Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Boko Haram Attack : 30 Terrorists Killed, 24 Soldiers Wounded In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Attack : 30 Terrorists Killed, 24 Soldiers Wounded In Borno (1226 Views)

Two Soldiers Wounded As Troops Raid Oil Bunkering Site In Rivers State. Photos / 14 Killed, 24 Injured In Borno Suicide Attack / 4 Soldiers Wounded As Troops Clear Boko Haram Terrorists From Borno. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Attack : 30 Terrorists Killed, 24 Soldiers Wounded In Borno by Originality007: 10:44am On Apr 19, 2016
By Kingsley Omonobi Abuja – Following Monday’s attack on troops of the 113 Battalion of the Nigerian Army in Borno, which were successfully repelled, military sources have told Vanguard that over 30 Boko Haram terrorists were killed while scores escaped with gunshot injuries. The terrorists’ who were said to have numbered almost a hundred, reportedly started the attack by launching IEDS on positions of the troops and followed with shooting from different angles all in a bid to confuse the troops but the soldiers aware of the tactic, stood their ground and fought back gallantly. Consequently, the military confirmed that 2 officers and 22 soldiers sustained various degrees of injuries from gunshots as well as IEDS attacks. No life was lost.

In a statement last night, Acting Director of Army Public Relations, Col Sani Usman said, “Please recall that Boko Haram terrorists attacked our troops’ location at Kareto, northern Borno State Monday morning. “The troops successfully repelled the attack and killed quite a number of the terrorists. “The situation has since been brought under control and reinforcement sent. “So far our troops had 2 officers and 22 soldiers wounded in action. “All of them have been evacuated to Military Hospital Maiduguri where they are receiving treatment. Usman attributed the successful defeat of the terrorists who attempted an incursion into 113 Battalion at Kareto Northern Borno State to timely response of the troops involved and provision of air cover by the Nigerian Airforce. While noting that the area is now cool and calm the Army Spokesman added that more reinforcement have been deployed to the Border community

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/boko-haram-attack-30-terrorists-killed-24-soldiers-wounded-in-borno/

Re: Boko Haram Attack : 30 Terrorists Killed, 24 Soldiers Wounded In Borno by hakanai(m): 10:55am On Apr 19, 2016
I say don't let the Terrorist retreat. Once re-enforcement arrive you get on there trail while its hot ,fast and swift. Ensure its the last attack that so called group of terrorist conduct in the area. There trails will be obvious with injured and disorganized terrorist. Give chase and let the Air-force scan the area to find the goons.

May God give the injured Soldiers quick recovery.
Anyway Kudos to 113 battalion,more grease to your elbows and God's speed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Attack : 30 Terrorists Killed, 24 Soldiers Wounded In Borno by onexile: 11:08am On Apr 19, 2016
I don't believe this report, this govt has a penchant for lieing.

BBC said something different.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack : 30 Terrorists Killed, 24 Soldiers Wounded In Borno by mightyhazel: 11:09am On Apr 19, 2016
Good

Killie dem all

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack : 30 Terrorists Killed, 24 Soldiers Wounded In Borno by hakanai(m): 11:19am On Apr 19, 2016
onexile:
I don't believe this report, this govt has a penchant for lieing.

BBC said something different.

Keep listening to BBC then and let them also tell you where there own unit is positioned in the conflict in Nigeria so we know if they have a reliable information pass NA or 133 battalion

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attack : 30 Terrorists Killed, 24 Soldiers Wounded In Borno by Hiploko(m): 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
hakanai:

Keep listening to BBC then and let them also tell you where there own unit is positioned in the conflict in Nigeria so we know if they have a reliable information pass NA or 133 battalion
apc supporter...lol! BBC don turn bad station for reporting the truth

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attack : 30 Terrorists Killed, 24 Soldiers Wounded In Borno by hakanai(m): 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
Hiploko:
apc supporter...lol! BBC don turn bad station for reporting the truth
Yes and is that a crime? Thank God the battle is being won. I trust what the military says over the BBC because they are the ones taking the heat and if they say that all is good then sure it is until someone from the NIGERIAN MILITARY or NIGERIA COMMUNITY that is affect says otherwise.
Ok or if SH say so. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attack : 30 Terrorists Killed, 24 Soldiers Wounded In Borno by DonBobes(m): 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2016
@op
Thnk u jarè for bringing it to NL for d doubting thomas to see. I don explain tire my mouth de pain me.
Kudos to our airforce though, because dey really tried. Atyms wen hope is lost and u hear d sound of dt iron bird in d sky bliv u me u wil feel lifted up. U wil think an angel as bn sent to ur rescue bliv me.
Re: Boko Haram Attack : 30 Terrorists Killed, 24 Soldiers Wounded In Borno by DonBobes(m): 6:47pm On Apr 19, 2016
hakanai:

Yes and is that a crime? Thank God the battle is being won. I trust what the military says over the BBC because they are the ones taking the heat and if they say that all is good then sure it is until someone from the NIGERIAN MILITARY or NIGERIA COMMUNITY that is affect says otherwise.
Ok or if SH say so. grin grin grin

Dts y d military chose Aljazeera over BBC!

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of El-rufai And Wife In Early 90's / Hijab: Wearing Hijab To School Is Never A Problem In Develop Countries. / Photos: 100 Militants Invade Ogun Community, Kill 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.