Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,011 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" (27849 Views)

Why Nigerians Will Soon Remix This Slogan 'E Go Beta' / Senator Ben Murray-bruce Mocks Change Slogan Of APC Led-government / APC=Progress: New APC Slogan Tinubu Proposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by Bobbysmart6(m): 9:41am On Apr 25, 2016
Home of watin? angry
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:42am On Apr 25, 2016
ademoladeji:
Beebeeooh wrote it
Itizint me oh, it didn't wroted anything oh..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by anumide(f): 9:43am On Apr 25, 2016
nunogomez:
sometimes i wonder what these people think before they select slogans
It was people like you Ben Murray Bruce was referring to when he said Nigerians have no sense of history
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by Jethrolite(m): 9:45am On Apr 25, 2016
nunogomez:
What are you, a 13 year old?
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by Vongsama(m): 9:54am On Apr 25, 2016
DaBullIT:
It was until Boko Haram was invented

Kaduna , Zaria , Kano were more unstable
Zaria is in Kaduna
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by Abee79(m): 9:57am On Apr 25, 2016
lordhugo:
God will restore that peace to them IJN.

...we have to have unity of purpose as a nation to defeat boko Haram.
AMEN
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by oodua1stson: 9:57am On Apr 25, 2016
Sijo01:
There's a parable in Benin that says, when a child is ugly, you give such child a sweet name cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin

U re wicked
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by eflintsone(m): 10:57am On Apr 25, 2016
borno state where i spent six good years used to be very accommodating , very peaceful , and full of nature until boko haram spoilt the town
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by loopman: 12:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
The truth is that Borno was the most peaceful place in Nigeria before the coming of the politicians in 1999.
The Kanuris happen to also be the most hospitable tribe in the North.

1 Like

Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by teelaw4life(m): 12:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
DaBullIT:
It was until Boko Haram was invented

Kaduna , Zaria , Kano were more unstable

WTH! man. Until boko haram was "invented"? it's a terrorist organization...you establish an organization bro. later we go dey yarn say graduates no get job or their not properly schooled, this is one of those instances lending credence to such fallacious assertions. Please change.
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by DaBullIT(m): 12:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
Ow, Im sorry , did i sound incorrect to you ?? 74 different posts and no one thought i made a mistake

So Mr Grammer, Is boko haram your duly registered formal organization? the last i checked, they do not have a common goal and if it was Established as opposed to invented , Was your daddy one of the co founders ? You know so much about use of English , i bet i'll find enough blunders in your post , Do you want to take me on ??

If not for anything else , you should respect the fact that you met me here on NL , next time try not to step blindly on a beehive

that's your last warning

teelaw4life:

WTH! man. Until boko haram was "invented"? it's a terrorist organization...you establish an organization bro. later we go dey yarn say graduates no get job or their not properly schooled, this is one of those instances lending credence to such fallacious assertions. Please change.
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 25, 2016
Maiduguri used to be very peaceful.
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by teelaw4life(m): 3:17pm On Apr 25, 2016
DaBullIT:
Ow, Im sorry , did i sound incorrect to you ?? 74 different posts and no one thought i made a mistake

So Mr Grammer, Is boko haram your duly registered formal organization? the last i checked, they do not have a common goal and if it was Established as opposed to invented , Was your daddy one of the co founders ? You know so much about use of English , i bet i'll find enough blunders in your post , Do you want to take me on ??

If not for anything else , you should respect the fact that you met me here on NL , next time try not to step blindly on a beehive

that's your last warning

*yawn* See as the thing burn you. Mr NLC giving ultimatum, last warning, talking beehives, nairaland and what not. I challenge you to point out the multiple grammatical errors in my post. N.B if you do find any be assured that i would go ahead to correct it as against a blatant show of inadequate self-value and immaturity. Thank you have a wonderful day.
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by teelaw4life(m): 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2016
DaBullIT:

So Mr Grammer, Is boko haram your duly registered formal organization? the last i checked, they do not have a common goal and if it was Established as opposed to invented , Was your daddy one of the co founders?

The lack of knowledge on show in the quote above is shocking! It is enough to set civilization back to the age of stones and caves. An organization, association, group and the likes do not necessarily have to be registered for one to say it was established or founded or instituted etc. That is why boko-haram is always referred to as an illegal organization and the government is making concerted effort to wipe them out. In addition, the collective goal and objective of boko-haram like several terrorist group is obtainable from the name..."boko-haram" (western education is forbidden) in other words along with eliminating those they perceive as infidels in the country, they also seek an outright eradication of western influence. Hopefully, you'll get down from your fine looking high horse and see where you got it wrong. Shalom.
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by sinola(m): 12:08am On Apr 26, 2016
nunogomez:
Bros,Borno state was so peaceful back in those days befor the invasion of this bokos...i served there 2001/2002 set.Those days you can even sleep with your doors wide open.
I think they have to change that slogan wallai.
Boko haram has badly ravaged the state.
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 26, 2016
anumide:

It was people like you Ben Murray Bruce was referring to when he said Nigerians have no sense of history

you no get sense
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 26, 2016
anumide:

its more like saying Islam is a religion of peace

we all know thats a fat lie
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by Caseless: 12:41pm On May 01, 2016
BizBloke:
Wasn't this coined a long time before the incessant unrests perpetuated by men and women devoid of humanity?
taaa! Bisnesman, i don kash u today. Where have u been?
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by BizBloke(m): 12:00am On May 02, 2016
Caseless:
taaa! Bisnesman, i don kash u today. Where have u been?

Bwuhahaha. Who you kash? grin grin I've been looking for money on my pre-order thread; invite your friends come naa.

How far jare?
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by Nobody: 2:09am On May 02, 2016
The slogan now sounds as a bitter irony. Its very sad, because Borno had a great reputation for being a very peaceful state.

I was born and brought up in Borno. I have lived in many states as well, but non was as peaceful as Borno. It was indeed a home of peace, until Ali Modu Sheriff became governor. He created so much political tension in the state that still persists to this day. For selfish political reasons, He politicize and radicalize the youths and became their financier including islamic fundamentalists like boko haram. They were all his political tools against his political rivals. boko haram eventually became too powerful for him to control. Borno was never thesame again the moment he became governor.
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by Caseless: 7:09am On May 02, 2016
BizBloke:

Bwuhahaha. Who you kash? grin grin I've been looking for money on my pre-order thread; invite your friends come naa.

How far jare?
I kash you ! I kash you! Oko maria-goretti !

Yes ooo. I de see how ur pre-order thread dey go- e make sense. The response is impressive. You are a good businessman.

Again , don't be confined to just your own thread, be allover the place so people can see what's on your signature.
Re: Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" by Caseless: 7:11am On May 02, 2016
OTDR:
The slogan now sounds as a bitter irony. Its very sad, because Borno had a great reputation for being a very peaceful state.

I was born and brought up in Borno. I have lived in many states as well, but non was as peaceful as Borno. It was indeed a home of peace, until Ali Modu Sheriff became governor. He created so much political tension in the state that still persists to this day. For selfish political reasons, He politicize and radicalize the youths and became their financier including islamic fundamentalists like boko haram. They were all his political tools against his political rivals. boko haram eventually became too powerful for him to control. Borno was never thesame again the moment he became governor.
I weep for that state. Borno state was the only state in Nigeria you can go as an outsider, fight an indigen , and you'd go go scot-free .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Meets NLC Leadership Led By Comrade Ayuba Wabba(pics) / FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th / 2023: You're Behaving Like A Desperate Yahoo Boy - Deji Slams Osibanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.