Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

I Would Have Jailed Saraki’s Lawyer Yesterday Says CCT Chairman - Must Read - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Would Have Jailed Saraki’s Lawyer Yesterday Says CCT Chairman - Must Read (1182 Views)

Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) / Danladi Umar Shouts At Raphael Oluyede, Saraki's Lawyer / Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Would Have Jailed Saraki’s Lawyer Yesterday Says CCT Chairman - Must Read by marked10(m): 6:51am On Apr 22, 2016
The ongoing trial of the senate president took another turn yesterday as CCT Chairman near jailed one of the lawyers in Saraki's defence team. I would have jailed saraki's lawyer yesterday but for the intervention of other lawyers in court. Mr Danladi Umar, the Chairman of Code of Conduct Tribunal affirmed that he would have sent Raphael Oluyede, a lawyer in the defence team of Bukola Saraki, the President of Nigerian Senate who is standing trial on 13-count charge of false declaration of
assets to prison.

Kanu Agabi, the lead defence counsel was not in court when there was an exchange of words between the Tribunal Chairman and Oluyede on Thursday morning. The exchange of words was over an application filed by the lawyer. Oluyede had in the application asked Mr. Umar to disqualify himself from hearing the suit against Saraki over allegations that he is also being investigated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC which is also leading the prosecution of the Senate President.

The exchange of words had degenerated into arguments during which Mr. Umar threatened to send the lawyer to prison for contempt. On arrival, Agabi had briefly interrupted proceedings to apologize for the behaviour of a member of his team. The Senior Advocate of Nigeria told Mr Umar that Oluyede was a member of his team and was announced among the defence counsels on Wednesday.

Full story at http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/04/i-would-have-jailed-sarakis-lawyer.html

cc obinoscopy seun mynd44

Re: I Would Have Jailed Saraki’s Lawyer Yesterday Says CCT Chairman - Must Read by tyson99(m): 6:51am On Apr 22, 2016
ok
Re: I Would Have Jailed Saraki’s Lawyer Yesterday Says CCT Chairman - Must Read by blackpanda: 7:00am On Apr 22, 2016
This is old news. Pls move on.......

1 Like

Re: I Would Have Jailed Saraki’s Lawyer Yesterday Says CCT Chairman - Must Read by dotTEE007(m): 7:02am On Apr 22, 2016
Amazing! This shows that no one is perfect even the judge.....
Re: I Would Have Jailed Saraki’s Lawyer Yesterday Says CCT Chairman - Must Read by wordbank(m): 7:32am On Apr 22, 2016
These guys don craze
Re: I Would Have Jailed Saraki’s Lawyer Yesterday Says CCT Chairman - Must Read by youngeagle(m): 7:35am On Apr 22, 2016
This guy must be high on some foreign concussion
Re: I Would Have Jailed Saraki’s Lawyer Yesterday Says CCT Chairman - Must Read by desunit(m): 7:39am On Apr 22, 2016
cheesy grin grin
Re: I Would Have Jailed Saraki’s Lawyer Yesterday Says CCT Chairman - Must Read by ehinmowo: 7:50am On Apr 22, 2016
spineless Nigerians! For God sake, send d idiot and his boss to jail already. Christ!

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Now Wear Uniforms To Identify Themselves / Market Women Tie Juju On Nepa Pole To Prevent Disconeting Of Their Light / How Obasanjo Stopped Buhari From Naming Looters (read In Full)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.