Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control (30793 Views)

DSS Bars EFCC From Arresting Ita Ekpenyong / National Assembly Takes Over Power To Control CCT From Presidency / Aisha Buhari's Interview: BBC Defies Pressure From Presidency, Dogara & Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by fejicruz(m): 10:04am On Apr 23, 2016
The thought of shifting the responsibility to NJC is so irrational. National Judicial Commission has no business with investigation and prosecution of criminals whatsoever. The function of NJC is to regulate, supervise, recommend for appointment, promote & discipline erring judges.
How can that duty be extended to the EFCC? It's sick

1 Like

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by darecool(m): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2016
tinsel:
Tinubu tried his best to save Buhari during the senate president's election as a political genius he is, but the hangovers around Buhari including Atiku and his gangs sabotaged the efforts. The impact we are witnessing today.
Please tell us how he would have saved that office from Saraki who is also an evil genius? Saraki's case will only be a 2 year distraction for Pmb and his party which might reduce their chances in 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by Ura: 10:14am On Apr 23, 2016
Hungry lawmakers whom we foolishly voted into power.
Your people are hungry.
Your youth are jobless.
The young men cannot marry.
The young girls abort till they lose their wombs.
Show me pictures of roads that you built in your constituencies.
Show me hospitals that you have built that your families can attend whenever they travel home.
Show me young men and women that you have empowered with THEIR constituency allowances.
Tell me the laws that you have enacted from the yearnings and groanings of your people.

Abeg moderator, we need a platform where we can directly reach these people because I suspect that they think that every Nigerian is a joker.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by Ndolarr: 10:15am On Apr 23, 2016
The Alfas and marabouts engaged by Saraki are really working! They have cornered the 'heads' of the Senators supporting Saraki. Check well, those Senators are now going around with 'empty' heads!! I really pity them and their families. The 8th Senate is thoroughly desecrated. It can no longer be redeemed except Nigerian masses rise up and occupy the place!!!

1 Like

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by elderdt: 10:18am On Apr 23, 2016
How many ppl were present? Is then you will know if is G36 or G77. Let's wait and see!

chukwudi44:

Lolz!! Whether G77 or Saraki77 majority is majority and they will surely carry the day.
Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by sj00: 10:30am On Apr 23, 2016
Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by chidozieikeji2: 10:35am On Apr 23, 2016
Nice move enough of dis dictatorship, atleast this will aid to promote the spirit of of separation of powers which is d backbone of democracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by funlord(m): 10:38am On Apr 23, 2016
angry
chukslawrence:
For sale

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!
Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by Ibime(m): 10:40am On Apr 23, 2016
Why haven't Nigerians burned down the Senate?

This is why we suffer, because we don't take action.
Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by Beejay359: 10:42am On Apr 23, 2016
We r watghing this Nigeria politician

1 Like

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by stonemasonn: 10:45am On Apr 23, 2016
EdCure:

It's real madness indeed. Yet, it depends on the side that you accuse of inflicting pains on the people.
Saraki is a criminal and one of the main duties of government is to fight crime.

Considering the budget imbroglio and the continued sabotage on the economy by Saraki nd his cronies, this is a practical demonstration of "where two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers".. But it is very clear who is fighting a just cause and who is acting as a villain.

But I blame Buhari whose docility and complacency caused all this mess. He told us that he was ready to work with whoever emerges at the NASS. He made Tinubu an object of ridicule in the process. But now...
Tinubu will be laughing and looking now. Shebi dem talk say Tinubu na local ludo player; oya Buhari show you're a chess grand master.
Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by sj00: 10:47am On Apr 23, 2016
Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by DonLala1(m): 11:08am On Apr 23, 2016
Its very obvious dat these so called Senators only have their own interest at heart. They are not bothered by what Nigerians are going thru. Its a wake up call for all Nigerians across party affiliations to stand up for the interest of the nation. The Nigerian Senate should be scrapped. Constitutional ammendment. There is adequate representation in the House of Representatives. We need to do away with dis guys and very fast at dat. A wake up call. We should stop celebrating them be u PDP, APC, APGA, LABOUR, PPA etc. Enough is enough. Nigerians are tired. I pray we will not go the way of Libya, Egypt nd co soon.

1 Like

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by Esperooke(m): 11:35am On Apr 23, 2016
The G77 or whatever will not hold, it's just G36. .... Politician and their make-believe. Let's keep watching

1 Like

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by divineappo(m): 11:41am On Apr 23, 2016
EdCure:

It's real madness indeed. Yet, it depends on the side that you accuse of inflicting pains on the people.
Saraki is a criminal and one of the main duties of government is to fight crime.

Considering the budget imbroglio and the continued sabotage on the economy by Saraki nd his cronies, this is a practical demonstration of "where two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers".. But it is very clear who is fighting a just cause and who is acting as a villain.

But I blame Buhari whose docility and complacency caused all this mess. He told us that he was ready to work with whoever emerges at the NASS. He made Tinubu an object of ridicule in the process. But now...
BUHARI shot himself on the foot when he congratulated saraki's fraudulent emergence as the senate president, buhari is regretting dat decision now. dat decision has cost him and nigerians alot.

1 Like

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by uyplus(m): 11:43am On Apr 23, 2016
And even Ben murray Bruce aka Commom sense was listed. Shameful sets of people. Wether saraki is being witch hunted or by the APC power brokers, the simple question is "is he guilty of all those allegations"? If 'yes', then he should rot in jail for robbing from the down trodden Nigerians who form the vast majority of our population, if 'no', he should go and clear his name..

1 Like

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by anonimi: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2016
amaechi1:
All these madness against the executive is simply because the executive is been led by a strong willed man. They did not say that in last administration because we had executive that was weak.

Strong but utterly CORRUPT just like his party's navigator, Ebola Owu.

...F A C T.. C H E C K ...

'Obasanjo and Atiku in 8 years built one UNIVERSITY each for themselves....Bells and ABTI.
They built NONE for Nigerians.

Jonathan and Sambo in 4 years built 14 (FOURTEEN) new universities for all Nigerians.
NONE for themselves.

NOTE: OBJ and ATIKU are now consultants/sponsors/piloters/members of APC....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2023224_106334837960003637540871239247822158463153o_jpega322806fc65b78cc91e1dd619380fecb

Sourced from: https://www.nairaland.com/2146237/why...ive/4#30711260

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by shellman: 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
Progressive01:
I feel so irritated whenever I hear/read the words juicy committees/ministries. If one's desire is strictly to serve the people, why would they give a damn about any "juice"??

Anyone talking about juicy this or that is simply out to do nothing but steal.
JUICY COMMITTEE is the language of those lacking in "PATRIOTISM &LOYALTY "to this country. I really fear for this new generation of this country for their callous selfishness &dangerous ambitions. We are in trouble! We need to brace up for more Sarakis- the epitome of more troubles.for this country

1 Like

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by charles316: 12:25pm On Apr 23, 2016
Mynd44:

They keepkeep forgetting that the President will not sign their bills. They can get 2/3 in the senate…… expecting to get that in the HOR is a dream that wont come true

Have you heard the word " veto"? Please Google it. I believe you are educated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by Myself2(m): 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2016
Great move by the brave and rugged senators.
Say no to political witch hunt and victimisation.
I'm not so sure Buhari and Osinbajo were 100% truthful in their own assets declaration.
Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by Myself2(m): 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2016
charles316:

Don't blame him, most Buharists and other apostles of the dullard obviously don't understand the powers of national aassembly
Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by bishop4life(m): 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2016
charles316:

I learnt from you today. Thank you
Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by Reference(m): 1:13pm On Apr 23, 2016
fejicruz:
The thought of shifting the responsibility to NJC is so irrational. National Judicial Commission has no business with investigation and prosecution of criminals whatsoever. The function of NJC is to regulate, supervise, recommend for appointment, promote & discipline erring judges.
How can that duty be extended to the EFCC? It's sick

It may benefit Buhari in the long term as a future president may use it as a tool against him. Anyway I am not surprised at the Legislative push back. Very soon the Governor's Forum will be relaunched as another power bloc. Interesting times ahead. Said it will not be a cake walk for Buhari. Said only restructuring is the panacea to the decline in the nation. Said this country is not a one man show. Said the future of this country lies in our collective will not in political parties, strong men or our half baked, comatosed institutions. Said we should change the game rather the players. The same APC majority giving the leader of its party a migrane, siding with the opposition to truncate their party's mission and manifesto for personal gain. That is the reality of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by Kunlegzy(m): 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
idensko:
Dis is what I call democracy,

Dis is what d Senate is all about.

To checkmate executives excesses.

The chairman of EFCC should be appointed by d NJC
and not d presidency to be used as witch hunting.

In a sane democracy, d lawmakers has more power than d exec.

All those application cant work in Nigeria! We are not matured enough, even the democracy we claim we are practising is ahead of us. You said in a saner society but we are not saner.
Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by henryhemon(m): 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2016
prinsam30:
according to Fela Anikulapo the Abami Eda

Animal dey wear Agbada
Animal dey put Suit oo

Revolution is all we crave for

We need a leader to start one,can you lead us ? Or is it by just talking?
Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by prinsam30: 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2016
henryhemon:

We need a leader to start one,can you lead us ? Or is it by just talking?

do you have the resources to support me
Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by dragunov: 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
onexile:
Tinubu is in trouble oooo

Saraki teaching Tinubu and Bubu Politics since the era of Change
Shut up already will ya!

1 Like

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by judondasylva(m): 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2016
nice move I love that before the clueless dullard will hunt everyone down with EFCC and DSS
Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by henryhemon(m): 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
prinsam30:

do you have the resources to support me

Never have been an issue.
Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2016
Can anything good come out of the Senate of Nigeria?
G77= Goats77.
Preparing to eat our yams I see.

1 Like

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by Yksoul(m): 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
WHAT PEOPLE DONT KNOW IS THESE ARE THE SENATORS THAT FIRST MADE THE LAW GUARDING EFCC,BECAUSE THEY KNEW IF THE PRESIDENT IS CORRUPT,HE CAN APPOINT CORRUPT NEW EFCC BOSS.BUT NOW,WHY DO THEY WANT THE NJC TO APPOINT NEW EFCC?THESE BUNCH OF FOO LS ARE NUISSANCE AND CORRUPT.SENATORS WITH NO SENSE

1 Like

Re: Senators Form G77 To Remove EFCC From Presidency Control by orisa37: 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
long overdue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Didn’t Escape Any Plane Crash, Says Obasanjo / Kwara Group To Sarkin Fulani: We Will Evict You If You Cause Trouble In Kwara / Bandits Attack Shiroro, Niger State. 15 People Drown While Trying To Escape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.