Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai (28005 Views)

Prophet MKO Tibetan: Saraki Will Be Impeached Before October And Sent To Jail / 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis / Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by lanxlot(m): 1:47pm On Apr 20, 2016
Chai! 2nd page...wetin I cum wan read d topic 4.
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by tolexy007(m): 1:47pm On Apr 20, 2016
h
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by macaranta(m): 1:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
Ok
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by ajebuter(f): 1:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
Seee gobe! grin grin grin
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by KevZeal(m): 1:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
Theres no point chasing this...the bill wont stand.It would have worked in Borno n other states not Kaduna where 60% are muslims and 40% are christians
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2016
How many pastors are really ready to die for the gospel in Nigeria, we saw alot of them running away from maiduguri, they cant leave their expensive cars and houses and jets behind.

They will definitely reach a compromise with el-rufai.
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by EbukaLive(m): 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
KevZeal:
Theres no point chasing this...the bill wont stand.It would have worked in Borno n other states not Kaduna where 60% are muslims and 40% are christians

What is the bill about?
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2016
THAT MEANS THE MAN IS SO SPECIAL 'IF GOD WILL WAIT FOR HIM ON JUDGMENT DAY' U NO ONE IS WAITING FOR U PELE
jamesbanjo:

I HATE THIS MAN

angry angry angry

GOD IS WAITING FOR HIM ON D LAST DAY angry
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Goke7: 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2016
verboten:
It's just licensing na. Why are they acting so funny? Don't all the pastoring schools and seminaries issue qualifying certificates? I dunno when a screening process and subsequent verification became anathema to Christianity.

very intelligent post I must say, I wanted to register an NGO few years ago and it took a very rigorous process and long time to get it registered. I asked the lawyer who was in charge if this is what churches go thru to get registered cos its the same category, the lawyer laughed very hard and said that most churches in Nigeria are not registered with CAC, even the so called big ones, I was shocked.

I am a practicing christian but truth be told, many churches in Nigeria are not operating legally, because we are a very religious sensitive nation, the Govt is overlooking some of these issues. I stand for the licencing of Pastors cos this will reduce the criminal acts being perpetrated all in the name of pastoring. The only issue I have with the Kaduna law is the time limit of religious activities beyond 8pm which is what the Christians in Kaduna should oppose and sort out amicably with the Govt.

3 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by emerged01(m): 1:57pm On Apr 20, 2016
matrix199:
I support the bill.

Even the bible tells us to beware of false prophets and false doctrines. The bill is going to check religious extremism.
That's what I feel but I remember that I'm in Nigeria when things get twisted. So concerning the matter,im in between.
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by GWMI(m): 2:00pm On Apr 20, 2016
From the comments here, i still see christians(mostly from the western states)supporting this evil bill.I think such christians are worst than ESAU who sold his birth right because of food.That you are supporting APC does'nt mean you should be blind to the truth.Shame on you Christians who politize the message of the Kingdom just to prove you are smart.Shame on you.I stand with the Kaduna CAN/PFN, where Jesus go we as Christians will go.So if they say they want to kill us, we are ever ready to die for Christ.I Love You Jesus.Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Megaideas(f): 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2016
olapluto:
The current generation of Nigerian Christian is an aberration from what christianity should be. If Jesus came into Nigeria today, CAN and PFN will deny him.

Watch your tongue. Freedom of expression does not mean talking senselessly.

2 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by prinsam30: 2:06pm On Apr 20, 2016
still on this matter? na wa oooo, Hunger wan Kill people for Kaduna state, bad roads everywhere, student running away from school after eating governor's food, no light, no fuel, heat wan kill person for inside room, all these problems una no see am Abi? na bill dey sweet una to pass, OK oooo we dey here dey watch una

1 Like

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by chuckpeter001(m): 2:08pm On Apr 20, 2016
Shuld b ready to jail 5000 pastors. Oga police Neva handle u b4 na.. U re on ur own cos d bill is here to stay. Only d guilty religious leaders will b scared of d bill.

1 Like

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Silent104: 2:09pm On Apr 20, 2016
For can 2 say dey dnt agree with d bill, which is aim at checking religious extremist, mak me 2 believe dat most pastors re extremist. Churches re truly business Enterprises. It's a pity
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Megaideas(f): 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2016
El Rufai is always looking for a cheap notice. But Apostle Johnson Suleiman has told him all there is to tell him. Arrogant man! I na-ezuzu ezuzu. You think your demonic wisdom will vindicate you. Let's watch and see.
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by jamesbanjo(m): 2:11pm On Apr 20, 2016
guest12345:
THAT MEANS THE MAN IS SO SPECIAL 'IF GOD WILL WAIT FOR HIM ON JUDGMENT DAY' U NO ONE IS WAITING FOR U PELE

For judgements nah...

How do yu think angry angry angry
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 2:13pm On Apr 20, 2016
The El-rufai i knew as the then Minister of the F.C.T was an extremist, he goes all out when trying to achieve his objectives but in handling kaduna as a state he's going encounter bumps with that ideology of his.
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Megaideas(f): 2:18pm On Apr 20, 2016
Goke7:

very intelligent post I must say, I wanted to register an NGO few years ago and it took a very rigorous process and long time to get it registered. I asked the lawyer who was in charge if this is what churches go thru to get registered cos its the same category, the lawyer laughed very hard and said that most churches in Nigeria are not registered with CAC, even the so called big ones, I was shocked.

I am a practicing christian but truth be told, many churches in Nigeria are not operating legally, because we are a very religious sensitive nation, the Govt is overlooking some of these issues. I stand for the licencing of Pastors cos this will reduce the criminal acts being perpetrated all in the name of pastoring. The only issue I have with the Kaduna law is the time limit of religious activities beyond 8pm which is what the Christians in Kaduna should oppose and sort out amicably with the Govt.

Are you born again? If your so called El Rufai is doing well, why is he partisan in his Bill? How does it affect his Muslim brothers? Is Nigeria not a secular state? Do we not have freedom of worship?
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by nijanigga: 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2016
What happens to that $105 million seized from can president by South Africa they can use that money to fight el Rufai
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 20, 2016
matrix199:
I support the bill.
Even the bible tells us to beware of false prophets and false doctrines. The bill is going to check religious extremism.
But, how do we know when fight against Islamist extremism will quickly be reversed to persecution of Christians, hence the need for caution.
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Goke7: 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
Megaideas:

Are you born again? If your so called El Rufai is doing well, why is he partisan in his Bill? How does it affect his Muslim brothers? Is Nigeria not a secular state? Do we not have freedom of worship?

Does freedom of worship means that a church should not be registered with CAC? Have you ever wondered why the Muslims are not talking and making noise like the Christians are doing? How is the bill partisan? Have you studied that bill carefully?

My faith does not tell me to disobey the laws of the land if its not in contradiction with what the bible says, I have stated my views here that I oppose the time issue beyond 8pm but as for licencing, I am in full support.

3 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Junior66(m): 2:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
the problem is that the bill affects xtianity disproportionately whereas it is Islam xtremism it is supposed to curb.

1 Like

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by TeamSimple(m): 2:28pm On Apr 20, 2016
We have enough prisons to accommodate them and even more if they go against the law.

1 Like

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by TeamSimple(m): 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
jamesbanjo:
I HATE THIS MAN

angry angry angry

GOD is waiting for all man on the last day. Not just El rufai.
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Junior66(m): 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2016
Goke7:

Does freedom of worship means that a church should not be registered with CAC? Have you ever wondered why the Muslims are not talking and making noise like the Christians are doing? How is the bill partisan? Have you studied that bill carefully?

My faith does not tell me to disobey the laws of the land if its not in contradiction with what the bible says, I have stated my views here that I oppose the time issue beyond 8pm but as for licencing, I am in full support.
Muslims are not making noise about the said bill becos it hurts xtianity more dan it hurts dem.

1 Like

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by verboten: 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
Goke7:

Thanks. It seems churches are now becoming more aware of the need for registration and I've been seeing more and more of them registering with the CAC.

The licensing will takes nothing away from them, since CAN will be on the licensing committee to safeguard their interests. I agree about the time limit too, which coincidentally ends at the same time as the last Muslim prayer for the day, though to be fair there are other Muslim activities that take place in public after that time too.

1 Like

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Jacks14: 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2016
jamesbanjo:

I HATE THIS MAN

angry angry angry

gullible olodo....ur eyes not clear yet

1 Like

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by ekefre4(m): 2:35pm On Apr 20, 2016
Some people who don't even know what the bill is about will come here and start spewing trash. To me the bill I very necessary. Imagine staying in a neighbourhood where a church will be making noise throughout the night that you are unable to sleep. Imagine being woken up every morning by the speakers from the mosque. We Nigerians just lack tolerance and we fail to see that 90% of the problem we have in this country can be attributed to religion. If it were left for me there will be nothing like morning devotions in our schools. Just look @ what happened in Osun state. It's just pathetic

3 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by ekefre4(m): 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2016
Jacks14:
gullible olodo....ur eyes not clear yet
I swear. Ignore d mofo
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by SAEJO: 2:39pm On Apr 20, 2016
The islamization of nigeria now in full force "Christianity must be wiped out by all cost" - AREWA LEADERS
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Goke7: 2:39pm On Apr 20, 2016
Junior66:

Muslims are not making noise about the said bill becos it hurts xtianity more dan it hurts dem.

Have you read that bill? Both are affected but we chose to play politics instead of diplomacy

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Left N600m In PFN Account -oritsejafor / Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics / Mbaka: They Planned To Use Prostitutes To Set Me Up Before Killing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.