Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives (19753 Views)

Maternity Photoshoot Of Mother Of 4 With Her Children / Woman Flogged By Her Husband, Flees With Her Children (Photos) / Woman Hides Gala In A Bible To Send To Her Children In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by dominique(f): 11:02am On May 15, 2016
bqlekan:

hmmmm... we shall do our best... inshallah

May Allah bless and reward you abundantly

FynBabe:
Hello...
Just to inform you that I already paid in my widow's mite into the First Bank Account Number provided on the first page of the thread.
God bless you guys.

Thanks so much Fynbae, God bless you real good
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by Aminat508(f): 12:25pm On May 15, 2016
angry angry
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by FynBabe(f): 2:17pm On May 15, 2016
dominique:

Thanks so much Fynbae, God bless you real good
Amen. God bless you too.
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by jaybee3(m): 10:11am On May 17, 2016
2 donations (N3k & N2K) were received respectively in the past few days

The total donation thus far =
100K from TeHN's balance of funds
42K from Nlers

Thanks ever so much for your support

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by dominique(f): 9:59pm On May 25, 2016
Hello TeHN and Nairalanders. Thanks so much for your contributions and support so far. I should have been coming around to post here but I've been quite busy on and offline. I went to check on Mrs Akinlana last Sunday. They were barely coping but struggling to get by. She told me she went to see the landlady the previous day to beg for a little more time but met her absence. Shortly after I left she called me back that there's a new development, I had to rush back to find out. Her landlady came around and told her to pay up the outstanding on her room only and move out by December sad. According to landlady, the reason for the eviction is not because of rent but because her husband has been spreading vicious stories about her around and she's not comfortable when she heard. He claimed she was sleeping around with different men including a co-tenant who happens to be an in-law of the landlady. The poor woman was ready to swear on her life that she never did anything of such but she was held back. The landlady said she knew he was lying but the rumours have gone so far and quite a number of people believed him. She doesn't want drama and scandals in her house. she said would have evicted both her and the man she was accused of cheating with if the man in question wasn't her in-law. Ever since that Sunday, she has been unable to sleep, I couldn't sleep well myself first day I heard. This is the worst of times to relocate and start afresh in a new location. I told her to go and beg the landlady, the caretaker said they will find time to go and appeal.

Dear Nairalanders, Please put her in your prayers and assist in any little way you can. No amount is too little, it will go a long way in easing the sufferings of a poor woman and her innocent children. In case you want to donate, please do so via the channels below.

Bank: First Bank
Account Name: Helpers at Large Network
Account Number: 3102950938

For paypal donations –
Please send the payment to: ehelpersnetwork@gmail.com

Cc
Aminat508
Finnish
Media pace
Olu4life
Donar3d

Thanks and God bless
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by Donald3d(m): 11:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
chei . anybody home ?? any progress, dominique . jaybee3
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by dominique(f): 11:50am On Jun 10, 2016
Donald3d:
chei . anybody home ?? any progress, dominque . jaybee

The project is still on o, my tight schedule both on and offline hasn't availed me to visit this thread or check up on her. She keeps calling and begging me that hope I've not forgotten her o sad

All thanks to TeHN and nairalanders for their contributions and support so far. I mentioned on my previous post that she was told to vacate her one room apartment this December. Fortunately, she and some elderly people were able to beg the landlady and the eviction has been reversed. Recently, TeHN field officer came around to settle the rent as well as the school fees. I believe the TeHN handle will post the receipts soon. Thank God, that's out of the way now. Still she's burdened with feeding four children including herself, paying bills and other expenses. The proceeds from her container kiosk is barely sustaining them, she's unable to save and reinvest like she used to. After settling her rent, the landlady told her that the subsequent rent will be N3000 per month for the room, that's N36,000 for a year. Might be chicken change for some but for a petty trader with a bulk of responsibilities and limited inflow of cash, that's a lot. We're hoping and praying she gets enough capital to reboot her business so she can have enough saved up before the rent expires. I know the economy is biting hard on most Nigerians, but if you can assist with whichever little way you can, God will bless and reward you.
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by Aminat508(f): 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2016
Dear Nairalanders, Please put her in your prayers and assist in any little way you can. No amount is too little, it will go a long way in easing the sufferings of a poor woman and her innocent children. In case you want to donate, please do so via the channels below.

For paypal donations –

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by dominique(f): 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
I was at her place today, she told me how she almost suffered a heart attack when she woke up in the middle of the night thinking about her children's future. I've been telling her not to worry so much but she told me that it's hard not to. She normally wakes up around 2-3am to observe night prayers but this time around, she woke at midnight and couldn't move and her heart was beating very rapidly. I had to beg her to take it easy on herself, she's all the children has now. I'm also appealing to Nairalanders to come to her aid, even if you feel she somewhat deserves what she's facing and she doesn't deserve to be assisted, think about four innocent children with an uncertain future. No amount is too little, your little token will go a long way in putting a smile of four youngsters and their mother.

Aminat508:
For paypal donations –

God bless you dear.
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by Mediapace: 5:43pm On Jun 12, 2016
Dollyjoy
myfantasies
Explorers
Yuneehk
vizkiz
MissTechy
asumo12
Funjosh
juhan
naijaboiy
DanceVille
lanicky
refiner
Fynestboi
Seun
STFUareyouGod
Laveda
PinkBarbie
Julietcutie
Ishilove
ireneony
layla129
nellyelitz
HungerBAD
wristbangle
robosky02
LastMumu
tosyne2much
optional1
Omotayor123
Perpetual1
Twaci
tohpahz

If this post in not that clarified enough and you need More clarification,you can click here :
https://www.nairaland.com/3063630/re-clarion-call-intervene-mrs
dominique:
I was at her place today, she told me how she almost suffered a heart attack when she woke up in the middle of the night thinking about her children's future. I've been telling her not to worry so much but she told me that it's hard not to. She normally wakes up around 2-3am to observe night prayers but this time around, she woke at midnight and couldn't move and her heart was beating very rapidly. I had to beg her to take it easy on herself, she's all the children has now. I'm also appealing to Nairalanders to come to her aid, even if you feel she somewhat deserves what she's facing and she doesn't deserve to be assisted, think about four innocent children with an uncertain future. No amount is too little, your little token will go a long way in putting a smile of four youngsters and their mother.

God bless you dear.

In case you also want to donate, please do so via the channels below.
For paypal donations – Please send the payment to: ehelpersnetwork@gmail.com

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by breadplanets(f): 6:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
I'll send my widows mite today or tmrw thru a friends online bank. Is there any way to signify dat the money is for this particular cause or TEHN will know automatically?

3 Likes

Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by agarawu23(m): 9:14pm On Jun 12, 2016
dominique:

God bless you dear.
what's the age of her oldest child?
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by dominique(f): 9:17pm On Jun 12, 2016
agarawu23:
what's the age of her oldest child?

12, youngest is one and half

breadplanets:
I'll send my widows mite today or tmrw thru a friends online bank. Is there any way to signify dat the money is for this particular cause or TEHN will know automatically?

God bless you ma
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by agarawu23(m): 9:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
dominique:

12, youngest is one and half
male or female? Ask her if she can allow her child to live with someone, if she says yes, I will personally visit her by December to see what I can do.
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by dominique(f): 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2016
agarawu23:
male or female? Ask her if she can allow her child to live with someone, if she says yes, I will personally visit her by December to see what I can do.

Male, the others are female. I'm not sure if she will want to seperate her children, besides the gel is very helpful and relieves her of stress to an extent. Still, I'll ask her run it through her. Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by TeHN: 9:11am On Jun 13, 2016
breadplanets:

Please instruct them to add Mrs Akinlana as reference

Thanks ever so much
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by breadplanets(f): 2:54pm On Jun 14, 2016
TeHN:

Please instruct them to add Mrs Akinlana as reference
Thanks ever so much
Hope you got my stipend. Was sent yesterday.
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by breadplanets(f): 11:39am On Jun 16, 2016
Still waiting for your reply o
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by jaybee3(m): 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
N1K Received from FBN Mobile

N1k Received from Love... Chid..

Thanks guys for your support

1 Like

Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by jaybee3(m): 12:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
breadplanets:
Still waiting for your reply o

Sorry about the delay in confirming the payment.

Thanks ever so much
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by dominique(f): 5:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
I saw her after Juma'at service today and she was telling me how the struggling has increased lately due to lack of sales. Due to the weather condition, her children keep coming up with one ailment or the other from fever to flu to whopping cough. The youngest has a stubborn skin infection that keeps resurfacing. She has been treating them all inspite of the lack of funds, now her savings has almost reached ground zero. She told me that apart from God and my online friends (that's us Nairalanders), she has no one else to rely on. At this point, she's almost losing hope on how to continue to cater for the children and maintain her business. Please Nairalanders, find it somewhere in your heart to assist this struggling family out of their current situation. May God bless and replenish your pockets.

Account details

For paypal donations –

Cc
Blessedfavoured
Aminat508
Mediapace
Tearoses
Lady
Donar3d
Fem29
Gboliwe

breadplanets:
Hope you got my stipend. Was sent yesterday.

Thanks so much ma, you're blessed.
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by Liftmaster: 3:46am On Jun 21, 2016
It just breaks my heart to read about this dear lady's situation. These occurrences of severe financial difficulty are not uncommon in Nigeria and many parts of the world, and so lots of folks have become accustomed to, and sometimes immune to the heart rendering effects that they have on our persons. Having said this, I declare that the time to beg for food and rainment is over!

Mrs Akinlana; "Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your Heavenly Father feedeth them. Are Ye not much better than they?" God knows your needs before you ask! I have a couple simple requests of you. First, I want you (or your representative) to respond here (or send me a private message if you prefer) and ask for an amount that will help you re-establish your business in a manner that will comfortably support your family. I read in previous posts that you payed your house rent, fed your kids and sent them to private school from the proceeds of this business. Tell me what it would take to rekindle this venture. Do not be timid, ask with confidence. Your financial need does not make you any less of a person than anyone else. It does not please God to see his beloved beg for what he has already freely given!

Second, I recognize that folks who have advised you to transfer your kids to public school, or send one of them to live with someone else, only mean well, and like me, are seeking a permanent solution to your situation. However, I believe this is not the time to do this. I believe your family needs to stay together and support each other emotionally, especially since your husband is currently not in the picture. Your kids need your presence daily and the best education they can get to set them up for success. If you respond to my first request, you have a good shot at accomplishing this.

Finally, to put some context around my " crashing" this thread with my discombobulated thoughts; do not forget that this is an Internet forum visible to any interested party around the world. This is my first post on Nairaland. I joined with the express purpose of responding to this thread that is buried 2 or 3 pages into an obscure sub forum. Isn't it amazing how mountains are removed when God starts to move? There may be more interested parties that will start to move on your behalf once you get things going. Have no fear, God is with you.

1 Like

Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by jaybee3(m): 5:30am On Jun 21, 2016
Liftmaster:
It just breaks my heart to read about this dear lady's situation. These occurrences of severe financial difficulty are not uncommon in Nigeria and many parts of the world, and so lots of folks have become accustomed to, and sometimes immune to the heart rendering effects that they have on our persons. Having said this, I declare that the time to beg for food and rainment is over!

Mrs Akinlana; "Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your Heavenly Father feedeth them. Are Ye not much better than they?" God knows your needs before you ask! I have a couple simple requests of you. First, I want you (or your representative) to respond here (or send me a private message if you prefer) and ask for an amount that will help you re-establish your business in a manner that will comfortably support your family. I read in previous posts that you payed your house rent, fed your kids and sent them to private school from the proceeds of this business. Tell me what it would take to rekindle this venture. Do not be timid, ask with confidence. Your financial need does not make you any less of a person than anyone else. It does not please God to see his beloved beg for what he has already freely given!

Second, I recognize that folks who have advised you to transfer your kids to public school, or send one of them to live with someone else, only mean well, and like me, are seeking a permanent solution to your situation. However, I believe this is not the time to do this. I believe your family needs to stay together and support each other emotionally, especially since your husband is currently not in the picture. Your kids need your presence daily and the best education they can get to set them up for success. If you respond to my first request, you have a good shot at accomplishing this.

Finally, to put some context around my " crashing" this thread with my discombobulated thoughts; do not forget that this is an Internet forum visible to any interested party around the world. This is my first post on Nairaland. I joined with the express purpose of responding to this thread that is buried 2 or 3 pages into an obscure sub forum. Isn't it amazing how mountains are removed when God starts to move? There may be more interested parties that will start to move on your behalf once you get things going. Have no fear, God is with you.

Thanks ever so much for your thoughtful post. We can only pray that the lord will reward you in multiple folds for the help you are about to render to this struggling family.

The honest truth is, it's kind of hard to predict a figure that will help alleviate them from their dire situation and subsequently propel them to sustainable future.

However, we do know the kid's school fees is around 70k or there about and she might need a profit margin of at least 20-30k per month to comfortably realise that amount of money. A business injected with a figure between 200k-300k might give her the 10% required profit margin so i implore that you use that as a base for your anticipated favourable decision.

Just to add, she has around 30k or thereabout left with us from money donated thus far so the plan is to use this alongside further money donated to help boost her business. We also don't just hand money to them so be rest assured your donation will be used for the intended purposes only
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by dominique(f): 2:36pm On Jun 21, 2016
Liftmaster:

May God bless and reward you abundantly for kind words. No one (at least very few people) in life wants to resort to begging to fend for themselves and provide their daily needs. However, when we find ourselves in certain situations where our future and of our loved ones are not certain, we take drastic measures to alleviate ourselves of that situation. May we never encounter obstacles that are more than our capacity to handle.

The lady in question is one that I've known for years though not very well. We only exchanged greetings from time to time, even as at than i knwe she was extremely hardworking, prudent and a very hands-on mum. Earlier this year, I observed her wares are quite few unlike before. It took her over a month since her setback began before she eventually opened up to me how her husband ran off and how they've been living. Between God and man, she never expected me to organize any form of fund raising of any sort on her behalf. She opened up to so i can hire her to do my laundry and put her in mind in case i need a caterer. I looked within myself to think of anyway I can be of help, and I approached TeHN to see if there was anyway they could assist.

Regarding switching her children to public schools, she has considered it herself but she can't meet up with the requirements to enrol her children in one. To bypass this requires heavy greasing of palms which she can't afford. The school her children her enrolld may be a bit expensive but the owners are very understanding towards her plight and have agreed that she can pay the fees in instalment and also promised her that the children wouldn't be sent home at any point in time.

Thanks to TeHN and Nairalanders, the fees this term and the rents have been settled from the money realised so far. However, what is left can only go so far in reviving her business. Before her setback, her business was worth no less than half a million naira (my estimation). Now, I doubt if it is up to N30,000 and that's what she and the children feed from. Due to poor sales, she's unable to put money away like before. Everything she makes goes into feeding and the children's welfare. If you can find a way to assist this poor lady revive her business and give her children better quality of life, God in his infinite mercies will send goodwill and favour your way. Once again thanks for your care and concern.

1 Like

Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by Liftmaster: 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
Thanks to Jaybee3 and Dominue for your prompt responses and kind words. Also, many thanks to those who have contributed financially and offered advice. It is my intent to be personally invested in arresting this situation and therefore imperative that I get things going immediately. But please excuse my naivety, how do I get funds trasnferred to your NGN account? I attempted a Western Union transfer to the First Bank account listed in an earlier posting but was advised that transfers to a charity account will be rejected. It appears that a transfer will need to be made to an individual's account with a first and last name? Do either of you have any experience doing this? If a transfer is effected to a NGN bank account, does an individual need to show up to receive it? I am looking for a quick and easy way to do this. Please advice.

Strategizing for the immediate future, it appears the business needs some time to grow to a steady state before any significant amount of dividends are withdrawn. Profits will need to be re-invested for sometime and therefore she needs some other form of support in the interim. But something Dominque said caught my atention. "Due to poor sales, she's unable to put money away like before". Is the business no longer viable? Why are sales proceeds low? Should the money be set aside for something else she can do if this is the case? I have no knowledege of the market situation so will leave this to your best judgement.

Couple of other questions. When are the next payments for rent and school due? But please focus on adressing my transfer logistics question first. All others can be attended to later.
Thanks
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by jaybee3(m): 9:07pm On Jun 21, 2016
Liftmaster:
Thanks to Jaybee3 and Dominue for your prompt responses and kind words. Also, many thanks to those who have contributed financially and offered advice. It is my intent to be personally invested in arresting this situation and therefore imperative that I get things going immediately. But please excuse my naivety, how do I get funds trasnferred to your NGN account? I attempted a Western Union transfer to the First Bank account listed in an earlier posting but was advised that transfers to a charity account will be rejected. It appears that a transfer will need to be made to an individual's account with a first and last name? Do either of you have any experience doing this? If a transfer is effected to a NGN bank account, does an individual need to show up to receive it? I am looking for a quick and easy way to do this. Please advice.

Strategizing for the immediate future, it appears the business needs some time to grow to a steady state before any significant amount of dividends are withdrawn. Profits will need to be re-invested for sometime and therefore she needs some other form of support in the interim. But something Dominque said caught my atention. "Due to poor sales, she's unable to put money away like before". Is the business no longer viable? Why are sales proceeds low? Should the money be set aside for something else she can do if this is the case? I have no knowledege of the market situation so will leave this to your best judgement.

Couple of other questions. When are the next payments for rent and school due? But please focus on adressing my transfer logistics question first. All others can be attended to later.
Thanks

You can send the payment to us through paypal instead of western union

Please send it to - ehelpersnetwork@gmail.com

We will work with her to establish a profitable business (That's what we've always done)

1 Like

Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by Liftmaster: 12:44am On Jun 22, 2016
I have not used PayPal in several years so token Initial amount was sent to make sure it's all good. Please confirm receipt.
Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by jaybee3(m): 3:09am On Jun 22, 2016
Liftmaster:
I have not used PayPal in several years so token Initial amount was sent to make sure it's all good. Please confirm receipt.

$100 received Sir/Ma

Thanks ever so much

1 Like

Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by dominique(f): 8:36am On Jun 22, 2016
Liftmaster:

Thank you so much sir, May you be richly blessed.

1 Like

Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by jaybee3(m): 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
Another $200 received from Mr/Mrs Liftmaster

Thanks ever so much

1 Like

Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by Liftmaster: 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
I'm hoping these intial amounts will begin to get her business back on track. Please use your best judgement (as you usually do smiley) in disbursing the funds, as sometimes, too much too soon can also be a problem. In order not to unduly burden the business too early and allow for re-invstment, please let her know that I will support (through TeHN), the payment of rent and school fees when they are due. Information on the due dates will be much appreciated. It would also be helpful to me, as I spread the word in my little area of influence, if you post progress reports on how the family is doing, to encourage others to help out and showcase what TeHN is doing. There are currently some silent interested folks watching.

3 Likes

Re: Re: Clarion Call To Help Intervene In Mrs Akinlana And Her Children’s Lives by femmy2010(m): 6:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
sent a token earlier today from SENDER - Oyewole Felix femi.
Hope it helps .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? / I Want To Run Away From Home / Should She Travel To Italy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.