Stats: 3,159,288 members, 7,839,429 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Nationwide Blackout Not Due To On-going Labour Issues – TCN Refutes Media Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nationwide Blackout Not Due To On-going Labour Issues – TCN Refutes Media Report (606 Views)

Nationwide Blackout Imminent As Power Generation Falls Below 3,000MW / Eight Discos Turns Down 1,337MWH From TCN Despite Erratic Supply To Consumers / Lagos’ll Experience Blackout Today —TCN (2) (3) (4)

Nationwide Blackout Not Due To On-going Labour Issues – TCN Refutes Media Report by TheHeadlinerngr: 10:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
The Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) has debunked media reports that the looming nationwide blackout is due to the ongoing labour lockdown of the TCN headquarters in Abuja.

In a statement signed by the General Manager of Public Affairs in the TCN, Seun Olagunju TCN explained that the on-going labour issues affect administrative work only at the corporate headquarters of TCN.

It added that the company’s ability to carry out its core duty of wheeling bulk electricity is not in any way hampered by the inability of staff at the corporate headquarters, whose core duties are mainly administrative and supervisory to temporarily gain access to their offices and engineers whose core duty it is to ensure that electricity is efficiently wheeled through high tension transmission lines and subsets.

“Presently, these engineers are at their duty posts, performing their duties assiduously. As such, the issue of imminent blackout does not arise,” the statement noted.

According to the statement, because the company recognizes the importance of coordinating and supervising the activities of TCN regional offices by the Corporate Headquarters, communication between key management staff and the regions has been continuous through the telephone and Internet services.

The statement intensified that the TCN assures its customers and the public that meetings are however currently on-going between the affected parties to quickly resolve outstanding issues. Adding, TCN reiterates its commitment to continual working with other stakeholders towards the growth of the sector and improvement of power supply in Nigeria.

Culled from www.theheadlinerng.net

Follow us on Twitter via @TheHeadlinerng for your headline news...
Re: Nationwide Blackout Not Due To On-going Labour Issues – TCN Refutes Media Report by micfoley: 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
I see
Re: Nationwide Blackout Not Due To On-going Labour Issues – TCN Refutes Media Report by tit(f): 10:12pm On Apr 23, 2016
so buhari and his minister of darkness have no excuse.

Re: Nationwide Blackout Not Due To On-going Labour Issues – TCN Refutes Media Report by saintgoogle(m): 10:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
Re: Nationwide Blackout Not Due To On-going Labour Issues – TCN Refutes Media Report by ajepako(f): 10:22pm On Apr 23, 2016
So, BRF is now trying to obtain a degree in Rocket Science since that is what it takes to fix our power sector...

kudos...

Re: Nationwide Blackout Not Due To On-going Labour Issues – TCN Refutes Media Report by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 23, 2016
Well....the problem with our transmission system has less to do with staff....and more to do with the obsolete equipment and infrastructure we have.

Then we have the generation issue too.

Regardless of what APC said.....we have to accept the fact that it is going to take years to get to light 24/7.
Re: Nationwide Blackout Not Due To On-going Labour Issues – TCN Refutes Media Report by Jesusloveyou: 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2016
i wonder oo, becos my light never blink for the past three days, oh my God, God bless pmb
Re: Nationwide Blackout Not Due To On-going Labour Issues – TCN Refutes Media Report by tit(f): 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
i wonder oo, becos my light never blink for the past three days, oh my God, God bless pmb

no nepa light in my shop area since january

Re: Nationwide Blackout Not Due To On-going Labour Issues – TCN Refutes Media Report by 4C2215131: 10:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
I undertand that it is supposed to het worse before it gets better but the suffer don dey too much o! what is the essence of the going through the worse when one may not live to enjoy the better ehn?
Re: Nationwide Blackout Not Due To On-going Labour Issues – TCN Refutes Media Report by drss1(m): 10:55pm On Apr 23, 2016
yet we no dey see light. wat is d minister of darkness doin abot d blackout currently ravaging d con3
Re: Nationwide Blackout Not Due To On-going Labour Issues – TCN Refutes Media Report by Jesusloveyou: 11:46pm On Apr 23, 2016
tit:

no nepa light in my shop area since january
hahahahahaha, try to pay ur bill, bedc wil never try to off the light for 3hrs in a day since january, u can comfirm from G.R.A benin if i am lying. God bless pmb
Re: Nationwide Blackout Not Due To On-going Labour Issues – TCN Refutes Media Report by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 23, 2016
Dis Buhari is bad luck sha.... An incompetent and a weakling president. ... ordinary light??
If Buhari is not a weakling then he shud sack Fashola who is just collecting salary and doing nothing. ..
Re: Nationwide Blackout Not Due To On-going Labour Issues – TCN Refutes Media Report by TPAND(f): 6:35am On Apr 24, 2016
How the mightly Fashola has fallen. I remember clearly this guy running his mouth in a campaign message for APC, saying power is not rocket science, boasting of the little Kilowatts he generated to power some state owned facilities.

Now time to prove to us that Nigeria's power issue is really no rocket science, he can't deliver a bit. Fashola is our most incompetent power minister in history.

Operation Fashola should step down from Ministry of power and face works squarely.

Chief Bode George's Mom Passes This Evening(unconfirmed) / 5 Days Blackout In Parts Of Abuja: PHCN We Want Explanation Please! / Cattle Rearing, Night Grazing Banned In Enugu