Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,906 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe (912 Views)

South East Development Commission Bill Excites Lawmakers (Photos) / There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Signed By Jewish Rabbi & Enyinnaya Abaribe In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2016
No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill in Senate — Abaribe

Abia State senator, Eyinnaya Abaribe, has called on the Committee on Rules and Business of the Senate to clarify issues on the existence of a Grazing Reserve Commission bill in the assembly.

Mr. Abaribe made the call at plenary on Thursday under a point of order.

He said he had sought clarification from the clerk of the Senate and confirmed that there was no such bill contrary to reports in the media.

Mr. Abaribe said he had received so many calls on the issue and had been accused by some of his constituents of being an absentee senator when the said the bill was not before the Senate.

“I have gotten more than 1,000 calls and this has to do with something called the Grazing Reserve Commission Bill.

“When I asked where is the information coming from, they said the information is coming from the social media.

“Mr President the last time a Grazing Reserve Commission Bill came to this Senate was in the 7th Senate and was proposed by Sen. (Zainab) Kure who is no longer in the Senate.

“So the reason why I am making this personal explanation is so that my constituents in Abia South will know that there is no such bill called Grazing Reserve Commission Bill before this Senate.

Foramfera

“I have taken time to ask the clerk and every other person to say where is this bill that has passed second reading and they said they also are in confusion, they have never seen such thing,” he said.

The President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, who was presiding at the time, noted the observation of the senator.

Mr. Saraki later left for the Code of Conduct Tribunal for continuation of his trial and the Deputy President, Chief Ike Ekwerenmadu, took over proceedings.

The News Agency of Nigeria recalls that the online media have been awash with reports that a Grazing Reserve Bill is before the Senate and has passed second reading.

According to the reports, the bill seeks to establish a commission which will take land in any part of Nigeria for use as grazing reserve. (NAN)
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/202055-no-grazing-reserve-commission-bill-senate-abaribe.html
Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by jlinkd78(m): 3:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
Good such a bill was never in the pipeline.
Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
its been confirmed.No such bill exists in the 8th senate

Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by modath(f): 3:56pm On Apr 19, 2016
It's so easy to & why do some derive joy from setting Nigerians against one another! lipsrsealed

Na wah for "News" without "legs to stand on"!
Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by HiddenShadow: 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
Thank God.

God forbid that bill even been suggested.
Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by maupe: 4:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
As i have consistently mentioned, the SR team are playing with fire. In the previous administration they were assumed to have been the watchdog and defender of the public and 99% who could not speak for themselves. They were very essential in putting the previous administration on their toes. But flashforward to the current day, and they have turned themselves to the mouthpiece of some certain top shots in the APC. They should retraced their steps now, before it is too late

1 Like

Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
maupe:
As i have consistently mentioned, the SR team are playing with fire. In the previous administration they were assumed to have been the watchdog and defender of the public and 99% who could not speak for themselves. They were very essential in putting the previous administration on their toes. But flashforward to the current day, and they have turned themselves to the mouthpiece of some certain top shots in the APC. They should retraced their steps now, before it is too late

Who still takes SR seriously

1 Like

Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by Jirate(m): 4:15pm On Apr 19, 2016
chukwudi44:

Who still takes SR seriously

Here they are…….

Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by Scholes007(m): 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
Jirate:

Here they are…….
grin grin grin that guy looks more like an imbec.ile cum zombie
abeg Mynd44 make una take to homepage
Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by AyakaDunukofia: 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
Senator Abaribe, good that such an infectious disease never existed in the house. And you guys from the SS/SE should not make the mistake of tinkering with such an agreement.

The thought of a Grazing Reserve Bill is the highest insult and disregard any senator can give his constituency. You can already see how polluting ii is from mere speculation. OK, I want to believe so.
Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by Daniel1673(m): 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2016
thk God! Notin loke dat existed! Is good oo
Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by EdCure: 4:44pm On Apr 19, 2016
chukwudi44:
its been confirmed.No such bill exists in the 8th senate
How many bills are these party-going senators are aware of before they get passed? Abairibe affirmed that the bill was brought in at the 7th senate. So where is it now?

The fact that some senators are oblivious of it does not mean that it doesn't exist in the house. It will be passed even in his absense. If Saraki could emerge in the manner he did, simply means anything can happen.

3 Likes

Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2016
Why are the three Senators frpm Lagos never in the news even if na waka pass.

It seems they are the morons of the House

1 Like

Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by Nkemtreasure: 5:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
EdCure:

How many bills are these party-going senators are aware of before they get passed? Abairibe affirmed that the bill was brought in at the 7th senate. So where is it now?

The fact that some senators are oblivious of it does not mean that it doesn't exist in the house. It will be passed even in his absense. If Saraki could emerge in the manner he did, simply means anything can happen.

Sir, it was a bill in the last Senate and wasn't passed. Automatically, it has expired and can only see the light of day if it's represented. If anyone tells you that he doesn't know when they are about to pass any bill, he is lying.

I personally think that our press should help matters by investigating before they publish. They should stop this issue of A SOURCE somewhere. Imagine the division this lie has provoked even on Nairaland here.
Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by LoveMachine(m): 6:42pm On Apr 19, 2016
So now we need a source for a source? 419 newspapers!
Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by Okeycima: 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2016
All I see is people trying to cover their tracks,it is good for them to know that gone are the days that the represented don't know what the representatives are doing.those saying that the bill is not Valid or not in existence should remember what Gov.mimiko said about the issue
Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by Nobody: 5:29am On Apr 20, 2016
EdCure:

Whatever,the bill is dead and I don't think anyone will ever present it to the house ever again.
Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by eyesofgod: 5:56am On Apr 20, 2016
chukwudi44:

Whatever,the bill is dead and I don't think anyone will ever present it to the house ever again.

Chukwudi, since when have the words of our lawmakers become sacrosanct? The ripples of the callousness of, esoecially, the southern senators over the budget can still be seen.
Re: No Grazing Reserve Commission Bill In Senate — Abaribe by Sydney22: 6:41am On Apr 20, 2016
I pray ooo kiss

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Ongoing Road Rehabilitation Inside LASU Campus / Godswill Akpabio:'Statement That Herdsmen're 4rm Niger,Chad & Mali Is Baseless' / Photos: NLC Protesters Destroy Cars Of Workers Not Participating In Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.