Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers (1019 Views)

Four Truck Loads Of Fulani Herdsmen Invade Ondo Community / Herdsmen Invade Wole Soyinka's Residence In Ogun / Fulani Herdsmen Invade UNN Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by fitzmayowa: 6:18am On Apr 21, 2016
A group of armed Fulani herdsmen have attacked Lagun, Iyana Offa, Offa, Atagba, Lapata and their surrounding communities in Lagelu Local Council Area of Ibadan, Oyo State injuring a guard and carting away valuables

More than five farms and surrounding agrarian communities were allegedly visited in the attack, with eyewitnesses saying they also suspected that the attackers were Fulani herdsmen because of their mode of dressing.

Villagers, said more than N500,000 was stolen by the attackers. They alleged that apart from money, clothes, shoes and foodstuffs that were taken, cooked food items were taken away by the attackers who had a field day roaming the places for more than seven hours. Various sources also put the number of the attackers at between 30 and 40.

Owner of one of the farms, Ayodele Adigun, called on the Federal Government to intervene in the frequent Fulani herdsmen attack on the communities lying on the border between Oyo and Osun states. He said unless urgent step was taken, the situation could degenerate into an ethnic clash.

A supervisor at the farm, Olaonipekun Ogunkolade, explained that the attackers stormed the farm around 8pm in a commando style, wielding guns and other dangerous weapons.

The supervisor said the attacker gathered the workers into groups and held them hostage while the operation lasted. He said they were thoroughly beaten and threatened with their weapons.

The injured guard was later found in the pool of his own blood after a headcount showed that he was missing. Another worker, simply identified as Haruna Usman, said he escaped death after he was shot by one of the attackers as he was returning to the farm.

Usman, who was coming from Jos in Plateau State, said, “The robber who chased me was speaking Fulani language to me. Later, he spoke Hausa, telling me to stop. He threatened me that he would shoot me if I didn’t stop.”

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Oyo State Command, Adekunle Ajisebutu, said he had yet to be briefed about the attack and that he would get back to newsmen.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2016/04/fulani-herdsmen-invade-oyo-attack.html?m=1
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by ORACLE1975(m): 6:19am On Apr 21, 2016
What?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by chriskosherbal(m): 6:19am On Apr 21, 2016
The government should intervene in this situation, before it gets out of hand.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by jcross19: 6:21am On Apr 21, 2016
Can you see? That these fulanis are just beast and evil but am still wondering why some of them are coming our church to worship with us.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:21am On Apr 21, 2016
This is getting out of hand.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 6:21am On Apr 21, 2016
I have an innocent question: Which problem has this present regime solved? I'm not asking sarcsstically. I really wanna know. Coz I cannot fit and think of anyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by fitzmayowa: 6:22am On Apr 21, 2016
The Fulani carnage continues, if the government fails to do something about this Fulani issue, their host communities might start a genocide campaign against them...SMH
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by Bitterleafsoup: 6:24am On Apr 21, 2016
But remember when it happen in Enugu some miscreants said they will build a reservation for cattle grazing by 2060. Lets hear word...
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 21, 2016
hmmmmmmmm
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by Almajiri1: 6:27am On Apr 21, 2016
Buhari through his timid body language has successfully returned US into hobbesian state of nature..It's all man for himself now and Allah for us all.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by junketer(m): 6:35am On Apr 21, 2016
The only thing left to say is that it wasn't this baaaaad under jonathan. The fulanis are running amok all over the south and the so called president of nigeria is busy shutting his mouth and doing nothing about it bcus they are his people.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by tuzle(m): 6:36am On Apr 21, 2016
[quote author=fitzmayowa post=44894500]
A group of armed Fulani herdsmen have attacked Lagun, Iyana Offa, Offa, Atagba, Lapata and their surrounding communities in Lagelu Local Council Area of Ibadan, Oyo State injuring a guard and carting away valuables

More than five farms and surrounding agrarian communities were allegedly visited in the attack, with eyewitnesses saying they also suspected that the attackers were Fulani herdsmen because of their mode of dressing.

Villagers, said more than N500,000 was stolen by the attackers. They alleged that apart from money, clothes, shoes and foodstuffs that were taken, cooked food items were taken away by the attackers who had a field day roaming the places for more than seven hours. Various sources also put the number of the attackers at between 30 and 40.

These fulani herds men may be boko haram in disguise. why is it now dat dey have decided to unleash distruction
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 21, 2016
May God emancipate this country since the Govt is phlegmatic and impotent.

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by EzeNri(m): 6:47am On Apr 21, 2016
It is time this group is proscribed as a terrorist group.
If it was IPOB's peaceful protest, the Army will would have flexed their muscle since. #Hypocrits
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by BushidoBlue(m): 6:47am On Apr 21, 2016
What is really going on...

Are the sychophants of these people indeed zombies or what??
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by Oche211(m): 6:54am On Apr 21, 2016
The fulani herdsmen menace is no longer a regional problem again, it's nw a national threat nd we must all rise to fight our collective enemies
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Invade Oyo, Attack Farmers by Mynd44: 7:00am On Apr 21, 2016

(1)

APC Says Nigerians Already Experiencing Change / States still in a mess One year after Buhari Approved Relief Package To States,. / Nigerian Army Reveals The Truth About The Compulsory Retired Army Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.