Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,650 members, 7,851,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:07 PM

Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! (1985 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Shot On The Leg In Cameroon During Fight With Boko Haram (Pic) / Operation Awatse: Navy Battles Pipeline Vandals, Blocks Escape Route In Lagos / Femi Adesina To Nigerians: ‘go And Fight Pipeline Vandals If You Want Electricit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by 989900B: 9:02am On Apr 25, 2016
Reyginus:
Op, your argument can easily pass for any other vice. Is it exclusive to the vandals?

While you are right on the one side, the parts everyone with opposing view are missing are actually listed in the article:

Most of these attacks on the pipelines are sponsored by oil cabals (who want to continue importation of fuel) and alternative power benefactors, and you have on the other hand, 'local chiefs/warlords' who stand to benefit by settlements . . . settlements that the affected communities never benefit from.

Oil spillage causes environmental hazards . . . eventually death.

Economic losses to both the host communities and the country at large.

Personally, I do not know of any vice (apart from corruption as whole), that has the same gigantic ramifications as pipeline vandalism as listed in the article, if you do, kindly explain.

Kindly go thru the article again.
Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 25, 2016
989900B:

While you are right on the one side, the parts everyone with opposing view are missing are actually listed in the article:

Most of these attacks on the pipelines are sponsored by oil cabals (who want to continue importation of fuel) and alternative power benefactors, and you have on the other hand, 'local chiefs/warlords' who stand to benefit by settlements . . . settlements that the affected communities never benefit from.

Oil spillage causes environmental hazards . . . eventually death.

Economic losses to both the host communities and the country at large.

Personally, I do not know of any vice (apart from corruption as whole), that has the same gigantic ramifications as pipeline vandalism as listed in the article, if you do, kindly explain.

Kindly go thru the article again.
You didn't really answer my question. I'm not going to do your work for you. Let me rephrase. Is there any other crime or vice with effects, that is, lowering the value of human life, that is without this? Do you get me now? I can repeat myself.
Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by 989900B: 9:31am On Apr 25, 2016
Just so I say this for clarification, Fulani herdsmen issues are for the most part human relations issues.

It is a problem not peculiar to Nigeria alone.

It is a problem that can be tackled by well thought-out state and local laws and policies.

Fulani herdsmen basically want feed for their livestock, but go about it in a very barbaric way.

I mean it is insane in 2016 having a herd of cows without factoring how you envisage feeding them.

I dare any Fulani herdsman bring his livestock into my farm, and destroy it, maybe I'll forgive the first time . . . you can count on the herd getting the 'Abacha/Abiola treatment' the next time.

In my 'opinion', both the local host communities and state gov'ts, have not properly addressed the Fulani menace, a group of miscreants should not be bold enough to come and over run your domain -- never.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 25, 2016
989900B:
Just so I say this for clarification, Fulani herdsmen issues are for the most part human relations issues.

It is a problem that can be tackled by well thought-out state and local laws and policies.

Fulani herdsmen basically want feed for their livestock, but go about it an a very barbaric way.

I mean it is insane in 2016 having a herd of cows without factoring how you envisage feeding them.

I dare any Fulani herdsman bring his livestock into my farm, and destroy it, maybe I'll forgive the first time . . . you can count on the herd getting the 'Abacha/Abiola treatment' the next time.

In my 'opinion', both the local host communities and state gov'ts, have not properly addressed the Fulani menace, a group of miscreants should not be bold enough to come and over run your domain -- never.
Wow! Bravo! So tell me, what exactly is the consequences of the action of the Fulani herdsmen?
Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by 989900B: 9:37am On Apr 25, 2016
Reyginus:
You didn't really answer my question. I'm not going to do your work for you. Let me rephrase. Is there any other crime or vice with effects, that is, lowering the value of human life, that is without this? Do you get me now? I can repeat myself.

Because you want to believe what you want to believe.

Which other vice ensures 170 million people are thrown in darkness?

Which other vice ensures 170 million people go through the agony of fuel scarcity.

Which other single vice has cost Nigeria $10b in the past 7 years?
Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 25, 2016
...^^^ To add to the above...When exactly should a vandal be shot at sight? Is it when he's doing the damage or before he does the damage? I can rephrase if you want.
Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 25, 2016
989900B:

Because you want to believe what you want to believe.

Which other vice ensures 170 million people are thrown in darkness?

Which other vice ensures 170 million people go through the agony of fuel scarcity.

Which other single vice has cost Nigeria $10b in the past 7 years?

No. You'd have to up your game and argue philosophically if you want to convince me. Okay, jiw tell me, how did you know I want to believe what I want to believe? Punch holes on my position.
Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 25, 2016
^^^And don't explain things like this:

Do you how many Nigerians killed by Fulani herdmen?

If your livestock is destroyed what will you eat?

You see, this sort of explanations are emotional and not rational. Now, go on.
Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by 989900B: 9:50am On Apr 25, 2016
Reyginus:
...^^^ To add to the above...When exactly should a vandal be shot at sight? Is it when he's doing the damage or before he does the damage? I can rephrase if you want.

'Shoot on sight' is a permission given by authorities to law enforcement agents, with rules of engagement, depending on the analysis of the situation borne by feedback from intelligence gathering.
It is more or less a possibility in a scenario, than you taking it literally . . . see rules of engagement when engaging armed robbers.
Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by 989900B: 9:52am On Apr 25, 2016
Reyginus:
^^^And don't explain things like this:

Do you how many Nigerians killed by Fulani herdmen?

If your livestock is destroyed what will you eat?

You see, this sort of explanations are emotional and not rational. Now, go on.

I have a feeling you are not reading my posts or you probably read them in a hurry, because most questions you ask-back are actually answered.

No one enjoys repetition.
Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by Babacele: 10:24am On Apr 25, 2016
989900B:

Fulani herdsmen basically want feed for their livestock, but go about it in a very barbaric way.

I swear Fulani herdsmen issue are consequences of bad socioagricutural policies rogue government left us with. n recently PDP 's inordinate ambition of distracting our hungry gazes from d real deal by engaging us in their deliberately fuelled intertribal wars especially in d middle Belt in d last 1 decade.
What does a Fulani who doesnt care about social amenities want if not green grasses for the love of his life - cattle?
Modern agriculture can solve that in no time.

1 Like

Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 25, 2016
989900B:

'Shoot on sight' is a permission given by authorities to law enforcement agents, with rules of engagement, depending on the analysis of the situation borne by feedback from intelligence gathering.
It is more or less a possibility in a scenario, than you taking it literally . . . see rules of engagement when engaging armed robbers.
Law? Are you talking about what is Legal or what is moral and/or the premises behind them?

So answer me, when exactly do YOU think a vandal should be shot on sight? Don't tell me what the authorities think because you never considered them in your Op.
Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 25, 2016
989900B:

I have a feeling you are not reading my posts or you probably read them in a hurry, because most questions you ask-back are actually answered.

No one enjoys repetition.
A feeling? I don't have a feeling you are not answering my questions but I know you are not answering them.
Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by 989900B: 11:16am On Apr 25, 2016
Reyginus:
A feeling? I don't have a feeling you are not answering my questions but I know you are not answering them.

Have you answered the ones I asked you? This is going no where . . . you get my drift anyway.
Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by 989900B: 11:19am On Apr 25, 2016
Babacele:
I swear Fulani herdsmen issue are consequences of bad socioagricutural policies rogue government left us with. n recently PDP 's inordinate ambition of distracting our hungry gazes from d real deal by engaging us in their deliberately fuelled intertribal wars especially in d middle Belt in d last 1 decade.
What does a Fulani who doesnt care about social amenities want if not green grasses for the love of his life - cattle?
Modern agriculture can solve that in no time.

Like I said, these are resolvable differences, if all stakeholders are proactive.

Bottom line, there is no way a bunch of herdsmen should come and hold any territory hostage -- it can't be done in all of my hoods.
Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by Babacele: 11:24am On Apr 25, 2016
989900B:

Like I said, these are resolvable differences, if all stakeholders are proactive.

Bottom line, there is no way a bunch of herdsmen should come and hold any territory hostage -- it can't be done in all of my hoods.
herdsmen can only go rogue in areas whr community leaders have collected ' bribe' from them n their folks -poor local farmers - ain't playing to script...

1 Like

Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by 989900B: 11:25am On Apr 25, 2016
Babacele:
herdsmen can only go rogue in areas whr community leaders have collected ' bribe' from them n their folks -poor local farmers - ain't playing to script...

The thing tire me o.
Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
989900B:

Have you answered the ones I asked you? This is going no where . . . you get my drift anyway.
No, I don't get your drift. Understand this. I can't answer your question until you show why this case should be treated differently from other man inhuman act to his environment.

You are begging the question. Your position is still in contention and yet to be shown to be logically correct so how do you expect me to answer anything? Like saying stars are inside the moon but when asked how you say I should proof it's not. You get my drift?
Re: Why Pipeline Vandals Should Be Shot On Sight! by Horus(m): 10:24am On Jun 16, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5szE1xTaUw

[size=14pt]NSCDC bust pipeline vandals in Ogun[/size]

Men of the Nigerian security and civil defence corps (NSCDC) in Ogun state have arrested two pipeline vandals who were among the gang operating along Oluwo Ifote, Obafemi Owode local government area of the state .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Nigeria Is In A Big Mess- Buhari / GEJ: Buhari Is Not Making Use Of 50% Of His Brain / Biafran Activist On Al Jazeera - Obasanjo A War Criminal & Should Be In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.