Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ (21114 Views)

How To Make 5 Amazing Appetizers Using The Same 3 Ingredients / Photo!!pics!!! Guys Can You Eat This Snacks!!gels Cn U Watch Him Eat This??pics! / Procedure Of Baking Cakes And Snacks:meatpies,donots And So Much More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by OgidiBoy(m): 2:46am On Aug 07, 2009
*Hauwa*:

grin
take your toro go spend for Gator. she might like your toro snack, i get level grin

I only get the best for my Gator angry
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by Hauwa1: 2:49am On Aug 07, 2009
leave him alone or do you like him? where is he sef grin

just remember, Ogidi is broke all the time. u wont smell starbucks no more.

FL Gators:

Abeg o, why me na?
What makes you think I no get level too. But I still loff ya, Ogidiboy, jare.
You go soon rise to Hauwa's level. She still dey enjoy her 'important" date grin
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by OgidiBoy(m): 2:52am On Aug 07, 2009
*Hauwa*:

leave him alone or do you like him? where is he sef grin

just remember, Ogidi is broke all the time. u wont smell starbucks no more.

Hey I've not been broke for the last couple of months now tongue tongue tongue I still have some money left from my summer job tongue tongue
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by Nobody: 2:54am On Aug 07, 2009
See this gold digga, its not all about money na.

It's all about the diamonds in his pockets wink
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by Hauwa1: 2:57am On Aug 07, 2009
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, praise da Lord all you pple praise da Lord.

OgidiBoy:

Hey I've not been broke for the last couple of months now tongue tongue tongue I still have some money left from my summer job tongue tongue

Alleluia.
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by Hauwa1: 2:59am On Aug 07, 2009
do you mean the dangling yekini? which diamond again go inside pocket?

ha! ogunmoleasorodayooooooooooo!
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by Nobody: 3:00am On Aug 07, 2009
haaaa, Hauwa, ibo nan ti ba e je. Where you learn that kain thing shocked shocked shocked
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by Hauwa1: 3:02am On Aug 07, 2009
NL nwanem grin grin

or which diamond now, jor tell me kiss
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by TOYOSI20(f): 5:35am On Aug 07, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Keep them coming shocked

LOL!!, . . .u and food ehn, . . . .

@ POST

Moin moin and akara nko??. . . . .easy to prepare and very tasty as well, . . . .
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by TOYOSI20(f): 5:39am On Aug 07, 2009
smiley

Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by SeanT21(f): 5:43am On Aug 07, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Yeah . . . I be Sa Lone Titi grin

~You can say that again @ Thirsty!! It's filling Too. . I havent been able to eat yet since i had the slices on the Plate on pic. .

~Am not aware if it's packaged & sold either not that i wud buy it even if it was! I Like how my Nana makes hers. . . .using Fine Garri,Peanut Butter. . eating Kanya w/ garri thats not parched properly sucks. . . .

~They were shaped either using the Scoop spoons off  Baby Milk Tins or Cut out into rectangle shapes!

Did your grandma beat the ingredients in the mortal using the pestle back in Sierra Leone?? That's how we made ours.It was a lot of work taking that pestle up and down oo. I grew some female muscles.

I agree with u about the whole Plantain Chips thing. The ones in Liberia used to be so freaking huge.The ones at the African store here is so freaking small and the bag is always half empty
. cry

Do U know Milk Candy?? Its made from Carnation milk in the can.I can not find a pic of the finish product.Sierra Leone's and Liberians have some snacks in common so maybe U heard about it.

How can I forget about BOIL PEANUTS AKA BOIL GROUND PEA!! Gos, I love it salty and roasted. This is a big snack in Liberia.

Another one is DOUGHNUT. Fry sugared Doughnut. I love mine hot, steamy, sugary, huge and well fried. wink
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by SeanT21(f): 5:45am On Aug 07, 2009
Not in order: Doughnut, Mortal and Pestle, Ground Pea,

Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by TOYOSI20(f): 5:45am On Aug 07, 2009
sausage rolls, . . . .

Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by TOYOSI20(f): 5:46am On Aug 07, 2009
more

Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2009
moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by mohawkchic(f): 12:31am On Aug 08, 2009
SeanT21:

Did your grandma beat the ingredients in the mortal using the pestle back in Sierra Leone?? That's how we made ours.It was a lot of work taking that pestle up and down oo. I grew some female muscles.

Do U know Milk Candy?? Its made from Carnation milk in the can.I can not find a pic of the finish product.Sierra Leone's and Liberians have some snacks in common so maybe U heard about it.

Another one is DOUGHNUT. Fry sugared Doughnut. I love mine hot, steamy, sugary, huge and well fried. wink

~Yeah,using the pestle for the Peanut & Garri gives it that fine texture! Wow,You sure are taking me back w/ those memories. . its been ages!

~ I was facinated w/ the teqnique folks used while pounding. . .especially the kids in the provinces/villages!: I did do several unsuccesful attempt at trying to experiment w/ it,but it leaves the palm rough & it is hard work! I have nothing but admiration for girls/women who use it on a daily basic!

~Milk Candy? Do You mean "Butter Scotch" ? It's made w/ Condensed Milk & Butter then rolled on both palms into small balls. . I loved eating Butter scotch,i tried to make it a couple of months ago but i messed it up,it got burnt grin

~Yeah i remember Doughnuts,not one of my fav tho. . too stuffy/puffy. . .
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by Sissy3(f): 5:15am On Aug 08, 2009
@ TOYOSI20

those second rolls looks sooo yummy!
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by SeanT21(f): 6:15am On Aug 08, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Yeah,using the pestle for the Peanut & Garri gives it that fine texture! Wow,You sure are taking me back w/ those memories. . its been ages!

~ I was facinated w/ the teqnique folks used while pounding. . .especially the kids in the provinces/villages!: I did do several unsuccesful attempt at trying to experiment w/ it,but it leaves the palm rough & it is hard work! I have nothing but admiration for girls/women who use it on a daily basic!

~Milk Candy? Do You mean "Butter Scotch" ? It's made w/ Condensed Milk & Butter then rolled on both palms into small balls. . I loved eating Butter scotch,i tried to make it a couple of months ago but i messed it up,it got burnt grin

~Yeah i remember Doughnuts,not one of my fav tho. . too stuffy/puffy. . .

Yes, Butter Scotch it is. We call it MILK CANDY in Liberia.Its very hard to make.It burns your palm when U try rolling it into a ball but its worth it it.
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:51am On Aug 09, 2009
~Lol,applying butter to the palms before rolling helps. . Sure is worth it. . .I had some made for me when i went back home 2 yrs ago. . I scoffed the lot by the end of the day grin
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by mohawkchic(f): 4:13am On Aug 09, 2009
~Ever heard of /eaten Kibbeh? It's a  favorite traditional dish in Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, and Iraq. It's made from a blend of cooked bulgur wheat, chopped mint, and onions stirred into ground lamb, then cooked as small oval shaped patties pointy on both ends. . .the meat is usally stuffed in the middle. . It is delicious!!  there's alos kibbeh Pie. . .

~Another appetizer i love is from Conakry Guinea. . it's called "Hountoo". .i prolly spelt it wrong,no success getting any hits on Google. . .It can be made w/ Beef or Fish. . i LoOve the one made w/ beef. . almost similar to meat balls but whatever is in that recipe Rocks! Its kinda spicy too. . .

Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by SeanT21(f): 4:28am On Aug 09, 2009
Never heard of any of those but sure looks lovely. wink
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:09am On Aug 09, 2009
~Tis. . Kwel No Worries wink
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by Hauwa1: 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2009
@ Toyosi,

How did you make your moi moi with foil to come out smooth?

How do make your sausage?

kiss
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by TOYOSI20(f): 1:48am On Aug 12, 2009
*Hauwa*:

@ Toyosi,

How did you make your moi moi with foil to come out smooth?

How do make your sausage?

kiss

Ma personal pesin i see u oo, . . . . wink cheesy

I actually didn’t make the moin moin myself, we usually make our wid leaves . . .so it comes out pretty smooth as well. . .

the leaves kinna look like this, . . . . wink smiley

Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by TOYOSI20(f): 1:53am On Aug 12, 2009
And here’s the recipe for the sausage roll, . . . .pls enjoy. . . . kiss

Ingredients

• 6 pre-rolled puff pastry sheets, halved
• 1 kg ground sausage
• 1 cup fresh breadcrumb or dried breadcrumbs
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
• 1/2 cup milk
• salt and pepper
• 1 egg
• 2 tablespoons milk

Directions

Pre-heat your oven to 220c.
Lay all the sheets of pastry out on your counter top.
Mix together the meat, breadcrumbs, onion, parsley, milk and salt and pepper.
The mixture will be quite sloppy-this keeps the sausage rolls moist.
Whisk the egg and 2 tablespoons of milk together in a small bowl.
Fill a large piping bag (no nozzle) with the mix and squeeze out a long line of mix down the long edge of the pastry-about 1/2 an inch in from that edge.
Roll up, peeling the plastic away as you roll.
Seal the inner edge with a little of the egg mix.
Cut each of these rolls in half.
I like to make an indent with a sharp knife in the middle of each of these smaller rolls to make them easier to eat.
Prick each roll a couple of times with a fork.
Repeat this until all the pastry and mix is used.
Brush the tops of the rolls with the egg mix.
Place in the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
Reduce the heat to 200c and cook for a further 20 minutes.
Remove to a tray to cool a little before serving them with ketchup or (my favorite) BBQ sauce. . . . smiley
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by TOYOSI20(f): 2:13am On Aug 12, 2009
Donuts and coconut shrimp . . . . . .yummmy smiley

Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:33am On Aug 12, 2009
~Moi Moi is "Olele". . . made with Palm Oil/Oil. . It is usually wrapped in leaves too & Tied. . .am aware folks use cake tins/foil to make it. . .

~I like the Sa Lone Olele plain w/o Fish/Onions with Oil/Palm Oil. . .I've tried Naija Moi Moi from My neighbour. . I Liked it too!

~Is the Sausage Optional in the ingredients or is it a part of Naija olele?
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by bluespice(f): 3:04am On Aug 12, 2009
in moi moi err thang is optional apart from the oil, pepper, beans, salt n seasoning

i loooooves me some moi moi with lots of stuffings tongue
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by mohawkchic(f): 3:14am On Aug 12, 2009
~Aaah okies. . not so much option in my olele. .on second thoughts. . . not that am aware of anyways grin
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by bluespice(f): 3:15am On Aug 12, 2009
fish, meat, snail, periwinkle, liver, kidney, offals, the list is practically endless cheesy
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2009
~You can say endless again! WoW! Fish is just about the only thing i know is put on ours. . .
Re: ~ African Snacks & Appetizers ~ by mamagee6(f): 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2009
It looks like it tastes yummy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help Me, I Can't Eat Meat Anymore. / Will You Buy A Small Bottle Of Water 2k? / HOW TO KNOW Original & Fake Eva Bottled Water- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.