Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD (15196 Views)

Four Officers Missing In Benue As Herdsmen Ambush Police Team / Photos Of The Herdsmen That Attacked Nimbo, Enugu Community / Enugu Community Decries Arrest Of 76 Villagers After Feud With Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by mandax: 11:39am On Apr 25, 2016
Any Igbo who doesn't want Igboland pulled out of Nigeria must not cry or wail over the menace of Fulani cattle - there are still many ignoramuses in Igboland.

Any Igbo that has the head can do the Maths; answer why Nigeria must remain an estate of Fulani - so long as the present 36 states political structure with 20 states in the north remains.

1 Like

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by reflx(m): 11:40am On Apr 25, 2016
hmmmm this one na small na...i like what the guys in awgu local government did to them last time they tried such!
nekwa ndi a o...
long live the homeland!

1 Like

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Menakay(m): 11:44am On Apr 25, 2016
We re resolving the fulani herdsmen issues SILENTLY: LIAR MOHAMMED.
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Standing5(m): 11:44am On Apr 25, 2016
joborskill:
[b]I laugh at the ignorance displayed by many emotionally clouded Nigerians who are against the grazing bill proposed for the Fulani cattle rearers in all states of the Federation. Let's remember that like every other Nigerians, the Fulani's have the right to live and do their business in any part of the country. It is their constitutional right as Nigerians to own grazing fields in any choice location of the country so far it is paid for or provided by the government. We ought to applaud the move made by the federal govt because it will help in ending the unnecessary violence between the Farmers and the Herdsmen. By provision of grazing fields, the fulani's will be restricted to graze on an apportioned land provided by the federal govt. It will be a crime for them to graze their cattles on people's farms once the bill is passed into law. We should not castigate every fulani herdmen as killers because of the few bad ones among them. The incidence in Agatu and other parts of the country were perpetuated by cattle rustlers and not Fulani herdsmen. Cattle rustlers are armed terrorist who steal cattles from herdsmen and graze them around the country as a cover up for their terrorist acts. The ordinary Fulani herdsmen are peaceful people and will never harm innocent Nigerians. The fulani's do not move around with weapons but sticks to guide their cattle. I observed most critics of this Bill are from the eastern part of the country. The igbos need to realize that the federal govt owns all the land and territories in Nigeria and it can decide on how it chooses to use every inch of its territory. The fulani's have every right to graze in the SE and there is nothing any one can do about it. It is their right as a Nigerian just like the igbos are the most travelled tribe doing business in every part of the country. We cannot decide to restrict all igbo traders to the east because of the attitude of few bad eggs amongst them likewise the Fulani's. Most Nigerians criticized the federal govt when they decide to create ranches and import grasses from Brazil to graze these cattles so the herder wont roam about. Now the FG is shifting plans to create a grazing site for the herders in every state which is not a bad move by all standards. We are one Nigeria and we must learn to tolerate ourselves and live in peace. We must shun the politics of hatred and tribalism. Lord Luggard saw the potentials in our diversity before merging us up to form this great country. We must not allow ethnicity to cloud our sense of judgement when the federal govt proposes law that will favour every Nigerian. We must support the grazing bill so the Fulani's can do their business in peace. BTW i am a Yoruba man from the SW. proudly Nigerian cool[/b]
Does FG give land to farmers? Stop being half smart here n use your brain.

1 Like

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by dandollaz: 11:44am On Apr 25, 2016
joborskill:
[b]I laugh at the ignorance displayed by many emotionally clouded Nigerians who are against the grazing bill proposed for the Fulani cattle rearers in all states of the Federation. Let's remember that like every other Nigerians, the Fulani's have the right to live and do their business in any part of the country. It is their constitutional right as Nigerians to own grazing fields in any choice location of the country so far it is paid for or provided by the government. We ought to applaud the move made by the federal govt because it will help in ending the unnecessary violence between the Farmers and the Herdsmen. By provision of grazing fields, the fulani's will be restricted to graze on an apportioned land provided by the federal govt. It will be a crime for them to graze their cattles on people's farms once the bill is passed into law. We should not castigate every fulani herdmen as killers because of the few bad ones among them. The incidence in Agatu and other parts of the country were perpetuated by cattle rustlers and not Fulani herdsmen. Cattle rustlers are armed terrorist who steal cattles from herdsmen and graze them around the country as a cover up for their terrorist acts. The ordinary Fulani herdsmen are peaceful people and will never harm innocent Nigerians. The fulani's do not move around with weapons but sticks to guide their cattle. I observed most critics of this Bill are from the eastern part of the country. The igbos need to realize that the federal govt owns all the land and territories in Nigeria and it can decide on how it chooses to use every inch of its territory. The fulani's have every right to graze in the SE and there is nothing any one can do about it. It is their right as a Nigerian just like the igbos are the most travelled tribe doing business in every part of the country. We cannot decide to restrict all igbo traders to the east because of the attitude of few bad eggs amongst them likewise the Fulani's. Most Nigerians criticized the federal govt when they decide to create ranches and import grasses from Brazil to graze these cattles so the herder wont roam about. Now the FG is shifting plans to create a grazing site for the herders in every state which is not a bad move by all standards. We are one Nigeria and we must learn to tolerate ourselves and live in peace. We must shun the politics of hatred and tribalism. Lord Luggard saw the potentials in our diversity before merging us up to form this great country. We must not allow ethnicity to cloud our sense of judgement when the federal govt proposes law that will favour every Nigerian. We must support the grazing bill so the Fulani's can do their business in peace. BTW i am a Yoruba man from the SW. proudly Nigerian cool[/b]
terriorist at alert.biafra no need them period.
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Demallcrazy(m): 11:50am On Apr 25, 2016
Kernel504, shey u dey on standby ni? cool
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Twistaray(m): 11:51am On Apr 25, 2016
ENUGU – Scores of persons have been reportedly killed in the Fulani herdsmen invasion of Ukpabi,Nimbo in Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State in the early of hours of today.

Natives have fled to neighboring communities of Nkpologu and Uvuru, even as Nkpologu natives fled to Nsukka in fear of attacks. sad

Police Public Relations Officer,Ebere Amaraizu confirmed the incident to Vanguard on the telephone. He said a combined team of police and Army have moved to the area.

Details later

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/many-killed-fulani-herdsmen-invade-enugu-communities/

God save Nigeria
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Demallcrazy(m): 11:53am On Apr 25, 2016
mandax:
Any Igbo who doesn't want Igboland pulled out of Nigeria must not cry or wail over the menace of Fulani cattle - there are still many ignoramuses in Igboland.

Any Igbo that has the head can do the Maths; answer why Nigeria must remain an estate of Fulani - so long as the present 36 states political structure with 20 states in the north remains.
stop knackin ya chest & go protect ya homeland 4rm invadin fulani herdsmen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by BAILMONEY: 11:58am On Apr 25, 2016
Twistaray:
ENUGU – Scores of persons have been reportedly killed in the Fulani herdsmen invasion of Ukpabi,Nimbo in Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of Enugu State in the early of hours of today.

Natives have fled to neighboring communities of Nkpologu and Uvuru, even as Nkpologu natives fled to Nsukka in fear of attacks. sad
Let the war begin angry
Police Public Relations Officer,Ebere Amaraizu confirmed the incident to Vanguard on the telephone. He said a combined team of police and Army have moved to the area.

Details later

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/many-killed-fulani-herdsmen-invade-enugu-communities/

God save Nigeria
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by goodvision12(m): 12:07pm On Apr 25, 2016
joborskill:
from your write up i can see that you are a wonderful writer and possibly a great orator.The trend of event bedevilling this country is confusing and poses a threat to our national unity..All hands must be on deck to eliminate any evil vices capable of tearing this country apart.We have no other country to call our own apart from nigeria.Lets respect and love one another irrespective of cultural diversities and geo-political zones.Nigeria is a great country and we must prove that to the international community to become the centre piece of world politics and global recognition.I must emphasise on this,All Nigerians must Eschew violence and politics of bitterness and This great country a pride destination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by SleekMallam: 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
Fulanis are always on time. They've invaded and sacked communities in enugu as we type.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by EazyMoh(m): 12:14pm On Apr 25, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

I think there should be reprisal in this case. I supports pmb but I don't like his posture towards this fulani issue, if reprisals will make him condemn the heardmen or rustlers, then I think that should happen. This is one story too many, although in my clan in south west you can't go there with cattles or goat, it's not allowed, even if for a party, you kill it the day you brought it in, no sleepover, otherwise you meet it dead before day break. I heard an even lead to it about 40years plus ago.
Reprisals are never the solution. If you think the solution to this problem is the president's condemnation then you are on a long thing. The readers -farmers clash is a Continental phenomenon, not just Nigeria.
In my state Jigawa, this problem was solved by former Governor Sule Lamido. About 50meter wide grazing paths were kept by the government and the farmers were warned not to cultivate it. The following planting season the farmers cultivated the grazing paths. The govt had to send tractors to mow down the crops and since then rearers-farmers clash has stopped in my state. This is the best way to solve the crisis.
A typical fulani man prides himself as fearless and ruthless. If you think reprisals can scare them away you are very wrong. They do not forget nor forgive, plus they have the advantage of been very mobile.
So the best solution is to dialogue and have common grounds then it would be easier to apprehend those that default.
I rest my case.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by emi14: 12:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
The drums of war and dance of death. "suru gedee"
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by ndcide(m): 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
joborskill:

You have been spamming the whole forum with all these. Now note :

1, It is not the "constitutional right" for Fulani's to own grazing fields anywhere they like in Nigeria.

2, it is a crime for Fulani herds men to destroy people's farms, unprovoked. grazing bill or not. (stop giving credence to evil)

3, no body castigated the Fulanies for killing people. Because, their activities are well know to all. No one is oblivious of their criminality and their sentiments.

4,Fulanis are not entitled to the ancestral home of others. No government will do that in a democracy as government must be for the people.

5, attributing the Agatu incidents to cattle rustling is being intelligent by half and trying to kill the truth, maybe for political reasons. So who is rustling cattle in delta state. Is rustling responsible for the criminality perpetrated between say Agbor-Uromi or between Auchi - Okene or between Obinumba - Abraka?
Who is rustling their cattle.

6, Giving your opinion, that rustlers becomes herds men and moving around the country. Then, they are one and the same.

7, We don't know who is an ordinary Fulani man who is harmless as they are both herds men and rustlers who can switch sides. Or an average deltan for example, will suddenly become a rustler.. Please..

8, Enough of these igbo thing in every argument. It degrades arguments. Not everyone is igbo. It's just daft to narrow every sentiments to igbo. Just so silly.

9, Yes the Fulani can graze but not just anywhere and if they can't do that in peace, they should go to their ancestral region and graze.

10, I don't think the Igbos you are quick to mention, trading in katsina is constituting nuisance and killing people's livestock. Please stop this weak analogy, As the Fulani didn't start coming down south 16 years ago. They've been grazing before we were born. So what changed.

11, if the FG is hell bent on establishing grazing areas, it should be within the ancestral home of the Fulanis or absolutely on the terms of the locals, as Land being a resource is being held in trust for the people by the government.

I hope you'll stop at this juncture.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by shamecurls(m): 12:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
dunkem21:
To be fourworn is to be forehand cool

Your WAEC certificate needs to be revoked

Hope you don't insult Buhari about not having a certificate?

2 Likes

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by OlujobaSamuel: 12:22pm On Apr 25, 2016
EazyMoh:

Reprisals are never the solution. If you think the solution to this problem is the president's condemnation then you are on a long thing. The readers -farmers clash is a Continental phenomenon, not just Nigeria.
In my state Jigawa, this problem was solved by former Governor Sule Lamido. About 50meter wide grazing paths were kept by the government and the farmers were warned not to cultivate it. The following planting season the farmers cultivated the grazing paths. The govt had to send tractors to mow down the crops and since then rearers-farmers clash has stopped in my state. This is the best way to solve the crisis.
A typical fulani man prides himself as fearless and ruthless. If you think reprisals can scare them away you are very wrong. They do not forget nor forgive, plus they have the advantage of been very mobile.
So the best solution is to dialogue and have common grounds then it would be easier to apprehend those that default.
I rest my case.
government can't allocate people's land to businessmen. They are into business, they should invest in their business. Everyone is fearless and ruthless, when pushed to the walls. The president knows the owner of these herds because he is also one of them, so it's better for him to condemn it and talk to their casual workers(herdsmen).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by cecegorz(m): 12:32pm On Apr 25, 2016
joborskill:

You truly need your head examined.
The government will provide people's farmland to cattle herders; a complete 100% commercial business of other people.
Do they share their cattle meat freely with the communities?

Have you ever seen where the govt collected peoples land to build shops freely for the Igbo/Yoruba traders across the nation?

These cattles are owned by Billionaires, why can't they buy hectares of lands and do whatever they want to do with the cattles?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by MENELIK1: 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2016
jimi4us:
and since when una start to dey take care of una self.? We run things. Lagos was developed with our sweat and oil. So shut the Fck up punk. #nomansland
Oga SW produces more oil than SE which oil are you talking about? Coconut oil or groundnut oil

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by jimi4us: 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2016
MENELIK1:
Oga SW produces more oil than SE which oil are you talking about? Coconut oil or groundnut oil
ewedu oil

1 Like

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by ClintonDal(m): 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2016
Walahi the Igbo leaders are very useless, they are only after their pockets and pot bellies. Fulanis planning an attack to dislodge citizens from their fatherland and all our leaders can think about is SUV.
Thank God, living in Nigeria is now a thing of the past. The Zoo is dead, I just pity the masses who constantly bear the brunt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by MENELIK1: 1:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
jimi4us:
ewedu oil
You are correct sir, "Ewedu Oil" derivable only in SE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Leiman100(m): 1:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
inkon:
Personally, I'm overwhelmed with endurance already.
How long will the preacher talk before peace is adhered to?

This is not about preparing herbs for a mad man. The question is: does his mouth look like he will drink the herbs?

Why preach peace to Fulani whose existence is rooted in violence?

How did these sons of darkness get into Nigeria in the first place?

So.., the true citizens of this land will keep on talking soft, preaching peace and begging like women while these recalcitrant animals maim and subjugate them.

This is so disheartening.

Where is noblezone
is this the peace talk you are talking about or tribal insult?
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by judondasylva(m): 1:14pm On Apr 25, 2016
hmmmmm only God will save from this evil people
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Leiman100(m): 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
We'll Defend Southeastern Nigeria. We all saw it, We warned them, but they never listened...

APC remains the biggest mistake in Nigeria..

Imolites dying everyday and begging just to be paid their salaries and pensions they all worked for.

Well 2019 is just 3yrs from now
stop shouting 2019 the last election has proved that you are of voteless minority

2 Likes

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 25, 2016
joborskill:

Very Sorry For You.
While they are at it, let FG buy Sabon-gari and give Igbo businessmen, buy Ogun and give Lagos investors.
If not that I have seen you as a troll, I would have advised you to discuss with your cows about ranches ; they will even agree with you. Who likes to be walking up and down in this 21st century asides the backward Fulani Even a well bred Fulani cow in this century will prefer a ranch.
Guy, open your brain and think, the world is leaving you behind.
Modified :
Permit me to add that Lord Luggard was a Cow. undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 25, 2016
Leiman100:
stop shouting 2019 the last election has proved that you are of voteless minority

So this is what u can say. Fulani herdsmen are rampaging the country but ur problem is the igbos. What has voteless minority got to do with this thread. Your people landed Nigeria in a mess due 2 hatred 4 igbos. You people cannot live with the fact that igbos are superior to your tribe. Mind u, am not igbo; but the earlier you people accept that Igbos are a superior race, the better for Southern Nigeria. your people hate igbos because they are intimidated by the superior igbos. This is 2016 and the truth is coming out gradually. even the British colonialists are already confessing.

1 Like

Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 25, 2016
ndcide:

You have been spamming the whole forum with all these. Now note :

1, It is not the "constitutional right" for Fulani's to own grazing fields anywhere they like in Nigeria.

2, it is a crime for Fulani herds men to destroy people's farms, unprovoked. grazing bill or not. (stop giving credence to evil)

3, no body castigated the Fulanies for killing people. Because, their activities are well know to all. No one is oblivious of their criminality and their sentiments.

4,Fulanis are not entitled to the ancestral home of others. No government will do that in a democracy as government must be for the people.

5, attributing the Agatu incidents to cattle rustling is being intelligent by half and trying to kill the truth, maybe for political reasons. So who is rustling cattle in delta state. Is rustling responsible for the criminality perpetrated between say Agbor-Uromi or between Auchi - Okene or between Obinumba - Abraka?
Who is rustling their cattle.

6, Giving your opinion, that rustlers becomes herds men and moving around the country. Then, they are one and the same.

7, We don't know who is an ordinary Fulani man who is harmless as they are both herds men and rustlers who can switch sides. Or an average deltan for example, will suddenly become a rustler.. Please..

8, Enough of these igbo thing in every argument. It degrades arguments. Not everyone is igbo. It's just daft to narrow every sentiments to igbo. Just so silly.

9, Yes the Fulani can graze but not just anywhere and if they can't do that in peace, they should go to their ancestral region and graze.

10, I don't think the Igbos you are quick to mention, trading in katsina is constituting nuisance and killing people's livestock. Please stop this weak analogy, As the Fulani didn't start coming down south 16 years ago. They've been grazing before we were born. So what changed.

11, if the FG is hell bent on establishing grazing areas, it should be within the ancestral home of the Fulanis or absolutely on the terms of the locals, as Land being a resource is being held in trust for the people by the government.

I hope you'll stop at this juncture.

He is just a troll, don't waste your time.
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by EazyMoh(m): 1:30pm On Apr 25, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

government can't allocate people's land to businessmen. They are into business, they should invest in their business. Everyone is fearless and ruthless, when pushed to the walls. The president knows the owner of these herds because he is also one of them, so it's better for him to condemn it and talk to their casual workers(herdsmen).
grazing paths are not allocated to Fulanis alone. They are government owned but only for citizens to use just like roads.
The president knows the owners? seriously?
No matter how many time the president condemns their attack they won't listen. They would attack when and wherever they are provoked. Best solution is the grazing paths.
Re: Tension As Herdsmen Plot Invasion Of Enugu Community- VANGUARD by fortune1968: 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
people should get prepared and give them a dose of their own medicine.Nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise / Falana Writes Buhari Govt To Withdraw The Case Against Onnoghen / Ondo APC Primary: Jimoh Ibrahim Clinches Senator Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.