Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,605 members, 7,840,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State (40810 Views)

Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) / List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget / Okorocha Has Failed: Present Condition Of Roads In Owerri(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by fairheven: 11:51am On Apr 20, 2016
Adaure4ever:
madam Op, Aba was neglected mainly by Thief A Orji, Ochendi Ohi The vote stealer, who was in enemity with the Ngwa people(Aba is the city of Ngwa Clan) due to his low popularity among them and the pure waters that they love throwing at him.
Ikpeazu an Ngwa man just came in as governor and he is doing quite well in the area of Aba case, remember that allocation is low due to Bad economy.
Everyone know about Aba case, so the whinning about it is becoming an EARSORE.
Ikpeazu an Ngwa man MUST fix Aba.
Ihe Ohino unu umu ohuhu ni kitoshi ala ngwa, gbachara nu anya ohi no, Onye si no ala ngwa na asa ya afo, ogwara ma la. Ikpeazu ga Emezi Aba.

are you not contradicting yasef?
if you call T.A orji "vote stealing" doesn't that imply that he also stole the votes that brought IKPEAZU TO POWER?.. and if he stole for Ikpeazu..the cycle of stealing would continue

if you say he hated NGWA PPLE, why fight so had to make Ngwa man governor?
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by OILOFGLADNESS: 12:14pm On Apr 20, 2016
SageTravels:
[size=18]PRAY FOR OUR LEADERS. There is no state in Nigeria that does not bad roads. Mr. OP stop acting as if your just coming back from the moon. No be Naija we dey[/size]

Anambra have no bad road.

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by olisafincy(m): 12:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
GUYS ITS EVEN WORSE THAN WHAT YOU SEE , ESPECIALLY THE PORTHARCOURT ROAD.
The only saviour of that state is otti.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by dfrost: 12:53pm On Apr 20, 2016
Stylz69:

The state and federal government are responsible for maintaining existing structures (roads). If the state government cannot maintain state roads and asks a private company to do it and toll it. Would you pay?
Anyway, hopefully this model city will trigger the State government to improve its existing cities.

When I referred to existing structures, I wasn't implying only roads. Basic infrastructure like the ones you mentioned: refuse. The government can decide to map out a portion of the state for waste disposal/management. An individual can't do it lest the owners of the land lynch him or her to death.

The area you where mentioning is likely not to roads only but housing et al. So roads is a major problem not the only problem.

Aba is to the East as Lagos is to the West albeit without a seaport. People used to come from the North to get materials for clothing et al but no longer the case because of the roads.

I concur with you on the point of the residents and their manner of approach wrt refuse disposal. It's a culture thing and not necessarily governmental but the government has to put measures in place for moving refuse/waste at the right time.

Lastly I'm not from Abia but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be concerned. I have friends there so I visit the town once in a while.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by bobothem(m): 1:10pm On Apr 20, 2016
Ponponkon:
Tell the fool to name the roads he showed you. He got you old pictures and you are happy. The only correct picture here is Porharcourt road a federal road which he took in different angles and duplicated. if the mugu had even taken pictures of osusu road which has been flagged off but the contractors are yet to done a meaningful work,I would have even given him little attention. We know how you gredy creepers feel about losing power after abusing it. but we will continue to put you to shame. I will go round as usual and burst the iddiots lies. I know all the roads cannot be fixed overnight and I've never hidden that fact. The op is the same foool competing with one lolz or agbagworo about anambra
All the pictures are that of Port Harcourt Road
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Scholes007(m): 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
danasjoe1:
Abia is the less developed state in whole eastern states what a big shame to abia state..
pls where do you know in abia state? Besides if you are to rehabilitate aba it will take not less than $2-6billion. Aba is not a small city that you can walk around as the op made it to look like. Do you know this is still aba. brass junction

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Eme121(m): 2:00pm On Apr 20, 2016
State wey God calm down cause. Abia d worst state in Nigeria. State wey God calm down cause. Abia d worst state in Nigeria. State wey God calm down cause. Abia d worst state in Nigeria.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Scholes007(m): 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2016
omenka:
Someone just said the roads are federal roads. Never heard of inner city streets being federal roads. cheesy

Aba must be a very unique "city".
there is no inner roads in those pictures, it all along ph express road, ariria junction and ossisioma axis. I am not saying aba is in great shape but it is too large to be defined by one express road. Why didn't try inner roads like this brass road

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Stylz69(m): 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
dfrost:

When I referred to existing structures, I wasn't implying only roads. Basic infrastructure like the ones you mentioned: refuse. The government can decide to map out a portion of the state for waste disposal/management. An individual can't do it lest the owners of the land lynch him or her to death.

The area you where mentioning is likely not to roads only but housing et al. So roads is a major problem not the only problem.

Aba is to the East as Lagos is to the West albeit without a seaport. People used to come from the North to get materials for clothing et al but no longer the case because of the roads.

I concur with you on the point of the residents and their manner of approach wrt refuse disposal. It's a culture thing and not necessarily governmental but the government has to put measures in place for moving refuse/waste at the right time.

Lastly I'm not from Abia but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be concerned. I have friends there so I visit the town once in a while.

Well inform your friends to save up so they can move out of Aba to this new district. It will have a proper waste management disposal plan so they won't keep getting high on Methane from the decomposing waste. I won't say that Aba is beyond repairs but the state of those roads are unbelievable. How could they have been left to degrade to such a level. The Governor is passionate about public private partnership so I believe he may leave waste management to the private sector. Who knows??
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by danasjoe1: 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2016
Scholes007:
pls where do you know in abia state? Besides if you are to rehabilitate aba it will take not less than $2-6billion naira. Aba is not a small city that you can walk around as the op made it to look like. Do you know this is still aba. brass junction
does that pix look cool to youu can never compare abia to enugu,imo,anambra or even ebonyi state which is also trying to develop in his own little way..to me abia past n present governors has been a scam to the people
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by dfrost: 4:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
Stylz69:

The Governor is passionate about public private partnership so I believe he may leave waste management to the private sector. Who knows??

Food for thought. Let's see how it goes. Ciao.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by dfrost: 4:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
Eme121:
State wey God calm down cause. Abia d worst state in Nigeria.

Bros you get proof say God curse the state? Haba. Fear God nah shocked
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by dfrost: 5:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
obyrich:
Where do you know in Aba? I know Port-Harcourt road like the back of my hand. I schooled at National High School, Aba for 6 years. As at the late 90s, that road had been unmotorable. Uratta junction, Ojoto and Umuagbai sections of the roads were known as isimiri due to the massive pool of water at those areas.

Hi obyrich if you an alumni of NHS, the names Bob Satan and Dark MC should ring a bell to you. I sent you a pm.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by dfrost: 5:51pm On Apr 20, 2016
obyrich:
Where do you know in Aba? I know Port-Harcourt road like the back of my hand. I schooled at National High School, Aba for 6 years. As at the late 90s, that road had been unmotorable. Uratta junction, Ojoto and Umuagbai sections of the roads were known as isimiri due to the massive pool of water at those areas.

Hi obyrich if you an alumni of NHS, the names Bob Satan, Dark MC should ring a bell to you. I sent a pm to you.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by obyrich(m): 7:18pm On Apr 20, 2016
dfrost:

Hi obyrich if you an alumni of NHS, the names Bob Satan, Dark MC should ring a bell to you. I sent a pm to you.
I remember those names wella. BOB SATAN used to carry a stainless pistol to school. Remember 'Ebu Agba' the DM? That guy can flog the hell out of your coconut head. He was an Igbo teacher.Mr Nwogu the mathematics teacher, was another terrorist those. Those guys can remould ones destiny with their canes. I wonder in retrospect what those were thinking those days. I guess it was a case of transferred agression of pent up frustration from military government. Anyway those days are gone.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by obyrich(m): 7:22pm On Apr 20, 2016
danasjoe1:
does that pix look cool to youu can never compare abia to enugu,imo,anambra or even ebonyi state which is also trying to develop in his own little way..to me abia past n present governors has been a scam to the people
Please how is the present governor a scam? Because he has failed to build all roads in Aba in less than a year? Where is your conscience?
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by dfrost: 7:32pm On Apr 20, 2016
obyrich:
I remember those names wella. BOB SATAN used to carry a stainless pistol to school. Remember 'Ebu Agba' the DM? That guy can flog the hell out of your coconut head. He was an Igbo teacher.Mr Nwogu the mathematics teacher, was another terrorist those. Those guys can remould ones destiny with their canes. I wonder in retrospect what those were thinking those days. I guess it was a case of transferred agression of pent up frustration from military government. Anyway those days are gone.

Guy your head is there wella. I remember them sadistic teachers wella. It was the days of Ike Nwosu nah so everyone was as frustrated as you could imagine. Reply my pm so we don't derail the thread. My guess is that we might know each other. I dey keep low profile because of lipsrsealed

Izora cane memories no dey comot for my head cheesy grin wink
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Schematics: 11:23pm On Apr 20, 2016
Chidiebere lolzzzz I know you are still very hurt over this thread but no be open am, even though the pix are genuine and real. cheesy cheesy
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Schematics: 6:53am On Apr 21, 2016
chumada:
Am seriously crying for my state cry cry cry

Chai

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Schematics: 6:59am On Apr 21, 2016
Chai chidiebere is still bitter. cheesy

lolzzzz:
my point, anybody who defends aba is an illiterate who doesn't know the indices for the measurement of development, that aba town is a shame to southeast.

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Schematics: 7:10am On Apr 21, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
Abia state entirely is an open gutter. Spend one week in Aba and I assure you, you would contract an airborne disease. Filth and dirt everywhere

The OP is heartless cheesy

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Scholes007(m): 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2016
danasjoe1:
am not saying it's cool but What the op is trying to do is too bad. Painting/defining a whole city like aba with only a road or one area.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Schematics: 2:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
Chidiebere(lolzzzz) I understand why you are still feeling very hurt! But be careful.. cool
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by B2mario(m): 10:07pm On Apr 23, 2016
Ponponkon:
Tell the fool to name the roads he showed you. He got you old pictures and you are happy. The only correct picture here is Porharcourt road a federal road which he took in different angles and duplicated. if the mugu had even taken pictures of osusu road which has been flagged off but the contractors are yet to done a meaningful work,I would have even given him little attention. We know how you gredy creepers feel about losing power after abusing it. but we will continue to put you to shame. I will go round as usual and burst the iddiots lies. I know all the roads cannot be fixed overnight and I've never hidden that fact. The op is the same foool competing with one lolz or agbagworo about anambra

Bro I'll be happy if you can help us and get some current pix of Aba. such places like factory road, ekenna, umungasi, Aba-owerri road, brass, okpulor, ASA, azikiwi road, tenant road, east road, market road, school road, hospital road, bevery-hill road, mosque road, old and new GRA etc. I'm far from home if not I would have done it myself. Abia is a blessed state one have to be proud of, one of the most developed and industrialized states in Nigeria.

Abia is the light and proud of Igboland, we are leading almost in everything. Aba might not be good but better than most Nigerian cities and people should not judge Abia based on some few bad roads in Aba.

I know TA. Orji failed Aba but it still retain its glory as the most planned city in Nigeria and a city with the highest number of high rise and decent buildings distributed round the city, Aba does not have a place one can call slum. every part of the city has decent and beautiful houses.

I don't know where the issue of CURSED STATE emanated, no right thinking person will look at Abia with her potentials and term her a cursed state. Apart from Enugu and Imo state in southeast which other state is better than Abia in terms of beauty?

Abia has the highest number of cities in the whole of southeast.
•Anambra has one city, Onicha and two other towns, awka and Nnewi
•Imo has one standard city, Owerri, 2 semi city-towns, Orlu and Okigwe and many towns like Oguta, Umuaka, Mgbidi, Nkwerre, Nwaorieubi, Anara etc.
•Enugu has one standard and super city, Enugu and one semi city-town, Nsukka and many urbanised towns/areas like Orji river, Obollo afor, ehamufu etc.
•Ebonyi has one city, Abakiliki and two towns, Afikpo and Uwana.

But Abia has 4 cities, Aba, Umuahia, Arochukwu, and Ohaofia, 5 towns, Abiriba, Igberre, Alayi, Uzoakoli and Amaigbo, 9 semi towns like Uturu, Azumili, Ohanku, Umudike, Amawor, Umuokpara, Owerrinta, Ndioro and Owaza. Don't mind the op of this thread, it's Chino, the mad cow.

Abia has it's great share in Nigeria history through Arochukwu. It was an Aro man, Eze-chime that founded Onitsha in Anambra which Zik retraced his origin to Benin kingdom in one of his writings because he wanted to gain political prominence in Edo people of old Midwestern region of Nigeria. It was also an Aro man that founded Efik in cross river state, Agbo clan in Abi LGA of Cross river state, Arondizogu in Imo state, Andoni and Bonny in rivers state and some part of Ikwerre clan.

In the past we produced many figures and we are still producing them today.
We are silent great achievers and we don't make noise unlike our sister state Anambra.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Schematics: 10:16pm On Apr 23, 2016
Your problem is that you don't like facing reality. There is no state in the southern Nigeria that Abia state is better than. Did you even go through this thread? You should be weeping for your state right now.

[s]
B2mario:

Bro I'll be happy if you can help us and get some current pix of Aba. such places like factory road, ekenna, umungasi, Aba-owerri road, brass, okpulor, ASA, azikiwi road, tenant road, east road, market road, school road, hospital road, bevery-hill road, mosque road, old and new GRA etc. I'm far from home if not I would have done it myself. Abia is a blessed state one have to be proud of, one of the most developed and industrialized states in Nigeria.

Abia is the light and proud of Igboland, we are leading almost in everything. Aba might not be good but better than most Nigerian cities and people should not judge Abia based on some few bad roads in Aba.

I know TA. Orji failed Aba but it still retain its glory as the most planned city in Nigeria and a city with the highest number of high rise and decent buildings distributed round the city, Aba does not have a place one can call slum. every part of the city has decent and beautiful houses.

I don't know where the issue of CURSED STATE emanated, no right thinking person will look at Abia with her potentials and term her a cursed state. Apart from Enugu and Imo state in southeast which other state is better than Abia in terms of beauty?

•Imo has one standard city, Owerri, 2 semi city-towns, Orlu and Okigwe and many towns like Oguta, Umuaka, Mgbidi, Nkwerre, Nwaorieubi, Anara etc.
•Enugu has one standard and super city, Enugu and one semi city-town, Nsukka and many urbanised towns/areas like Orji river, Obollo afor, ehamufu etc.

But Abia has 4 cities, Aba, Umuahia, Arochukwu, and Ohaofia, 5 towns, Abiriba, Igberre, Alayi, Uzoakoli and Amaigbo, 9 semi towns like Uturu, Azumili, Ohanku, Umudike, Amawor, Umuokpara, Owerrinta, Ndioro and Owaza. Don't mind the op of this thread, it's Chino, the mad cow.

Abia has it's great share in Nigeria history through Arochukwu. It was an Aro man, Eze-chime that founded Onitsha in Anambra which Zik retraced his origin to Benin kingdom in one of his writings because he wanted to gain political prominence in Edo people of old Midwestern region of Nigeria. It was also an Aro man that founded Efik in cross river state, Agbo clan in Abi LGA of Cross river state, Arondizogu in Imo state, Andoni and Bonny in rivers state and some part of Ikwerre clan.

We are silent great achievers and we don't make noise unlike our sister state Anambra.

[/s]
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by deutchroyal: 10:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
Thanks bros where is that cocky chino or china

B2mario:

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by B2mario(m): 10:28pm On Apr 23, 2016
Ponponkon:

I'll try and post some last year pix I have here.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by deutchroyal: 10:31pm On Apr 23, 2016
Chino; Schematics: ujaatu
Someday you'll be too old to get away with such antics"I told you that i will destroy you here, you are no longer relevant chai chai there is Godooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by B2mario(m): 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2016
deutchroyal:
Thanks bros where is that cocky chino or china

The guy above me, that's one of his numerous monikers
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by B2mario(m): 10:47pm On Apr 23, 2016
Schematics:
Your problem is that you don't like facing reality. There is no state in the southern Nigeria that Abia state is better than. Did you even go through this thread? You should be weeping for your state right now.

[s][/s]

Oga I'll prove you wrong with pictures no need of argument. You know right inside you that Abia state is better than your state. your Awka does not near Umuahia in terms of infrastructure and Aba upon the bad state of Portharcourt road, Uratta and Omuma road is still better than your Onitsha.
If you argue too much we do picture comparison here.

I've seen your handwork here, welldone
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Schematics: 10:50pm On Apr 23, 2016
Are you not ashamed of yourself? Don't you know that Abia state is hell? Umuahia is a rural area while Aba is hell of Nigeria. Go through the comments of people on this thread. It is enough to get you commit suicide. Abia state is dead. cheesy

B2mario:

Oga I'll prove you wrong with pictures no need of argument. You know right inside you that Abia state is better than your state. your Aba does not near lokoja in terms of infrastructure and Aba upon the bad state of Portharcourt road, Uratta and Omuma road is still better than hell.
If you argue too much we do picture comparison here.

I've seen your hard work here, welldone
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by B2mario(m): 11:07pm On Apr 23, 2016
Schematics:
Are you not ashamed of yourself? Don't you know that Abia state is hell? Umuahia is a rural area while Aba is hell of Nigeria. Go through the comments of people on this thread. It is enough to get you commit suicide. Abia state is dead. cheesy

Lol I'm laughing in Jewish huhuhuh. If Abia is a hell then Anambra is something worse than hell. Nothing is working in your state because of your inherent greed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dayo Adewole Thanks Nigerians As He Regains Freedom (Photos) / Wike Meets With Fayemi, Omisore In London As Rift With Atiku Widens / Federal Government To Probe Soludo And Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.