Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos (16663 Views)

Amaechi & Wike Unite At A Town Hall Meeting In Rivers (Photos) / Abuja Town Hall Meeting: Lai Mohammed, Fashola, Adeosun Attend (Pics) / Kachikwu Vs Amaechi At Town Hall Meeting In Akwa Ibom (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by diegwu01: 8:48am On Apr 24, 2016
Flets:
Rubbish. .... absolute rubbish

The suffering is real and tangible for christ's sake. These continued town hall meetings are distractions.... fix the damn problems.

When will the petrol queues be ending?
When are we getting to the power supply level as at May 29th?
10k naira cant even do a decent weekend shopping as the prices of items has gone over the roof
o ye Wailers, ..The town hall meetings are very important to keep the public informed of efforts and progresses made. Also to hear directly from the public
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by Controversialad: 9:04am On Apr 24, 2016
Again? Una never finish your promise, una still dey promise
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by Btruth: 9:07am On Apr 24, 2016
Ride on sir. The Lord will see you and PMB through it in Jesus name. People like us know that "no pain, no gain" so, we will tarry till things will be better. We aren't expecting miracle overnight like some wailers.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by tinsel: 9:10am On Apr 24, 2016
Progressive01:
I could have sworn I asked you to write those if I didn't know better!! Exactly what I wanted to say when I saw the first comment!

These guys are simply hardwired complain about every damn thing and have sworn NEVER to see any good in whatever the admin does.

They are terrified of the what might be should the admin succeed and will do whatever it takes, legal and otherwise, to ensure she doesn't succeed in delivering on her promises to the people- take Fayose for instance, going as far as sabotaging his own country all in the name of opposition politics.

Folks like them would fast and pray Buhari never completes the second Niger bridge because that would expose what a lie they've been selling to the illiterates in their region.
Even when he completes the 2nd Niger Bridge, they will still tell you Jonathan initiated. If things turn out well tomorrow which I am certain, they will also turn around and tell us Jonathan laid the foundation.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by dokunbam(m): 9:11am On Apr 24, 2016
thesicilian:
Patience is the key
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by neduprince(m): 9:13am On Apr 24, 2016
DailyPost:
Here are some of the issues he discussed. He also provided answers to some questions.

1. President Muhammadu Buhari and I are completely committed to providing competent leadership. We have no other agenda. We acknowledge that there are pains but they are just birth pains.

2. We are currently compiling the social register for the poor. As soon as the budget is passed, we will begin to pay 5000 to the poor.

3. Stealing and Corruption cuts across all ethnic groups. We must decide to become a new tribe of Nigerians.
We must disallow division
We must also disallow the use of religion or ethnicity.

Sometime Ago, we bashed and insulted GEJ because he said stealing is not corruption.. Now VP PYO just made that no (3) statement and nobody has said anything about it.. if stealing and corruption is the same thing, why will he say "stealing and corruption" he should have used the word stealing, or used the word corruption.. I just wonder the kind of politics being played in this country.. God help all of us..
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by TPAND(f): 9:14am On Apr 24, 2016
hinwazaka:
This man is a comedian. Even in the midst of a storm, he is claiming that the sea is still calm. Well I don't blame him, that church called Redeemed is a visage and citadel of heretics, liars and phools. That is where he learnt the art of telling stup1d liars. Till this day, he is still parading the 5000k ℓi3.God will surely visit Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ with the fire ☀̤̣̈̇f the holyghost. Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ will pay dearly

Redeem church was the first Pentecostal church in Nigeria to perverse the true doctrine of Christ and preach heretic beliefs. The practice heresy and get so many members because of their inability to speak and tell members the Gospel truth.
Osinbajo could stand as a man of God, he can deceive them but not me. A man of God does not lie.
You cannot serve God and mammon together. Osinbajo is a clear buttress to this belief of Jehovah witness that World government is not a business for true believers. Osinbajo is a devilish liar and a man of the devil. Definitely not the same God I serve
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by faaz24: 9:17am On Apr 24, 2016
tit:
oloriburuku vice president.
the best way to transport goods from lagos to calabar is by sea.
Your VP is an oloriburuku ? I don't think so.
An oloriburuku can never get to be the vp of any nation. When someone is an oloriburuku all hopes of doing well in life is lost. He is a VP, a pastor, educationist per excellence etc. He basically drafted the constitution of Rwanda...Park well abeg, PYO is an olorire somebody. grin

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by homosapien(m): 9:17am On Apr 24, 2016
neduprince:

Sometime Ago, we bashed and insulted GEJ because he said stealing is not corruption.. Now VP PYO just made that no (3) statement and nobody has said anything about it.. if stealing and corruption is the same thing, why will he say "stealing and corruption" he should have used the word stealing, or used the word corruption.. I just wonder the kind of politics being played in this country.. God help all of us..

What exactly is your point?

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by neduprince(m): 9:20am On Apr 24, 2016
homosapien:

My point is that he just affirmed GEJ's point that stealing is not corruption... Why then were we insulting GEJ?
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by yinkslinks(m): 9:22am On Apr 24, 2016
president come november 2016. pls dont ask me how? i am not a prophet grin grin grin grin
DailyPost:
Here are some of the issues he discussed. He also provided answers to some questions.

1. President Muhammadu Buhari and I are completely committed to providing competent leadership. We have no other agenda. We acknowledge that there are pains but they are just birth pains.

2. We are currently compiling the social register for the poor. As soon as the budget is passed, we will begin to pay 5000 to the poor.

3. Stealing and Corruption cuts across all ethnic groups. We must decide to become a new tribe of Nigerians.
We must disallow division
We must also disallow the use of religion or ethnicity.

4. On the fuel crisis, only the NNPC is importing refined fuel. We are in the process of a final solution to the fuel scarcity.

5. Public refineries are a problem. Private refineries run better. We are seeking private investments in co-managing the refineries.

6. On the Entertainment sector, We are working on solutions to piracy including technology options. Active advocacy and more collaboration between the Entertainment industry and the government.

7. The VP reiterates that the Lagos-Calabar project is in the budget. He says the most effective way of moving goods is by rail. So the Lagos-Calabar and Lagos-Kano rails are in the budget.

8. On Power: Nigeria recorded a peak of 5000 MW in February. We paid outstanding debts and curtailed vandalism. But the Forcados pipeline caused a drop of about 500MW.

9. We are currently working on improving the supply of gas to power plant and fixing transmission line problems.

10. We have removed fixed tariff charges. You only pay for what you use. We are also engaged with labour unions on cost reflective tariffs.

11. On the Yuan deal: The deal is we have some credit with the Chinese so doing business with the Chinese can be done without the dollar.

12. The Yuan deal will help facilitate trade with China and also help the ease of doing business.

13. We want a country where anyone who holds public office must be able to explain their wealth.

14. Nobody can enforce any type of right by violence. The use of violence to dispossess others is unacceptable.

15. We will continue with the town hall meetings across the country. You will need notified on the next one.

Source http://www.viviangist.com/breaking-points-for-nigerians-as-osinbajo-attends-town-hall-meeting-in-lagos

Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by iykak47: 9:26am On Apr 24, 2016
homosapien:

Hypocrite do you need glasses?
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by homosapien(m): 9:34am On Apr 24, 2016
neduprince:

My point is that he just affirmed GEJ's point that stealing is not corruption... Why then were we insulting GEJ?

I am one of the few who understand that stealing is not corruption phrase of Gej. However it was election period and the opposition decide's to use it as tool of propaganda. So don't hate the player, hate the game.
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by OYAY(m): 9:45am On Apr 24, 2016
tit:

You must be a nonentity to say this! Do you know the cost of freighting goods by sea compare to rail? Endeavour to read wide and acquire knowledge so that you contribute to issues of public discourse intellectually.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by computer0810(m): 9:49am On Apr 24, 2016
tit:
what will u gain from such hatred,i pity u coz if u were that brilliant u won't be in d silly position u r nw,a bloody son of nobody

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by 9jatatafo(m): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2016
Point of correction Mr VP, in your assertion that power improved to 5000MW so also in your era we had a 0MW (zero Mega Watts) Don't forget this please

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by leganssourcing: 10:16am On Apr 24, 2016
OAFMods:

Was that what your deranged father told you and how does the picture reiterate the nonsense you post ? The adjourning city btw Lagos n Calabar how do you transport goods to them ? You need to do the needful since you can not imagine an aboki ruling you, just get a rope and be gone.

Good response.
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by abeylevels(m): 10:23am On Apr 24, 2016
Progressive01:
I could have sworn I asked you to write those if I didn't know better!! Exactly what I wanted to say when I saw the first comment!

These guys are simply hardwired to complain about every damn thing and have sworn NEVER to see any good in whatever the admin does.

They are terrified of the what might be should the admin succeed and will do whatever it takes, legal and otherwise, to ensure she doesn't succeed in delivering on her promises to the people- take Fayose for instance, going as far as sabotaging his own country all in the name of opposition politics.

Folks like them would fast and pray Buhari never completes the second Niger bridge even though they'd be the greatest beneficiaries of such a project because that would expose what a lie they've been selling to the illiterates in their region.

I love this response. They are just antagonistic & satanic. They dont wish success for the country.
Am 100% sure if it was their Hero thats in govt now, they will not conplain of anything.
I remember that few months to the end of the tenure of their Hero, dollar was over the naira by a lot more than N240. They didnt see that. Fuel was scarce cuz they stole money meant to pay marketers. They didnt complain.
Now our PMB is cleaning up their mess & they raise their voice over the roof top.
...what a shame...see hatred at its peak....

Now i challenge the IPO-wailer to prove they do not hate this govrment.....
Just prove ur heart is not filled with HATE

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by yewawa: 11:06am On Apr 24, 2016
Good move my dear VP....please go round the country as quickly as possible and tell everyone why we have to be patient ,Infact, it is also going to be a good move if my dear Presdent can also address the nation .Please this goverment need to keep informing the people ,abeg keep informing the people
...Long live President Buhari
....Long live Vp Osinbajo....Long live Nigeria..Peace

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by kan12(m): 11:21am On Apr 24, 2016
But Ngige say dem no go pay,this change govt. is turning into Akara and tombo politics.
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by Zeusd3(m): 11:31am On Apr 24, 2016
ayzTIGER:
change is gradual process indeed; gradual process from bad to worse. We are in same country and the economy is striking me and you even the ones schooling abroad. Keep on supporting cluelessness gradually while the economy is bleeding profusely

The children of Israel of complained n said Egypt was better...forgetting the promise land was ahead...... Keep complaining n u would not c d promised Nigeria.....
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by maestroz: 12:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
Topleague:
ride on my vp, we that are with you are more than they with wailers. you are already on the right track and God will help you

I was just informed you bought fuel at a ridiculous price of N150 per litre. are you sure you are not wailing more than the wailers?
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by maestroz: 12:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
yewawa:
Good move my dear VP....please go round the country as quickly as possible and tell everyone why we have to be patient ,Infact, it is also going to be a good move if my dear Presdent can also address the nation .Please this goverment need to keep informing the people ,abeg keep informing the people
...Long live President Buhari
....Long live Vp Osinbajo....Long live Nigeria..Peace

osinbanjo I know...
Buhari I trust...
Change I doubt...
Nigeria...helpless
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by maestroz: 12:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
faaz24:

Your VP is an oloriburuku ? I don't think so.
An oloriburuku can never get to be the vp of any nation. When someone is an oloriburuku all hopes of doing well in life is lost. He is a VP, a pastor, educationist per excellence etc. He basically drafted the constitution of Rwanda...Park well abeg, PYO is an olorire somebody. grin

I love your assertion "he basically drafted the constitution of Rwanda".the veepee should make a move to scrap the senate as we do not have sufficient funds to take care of wastefulness. let's fight the rot from the root. rather than go to china to seek help, let's conserve funds by reducing wastefulness in government.
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by Pavarottii(m): 12:49pm On Apr 24, 2016
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Quit the childish rants already. We wont become a great nation again overnight. It is a process and takes a little time.
But if u feel u cant wait, cameroun is always willing to accept refugees!
My friend, things are going from bad to worse, no sign of light. At d end of the tunnel.
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by banme1(m): 1:31pm On Apr 24, 2016
Topleague:
ride on my vp, we that are with you are more than they with wailers. you are already on the right track and God will help you
female zombie.
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by Kingspin(m): 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
Nigerian solution has been discussed long ago, what we need now is go get a copy and start implementing them. Stop this useless repeated town hall meeting.
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by Topshow2010(m): 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
tit:

I really pity u and ur family wit dis ur appalling & disgusting outburst toward anointed man of God.In as much as we are all feeling d pains now as a result of d recklessness of our past leaders;like d vp said d pains are inevitable and its just for a while b4 d season of refreshing will come.Moreso u shud rily becareful wit d curse u hurl at God anointed servant like pastor Osinbajo cuz its a fearful thing to curse God anointed servant.A word is enuf for d wise.
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by neduprince(m): 2:45pm On Apr 24, 2016
abeylevels:

I love this response. They are just antagonistic & satanic. They dont wish success for the country.
Am 100% sure if it was their Hero thats in govt now, they will not conplain of anything.
I remember that few months to the end of the tenure of their Hero, dollar was over the naira by a lot more than N240. They didnt see that. Fuel was scarce cuz they stole money meant to pay marketers. They didnt complain.
Now our PMB is cleaning up their mess & they raise their voice over the roof top.
...what a shame...see hatred at its peak....

Now i challenge the IPO-wailer to prove they do not hate this govrment.....
Just prove ur heart is not filled with HATE

Do you also remember when you guys insulted GEJ because he said stealing is not corruption.. But VP PYO just affirmed GEJ's points...
Re: Osinbajo At A Town Hall Meeting In Lagos by Opharhe: 2:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
tuale4u:

Wailer/ IPOB Tout outburst ! Always Emotionally immature. With default response/comment. No substance. Just Noise.

5000 naira is still better than 0 naira as far as an extreme poor is concern. Go to d extreme poor and tell him/her that 5000 naira is nothing, That he is better off without it. Try it and see if he will not stone u !!!

An average wailer/IPOB taut is greedily individualistic. He does not care about people in d lower cadre of d society as long as he can oppress them with i am better than u attitude.

Number 14 in d OP post was his response to Fulani Hersdmen.

Excerpts from thisday Newspaper:
The vice president, who fielded questions from a wide range of interest groups from different sectors of the polity, talked tough on the violence currently being perpetrated by herdsmen in various parts of the country. He warned that violence of any sort was no longer acceptable to the Buhari presidency, stating, “Nobody can enforce any type of right by violence. The use of violence to dispossess others is unacceptable!”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/24/osinbajo-public-officeholders-must-account-for-what-they-own/
Yeah, i too sensed that was what he was referring to but then, the response was not particular enough. There are many categories of people who criminally disposess others through violence in Nigeria but clearly the issue of Fulani herdsmen is a very peculiar case. Using the word 'armed herdsmen' at least would have gone a long way in hitting the nail on the head. Thanks and happy Sunday.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Security Agents Arrest Sepribo Bobmanuel In Rivers (Photos) / Full List Of The 61 Senators That Endorsed Ahmed Lawan For Senate President / Troops Rescue Additional 234 Women, Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.