Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu (46433 Views)

I Feel Sorry For Tinubu, Aregbesola Has Damaged Him – Olaitan / Novelty Match For Tinubu's 64th Birthday (Photos) / Saraki’s Trial Splits APC; Senior Member Blasts Party Leaders For ‘keeping Quiet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by BabaO2: 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:
Saraki approached a federal high court to stop his trial before the CCT citing the acquittal of Bola Tinubu by the same court for the same offence and on the same technical grounds of arraignment by the CCB and EFCC joint investigators.

The federal high Court rightfully threw out saraki's motion and pronounced that Tinubu's acquittal was an error by the CCT tribunal hearing his case.

What this means is that Tinubu's acquittal no longer stands and as such he can be rearriagned for the same offence all over again.

The possibility of Tinubu facing similar fate like saraki in the near future is thus inevitable.

I foresee either Buhari using the same CCT trial to check Tinubu when they inevitably fall out or a scenario when this boko govt is kicked out in 2019, Tinubu will surely face the CCT.

Tinubu in your blind silly ambitious rage to control the Senate you have shot yourself in the foot by opening up a can of worms.

****Saraki and his team are illiterates struggling to belong. If it is not panadol it is not panadol

3 Likes

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by gunther6(m): 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

Tinubu pleaded no contest to money laundry charges believed to be proceeds from illicit drug dealing before a US federal district circuit judge and was summarily convicted and a sentence pronounced on him.

The sentence did not carry a jail term as Tinubu cut a deal with the D.A's office to snitch on his fellow co defendants who I might add are still rotting away in a federal maximum prison.

This is why since the amended US immigration law as at 2013 signed by Obama was passed which prohibits convicted felons like Bola and Remi Tinubu from re-entry into the US, Tinubu has not visited the US since his well published attendance at the Democratic convention.

This is why you never saw Tinubu accompany Buhari to the US.

The man is a convicted felon and you can ask him to dare sue me to court over that statement.

Tinubu is a convicted felon.

This is what amala sophisticated tribalistic politicking has gotten you suffersicated rats in the 21st century; a drug dealer as your defacto political head who convinced you fools to vote a despotic sectional bigoted illiterate boko.

Yeye

So you mean to the tell me that the NATIONAL DEMOCRATIC PARTY invited a convicted felon to their convention. Your facts do not add up and are infact contradictory ; He cannot enter the US yet he was invited for the convention which he attended. Why should Tinubu follow Buhari to the US? pls do tell the position Tinubu holds within Buhari's government. For all your grandiloquence your a either a tw@t or a paid hack or both

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by haildeji: 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2016
Lol people are so dumb on this nairalander. Just because you have data don't mean you have to post trash. You have never heard of double jeopardy?.. The fact that you can't charge someone twice for the same offence?.. And that even if you want to appeal there is something called time limitation... And that you have to file your notice of appeal within certain period of time after judgements?

6 Likes

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
.....At least, Saraki go be his senior for prison.

Bottom line is, an average Nigerian doesn't who goes in first or next or last...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by intergral(m): 1:45pm On Apr 23, 2016
Lalasticlala please read the post before sending it to FP ... The OP used the word "boko" government... Biko

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by prinsam30: 1:46pm On Apr 23, 2016
I just don't know what to say, see as guys just dey lash at each other because of some fools that have taken away their sanity, these folks don't know you exist, they will even laugh at ur stvpidity, they caused confusion here and there and settle it in the closet.

then you come here and start wailing, as if it will do you any good, keep on wailing una hear.

pray to God to bless you and make some nice money, God wey create Nigeria know when Nigeria will be great again so make una chill and stop drinking Origi for somebody cowardness

2 Likes

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by anonimi: 1:47pm On Apr 23, 2016
Sant1m:
Tinubu is a man that has done for the Yoruba what no IBO politician has done for the IBos. if only ibos had a Tinubu today Apga would ve been a force . until then ibos will keep loking up to I jaws for inspiration.

Do you know the name of the person who has done so much for the Hausa/Fulanis, the way your Jagbajantis has done for the Yoruba?
Thanks.
Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by Otunbafederatio: 1:49pm On Apr 23, 2016
For those of dt are clamouring for Tinubu re - arraignment for your information, once someone is been discharged & acquainted for an offence that person cannot be re-arraign/tried for that simila/same offence again no matter errors made by the earlier judgement according to our constitution except another crime/offence again.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by Gext22: 1:49pm On Apr 23, 2016
A petty thief and a mass looter. Saraki may even be marginally better than that that old ugly kleptomaniac, atleast he knows his limits.
The fact that a man like tinubu is a power broker in that hell hole is absolutely horrifying.
Hopeless 3rd world enclave.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by amtaken(f): 1:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
Why not address the issues he raised instead of insulting him or don't you have any meaningful thing to say?

checkolatunji:

Attention seeker, go get a job. Thank God you got the attention you seek now.

MoFo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by amtaken(f): 1:56pm On Apr 23, 2016
If you need proof so badly you know what to do or how did you get the proof for Dasuki's case?

checkolatunji:

Show us proof and stop ranting. Pained fellow from pained tribe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by Intrepid01(m): 1:56pm On Apr 23, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

Tinubu pleaded no contest to money laundry charges believed to be proceeds from illicit drug dealing before a US federal district circuit judge and was summarily convicted and a sentence pronounced on him.

The sentence did not carry a jail term as Tinubu cut a deal with the D.A's office to snitch on his fellow co defendants who I might add are still rotting away in a federal maximum prison.

This is why since the amended US immigration law as at 2013 signed by Obama was passed which prohibits convicted felons like Bola and Remi Tinubu from re-entry into the US, Tinubu has not visited the US since his well published attendance at the Democratic convention.

The man is a convicted felon and you can ask him to dare sue me to court over that statement.

This is what amala sophisticated tribalistic politicking has gotten you suffersicated rats in the 21st century; a drug dealer as your defacto political head who convinced you fools to vote a despotic sectional bigoted illiterate boko.

Yeye

When next you want to share opinion based on hate and bigotry, kindly make It clear.
If Tinubu did not follow Buhari to US because of your purported trial issue. Why has he not followed him to other countries? Or Is It that he is also wanted in those counties too? Buhari has visited over 10 counties, has he followed him to any?

Your assertions are so bias and shows a lot about you.
Tinubu is a party chieftain, you don't expect a party chieftain to start ffg the President around.

Please try another lies for your propaganda

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by amtaken(f): 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2016
Sometimes some smart children make more sense than indolent adults.

Good day dear.

OrlandoOwoh:
Children now create threads on NL.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by Abugab(m): 1:58pm On Apr 23, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

Yeye

Clap for yourself.
We have heard you, I am sure you even know what he is doing this moment Mr. Knower.
Nonsense......

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by Intrepid01(m): 2:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:
I made a thread here that killed falana's nomination for CJN.

I know Buhari's sycophants in Aso Rock visit nairaland daily and I know they will tell their king to use the CCT trial of saraki to reopen Tinubu's case file and thus silence him forever.

Shehu tell your baba this is a once in a life time opportunity to address the Tinubu question once and for all and also portray his corruption war as not being partisan and partial.

You are so deluded and think so highly of yourself. You think the myopic opinion you share on this forum has any effect on the polity proper?
Do you know the number of articles pple wrote against Amaechi? people sponsored articles in papers and online, I mean pple that are relevant, not irrelevant pple like you. and yet the guy made it.
If the lies you spoon make you feel happy then you can continue. Sometime In the future when you grow up you'll know political decisions is beyond ur insignificant opinion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by Sheggy13(m): 2:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
amtaken:
Why not address the issues he raised instead of insulting him or don't you have any meaningful thing to say?

Why wouldn't he be insulted when out of unnecessary envy, he opened a thread about Tinubu being tried for the same offence a second time, without seeking legal clarifications from people who know better so he wouldn't display his ignorance for all to see here. It's against the provisions of the law for that. It's called double jeopardy and that's why the fool had to run out of his own thread ever since that term had been thrown to his face. The lesson in this is people shouldn't out of tribal cum political sentiments, open threads to slight a person or region/tribe without getting the necessary education needed to pass your points across.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by BekeeBuAgbara: 2:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
You move from one thread to another calling Saraki a thief and turn around to defend Tinubu on the same type of crime Saraki is accused of.

Bunch of hypocrites.
Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by banme1(m): 2:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
checkolatunji:

Attention seeker, go get a job. Thank God you got the attention you seek now.
MoFo
is tinubu the drug lord ur dad?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by Acidosis(m): 2:06pm On Apr 23, 2016
The Jagaban of Lagos state is as corrupt as the Saraki of Kwara.
They both deserve the same room in Kirikiri prison.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by Sheggy13(m): 2:09pm On Apr 23, 2016
The nobody had to brag that it was because of him that Buhari decided not to make Falana CJN again lol. The hungry, jobless mofo given peanuts for his worries thinks Nigeria has to stand still and Buhari waits for him to make a submission before he takes critical national decisions. I think NL is giving so many of these educated illiterates the platform to spew so much balderdash.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by judondasylva(m): 2:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
bring it in let the game begin
Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by oludarekehinde(m): 2:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
No man can be tried 2 times for the same offence. Even if judgement was given by drunken judge or in error

1 Like

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by gr8child(m): 2:13pm On Apr 23, 2016
You cannot be re-arraigned for an offence you have been acquited of.
Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by Esperooke(m): 2:16pm On Apr 23, 2016
Tinubu is PDP's nemesis, that explains why the wailers are bittered by the enigma. The fact remains that, persecution or not, Saraki is corrupt, which no Wailer is denying...... So, let him face the music now, leave Tinubu for the time....

4 Likes

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by amtaken(f): 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2016
Am yet to see anything in his post that is wrong.

Why did CCT refuse to follow the precedent it set in Tinubu's case?

When what is sauce for the goose is not sauce for the gander anymore you know that someone has compromised.

Sheggy13:

Why wouldn't he be insulted when out of unnecessary envy, he opened a thread about Tinubu being tried for the same offence a second time, without seeking legal clarifications from people who know better so he wouldn't display his ignorance for all to see here. It's against the provisions of the law for that. It's called double jeopardy and that's why the fool had to run out of his own thread ever since that term had been thrown to his face. The lesson in this is people shouldn't out of tribal cum political sentiments, open threads to slight a person or region/tribe without getting the necessary education needed to pass your points across.
Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by pressplay411(m): 2:26pm On Apr 23, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:
Saraki approached a federal high court to stop his trial before the CCT citing the acquittal of Bola Tinubu by the same court for the same offence and on the same technical grounds of arraignment by the CCB and EFCC joint investigators.

The federal high Court rightfully threw out saraki's motion and pronounced that Tinubu's acquittal was an error by the CCT tribunal hearing his case.

What this means is that Tinubu's acquittal no longer stands and as such he can be rearriagned for the same offence all over again.

The possibility of Tinubu facing similar fate like saraki in the near future is thus inevitable.

I foresee either Buhari using the same CCT trial to check Tinubu when they inevitably fall out or a scenario when this boko govt is kicked out in 2019, Tinubu will surely face the CCT.

Tinubu in your blind silly ambitious rage to control the Senate you have shot yourself in the foot by opening up a can of worms.

I don't believe this op is well.
So by deduction you expect a criminal to be discharged and aquitted because another criminal was once spared?
If it can be proven that Tinubu is a criminal by all means let him too be probed.
Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by dammytosh: 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
Who care if Tinubu and Saraki share cell.

What we are saying is that.

A thief can not be our Senate President.

The earlier the poster gets that the better for Shukuudi and sons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by dammytosh: 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2016
pressplay411:

I don't believe this op is well.
So by deduction you expect a criminal to be discharged and aquitted because another criminal was once spared?
If it can be proven that Tinubu is a criminal by all means let him too be probed.

I wonder oo.

All armed robbers should go free site centre the Robbers at Ikorodu were other arrested.

That is a poverty stricken thinking.

Jail Tinubu; Fashola, Amaechi I dnt care.

Saraki is not fit to be the Senate President. He is an incorrigible thief.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by nijanigga: 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2016
Ipob always supporting criminality and drug trafficking see them in jails in Thailand condemned to death
Re: Saraki's Trial Spells Doom For Tinubu by MrEverest(m): 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:
I made a thread here that killed falana's nomination for CJN.

I know Buhari's sycophants in Aso Rock visit nairaland daily and I know they will tell their king to use the CCT trial of saraki to reopen Tinubu's case file and thus silence him forever.

Shehu tell your baba this is a once in a life time opportunity to address the Tinubu question once and for all and also portray his corruption war as not being partisan and partial.
I see this happening sooner or later, the moment Tinubu misbehaves, Buhari will cut him to size through a revisit of his CCT case. Tinubu has unwitingly created a big skeleton in his cupboard!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Voted Change, Not Acts Of Masturbation, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari / PHCN Official Electrocuted On A Pole At Police College In Lagos (Photos) / Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.