Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Driving With Or Without Shoes - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving With Or Without Shoes (15854 Views)

Where Can I Learn Driving With A Cheaper Amount / Driving With Original Drivers License, Good Or Bad? / Does Driving With The AC On Actually Use More Fuel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Doubleagent008(m): 9:34am On Apr 25, 2016
the only thing I can't do is drive shoeless. I can drive with spike shoe, soccer book, cartoon wrapped around my foot, what else is there? but shoeless from my day 1 on the front sit, it's been shoe all the way.
you are not weird. the first rule of driving is get into a comfortable position. worrying about whether the shoe is obstructing your contact with the pedal or not negates that. My take.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by xreal: 9:35am On Apr 25, 2016
MissMercedes:
Happy Sunday folks,

I was wondering if I'm the only one that feels weird driving with shoes on. Not necessarily heels, but any form of footwear. I feel obstructed, like, I won't drive properly if I'm not barefooted. Am I the only one?

No you are not the only one who feel comfortable, driving barefoot.

Driving barefoot is one of the act which is NOT termed as A CRIME in any part of the wolrld.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Taiwo20(m): 9:35am On Apr 25, 2016
MissMercedes:
Happy Sunday folks,

I was wondering if I'm the only one that feels weird driving with shoes on. Not necessarily heels, but any form of footwear. I feel obstructed, like, I won't drive properly if I'm not barefooted. Am I the only one?

This is common to people who learnt driving with a manual gear car........If during your driving lesson you are fond of taking off your shoes, you would most likely feel uncomfortable driving with shoes on throughout your entire driving lifetime.
i learnt this from my Dad, Thats why i can drive with Denrele shoes on
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by ayusco85(m): 9:51am On Apr 25, 2016
akanniade10:
Both ways work fine for me cheesy if am putting on slippers I take it off and drive barefooted, when am on shoes, I usually don't bother.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 25, 2016
Siena:
I've always driven with shoes.

From a safety standpoint, it's not advisable. In the event of a crash, shoes will go a long way to protecting your feet from the pedals, which may be forced into the car, and could cut your feet. Sever your major artery, and you could bleed to death before rescuers could cut you free.

If you feel uncomfortable driving with shoes or any other form of footwear, then you need to reverse that habit. I don't know of any driving school (exc. Nigeran ones) who's instructors will permit you to take driving lessons barefoot. Or any examiner who would put you through your driving test with your feet exposed.
you're very right. I never knew that people actually drive bare feet. so weird
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by otunbashonny(m): 10:54am On Apr 25, 2016
Siena:

What is a Turtle doing in your car, in the driver's footwell? Unless you're taking it to the vet? undecided

Break?? Your shoe may get trapped by your Turtle, and get broken? undecided

I used turtle in replace of accelerator.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by rockyh(m): 11:05am On Apr 25, 2016
It depends on the kind of shoes am wearing and the distance I will drive because I sweat on my feet but it's bad driving without shoes on
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by chiasoka(m): 11:22am On Apr 25, 2016
Driving without shoes is ideal, even though that flat soled-shoes are still okay.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by soonest(f): 11:32am On Apr 25, 2016
I drive with my shoes on. Without shoe feels odd
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 25, 2016
otunbashonny:

Sweetheart, it's called a THROTTLE, not a turtle. Turtle is an animal.

3 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by MrGerald(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2016
MissMercedes:
Happy Sunday folks,

is because you're new on wheel, leave your shoes on soon you'll stop feeling obstructed
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by zemaye: 11:58am On Apr 25, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy with my shoes on,its far safer
I know some ladies who do without them.
my hubby discouraged me from going shoeless wink
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by edwife(f): 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2016
zemaye:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy with my shoes on,its far safer
I know some ladies who do without them.
my hubby discouraged me from going shoeless wink

I drive with shoes but not my high heels. I can't drive with my high heels on,especially my court shoes. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
MrGerald:
is because you're new on wheel, leave your shoes on soon you'll stop feeling obstructed

Scroll through the thread, and you'll see the part where I stated I've been driving for 10 years.

2 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by hornyman(m): 12:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
To most persons driving without shoe is more convenient but I can drive with both shoes and without shoes conveniently. Learn both, its good.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by TS2(m): 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2016
Are you a bus driver?

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by zemaye: 12:40pm On Apr 25, 2016
[quote author=edwife post=45024923]

I drive with shoes but not my high heels. I can't drive with my high heels on,especially my court shoes. cheesy[/quote

shocked court shoes kwa 16 inches grin
mama wey no gree chai!
enjoy ya life o jare tongue
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by edwife(f): 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2016
[quote author=zemaye post=45025962][/quote]

LMAO I have been wearing them since I was 16 wink, can't live without them.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by luv2luvu: 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
You are still a learner. I know you have not driven up to 4 months that's why u are finding it uncomfortable. If u are an old driver u can drive with a RED WINGS safety boots without complains.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Chijosky(m): 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
it depends on how you learn how to drive, when i started driving I can't drive with my shoes on, a yr later I try to switch to wearing shoe it was hard for me,but now I can wear timberland and drive.. praaaaise tha lord lol

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by MrGerald(m): 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
MissMercedes:

Scroll through the thread, and you'll see the part where I stated I've been driving for 10 years.
OK continue practising, it'll master you, good luck
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by otunbashonny(m): 2:23pm On Apr 25, 2016
MissMercedes:

Sweetheart, it's called a THROTTLE, not a turtle. Turtle is an animal.

Thanks dear. Im glad i learnt something today. kiss

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Lexusgs430: 1:32am On Apr 26, 2016
I love when I press my turtle with my left foot. The turtle usually responds better and I drive faster.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:
I love when I press my turtle with my left foot. The turtle usually responds better and I drive faster.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:01am On Apr 26, 2016
otunbashonny:

Thanks dear. Im glad i learnt something today.

kiss
Lexusgs430:

Not their fault jare,its kazeemised language
Imagine I used to call manifold manifoam.the day I read the right spelling online I felt like covering my face in shame.
U neva hear anytin the funniest to me is 8kilometer "air flow meter" lolzz

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Lexusgs430: 10:05am On Apr 26, 2016
BOUNTYDOG:

Not their fault jare,its kazeemised language
Imagine I used to call manifold manifoam.the day I read the right spelling online I felt like covering my face in shame.
U neva hear anytin the funniest to me is 8kilometer "air flow meter" lolzz

Lol. BORIS DON SPOIL. Boris Johnson would not be pleased.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2016
TS2:
Are you a bus driver?

Sweetie pie, when next you want to comment on my thread, remove your brain from hibernation mode.

wink
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by TS2(m): 4:03pm On Apr 26, 2016
MissMercedes:

Sweetie pie, when next you want to comment on my thread, remove your brain from hibernation mode.

wink

I will. You too, remove your bare foot from the pedals.

2 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 26, 2016
TS2:

I will. You too, remove your bare foot from the pedals.

Leave me jor. Is it your foot? Is it your pedal? Taaaaaa! tongue
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2016
Siena:

What is a Turtle doing in your car, in the driver's footwell? Unless you're taking it to the vet? undecided

Break?? Your shoe may get trapped by your Turtle, and get broken? undecided
otunbashonny:

cheesy
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
luv2luvu:
You are still a learner. I know you have not driven up to 4 months that's why u are finding it uncomfortable. If u are an old driver u can drive with a RED WINGS safety boots without complains.

Yeah, I'm a learner that has been driving since 2006? You're smart wink
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Emekayoung(m): 7:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
Wen i drive an automatic with shoes,boots or even rain boot i feel very comfortable. Unlike wen i drive manual cars. If i don't pull of my shoes wen driving manual i feel so uncomfortable and disturbed... I don't know why.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

thread closed. / How Many Of These Single-axled Cars Can You Name? (photos) / $3million Bugatti Chiron Hypercar Gets A Worldwide Recall Over Bad Seat Welds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.