vs Imo, Anambra vs Enugu, Anambra vs Abia etc

Shall we?

4 Likes

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by SonOfEl(m): 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

Can you show us a thread on this Nairaland dedicated to Ibadan people vs Ijebu people fighting

or one for Oyo people vs Ife people

While I can help you dig out Anambra vs Imo, Anambra vs Enugu, Anambra vs Abia etc

Shall we?

Whether you believe it or not, yorubas have sibling rivalries, only theirs is not as pronounced as that of igbos because igbos are naturally more competitive than they.

Stop trying to sound coherent, you are not. Take or leave, a healthy rivalry is okay, but when it gets toxic, it becomes a problem and that's exactly what am addressing on this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by raumdeuter: 7:10pm On Apr 19, 2016
SonOfEl:

Whether you believe it or not, yorubas have sibling rivalries, only theirs is not as pronounced as that of igbos because igbos are naturally more competitive than they.

Stop trying to sound coherent, you are not. Take or leave, a healthy rivalry is okay, but when it gets toxic, it becomes a problem and that's exactly what am addressing on this thread.

Are you saying you cannot provide evidence of this Yoruba rivalries e.g Oyo vs Ogun or Osun vs Ondo threads? Like you have the Anambra vs Enugu, Anambra vs Imo etc threads
Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by idensko(m): 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
D only pple creating diz rivalry is ANAMBRA

2 b honest wit u, m beging to detest them more than I detest d Fulanis

Dre chestbearn is beyond human comprehension,

Can u imagine, dis ANAMBRA guy, I feed u, I cloth u, I accommodate I even give u pocket money nd once
Dis argument comes up, he will start beating chest how ANAMBRA IS superior 2 other IGBOS.

One day I got so pissed up that I said somtn 2 him dat I hv 2 apologies later
Cos no matter what he is still my bro for a very long way.

Dey should just cut dis scrap b4 other igbos we start hatn @'dem.

2 Likes

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by SonOfEl(m): 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

Are you saying you cannot provide evidence of this Yoruba rivalries e.g Oyo vs Ogun or Osun vs Ondo threads? Like you have the Anambra vs Enugu, Anambra vs Imo etc threads

Dude stop this immaturity. Yorubas have sibling rivalries. Take it or leave it!
Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by raumdeuter: 7:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
SonOfEl:

Dude stop this immaturity. Yorubas have sibling rivalries. Take it or leave it!

Provide evidence at least on nairaland of such threads

1 Like

Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by kingsolo4u: 8:16pm On Apr 19, 2016
SonOfEl:

Dude read the thread PROPERLY before commenting OK? Stop disgracing yourself.
this thread is not necessary at all. I haven't hear where abia and anambra are dragging for superiority. May be in Ops dream. None sense thread.
Re: And The Winner Is.... (pls, For Igbos Only) by 66xtr9r: 8:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
raumdeuter:

raumdeuter:
Provide evidence at least on nairaland of such threads

As usual your Yoruba tribe have made careers out of lies, falsehood, noise-making, propaganda, abuse and slurs. So it's not surprising that you follow that line.

THE HYPOCRITICAL TRIBE
CreamyBanana: "That is nothing but the truth. I am a Yoruba man from Ondo state but I must say that Yoruba are the most wicked and hypocritical tribe in the world. Don't take their smile as love. They are the devil himself.

A Yoruba man will be laughing with you and be killing you at the same time. All the lecturers I ever had problems with were not only Yoruba but from the same state with me. They will be showing you around as their own brother but behind your back, they will be planning on how to destroy you and make sure you never reach their standards.

Yorubas prefer to destroy their own rather than help them. They don't want those below them to succeed. They always promise and fail. If a Yoruba man promise you a job, just forget it. You will just be wasting your time reminding him.

I have got more helps from Igbos and Hausas than even those that claim to be uncles. The only thing they are good at is making promises that they will never fulfil.

When I was looking for admission, it was an Igbo man that I did not even know from Adams that helped simply because he thought I was Igbo. A Yoruba man will never do that for his brother. Instead, they will be looking for every possible ways to bring him down.

My sister had problems with her supervisor who was a Yoruba man. But I never had a problem with my own supervisor who was a Hausa man.

I don't hate my people. I just hate their hypocrisy. People from other tribes are busy building their people and taking over our lands while we scheme on how to destroy ourselves.

I am in Ife. Please, anyone in Ife should go to Lagere now. All Igbos and Hausas have opened shop while my brothers are still sleeping and scheming evil against one another.

In Ilorin, Igbos, Hausas and Chinese have taken over everything because they keep on grooming and helping their brothers. Yorubas do not know how to build. They only know how to destroy one another.

Yoruba e ronu."

CreamyBanana: "You know I am telling the truth.

Do you know Igbos secrets of how they are taking over Lagos? Because, they will own a shop, train their clansman for a while and help him set up his own business. They are spreading while we are shouting instead of helping ourselves."

dominique: "I'm Yoruba and I painfully agree to some of the things said by the Op. When it comes to being your brother's keeper, most Yorubas are lacking in that regards. My mum told me of an experience she had when her car got stuck in mud. It was the Yoruba guys that told her to pass that area that the road is not that bad. When she did and got stuck, they demanded to push out the car for a fee. She got angry and told them that rather than pay them, she would look for other people to push out the car and pay them. While she was still tongue-lashing them, two Igbo (not sure of their tribe sha) guys came out from their shop and helped her push out the car. She offered them money and they declined. She felt so ashamed for her people, I also felt ashamed. I won't say my people are evil tho. Evil knows no tribe or religion. 

Yoruba e ronu tunwada (think and change your acts)"

bakynes: "Am Yoruba and you can confirm from my previous comments. I agree with the OP on the point that we don't help ourselves. Even while I was in the UK, I could notice the trend among Yorubas. Indians, Jamaicans, Ghanaians help their brothers and sisters to come to the UK and help them get papers but We Yorubas even report our fellow brothers to the Home office, we don't accommodate our family members new in a foreign country for more than 6 months. WhIle in Nigeria I met with a lot of family friends who had companies but they kept on promising on helping me secure a job. Majority not all like to see you down and want you to keep begging them for money than helping you stand on your own. Igbos on the otherhand setup their brothers to stand on their own."

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(photos) – Checkout The Cross River Super Highway / David Mark Breaks Two years Silence In Senate / Rest In Peace Nnamdi Of Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.