Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Any Nairalander In Abidjan? - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? (184805 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / Any Nairalander In Kenya Can I Hustle In Kenya? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by traveladdict: 4:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
Ghost19:
Have they open the boarder? I will be going by June.

i think its only by air

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by good4all40: 4:51am On Jul 01, 2021
edwonderz:
Does anyone know if I will have to do another covid test when I get to Abidjan or will the one I will do in Lagos before departure suffice?

I need someone to respond to this too.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Tboymessiah(m): 10:16am On Jul 02, 2021
Harzontorh:

visit this Nairaland Page on Abidjan: https://www.nairaland.com/3072468/beauty-abidjan-cote-divoire-all

I can assure you Abidjan is the Best OPTION FOR BUSINESS IN W/AFRICA AFTER LAGOS

- THEY HAVE THE BEST IN COSMETICS PRODUCT (VERY CHEAP, AS IN VERY VERY CHEAP) CREAM INDUSTRIES LIKE GANDOUR, BEBE MAN, BELLE DAME , PERFUMERY, AND BODY STUFFS.

- THEN ANKARA. AFRICA CLOTHING AND FASHION ( WOODIN HAVE THEIR HQ IN ABIDJAN), LOTS OF WOMEN FASHION ACCESORIES TOO

- MORESO, FOOD. F*CK IT!! FOOD IS LIKE AIR IN IVORYCOAST. ABIDJAN IS CRAZILY RICH IN FOOD STUFF AND AGRICULTURAL PROCUTS. (3RD BANANA PRODUCE IN AFRICA, NO 1 COCOA BEAN AND COFFEE PRODUCTION IN THE WHOLE WORLD, LEADERS IN VEGETABLE OIL IN THE WORLD, PINEAPPLE AND OTHER FOOD PRODUCE), NESCAFE HQ IS IN ABIDJAN LIKEWISE UNILEVER HAS MAIN BRANCHES THERE TOO

ASK ANYTHING ON ABIDJAN. LIVING , BUSSINESS, SCHOOLING, LIFE AND TOURISM OR GENERAL QUESTION ON THE CITY OR COUNTRY
READ MORE ON WIKIPEDIA. SEARCH ABIDJAN

I wish to ask you a question about abidjan
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Tboymessiah(m): 10:23am On Jul 02, 2021
good4all40:
I will be visiting soon too maybe by September by God's grace. I have a friend who lives at Adjame he is from Osun State you will be surprised that 70% of Nigerians living in Abidjan are from Osun State, ranging from Ejigbo the highest Nigerians so far to IWO, EDE, IRAGBERI, OGBOMOSO, OYO, ILORIN few EDO, DELTANS IGBOS and very few Hausas from Nigeria but they are countless Hausas from other countries like Niger, Ghana, Gambia etc. The last time I visited l met with our Ambassador Mrs. IFEOMA AKABOGU she is a very welcoming and friendly ambassador. With 250,000 Naira you are good to go Atleast for a starter if you are planning migration depending on the area you will stay and the kind of business you will love to venture in. You can pm me or the brother above pertaining to business and cost of accommodation of your preferred areas.

Bro, am planning to start a business over there, let us talk on the best sure business there
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Tboymessiah(m): 10:29am On Jul 02, 2021
oyek691:
@ayabahiper. I think your business will survive very well over here if you locate your shop to places like adjame( this is where i am living). And i will like it if you do your business on a very large scale, because they like big shops over here.

Pls what sort of business is advice to venture into over there
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by edwonderz(m): 4:05am On Jul 09, 2021
traveladdict:

I am planning on leaving next month, wish to connect with a trusted person there

I will be in Abidjan this Saturday, please feel free to connect.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Mekudi: 5:44am On Jul 09, 2021
edwonderz:

pls create a thread on it
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by traveladdict: 10:13am On Jul 09, 2021
edwonderz:

you are going to live there?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by teecul: 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2021
edwonderz:

Are you there now,?? How much did you spend in transport from Lagos I plan coming over this month end, can we stay together
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by edwonderz(m): 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2021
traveladdict:

you are going to live there?

No, I am just here for a couple of weeks.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by edwonderz(m): 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2021
teecul:

Are you there now,?? How much did you spend in transport from Lagos I plan coming over this month end, can we stay together

Yes, I am here. I came in from Dakar, not Lagos. I could accommodate but I will be gone by the time you arrive.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by edwonderz(m): 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2021
Mekudi:
pls create a thread on it

Surely, whenever I the luxury of time.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Abrahamm(m): 3:42pm On Aug 27, 2021
Are you still in ivory coast
I have been in Abidjan since Monday. So far, it's been so good. But it's terrible if you do not speak French. Luckily, I have a local guide, which makes it easier. But so far, here are my observations. Your English is practically useless here. Imagine going your day and seeing no one to communicate with due to the language barrier, that's exactly how it is here. Luckily, google translate helps, but it is mechanical, and sometimes, the true meaning is lost during translations. Though, it is still good for petty discussions with traders and market sellers.

1. Ivorians are law abidings. People hardly drive across red lights, in supermarkets and shopping malls, everyone wears a mask and there is less frustration in the face of the populace. You won't see the shouting and insult from drivers to one another, and there is a mild sense of national unity.

2. Food is ridiculously cheap. I bought a big hand of banana with groundnut for 500cfa, the same price also for Attieke and fish. Bread and butter with egg cost 300cfa. All these are roadside prices, not eateries. I like to experience everywhere like a local when I travel hence, I do not really go to your typical scale restaurant. If you do not mind to eat like a local, you can reasonably eat out every day here without feeling a dent in your pocket. It is healthy, delicious, cheap, and good.

3. People here are darker compare to Nigerians. They look more like Ghanaians in complexions. The sun here is really hot. I usually only go out in the evenings when the weather is calm. Ivorian people are beautiful. The women are not stuck up, with an ego as huge as Kilimanjaro. Talk to them and they answer you tenderness, same with their men. You won't see a need to be actually scared you will be swindled or be a victim of aggression. The kind of over-vigilance you express in Nigeria is not needed here.

4. I believe that the Ivory Coast is the hospitality capital of West Africa, people are really hospitable, like really, organically hospitable. When I arrived in Ivory Coast, the border guard will not let me in since I do not have a yellow fever card. It was a lady that sat beside me in the flight that made sure I could go through. She paid 7000cfa for me and bought a sim and internet there at the airport so I could be connected. I wanted to pay her back in euros but she refused. When we were outside the airport, she and her husband wanted to drop me at my hotel, but I felt it was too much and took a taxi instead. They were really nice.

5. This country is safe. Really safe. I walk at night at odd hours and feel absolutely fine. Even if you see a group of boys gathered, they are not touts or there to harm you. They will most likely help you if you meet them. They are like genuinely nice people. Too peaceful. You will see white folks walking freely everywhere without any policeman or security. They felt safe here and do not worry about kidnapping and co. In fact, the Ivory Coast is where I see more white folks than anywhere in West Africa (except Cape Verde).

6. This country is good for business. I noticed that Ivorians are more corporate-minded and not necessarily into entrepeunership. If you are a crazy entrepreneur with goals and plan to dominate any industry, you will likely be successful here. Also, international business flourishes here in the sense that the country is stable, and pegged to euros. So you do not have to worry about uncertainty, currency fluctuations, devaluations, and such. Also, they have the most modern seaport in West Africa, so if you are into importations, it is something to look into.

7. There is stable electricity, the police seem friendly, the major roads are good, and the off-major roads manageable. Things work well generally, to a degree of what is acceptable for an underdeveloped country. If Nigeria is even as remote as Ivory Coast, I will probably move back home. Ivory Coast is a country that you know clearly is on a path to development, and with good management, will reach that status. It is not a mal-develop country, but an underdeveloped one.

So far, these are my observations. I will follow with pictures soon.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by jpride(m): 5:01pm On Aug 27, 2021
I'm an Architect, also very skillful in building construction including tiling, plumbing, pop etc.
I'll love to explore Ivory coast and possibly settle there. Later I'll love to set up building materials business.

Please is this line of profession in high demand over there? I need a response pls. Thank you
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 27, 2021
jpride:
I'm an Architect, also very skillful in building construction including tiling, plumbing, pop etc.
I'll love to explore Ivory coast and possibly settle there. Later I'll love to set up building materials business.

Please is this line of profession in high demand over there? I need a response pls. Thank you

If you don't have a job offer from a company in CIV already, I'd advise you focus on moving to a developed country (the West). CIV like most African countries is mainly suited for people going into business (trading and selling of goods) not for professionals.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by jpride(m): 6:13pm On Aug 27, 2021
Teci:

If you don't have a job offer from a company in CIV already, I'd advise you focus on moving to a developed country (the West). CIV like most African countries is mainly suited for people going into business (trading and selling of goods) not for professionals.
Thank u bro

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by oneble: 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2021
Can anyone help me with the contacts of genuine delivery agents for E-commerce in ivory coast?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Xristofa: 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2021
oyek691:
I am currently living in abidjan. The country is very friendly interm of it characteristics bussiness wise.. and i guess it will be very good for you to start a business that is rare over here and is popular in nigeria ( experience).. besides which business do you wanna do ova here??

Hi sir\ma, please I’ll be coming to abidjan by February can you host me for sometime I can take care of my feedings or maybe we could split bills on accommodation, better still if you can’t accommodate me, can you be my guardian there I don’t mean you should take care of my bills I just want a big bro or sis figure while I venture into a business, I am learning how to speak French already but no so good for now. I sincerely apologise if you see this as an insult, please forgive me...I’ll appreciate it if I get a reply from you.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Xristofa: 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2021
Xristofa:

Hi sir\ma, please I’ll be coming to abidjan by February 2022 can you Please host me for sometime I can take care of my feedings or maybe we could split bills on accommodation, better still if you can’t accommodate me, can you be my guardian there I don’t mean you should take care of my bills I just want a big bro or sis figure while I venture into a business, I am learning how to speak French already but no so good for now. I sincerely apologise if you see this as an insult, please forgive me...I’ll appreciate it if I get a reply from you.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 12:30am On Jan 05, 2022
I need a nairalander in Abidjan who can cook professionally. I'll pay for your services handsomely.

Hunger Wan kill me here

3 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by peeps4u: 1:13am On Jan 17, 2022
Bullrun:
I need a nairalander in Abidjan who can cook professionally. I'll pay for your services handsomely.

Hunger Wan kill me here

Please, what is current exchange rate for cfa to naira? Or like how much is 100,000cfa to naira?
I'm seeing about 72k unofficially on Google but not sure.

Thanks
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by excel1960(f): 9:10pm On Jan 17, 2022
Bullrun:

Hunger Wan kill me here
What type of food do you want?

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bullrun: 11:07pm On Jan 17, 2022
excel1960:

What type of food do you want?

Soups mainly that I can store in fridge.

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by excel1960(f): 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2022
Bullrun:

Hunger Wan kill me here
Let me have your contact
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Topshow4real: 5:18pm On Jan 24, 2022
gentlebullet:

To be honest with you, I don't think your aforementioned plan is good enough.
1. 30k isn't gonna get you to Abidjan from Lagos ATM.
2. With the recent way the naira is slipping off, 200k isn't alot of cash when you eventually start spending in CFA.
3. Without a good command of the french language, surviving what you stated above in Abidjan is a suicide mission.

My advice is simple:
If you insist Abidjan is your only option, budget at least 1million CFA(at least that will take care of accommodation, transport, feeding, biz startup, etc till you get used to the system). Never expect getting free accommodation in Abidjan except from relatives or a very close ally if not, there are consequences
CHEERS

Hi bro. A Nigerian lady I met on facebook is willing to welcome and accommodate me in her house until I establish a business. Please do you think it's a good idea I move and stay with her for weeks/months? And is 500k naira a good amount to start up a business over there?
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by oyesola: 3:51pm On Jan 29, 2022
...Any nairalander in Abidjan or planning to come? I am presently in Abidjan. Our naira don spoil ooooooo. Things are expensive here considering our currency value. Please lets hook up if you. If you are also a professional and you wont mind sharing accomodation in a very decent enviroment. get back to me

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Memberclub(m): 12:31am On Jan 30, 2022
oyesola:
...Any nairalander in Abidjan or planning to come? I am presently in Abidjan. Our naira don spoil ooooooo. Things are expensive here considering our currency value. Please lets hook up if you. If you are also a professional and you wont mind sharing accomodation in a very decent enviroment. get back to me
omo Nigerians dey try ooo
how the place be?
better than Lagos??
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by okeysoninv: 5:02pm On Feb 25, 2022
oyesola:
how much is the accommodation
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Wildling: 11:13pm On Mar 24, 2022
oyesola:

Planning to come to Abidjan next week.
Would be nice to share accomodation. Please how much is it
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bibito: 8:22am On Mar 25, 2022
Wildling:

Planning to come to Abidjan next week.
Would be nice to share accomodation. Please how much is it
Pls how much is accomodation
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bibito: 8:27am On Mar 25, 2022
Tboymessiah:

I wish to ask you a question about abidjan
Please do you know anybody that needs a trustworthy driver in Abidjan. Fully guarantee. He has been a driver in Abidjan for over 5yrs now. Either taxi or personal.
Re: Any Nairalander In Abidjan? by Bibito: 8:31am On Mar 25, 2022
oyesola:
How much is the accommodation

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (Reply)

8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.