Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume (25049 Views)

2019: South-West APC May Replace Buhari With Tinubu – Dele Momodu / Names Of Politicians Who May Replace Babachir Lawal As SGF / Senate Lawan Begins Duty As Senate Leader After Ousting Of Ex-leader Ali Ndume(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by dre11(m): 9:58am On Apr 22, 2016
From Fred Itua , Abuja

BARRING any last minute change of plan, a re-jig would soon be announced in the Senate and some principal officers, especially members of the All Progressives Congress (APC), would vacate their positions.

This, Daily Sun learnt, is part of the new agreement reached by the feuding lawmakers to douse the lingering crisis that has rocked the Senate since inception last year.

Part of the option on the table is the ceding of the position of the Senate Majority Leader to the Barnabas Gemade-led Unity Forum in line with the earlier position of the leadership of the APC.

In a June 25, letter to the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, Chief John Odigie- Oyegun, the APC National Chairman had detailed the names of party’s preferred candidates thus: Senate Majority Leader (North East – Ahmad Lawan); Deputy Majority Leader (North Central – George Akume); Senate Chief Whip (South West – Olusola Adeyeye) and Deputy Chief Whip (North West- Abu Ibrahim).

The Senate President, while refusing to implement the APC position, had explained that the party’s letter got to the Senate after the various caucuses had decided to nominate candidates for the vacant positions.

But under the imminent deal, Ahmad Lawan would replace Ali Ndume as Majority Leader.

A feeler to this effect emerged following last Wednesday’s closed-door meeting where the lawmakers were said to have resolved to shelve their differences and forge a common front.

Daily Sun gathered that the Senate leadership might also tinker with the current composition of the headships of the 64 standing committees to accommodate aggrieved members of the Unity Forum who are believed to have been shortchanged.

After a three-hour closed-door session, the lawmakers had released a list of resolutions reached by both members of the ruling APC and the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Part of the resolutions, according to Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu was the setting up of a 12-man committee, two from each of the six geopolitical zones with a mandated to explore every option available to ensure the contentious issues are resolved amicably.

A PDP Senator who spoke to Daily Sun in confidence, said lawmakers agreed during the closed-door session not to disclose details of the meeting to the public, until the committee submits its report.

But he stated briefly: “Senators are worried that our image has been severely damaged and we need to quickly do something about it. Everyday, I wonder if coming to the Senate at this time was not a mistake. We have been fighting ourselves and we think that enough is enough.

“That was why we had to enter that closed-door session and that is the longest we have had since we were inaugurated last June. If removing the Senate Leader or even the Senate President will bring this crisis to an end, I am for it. The Senate is bigger than any individual.”

Spokesman of the Unity Forum, Senator Kabir Marafa also stated that APC lawmakers were ready to support the reconstitution of the headships of the various standing committees as part of the peace deal.

“At the end of our meeting, we came up with a three point agenda. We talked about the issue of committees’ composition. We talked about APC members in the Unity Forum who were sidelined in the composition of the committees. We said if you want to come together, we need to review certain things. The third thing was the issue of leadership.

“We agreed on two out of the three items on the agenda. We are still on the third issue on how the Senate can comply with the position of the party, APC. We have agreed that it in the best interest of APC for us to work together,” he said.

Senate spokesman, Senator Abdullahi Sabi could not be reached to comment on when the committee will submit its report.

http://sunnewsonline.com/fresh-plot-in-the-senate-lawan-may-replace-ndume/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:00am On Apr 22, 2016
grin Where is the change nigerians voted for?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by DanceVille: 10:02am On Apr 22, 2016
Fresh Plot?

How much is the plot make I buy am..

Hope say the plot of land is not located in Benue state? I don't want Fulani herdsman to Kill me o.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by bettercreature(m): 10:02am On Apr 22, 2016
The way things are going in the last 4 days Saraki might be impeached and EKWEREMADU might defect to APC.The man is doing everything to bring all the APC members together

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by henchamb(m): 10:02am On Apr 22, 2016
that one concern them
Dan ladi will still jail him
Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by DanceVille: 10:04am On Apr 22, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
grin Where is the change nigerians voted for?
Don't you have APC's phone number or Buhari's own..

Why asking us.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by Mynd44: 10:09am On Apr 22, 2016
Even Senator Lawan can't save Senator Saraki…… the only way out is him discharged by the CCT. Then he has to take a trip to the EFCC

4 Likes

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:10am On Apr 22, 2016
Mynd44:
Even Senator Lawan can't save Senator Saraki…… the only way out is him discharged by the CCT. Then he has to take a trip to the EFCC
undecided
Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by Damadios: 10:11am On Apr 22, 2016
Change is scam!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 22, 2016
Amazing movement by APC Leadership...great decision shocked

"Senate Majority Leader (North East – Ahmad Lawan); Deputy Majority Leader (North Central – George Akume); Senate Chief Whip (South West – Olusola Adeyeye) and Deputy Chief Whip (North West- Abu Ibrahim)."

This positions Ahmed Lawan to emerge as "Senate President" in the fullness of time shocked
Also George Akume as "Deputy Senate President" in the fullness of time shocked
Then B. Saraki and I. Ekweremadu would be singing the "Lord is My Shepherd" somewhere in the fullness of time grin

Where is lalasticlala sef undecided

14 Likes

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by feldido(m): 10:20am On Apr 22, 2016
Something to Keep us busy...

Yeye Journalism

1 Like

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by Guyman02: 10:27am On Apr 22, 2016
If Ndume vacates his seat as speculated here and goes back home to Borno, pictures of his agbada, cap, trouser, shoes will make FP on Nairaland after serious beating from members of his constituency. grin
Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by Akshow: 10:27am On Apr 22, 2016
K
Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 22, 2016
bettercreature:
The way things are going in the last 4 days Saraki might be impeached and EKWEREMADU might defect to APC.The man is doing everything to bring all the APC members together

Continue to dream on dear!!! Ekweremadu in APC? Lolz

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by Originality007: 10:27am On Apr 22, 2016
day dreaming
Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by Sunnycliff(m): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2016
APC house of commotion! Disturbing the common citizens with their brouhaha while turning a daft to issues affecting the economy which Saraki is one of the least!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by folks4luv(f): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2016
number 1, I an not a fan of the lawani dude, one of d most selfish politicians I know. number 2, d crisis in the senate is caused by selfishness on the past if the shameless senators...even the ruling party. of course there will always be friction wherever people gather, but what we have in the senate? all about people using other people to shine...but karma is a bitch...and a snitch...
Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by anonimi: 10:28am On Apr 22, 2016
Change Chain indeed.
How could a supposed party of saintly progreTHIEVES be associated and associating with an INDICTED violent thug and sponsor of Boko Haram terrorists
I pity the zombies who keep following these PRETENTIOUS cabal who are out to steal and kill the unsuspecting 200 million mumu fellow citizens.

Borno: Senator Ndume slaps Assembly member over APC Primaries

A member of the Borno State House of Assembly, Hon. Ahmed Jaha popularly called ‘Babawo’ received the beating of his life after failing to win the primary election for the APC’s House of Representatives for Gwoza, Chibok and Damboa Federal Constituency.

The member, a former errand boy to senator Ndume, won the state assembly election in 2011 following the support he enjoyed from his political godfather, but fell out with his boss when he declared to contest for the National Assembly seat in 2015.

According to sources close to the member, he made a mistake of attacking his political godfather, when he alleged that Ndume did not support him during the primaries of the APC but supported former Commissioner for Tourism, Dr. Asabe Vilita Bashir to win the APC ticket.

An eyewitness to the incident told DAILY POST that the lawmaker attacked Ndume at the Maiduguri Government House while they were preparing to travel for the APC presidential primaries in Lagos, a situation which angered the Senator to give him several slaps in the presence of top government and political office holders.

Babawo, who was left shattered after receiving the slaps said he would do everything to work against the party and the victory of his political godfather and Dr. Asabe Bashir.

From: http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/11/borno-senator-ndume-slaps-assembly-member-apc-primaries/

Nigeria senator Ali Ndume 'linked to Boko Haram'
22 November 2011

A Nigerian senator has been charged over his alleged links to the Boko Haram Islamist militants who have staged numerous deadly attacks in recent months.

Ali Ndume has been questioned by secret police since Monday night.

He denied charges of intimidation and breach of trust after an alleged Boko Haram spokesman said Mr Ndume had paid him to send threatening text messages.

More from: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-15829203

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by 5starmilitant: 10:28am On Apr 22, 2016
Verily verily, apc is structure lacking party.

No structure.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by Abbeyunique2(m): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2016
Nigerian Senate and controversies be like Africa map and madagascar

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by johnwizey: 10:28am On Apr 22, 2016
bettercreature:
I swear, i thought i was the only one that noticed it
Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 22, 2016
Mynd44:

Saraki can escape even if convicted by the CCT!! Only the supreme court has the final decision on the matter

3 Likes

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by Originality007: 10:29am On Apr 22, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing movement by APC Leadership...great decision shocked

"Senate Majority Leader (North East – Ahmad Lawan); Deputy Majority Leader (North Central – George Akume); Senate Chief Whip (South West – Olusola Adeyeye) and Deputy Chief Whip (North West- Abu Ibrahim)."

This positions Ahmed Lawan to emerge as "Senate President" in the fullness of time shocked
Also George Akume as "Deputy Senate President" in the fullness of time shocked
Then B. Saraki and I. Ekweremadu would be singing the "Lord is My Shepherd" somewhere in the fullness of time grin

Where is lalasticlala sef undecided
day dreaming badt

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by marshalcarter: 10:30am On Apr 22, 2016
Nghhjegytqudfxcmsahjerqwhx bsbvxz
Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by Wazobia12(m): 10:31am On Apr 22, 2016
Somebody anybody pls scrap this useless senate angry angry

1 Like

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by RedCapChief(m): 10:31am On Apr 22, 2016
Mynd44:
Then you don't know the methods of Nigerian politics.

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by etebefia: 10:31am On Apr 22, 2016
power hungry politician everywhere
Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by MIKKYDEEJAY: 10:31am On Apr 22, 2016
hello world
Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 22, 2016
johnwizey:
I swear, i thought i was the only one that noticed it

Lolz.The peace committee comprises of both APC and PDP members,while I think committees might be re-constituted,I don't think the principal officers would be reconstituted.
Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by Pavore9: 10:32am On Apr 22, 2016
Power play and not about delivering service to the people!
Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by GoldenJAT(m): 10:33am On Apr 22, 2016
this Senate matter tire me!!

1 Like

Re: Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume by Omokaysmith: 10:33am On Apr 22, 2016
These our lawmakers are selfish bastards
Putting personal ambition before national interest
They don't even give a damn if Nigeria burns as they wrestle for power

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iyabo Said I Was Going To Die In Office – Obasanjo / Inspector Shoots Self Dead In Lagos / Delta PDP Chairman, Youths, Beat Up Former PDP National Chairman's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.