Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Is Church Wedding Important? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Church Wedding Important? (13863 Views)

Now This Is Church - Ethiopian Worship / Adekuoroye Tolu: "Church Wedding Is Not Compulsory" / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Church Wedding Important? by Joyceaile(f): 7:20pm On Nov 20, 2021
My thoughts though, just wondering why church wedding has being made mandatory to new couples, Some elders told me it’s a white man's belief, that the most important is the dowry paid to the parents of the girl and the traditional, then to legally show or proof you are married, the court wedding comes in whereby you are handed the certificate of marriage.

So why the craze for the white wedding? Educate me, I am open to learning.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Hashabiah: 7:31pm On Nov 20, 2021
Modern day wedding ceremonies have become one big scam, but in the past it wasn't like this . Nowadays , Nigerian couples have to go through three awful stages of wedding rituals just to be recognized by God, men and the state. This is not good, and it is unhealthy because after the wedding , the couples are left in complete poverty and want.

However, if you have the money (and you don't want to offend your in laws) just do all three rituals . But if you don't have the money , just settle for a simple church wedding with two or three witnesses .

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Nov 20, 2021
Joyceaile:
My thoughts though,just wondering why church wedding has being made mandatory to new couples,Some elders told me it’s a white mans belief,that the most important is the dowry paid to the parents of the girl and the traditional,then to legally show or proof you are married,the court wedding comes in whereby you are handed the certificate of marriage.so why the craze for the white wedding ?educate me ,I am open to learning
God sanctioned none of your wedding and ceremonies in His Law.... traditional rituals, Court rituals, church rituals etc., have absolutely nothing to do with what God commands but instead the traditions and ways of men. undecided

When it comes to marriage, God left it simple for us - Genesis 2 vs 24 & Matthew 19 vs 3 - 5 & Mark 10 vs 5 - 9. That is marriage as far as God is concerned. undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by betcliq: 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2021
E
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Righteousness2(m): 8:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
If you Claim to Believe in JESUS Christ! It is.

GOD is a GOD of Order.
The Church is the Body of Christ and JESUS Christ is the Head of the Church.
GOD ALMIGHTY is the Institutor of the Marriage Institution. In Ephesians, HE likened the Love a Man should have for His wife to that HE has for the Church.
The Church is the representative of Christ on Earth.
If you claim to Believe in JESUS Christ, it is Very Important to for you to be joined by His body.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by TemmyDayo50(m): 8:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
Traditional/Engagement is the main thing... That's our own culture...
Court wedding is important as well so the law recognise you and your partner as legally married...

Church wedding is just because you are a Christian by religion and you want to catch cruise most especially for females... It's not as valid as the Engagement and the court wedding...
My Opinion!

22 Likes

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Border78: 8:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
Yesno
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by TinubuGoQuench(f): 8:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
Any girl that tells me that I cannot carry out my matrimonial duty in bed as a husband after the traditional marriage, let the girl and her parents be ready to refund me the dowry money and every dime I must have spent on the trad marriage! Baascard! Who dey breath?

15 Likes

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by GboyegaD(m): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
No, however it must be both parties agreement and understanding.

1 Like

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
angry

The White weddding is simply the traditional marriage of the white man. In a typical White weddding, the bride's father leads the bride to the groom who is standing alone at the alter. He hands over the bride to the groom there at the alter.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Equiano: 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
NO! The so called church wedding is another man's tradition. Once you have done the payment of bride price and the necessary rites, a marriage has been performed. Then add the legal backing by going to the marriage registry.

11 Likes

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by palobad: 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
For me, NO

But I will do it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by virginprincess(f): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
Yes, it is very important for we Christians, that is where the marriage is blessed in the Godly way with the name of jesus christ, for me, NO CHURCH WEDDING NO MARRIAGE.

3 Likes

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Chukwudi4naija(m): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
Church wedding in Africa is for the intellectually-deprived individuals who duel on the actual instead of the ideal. The actual is the attention, pride, sense of obligation precipitated by the females on their naive male partners.

But the ideal marriage for Africans is the one recognisable by both families of intending couples, and witnessed by whosoever wishes to felicitate with them.

African man is not a deep thinker. He only does whatever is obtainable in his engrave and will not only die in such ignorance, but will pass it to his children and the vicious circle continues ad infinitum.

14 Likes 1 Share

It is not. Once I pay my wife dowry I will take her home.

1 Like

Here to read
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Jemerson: 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
Church wedding and white wedding are not the same thing.

White wedding = social event after church wedding

1 Like

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by bitrusnathan396(m): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2021
OK oo
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by iliyande(m): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
Priority
Church wedding got nothing to do with Christianity. Biblically accepted marriage is the traditional. It is a white man's tradition imported into the church and some Christians embraced it

8 Likes

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Promxy94(m): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
Not compulsory

2 Likes

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by pejuakinab: 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
Yes
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Olam09(m): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
Nope

1 Like

Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by greenie77: 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
Maybe we should also question why there is also marriages performed by other religions
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Olam09(m): 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2021
Not really
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by endallinfection: 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2021
Well ...As a Christian to me , it's not bad .It's very much Okay ... It's the Force and mandatory order women give that man should take them to Court for Marriage that is Nonsense !
Re: Is Church Wedding Important? by Realhommie(m): 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
I agree with what Kobo said up there.. Whether white wedding, traditional wedding or court marriage, it's all the traditions of men..

Marriage simply is the union between 2 people. #Period

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? / How Come Other Pastor In Christ Embassy Dont Work Mirracles Except Chris ? / Why Can't I Correct A Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.