Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,408 members, 7,853,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:33 AM

Nigeria's Tribal And Religious Divides: The Answer To It All. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Tribal And Religious Divides: The Answer To It All. (586 Views)

2019 Presidency: Tinubu Divides Northern Leaders - The Sun / Abuja Rally Divides Pro-buhari Group / Distribution Of Exotic Vehicles Divides Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Tribal And Religious Divides: The Answer To It All. by enlightenedmind: 6:58pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I have racked my mybrains about how we can stop this stupid religious and tribal wars in our country. I came up with a suggestion and I am asking the general public if it might work.

The Answer is Simple: Mutual Respect
Let's Build Dubai in the North and the UK in the South. Let us operate a constitution that takes these two views into account and the only thing all Nigerians have in common would be our heritage. Now of course anyone can go to any parts of the country but everyone must respect each other.

About Zoning. All parties are required to zone as they like, but zoned candidates must meet specific requirements set by all Nigerians or disqualified.

Getting Somewhere?
Re: Nigeria's Tribal And Religious Divides: The Answer To It All. by tpiah11: 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2016
You dont ask people to respect each other, you enforce respect.

When that is absent, then it is not going to come naturally if there is no incentive.
Re: Nigeria's Tribal And Religious Divides: The Answer To It All. by vanbonattel: 7:16pm On Apr 20, 2016
enlightenedmind:
Hello Everyone,
I have racked my mybrains about how we can stop this stupid religious and tribal wars in our country. I came up with a suggestion and I am asking the general public if it might work.

Let's Build Dubai in the North and the UK in the South. Let us operate a constitution that takes these two views into account and the only thing all Nigerians have in common would be our heritage. Now of course anyone can go to any parts of the country but everyone must respect each other.

About Zoning. All parties are required to zone as they like, but zoned candidates must meet specific requirements set by all Nigerians or disqualified.

Getting Somewhere?

And fulani terrorism? What do you suggest?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Tribal And Religious Divides: The Answer To It All. by tobtap: 8:39pm On Apr 20, 2016
cool
Re: Nigeria's Tribal And Religious Divides: The Answer To It All. by baby124: 8:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
Our religious and tribal differences is actually what keeps us together and can never make a dictatorship possible in Nigeria. So it has its negatives, but the positive outweigh its negatives. In a one tribe state, knowing how greedy African's are. We would have been under a murderous dictator for decades now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Tribal And Religious Divides: The Answer To It All. by Wyttcat: 8:48pm On Apr 20, 2016
Like I've been saying all along, RESPECT IS all we need, and all others things will fall in place. When you leave your land and go to another to disrespect them, the locals can't take it lightly forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Tribal And Religious Divides: The Answer To It All. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 20, 2016
enlightenedmind:
Hello Everyone,

Getting Somewhere?
What if we go separate ways?
Re: Nigeria's Tribal And Religious Divides: The Answer To It All. by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 21, 2016
tpiah11:
You dont ask people to respect each other, you enforce respect.

When that is absent, then it is not going to come naturally if there is no incentive.
You are talking about fear then. You tell people the benefits if respect.
Re: Nigeria's Tribal And Religious Divides: The Answer To It All. by cegno(m): 11:05am On Apr 21, 2016
As long as we still regard some people as locals and others as settlers or strangers, it is difficult to achieve the kind of cohesion you're talking about. We need to get to a point where every Nigerian is at home where ever he chooses to reside within the country. Imagine if a yoruba man can freely aspire to be the Governor of Sokoto state and an Hausa man can contest and win elections in Anambra state? Until we begin to emphasise the things that unite us by seeing ourselves as one people there will always be cry of marginalisation. Our leaders and policy makers have a lot to do in this direction. I believe we'll get there some day

(1) (Reply)

Court Jails Larmode’s Accuser Three Years / Fulani Herdsmen; Mosaic Law Or Peaceful Resolution? The Way Forward / Injustice Against Kwara State Workers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.