Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,353 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles (2639 Views)

Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. / Ogun State IGR Is Higher Than The IGR Of The Entire Southeast States--obidigbo / IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by Sunofgod(m): 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2016
The Internally Generated Revenue, IGR, for Anam­bra State has risen by 29.32 percent from N10.45bn in 2014 to N14.79bn in 2015, and is expected to hit about N36 billion or more by the end of 2016, giving the relent­less effort of the state government.

The executive governor of the state, Chief Willie Obiano, speak­ing through his Senior Special Adviser on Internally Generat­ed Revenue, Hon. Charles Okafor (Wiper), disclosed this on Saturday in Awka.

He said that the present ad­ministration has done so well in the area of improving the revenue base of the state by opening all nec­essary revenue windows, block­ing every leakage, and marching words with action by placing the state above lack.

According to him, on assump­tion of office, the present gov­ernment met the state realizing mere five hundred million (N500, 000,000), adding that, when the present government assumed office, it blocked leakages and opened more windows, realizing about N2.1billion as monthly IGR.

“This is why the present gov­ernment does not owe its work­ers. We are among the few states in the federation that did not ben­efit from the
bailout fund, yet, we are paying our workers. We have continued in providing basic in­frastructure for Anambra citizens even in the face of dwindling Fed­eral Allocation.

This is part of the giant strides of the Obiano’s ad­ministration”, he said, adding, “The National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, has identified the eleven states of Ogun, Anambra, Borno, Edo, Bauchi, Abia, Kogi, Nasarawa, Ni­ger, Taraba and Sokoto as the only states that recorded improvement in their 2014 records of revenue generation performance in 2015. Anambra came second in the chart behind Ogun State in the entire country; and we are happy”.

While commending the gov­ernment and people of Anambra state for the giant stride, he urged all those resident in Anambra, in­cluding companies and industries to pay their taxes regularly to help the state government continue in the provision of basic infrastruc­ture.

He further urged the state to strive more in boosting her IGR, stressing that, in terms of IGR volume, Anambra is still behind compared to Lagos state realiz­ing a total of N268.23bn during the period under review, Rivers with N82.1bn, and Delta, with N40.81bn.

http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/flash-igr-of-anambra-up-by-30-as-obiano-works-miracles/?

2 Likes

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by Sunofgod(m): 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2016
APGA 2019

10 Likes

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 23, 2016
What Obi can never achieve

4 Likes

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by LoveMachine(m): 3:56pm On Apr 23, 2016
Haters will soon blame it on rituals. Willie is working. Chai!
Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by sammysammy111(m): 4:18pm On Apr 23, 2016
abeg who no dat of akwa ibom?
Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by Pwayne2016(m): 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
Keneking:
will you sharrap there

2 Likes

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by AtlanticBreeze: 5:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
Keneking:
when I told zombies like pwayne2016 that peter obi is nothing but a thief they abused me. N36 billion or more by the end of 2016? Willie for 2nd, 3rd and 4th tenure cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by AtlanticBreeze: 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2016
Proudly Anambra!

1 Like

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by londoner: 5:07pm On Apr 23, 2016
That's great and Obaino seemed from the start to be on a mission in the state. If all states in SE and the rest of Nigeria could follow suit we really will see a 'change'. Bravo

3 Likes

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by Pwayne2016(m): 5:13pm On Apr 23, 2016
AtlanticBreeze:

when I told zombies like pwayne2016 that peter obi is nothing but a thief they abused me. N36 billion or more by the end of 2016? Willie for 2nd, 3rd and 4th tenure cheesy cheesy
i love Willie but i dont knw why ur bitterness for Obi de greatest technocrat in SE nt just a politician

Obi changed Anambra Education system and Willie is reaping the fortune

Obiano is not near but may come closer to Obi achievements

Take it or leave it

Obi is simply de best ever w

2 Likes

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by AtlanticBreeze: 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2016
Pwayne2016:
i love Willie but i dont knw why ur bitterness for Obi de greatest technocrat in SE nt just a politician

Take it or leave it

This is how peter obi changed the face of Anambra Education after 8 years as governor. Donating 1 million for the renovation of this kind of damage. Peter obi is a fraud. No capital project to his name after 8 years and you call him a technocrat? You are a comedian

1 Like

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by Ugonnax: 5:40pm On Apr 23, 2016
londoner:
That's great and Obaino seemed from the start to be on a mission in the state. If all states in SE and the rest of Nigeria could follow suit we really will see a 'change'. Bravo

No....all states cannot follow suit because all men are not created equal. Just as the Germans are more successful than their neighbors, Jews to their neighbors, so shall Igbos be to Yorubas and Hausas perpetually. No amount of envy, hate can change this...even if a yoruba or Hausa steals 900 billion, gets phd, work sun up to sun down, he can never be like Igbos...why? All men are not created equal!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by 2sexycom(m): 5:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
Pwayne2016:

Take it or leave it

tah... Obi what? abeg shut that mouth. Willie is the best Governor any South Eastern state has ever had.

1 Like

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by Caseless: 5:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
God knows I did not support this man, but he has exceeded my expectations.

7 Likes

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:55pm On Apr 23, 2016
God Bless Obiano

2 Likes

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by 2sexycom(m): 5:55pm On Apr 23, 2016
Ugonnax:

No....all states cannot follow suit because all men are not created equal. Just as the Germans are more successful than their neighbors, Jews to their neighbors, so shall Igbos be to Yorubas and Hausas perpetually. No amount of envy, hate can change this...even if a yoruba or Hausa steals 900 billion, gets phd, work sun up to sun down, he can never be like Igbos...why? All men are not created equal!
why bring tribal tones into this thread? Why mention Yorubas or Hausa? Where in the OP did you see that? Why chest beat? Any reason for that? This is why when cocaine threads are created, it hurriedly taken to front page cos "nairaland igbos" do not learn to respect themselves with so much boastful personality.

What happened to humility? When this thread turns into tribal war, just know you are the very cause of it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by Ugonnax: 5:59pm On Apr 23, 2016
2sexycom:
why bring tribal tones into this thread? Why mention Yorubas or Hausa? Where in the OP did you see that? Why chest beat? Any reason for that? This is why when cocaine threads are created, it hurriedly taken to front page cos "nairaland igbos" do not learn to respect themselves with so much boastful personality.

What happened to humility? When this thread turns into tribal war, just know you are the very cause of it.

What's tribal in my post? Can't someone express their opinion without being labeled a tribalist. Let me tell you something 2sexycom...you can never be like the Igbos if like complain morning to night, you can never.

1 Like

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by asha80(m): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
Ugonnax:

What's tribal in my post? Can't someone express their opinion without being labeled a tribalist. Let me tell you something 2sexycom...you can never be like the Igbos if like complain morning to night, you can never.
the person you quoted is Igbo and he is right in what he said

8 Likes

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by jamesibor: 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2016
sammysammy111:
abeg who no dat of akwa ibom?

Same with Anambra.
Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by Amanwulu1(m): 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2016
Caseless:
u supported ngige. Right?
Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by 2sexycom(m): 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
asha80:
the person you quoted is Igbo and he is right in what he said
to be honest, please I feel so disappointed in the way most of these guys portray igbo race on nairaland and that is why I tag them "nairaland igbos" and not igbos. I hate people who boast too much and you can't separate this element for the kind of igbos I see on nairaland often.

Why do you think they now call us "chest beaters"?

3 Likes

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by asha80(m): 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
2sexycom:
to be honest, please I feel so disappointed in the way most of these guys portray igbo race on nairaland and that is why I tag them "nairaland igbos" and not igbos. I hate people who boast too much and you can't separate this element for the kind of igbos I see on nairaland often.

Why do you think they now call us "chest beaters"?
just get used to it though..i am not bothered again

1 Like

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by 2sexycom(m): 6:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
asha80:
just get used to it though..i am not bothered again
I hear you jare. Thanks. Happy weekend.
Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by sammysammy111(m): 7:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
jamesibor:

Same with Anambra.
u mean am?? dat means i go pressurize my governor to work pass im oga, let d development continue
Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by OAFMods: 8:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
Ugonnax:

Igbo boy if you like chest beat from now till the next millennium it does deny the fact that it is the Yoruba land you run to for success. Some land will forever remain like the biblical desert Moses passed try on his way to Egpty, the erosion ravaged land of you Igbo's readily comes to mind.

While you keep boasting it is on record there's no Igbo among the top ten richest in Nigeria

For every thing Obiano an Igbo as achieved there's a Yoruba living to let you know you will till eternity chase the shadow of the Yoruba just as Obiano IGR is behind Ogun / Amosun.

If your Obiano is working on building 4 overhead bridges always remba there's an Amosun that as completed 7 and presently working on extra three.

[size=28pt] The story goes on n on. The endemic failures of the Igbo race at superiority in Nigeria is unquantifiable. From the first coup plotter, to the first mumu head of state without power, to the first war monger etc the Igbo race n its ambition is only synonymous with one thing in Nigeria and that is FAILURE.[/size]

Disclaimer : It should be noted this view is strictly for the person quoted and not any sensible Igbo
Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by ak47mann(m): 8:15pm On Apr 23, 2016
UmU Chineke cool
Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by Ariani: 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2016
Well, Obiano seem to be borrowing fast and furiously, the debt profile of Anambra is rising fast and furiously too. It's good to want beautiful infrastructures, but it's wise for one to live within one's means, Cross River is a case study.

Obi was frugal and lived within the limits of the state resources, he was a realist and an administrator.Obi better management is the only reason Obiano seem to be doing wonders now. He didn't inherit crumbling debt from Obi.

Obiano seem to be too extravagant, it's all good if Anambra gets infrastructural uplift, but debt repayment is a painful thing to leave for a successor.

1 Like

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by tit(f): 8:28pm On Apr 23, 2016
Sunofgod:
The Internally Generated Revenue, IGR, for Anam­bra State has risen by 29.32 percent from N10.45bn in 2014 to N14.79bn in 2015, and is expected to hit about N36 billion or more by the end of 2016, giving the relent­less effort of the state government.

this drunkard willie is taxing the poor hardworking people of anambra to death!
this 36 billion naira some of you are salivating to eat will come from the pockets and bras of tray carrying street hawkers, women petty traders and fish mongers.
after embezzling all the state's federal allocation, the drunkard willie has fixed his eyes on robbing the poor masses of his state!

2 Likes

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by IJOBA2: 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2016
Caseless:
GOD KNOWS YOU DIDNT SUPPORT HIM FROM KANO shocked WHO EVEN NEED YOUR SUPPORT SEF

2 Likes

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by kayfra: 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2016
Ugonnax:

And when you are this boastful, what do you want an Ogun state indigene to do when they increased their IGR close to 50%?

Smh. Lolz. Hopeless case.

1 Like

Re: FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles by mightyhaze: 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2016
Am so proud of anambra!

Ndi ogom!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suspected Militants Bomb Agip Gas Pipeline Again / "The vision of the founding fathers"... Imaginary or done deal????? / Ndi Omambala Please Wake Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.