Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project (17611 Views)

Buhari Personally Negotiated Lagos-calabar Rail Project Funding – Osinbajo / Reps Battle Amaechi Over Infrastructure In South East / The Removal Of The Lagos-Calabar Rail: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by chudionu58(f): 8:15am On Apr 19, 2016
BENIN—AS controversy continues to trail the Lagos-Calabar rail project, a member of the House of Representatives Committee on Transport, Mr. Ehiozuwa Agbonnayima, has said that Minister for Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, lied when he claimed that the N100 billion Lagos-Calabar rail project was in the budget presented to the National Assembly by President Muhammadu Buhari.

He, therefore, called on the executive to own up and accept responsibility for the mix-up and stop blackmailing the National Assembly, adding that no provision was made for the project in the first and second budgets presented to the National Assembly.

He said: “First and foremost, the N100 billion for the Lagos – Calabar rail project which the Minister of Transportation claimed was in the budget, was never in the budget presented by President Buhari to both chambers of the National Assembly when they had a joint session.

“I can also tell you that when the budget was later brought back after the rumoured paddling, it was never in that second budget that was brought to the National Assembly. Let it be on record, yes, that there was a time the Minister wrote a letter to the National Assembly, not even to the entire National Assembly but to the Committee on Transport which I belong to on the issue,” adding that such a move does not remove the fact that the project was not included in the national budget.

The lawmaker, who represents Ikpoba-Okha/Egor federal constituency of Edo State, noted that accusing the National Assembly of removing the project from the national budget amounted to inciting Nigerians against members of the National Assembly.

“It was shocking to read on the pages of newspaper that N100 billion was removed from the 2016 budget. This is just another way of blackmailing the National Assembly. It is high time we stopped this blame game,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/budget-rep-slams-amaechi-lagos-calabar-rail-project/

7 Likes

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by chudionu58(f): 8:17am On Apr 19, 2016
Front page material @ lalasticlala! et al.
Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by rottennaija(m): 8:18am On Apr 19, 2016
Same old story

1 Like

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by micfoley: 8:43am On Apr 19, 2016
Dem Don turn this budget to table tennis o

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by KissCODE(m): 8:45am On Apr 19, 2016
I thought it was 60billion... How come i read 100billion here now?
Or are they padding the budget again?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by psucc(m): 8:47am On Apr 19, 2016
Which is correct I beg A. Reps slam Amaechi B. Reps apologized C. NASS finally bows D. All of the above.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by Akshow: 11:06am On Apr 19, 2016
I'm I the only one tired with this Lagos Calabar rail brouhaha?

Buhari, do and pass budget, the town is not smiling. Ur I too know is becoming unbearable.

Amaechi, go and rest we don taya with ur face. Start making noise wen we see the rail construction in progress.

Reps, God punish una for stealing, eating, and greedily allocating all those huge benefits, cars, money, etc without representing those who vote u there. Thunder faya una.

I'm done venting. Bye

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by jailsarakiCCT: 11:07am On Apr 19, 2016
grin grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by tobtap: 11:07am On Apr 19, 2016
give us the name of the nass member... the south should have more projects judging from this statistics.

1 Like

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by lilprinze: 11:08am On Apr 19, 2016
APC is the most confused party in the history of Nigeria

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 19, 2016
This entire 2016 budget saga is getting embarrassing. I hope it gets sorted out soon.

We need to put sentiments aside to move our dear country forward. THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by tola9ja: 11:08am On Apr 19, 2016
The law makkers smoke early morning weed
Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by refiner(f): 11:08am On Apr 19, 2016
undecided...wah do dey take us for?...fools?

which do we believe now?
Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by Dollyak(f): 11:08am On Apr 19, 2016
More than one year and the budget is yet to get full clearance? What a government and country. The system needs to be simplified by decentralizing the government. Only United Kingdom with different tribes has managed to make this type of centralized system work.

1 Like

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:09am On Apr 19, 2016
Apc really thinks we all are Zombies,thank God Nigerians are getting Wiser

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by lilprinze: 11:10am On Apr 19, 2016
APC and buhari have nothing positive to offer to Nigerians.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by Sunnycliff(m): 11:10am On Apr 19, 2016
micfoley:
Dem Don turn this budget to table tennis o

Na thunder go fire all of them join! Them they use our head play okoso
Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by blazetitov: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2016
He should keep quite. Nigerians don't trust the clowns calling themselves representatives. Gang of robbers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by molydonhenry(m): 11:11am On Apr 19, 2016
Smth z fishy abt dz budget. Well d truth wil soon unfold
Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by george4CHRIST(m): 11:11am On Apr 19, 2016
Lie lie amaechi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by Krossbow123: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2016
wetin we no go hear
Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by tola9ja: 11:12am On Apr 19, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by Originality007: 11:12am On Apr 19, 2016
shocked
Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by refiner(f): 11:13am On Apr 19, 2016
undecided
Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 19, 2016
Amaechi is a synonym for confusion
Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by Lordsocrates: 11:14am On Apr 19, 2016
funny.

i thought it was all agreed dat d calaba-lagos was not in the first budget... and this Ameachi pointed out in the video..

and Srnator Ashafa corroborated the fact that Ameachi did his best to correct that..

why are the blasting Ameachi when Jibril sat in some corner and drew up allocation for his constituency without defending it.. b4 anybody... #CallYourSenators and talk small sense to dem.. lets not politicise this again its almost may, still no budget.

3 Likes

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by asumo12: 11:14am On Apr 19, 2016
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by izzy4shizzy(m): 11:15am On Apr 19, 2016
Yooo
Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by CharlieMaria(m): 11:17am On Apr 19, 2016
What beats my imagination amidst this budget saga, both when it was missing and when it was manipulated till date is: Doesn't the President or his office have a copy of the original budget. Or is there a law that says there will be no back up copy of the country's budget?
Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by law001(m): 11:17am On Apr 19, 2016
Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by LordVoldemort(m): 11:18am On Apr 19, 2016
KissCODE:
I thought it was 60billion...
How come i read 100billion here now?

Or are they padding the budget again?

That's how you wil know the guy doesnt know what he Is saying. He j got released from rehab

2 Likes

Re: Budget: Rep Slams Amaechi Over Lagos-calabar Rail Project by saintkel(m): 11:19am On Apr 19, 2016
APC self

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ariaria Int'l Market, An Open Advert Of A Failed Govt - APC Chieftain (photos) / Ibrahim Sharada Called Out For Sharing ₦200 To Children In Kano / Gov. Umahi Disagrees With Southern Governors, Insists FG Should Collect VAT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.